Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: Grapvine Homer] #13966789 04/20/21 12:51 PM
P
prosise Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by Grapvine Homer
Me and the wife we also out fishing around you . We were in the white skeeter. Glad to finally meet you . I have been following your post for the past year. Your tips and lure presentation are spot on. Fishing was slow at best but we had a great time. Birds did get going at the last part of the evening near the island and we caught a few there. Overall we picked up around 20 sandies . Most of them keepers. But no big fatties. Thanks again for all the post keep them coming .

Was nice to meet you as well, your Blessed to have that fishing partner. Hope to cross paths with you again. That trolling motor is powerful, really moves the boat around...

Take care

Prosise

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13966836 04/20/21 01:35 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by prosise
Fished 10-830pm with my good buddy Ronnie. Short story version: fishing was slow. We went to the bridge near the island, but couldn't get any takers. Headed over to Murrel point and caught allot of fish but they were in the 7-10" range. Ran into a a man that I have seen for many years out on the lake, I will call him "Mr. R". He was looking for some fish and keeping over 11" fish. We helped him with his limit "i hope" , one escaped on the transfer so he had to pick up a few more. Met a TFF'r Mr. White and we looked around Murrell some. Fishing was off today, we could catch fish but it was every now and then after 2pm. Me and Ronnie worked our way closer to the point and caught bigger fish on crankbaits earlie in the day. You can see fish in the 10-15ft range, and we caught some good fish. However, it was a little bit of work catching fish over 11" at murrell. We did catch a few on jigging spoons, but a majority were small. "Mr.R", and "Mr. White" caught a good catfish on a spoon which is cool. About 5'ish I side scanned the whole point at murrell and it was pretty quite. Moved east and we caught a few big oned on a crankbait. Fish/bait are out in deep water but couldn't get them to cooperate. Was a beautiful day, and a nice sunset. We ran down to the main point for the last 20 minutes of sun at Meadomere and I caught about 5 fish before we called it. Was a great day with an old Buddy, and yes He got the big fish today.. Was a blessed day out on the water.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Was great finally meeting you! Had a blast although most of the sanders we caught were small. Did get a few keepers for a fry. The big catfish was quite a surprise! It is the largest that I have ever gotten into the boat.... Nice to see the others out there also, I'm sure we be running to each other again!

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: bronco71] #13967195 04/20/21 06:41 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I guess I missed the party. I almost hooked up and went yesterday evening, but I got lazy after I got home from work.

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13967927 04/21/21 04:07 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Unexpected surprise today, after I got my rat killing done I got a kitchen pass to go fishing. Was not expecting much at all with the high winds, but I got lucky.. Launched about 2pm at Meadomere, cruised straight across the lake to the mouth of twin coves. Wind coming out of the NW and the south side was rough. Some birds working at the west side of the twin coves entrance area, worked what I could with the wind and picked up some fish on a crankbait, jig, and a spoon. The biggest fish are coming off a 3xd crankbait. Not as many but good keepers. Fished there for a while then headed down and looked around on the north side of the lake. Nothing picked up down near meadomere, or down from there. Came back up to a point that had a few birds working the shoreline. Side scanned the point and it had a big rock pile on the point out in 11ft of water. Started throwing a crankbait on the rocks and it was really fun. 6lb test and a 3xd digs, once I was bumping I could slow down and they would crush it. Wasn't expecting to have any fun with the crazy wind, but I did. I will revisit this point and see what it has to offer. Definitely a rough day and not the best of conditions, but I wanted to take advantage of my last day off. Sitting at the back of the boat and using the ipilot remote is really the way to go in high winds.. No rollers over the bow today.. Take care all..

Lake is stained from the high winds, pretty much all the lake I saw had mud lines..

Twin coves area
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Protected point with a real nice piece of structure out on it. Holding fish..
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13969123 04/21/21 11:41 PM
M
MilesHunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Hey Brent, it was good to meet you out on the lake. My wife and I were taking out my cousin and her boyfriend who just moved to Grapevine. I plan on fishing Grapevine a little more often now that they are close. We caught a couple of larger sandbass and a smallmouth bass right before sunset.

Miles
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13969159 04/22/21 12:22 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Late afternoon bite is real good, before sunset you can be a hero or zero depending on the point you fish. Depending on the wind, and where the shad go. If you see any birds close to a point, or an area focus on a point at sunset for some of those nice ones.. Thx for the info, and was nice to meet you as well. Hope to see you out on the water. Will report next week on ny days off, if you go out be safe and don't hesitate to update the thread..

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13970178 04/22/21 06:26 PM
F
fishrdude Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Hey prosise I got to try my DIY thumper today and it worked like a charm. I was on Lewisville and found a wind blown point. I made sure that I wasn't seeing fish on the graph or catching any either casting or vertical jigging. I turned on the speaker and the metronome and a few minutes later fish started showing up like magic! The action was nonstop. I was able to catch most of them vertical jigging not as many casting. I caught them steady for about an hour then I turned the speaker off. Catching slowed and then stopped in about twenty minutes. All I can say is I am now a believer and thanks for all the tips!

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13970203 04/22/21 06:42 PM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
I really appreciate the feedback, and I look forward to more verifications. I am always looking for ways to same money, and I already had a bluetooth speaker. So with a little bit of curiosity I tried it. I remember some discussions back last year about this, and it was interesting. Anything that I can do to help catch fish is a no brainer if you ask me. For the record, when I crossed paths with Mr. White last week he had the real deal thumper and it was "Loud".. I was amazed at the sound it could produce. So this is a compromise to the real thing. I am pleased with the redneck version, and I have tried it in areas with fish and without. If there are not that many fish in the area, you will not see much change. But if they are in the area, you will see some activity on the graph. I did try it in some deeper water that had some activity, but whatever was down there did not want to cooperate. Only thing I have not done is to vary the frequency, or change the sound. Just left well enough alone. I tried to look online to see what is behind the sound that brings in the fish, but I didn't see anything that was solid. Keep it up, and if you don't mind let me know what type of speaker you used.

Thanks Again

Prosise

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13970427 04/22/21 11:44 PM
F
fishrdude Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
The speaker is one called AOMAIS. I got it on amazon for $50.00. It is flat front with good bass and I actually put in the bilge of the boat so nothing blocks the sound. I would call it medium loud and if it was any louder I probably would't use it. I have always been interested it the thumping post but I didn't want to add something else to haul on the boat and I didn't like the noise. This setup seems to be the best of both worlds for me. If it works some of the time without being abrasive that is great. On the days it doesn't work I can listen to music. I am in no way putting down "real" thumpers of the folks that use them but this systems is perfect for my needs. Thanks again for the idea.

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13970436 04/22/21 11:51 PM
G
Grapvine Homer Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
G
The sand bass were on fire the past 2 days . We fished the murrell park area . Birds were up and kept us on fish most of the day wends. Things really heated up today . Casting a small jig was our choice of presentation . I think water temp and the next front coming tomorrow were some of the reasons. Water temp was at 60 degrees a drop of 5 from my last fishing trip.

2004 SX190 Skeeter
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13970810 04/23/21 12:01 PM
T
T- Gil Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Back before the days of the broomstick vs floor of boat, on Texocean, I'd see guides swishing a rod in the water, making a figure 8. I thought that was the strangest thing! Brent, was it you that posted something last year about playing ACDC (or some other band) and catching more fish?

[Linked Image]

TEAM HUMDINGER

1st teach a child to love God, teach him second to love Family, 3rd teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. CC

"Una Stamus"
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13970813 04/23/21 12:03 PM
C
Captain Yakker Offline
Angler
Angler
C
I like the Bluetooth/metronome app idea. In my kayak, I started carrying a rubber mallet and manually thumping the side of the hull. It has worked very well for me. I already have a waterproof Bluetooth speaker so I am going to try that idea out. Thanks for the tips!

Also wanted to add, that after years of fishing schooling Sandies, I too have learned that the bigger fish are below the surface action. Makes sense when you think about it. Bigger, older fish are too lazy to chase shad like them, “youngins”, so they hang out and wait for the droppings to fall below the surface. I like to throw a heavy slab so that it sinks below the main school pretty fast.

Fishin' to stock Lake Crisco.
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13970871 04/23/21 12:57 PM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
The rod in the water works for sure, seen a few guides do it. I have done it when the going got tough as well. Anything to get the fish excited and on the hook. As for the ACDC question, wasn't me but I think they like Thunderstruck. Like I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I was catching more fish when I was listening to music. This is the reason I tried the sound generator.
Man, It has been beautiful weather lately. Really hard to concentrate with work knowing the conditions.. Wind was dead calm on Wednesday, me and my wife were heading to the movies. I mentioned the wind, and she said "Just take me home.. Your thinking about fishing".. She said it with a smile, and I wasn't going to take her home. Anniversary dinner and double feature movie. First time since this whole crazy Covid thing started, and I wasn't going to skip this with her. She is so awesome, and I am so lucky. Will be out Sunday, and into the week. With all the crazy Wake boats I just might go up the creek on Sunday. Take care all and be careful out...

Prosise

Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13970886 04/23/21 01:07 PM
C
Chiprat Offline
Angler
Angler
C
[Linked Image]
Had a Good day on LL as well, with the Sandies Loaded up. The Thumper worked out great.

Lowe 17V Tournament 1990 Evinrude 120 V4
MinnKotta Ulterra 24V 60"
Garmin LIVE SCOPE...Yes you can hate me

1973 14ft Jon Boat V hull 5hp
1996 Mariah Talari 23.5 Fun Boat, and Striper boat at Texoma
Re: Grapevine Lake [Re: prosise] #13973725 04/26/21 01:50 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Launched canoe at the Trophy Club ramp, creek was stained so i headed down. Fished for bass until about 2pm, from Meadomere i scooted over to the Grapevine lake point area, then eased back to a windy point towards the back of the creek. Wind was blowing into the point and real nice fish were stacked up in the shallow water. Fished this until about 630, then moved out to the rock pile that I referenced last week. Big fish on the crankbait, bumping the top of the hump. Non-stop fun over in this area. Crankbait caught good fish, but wind was tough in the canoe. Waiting for the truck at meadomere as i type. Moon is awesome.. Prob caught 70 over 12 fish in that little spot in the back.

Going with big boat tomorrow.. Did well with my anchor, and wake boats out in full force today. Yep, i was the crazy guy crossing the lake in a canoe. Bass fishing is on fire for big fish.. Forgot Bodycam, and really screwed up leaving it at home. Caught the same fish twice and got off. Saw her head shake both times. All I am going to say is She was beautiful and big. But it's all a fishing story at this time Maybe tomorrow..

Met a couple people, was nice to meet you Mr Cobb, and I got a kid and his dad fishing with their trolling motor. He lost voltage, just had to backtrack the wires..

Fished here
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 04/26/21 02:00 AM.
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide