Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960372 04/14/21 10:04 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
While I understand the ideology behind requiring some form of education to carry a gun, I don't really agree that our current licensing process provides it. Sure it does in theory, but there are tons of LTC holders that have no business carrying a gun.

I'll also point out that the Gen Z man bunner that everyone agrees shouldn't be carrying - probably has no plans to carry. Anyone with a man bun is an effeminate SJW who is more likely to walk outside with a protest sign than a gun. So no need to worry about those guys doing something stupid with a gun, other than screaming at the sight of someone else carrying.

Last edited by COFF; 04/14/21 10:06 PM.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960383 04/14/21 10:22 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Flyfisherman
It’s sad how many so called conservatives on this board think that constitutional carry is a bad idea.

Most aren't libertarians.

Half the folks on this board are center right and call themselves Republicans. These folks are fine with some Leftist ideas/policies.

Then there are hard core Righties. (me)

So how many of the Libertarians are OK with some Liberal stances? A true Libertarian is fine with heroine use and think all drugs should be legalized. They also think that prostitution should be legal. I'm not a Libertarian although I have some leanings that way. My dad was a card carrying Libertarian and I had some good discussions with him.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960384 04/14/21 10:22 PM
F
fmrmbmlm Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Having to have a LTC is saying you have this right only if you comply to my rules. The 2nd amendment is not an earned right given by the authorities, it prohibits the government from infringing that God given right. How much more freedom are you willing give up? Now a days we have lost so many freedoms that we had 40-100 years ago. You can hardly go to the bathroom in your own house without the government sticking their nose in. With freedom comes great responsibility and great risk. Just like driving a car, a privilege not a right, do something stupid and you or you and someone else pays a price.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960391 04/14/21 10:25 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Someone mentioned that all the major city police chiefs were in Austin to protest this CC issue. There is a very simple explanation to this . . . all the major cities (except maybe FW) are Dem strongholds with Dem mayors who appoint a PC that carries out the mayors policies.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960397 04/14/21 10:32 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
if y'all don't see my point on todays soiciety then go for it, I am for constitutional carry, I just hope none of y'all ever shoot the moron that drew down on someone else because they were plain ignorant.

my bad for not trusting the same society that let the pedo become our supposed president.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: RayBob] #13960408 04/14/21 10:40 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by RayBob
It’s sad how many so called conservatives on this board think that constitutional carry is a bad idea.

Half the folks on this board are center right and call themselves Republicans. These folks are fine with some Leftist ideas/policies.

So how many of the Libertarians are OK with some Liberal stances? A true Libertarian is fine with heroine use and think all drugs should be legalized. They also think that prostitution should be legal. I'm not a Libertarian although I have some leanings that way. My dad was a card carrying Libertarian and I had some good discussions with him.

That's the problem with it. I take it in small doses. I hate to say I'm for legal prostitution. Its a complicated stance. I see all sides to it.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960418 04/14/21 10:46 PM
CaptainCrunch Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
I'm with you Hop. There are too many accidental shootings with children killed. Had one in Dallas this week where a 9 year old found a gun in a glove compartment and accidentally shot an 11 year old. Not saying a brief class on gun safety would have completely prevented this, but we owe to our kids to do our best to protect them. If you call a one-time short class on gun safety an infringement on your rights, I guess that's your choice.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: COFF] #13960424 04/14/21 10:49 PM
M
MBradford Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by COFF
I'll also point out that the Gen Z man bunner that everyone agrees shouldn't be carrying - probably has no plans to carry. Anyone with a man bun is an effeminate SJW who is more likely to walk outside with a protest sign than a gun. So no need to worry about those guys doing something stupid with a gun, other than screaming at the sight of someone else carrying.

Try telling that to this guy:

[Linked Image]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWOKQSd06KM

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: RayBob] #13960427 04/14/21 10:50 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by RayBob

I believe in personal responsibility for one thing, small govt. for another. my comments on carry are simply my view of what I see going on nationwide, right now I don't trust about 75% of our population.

something else for y'all that are hollerin infringement, you do realize that with that stance any illegal allowed to enter the country is also guaranteed protection under our constitution, should they also be allowed to carry?

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Flyfisherman] #13960428 04/14/21 10:50 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

Frightening really.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960445 04/14/21 11:07 PM
S
silvers Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Not real worried about the concealed carry folks, more worries about the people that open carry, no offense to anyone but ego does play a part in this, look at me I have a gun

call it what you will...he is not definitely not anywhere near the top of the list for QB's that I would choose needing a FG or touchdown drive late in the game.
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960467 04/14/21 11:22 PM
D
Droyhef Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
We already discussed this in the other board.

The bill of rights isnt predicated on qualifiers like training, race etc.

If there is a test for who may defend themselves, who designs and controls the test? How is testing funded, tracked, and designed. Whomever is in charge of that has become the arbiter of your inalienable right to defend yourself. There is risk involved in allowing people to own firearms. There is risk in most things. Ex someone may say something untrue (1st), someone may hide something dangerous (4th). Rather than attempt to prevent abuse we have typically punished abuse. Freedom is inherently risky, but I would rather take my chances being free.

For those in favor of restrictions, who should lose their inalienable rights and by what qualifications. Should this be put to a vote? What if you find yourself in the minority and there is a vote to take yours, for common sense reasons of course?

Last edited by Droyhef; 04/14/21 11:28 PM.

http://www.texasmegafishadventures.com
Guided rod and reel fishing trips for Alligator gar on the Trinity River as well as some other places
903-721-4296
dawson@texasmegafishadventures.com
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960474 04/14/21 11:25 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Would this be open/concealed or both?

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960475 04/14/21 11:26 PM
M
MBradford Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by chickenman
I remember when the open carry law was up for debate. I heard a lot of BS in person and on here about gun fights in the street and how Texas will be the Wild Wild West. Neither happened.

I was on your side for that one, had to prove you knew how to handle a pistol, to a certain extent.

my concern is legal carrying people doing something that makes another legal carrying person turn one of them into a felon due to one or both just being ignorant of what they are doing.
anti gunners are frothing at the mouth right now with the pedo taking orders like a sonic car hop.

"Shall not be infringed".

Why do people cherry-pick the wording of the 2nd Amendment?

I'm pretty sure "well regulated" is in there as well.

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: silvers] #13960477 04/14/21 11:26 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by silvers
Not real worried about the concealed carry folks, more worries about the people that open carry, no offense to anyone but ego does play a part in this, look at me I have a gun

I can't remember ever seeing a single person open carrying, do you see this often?

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide