Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,962,000
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: Bob Davis] #13970579 04/23/21 01:58 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Originally Posted by rj74955
You sound confident enough to wager, Dan.

No. Bob said my saying it was dead is high on the "nope" meter and he is clearly following this more closely than I am.

BUT my intuition still says its not likely. Gov has not said a word about it. You know what Governors (and Presidents) do when they support something in this house/senate process? They say things like "Its the duty of the house and senate to get this bill on my desk and I will sign it!!" and things of this nature.

Bob(s) has the Gov. said anything like that? If so I have not heard it.

It better pass the Texas Senate and the Gov. better sign it or they will be in trouble come election time. TSRA members and NRA members, myself included have sent letters to our Senators and the Governors office. The way laws are not being followed or enforced anymore, folks better be armed. There are already 20 States that have allowed Constitutional carry. So, yes, we will see, but I for one hope it passes.

cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: banker-always fishing] #13970593 04/23/21 02:10 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
God Bless texas

So as a Leo, what are your thoughts on it?

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: dk2429] #13971704 04/23/21 11:49 PM
D
dk2429 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/04/23/texas-constitutional-carry-proposal-for-handguns-has-new-momentum-in-state-senate/%3foutputType=amp

I love how yesterday all the news outlets... “it’s not getting a good vote in the senate, not looking good, experts say it won’t pass.” That’s the media and those “experts” y’all like to believe 🐑🐑

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: dk2429] #13971706 04/23/21 11:50 PM
P
pchapin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P

[/quote]

If you've ever taken a Texas License to Carry course, you would know that the LTC does basically nothing because any moron mouth breather can past that "test." I have an LTC, but I don't know why I have to pay the governement and say pretty can I please exercise my 2nd amendment right?

That's just it. Most of you people are PRO GUN, not PRO 2nd AMENDMENT. There's a difference there.
[/quote]

I have been carrying for many years. When I took the course there were people there that had just purchased their first gun and did not even know how to load it. There were two men who could not pull the slide back without pointing the gun at the person next to them. The instructor finally made one move to the far left because he could not pull the slide with the gun pointed downrange.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: dk2429] #13971774 04/24/21 12:56 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by dk2429
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/04/23/texas-constitutional-carry-proposal-for-handguns-has-new-momentum-in-state-senate/%3foutputType=amp

I love how yesterday all the news outlets... “it’s not getting a good vote in the senate, not looking good, experts say it won’t pass.” That’s the media and those “experts” y’all like to believe 🐑🐑

Excellent news, thanks!

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: dk2429] #13971927 04/24/21 04:23 AM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
L
I stopped into my Senator’s office this afternoon while out in East Texas and the person working his office said that he couldn’t say anything but there was something going on and it would most likely pass. I gave him my number and he said he would call me on Monday so hopefully there has been some arm twisting to move this along. We will see.

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13971937 04/24/21 04:50 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by rj74955
You sound confident enough to wager, Dan.

No. Bob said my saying it was dead is high on the "nope" meter and he is clearly following this more closely than I am.

BUT my intuition still says its not likely. Gov has not said a word about it. You know what Governors (and Presidents) do when they support something in this house/senate process? They say things like "Its the duty of the house and senate to get this bill on my desk and I will sign it!!" and things of this nature.

Bob(s) has the Gov. said anything like that? If so I have not heard it.

It better pass the Texas Senate and the Gov. better sign it or they will be in trouble come election time. TSRA members and NRA members, myself included have sent letters to our Senators and the Governors office. The way laws are not being followed or enforced anymore, folks better be armed. There are already 20 States that have allowed Constitutional carry. So, yes, we will see, but I for one hope it passes.

I feel ya brother! I mean all the bad guys are carrying and they did not get their LTC. What are we doing here? Lets pass this thing and be done with it.

Its kind of like weed, people think "OMG its going to be INSANE if this passes..." Well, its legal in like 10 states. And guess what? Nothing is really different except those states have a sh** ton of tax revenues coming in and now people dont have to employ drug dealers and cartels to get products of unknown quality and safety.

Its all on the up and up. I am pro guns and weed... not at the same time though.

As to "nothing really changed in states that legalized weed" there are some who may beg to disagree with you. My sister's employer had (emphasis on past tense) a regional office in a state that legalized pot. Suddenly their office parking lot was filled with vehicle overflow from the weed shop in a strip center next door. Employee and business visitor vehicles were broken into and/or damaged. People trespassed and loitered. Customers were uncomfortable. They hired private security, which helped some, but their powers were limited and police were overwhelmed, often not making it to these "mere nuisance calls." The last I heard, they were thinking of relocating. I also have longtime friends who live in a legalized state. They don't seem to think it's a very good trade-off either. Yep, no change there....move along.

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: dk2429] #13972005 04/24/21 12:14 PM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Nothing to worry about as long as we continue to have well trained instructors to help people along.

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: pchapin] #13972239 04/24/21 04:31 PM
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by pchapin

If you've ever taken a Texas License to Carry course, you would know that the LTC does basically nothing because any moron mouth breather can past that "test." I have an LTC, but I don't know why I have to pay the governement and say pretty can I please exercise my 2nd amendment right?

That's just it. Most of you people are PRO GUN, not PRO 2nd AMENDMENT. There's a difference there.
[/quote]

I have been carrying for many years. When I took the course there were people there that had just purchased their first gun and did not even know how to load it. There were two men who could not pull the slide back without pointing the gun at the person next to them. The instructor finally made one move to the far left because he could not pull the slide with the gun pointed downrange. [/quote]
I have seen this type of behavior at a couple of the trainings I have attended. Thankfully the instructors at both of these events failed them. The strictest one I ever attended was done by our county sheriffs office. You had to qualify with both revolver and semiautomatic and they spent a whole lot of time on gun safety.

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: dk2429] #13972317 04/24/21 06:11 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Some who want gun reform hope this passes. When all the hoodlums get unregistered guns and start using them, we'll see a reform reaction to rein it in. I understand something similar happened in the 60's and 70's when The Black Panthers said, "The gun is the only thing that will free us." That was back in the days when the NRA supported gun control before the second amendment became their rallying cry.

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: fishslime] #13972356 04/24/21 06:55 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by fishslime
When all the hoodlums get unregistered guns and start using them, we'll see a reform reaction to rein it in.

Where have you been the last 40 years? roflmao

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13972650 04/25/21 01:28 AM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
When all the hoodlums get unregistered guns and start using them, we'll see a reform reaction to rein it in.

Paying attention to history and remembering it.

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13972678 04/25/21 02:00 AM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan

No kidding!!

I've never known a "hoodlum" to get an LTC. As as far as registration, that's not required in Texas for a simple handgun. No "thugs" are buying firearms legally after passing a backround check from Academy.

They are stolen. From suburban homes, trucks, family etc.

No more hoodlums will be carrying if this passes than are carrying at this very minute.

But Fishgrime knows that... He's trolling.

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13972792 04/25/21 05:30 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
honey boo boo
Online Happy
honey boo boo

No kidding!!

I've never known a "hoodlum" to get an LTC. As as far as registration, that's not required in Texas for a simple handgun. No "thugs" are buying firearms legally after passing a backround check from Academy.

They are stolen. From suburban homes, trucks, family etc.

No more hoodlums will be carrying if this passes than are carrying at this very minute.

But Fishgrime knows that... He's trolling.

Holy [censored], A boy from Cali even sees it. it waddles and that troll should have beem gone long ago.

Re: Texas House passes constitutional carry [Re: dk2429] #13976644 04/28/21 02:15 AM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Update:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5