very nice report . thank you

2004 SX190 Skeeter
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13956883 04/12/21 02:07 PM
T
T- Gil Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Some fat girls! That 4th or 5th one that you tried to guide into the water with your foot...I would've kicked my rods into the water! laugh

Last edited by T- Gil; 04/12/21 02:11 PM.

[Linked Image]

TEAM HUMDINGER

1st teach a child to love God, teach him second to love Family, 3rd teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. CC

"Una Stamus"
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13957490 04/12/21 08:23 PM
B
BrazosBully Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Nice fish! I need to figure out how to land em like you are!

Here's to feelin' good all the time.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13958026 04/13/21 02:33 AM
P
prosise Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Well, with the extended forecast of rain for several days I skipped the creek. If it floods It would do you no good for a update. Decided to go to the lake in the boat after shoulder therapy. Launched about 8:45 and had a great time bass fishing. Caught some good fish on a spinnerbait in one spot. 5 of them over three pounds.. Moved and went to the same spot as yesterday, wind blowing and I was not seeing much on the 360. Worked the area for about an hour, then went looking around. Looked at all the rock points upward north and south side of the lake. Not much standing out, the small cove with the HOA marina is chock full of gar at the mouth of the cove. Think they are spawning or something as their are thousands in the mouth of the cove. Went back to the spot I fished yesterday and the wind stopped. When it was dead calm the sandbass started schooing... Still wasn't seeing fish on the 360, and I found out why. The fish are there but stuck to the bottom, and not real concentrated. Scaled down to the smallest spoon I have, and installed an app on my phone called (The metronome by SoundBrenner). I had my bluetooth speaker (Onyx Studio 6) which really has some good thump and set the app to 123 beats per minute. After about 5 minutes I was tearing them up. I think I caught more sandbass today than I ever have in a single fishing trip. With that said, about 60% were little fish.. Didn't catch any 15 or 16 in females like I did yeaterday, but I caught allot of fat females. I am trying to decide how to do the video because it is so much material. But I have some video from my phone of the calm water and some really cool pictures I took. When it was tough I scaled down to my smallest spoon, then worked up as I fished. I tried bigger spoons to try and cull the small fish, and when I stopped catching fish I went back one spoon. Will put a picture of the spoons I went up in size today. Take care all, and will hopefully get some video for you.. Hope the creek doesn't flood. I have no idea on numbers, and I wouldn't want to guess.

(FYI: the point on the west side that is near the cove that I point to in the video, it has a big school of crappie on it (in about 16ft of water).
Forgot to mention. I went around the point and fished the mouth of the small cove and did good at the end of the day. There is a big tree on the end of the point which holds fish.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 04/13/21 03:00 AM.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13958419 04/13/21 02:52 PM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
So here is the rest of the story, I noticed I caught more fish when i was listening to music. When I turned it off it got slower.. This is why I used the metronome app and set the sound to a drum Kick sound. I truthfully think this is why I did better, a toyed with lower volume and it didn't make any difference.

This video is like watching Krylon paint dry, but was fun for me. Think I was wrong on the percentage, probably 80% were under. But I don't care, it was like plinking with the 22 after you shot the big gun. Bass fishing was very good for the short time I ran into them.. Anyhoo, threw a quick video together and want to share a few things. I was asked about the lure and setup. I run a swivel and about 1 foot of 20lb pure fluorocarbon fishing line as a leader. I use 6 pound braided and you cannot pick them up with the 6lb line all day, it cannot take it. I just reach down and grab the mono.. I sharpened hooks 32 times yesterday on the video I shot. Every time I missed two bites I gave the hooks a couple swipes on the diamond rod to touch up the hooks. I keep them stupid sharp, and it really helps the hook up percentage. I snagged many yesterday because the hooks are sharp.. If you are just grabbing the lure and fishing, you are missing an opportunity for more numbers. I use a 8 dollar diamond sharpener from amazon, looks like a small pencil. Caught about 10 fish on a jig but it is slow to fish compared to the small jigging spoon. Just hopping it on the bottom. I found the smaller fish were in the 15-16 foot range, and the better fish were in the 10-14 foot range for me yesterday. I tried deeper but all I caught were gaspergoo.

Sorry for the thumping sound, didn't mess with music on this video..

All I counted was the sanbass, not the goo/crappie. Some of the fish didn't make it in the vid, as I was on the back of the boat.

Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13958535 04/13/21 04:12 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
J
Looks like somebody got a new trolling motor too!

Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13958672 04/13/21 05:52 PM
S
Slick Rick ‘06 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Cool action. Lots of fish and great day to be out. Thanks again for the post!!

You ain’t gonna catch any sittin’ on the couch.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13959425 04/14/21 04:03 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
I am still in shock.. Had three really cool things and one bump in the road. Got to visit with Mr B which was cool, he caught a few "un-named"fish" do not want to tarnish his reputation. Then we all went out into the middle of the lake where the birds were dive bombing and caught some good sandbass. Really suprised they were out there at this time of the year, I really thought the Cormorants pushing the shad up but is was the sandbass working the shad. Third thing which was the best. Took one of my best and trusted friend out today and he kicked my butt, and I mean it was a spanking. He liked throwing the crankbait and he caught donkey after donkey today. I am not joking, we caught prob 100 over 14" fish. We launched at 12:00 and met up with Mr B by chance, the birds were working out in the middle of the lake. We headed out and caught a bunch on crankbaits, and I caught some on a jigging spoon. I caught a couple down in the 33ft range. We then went to the north bank that I have fished the last couple of days. You do not see much on the graph, but if you get on the drop at @ 13-14 ft you will see fish. We ran the thumper and caught many small fish. Decided to look around, and went to the main lake area in front of meadomere but nothing out there. Went to the main point and eased up to 17ft and started casting a crankbait and it was epic. Non-stop donkeys on the crankbait, we were right on the drop and about midway back to the boat the fish would crush it. "Thumper is the real deal". I waved a boat over, met a cool guy named Jason and we all caught fish.. Really a good day.. Never seen so many large fat females ever. Bump in the road, i bumped my bodycam off the windshield into 8 ft of water. Magnet would not find it, went swimming and found it the first dive. Camera is in a bag of rice taken apart as we speak. Used the Gopro to catch the action. No guarantees, but I will be on a windy point tomorrow mid lake with a crankbait. I will make a video, but it will probably be private as it has two of my good friends in it. I will be out tomorrow after lunch, late bite is real good now. Find a windy bank, if you see my brown champion wave like a crazy person and I will give you a thumbs up or down. If I am on them come on up with your trolling motor.. Wind is supposed to be the same tomorrow, so I hope I can experience the same.

After we shut down I went to look for a bait that broke off during a cast. Carp were spawning up in the shallows, I could walk up and touch them in the dark.. Video sucks, but there were hundreds of big carp in the shallow water.

Crankbait we used is a highly customized mustache model I put together. Its a XD with a sharpie mustache and black back.. My buddy Ronnie caught more monsters with this thing than I caught dinks. The cool thing he did, when he got almost to the boat he would pause. This caught so many fish. If we felt a hit, we would pause and they would crush it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13959509 04/14/21 11:28 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
I will be halting the lake reports in this thread as they do not supply info on denton creek. I might start a new thread for Grapevine lake. When we go to the creek will update info here.. Just keeping things organized..

Thanks all

Prosise

Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13959741 04/14/21 02:16 PM
T
T- Gil Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Your thumper is innovating! I'll have to keep that trick in mind. All these years we've been telling kids to be quiet so they don't scare the fish...

[Linked Image]

TEAM HUMDINGER

1st teach a child to love God, teach him second to love Family, 3rd teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. CC

"Una Stamus"
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13960695 04/15/21 02:21 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Me too, i used to treat fishing like deer hunting. Then one day me and Mason were at the beach at the upper end of Grapevine lake and he wanted to swim. I was catching sandbass off the front of the boat and he was doing cannonballs off the back of the boat. Don't know why, but it works. Splasher works as well, but have not ventured into that mod. There is more than one waybto skin a cat.

Last edited by prosise; 04/15/21 02:24 AM.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13960726 04/15/21 02:43 AM
G
ggoytia Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Can you provide more info on the app by chance.
"metronome by SoundBrenner"
This is new to me

Best Cajun Line:
"Laissez les bons temps rouler " (Lazay-Lay Bon-Tom Roulay)
Let the good times roll!!!!
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13960735 04/15/21 02:48 AM
S
Slick Rick ‘06 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
So cool. The lake is full of mystery and wonder. Last night was great. I fished until almost midnight. Love nights like that. Great post. I am learning so much from reading these reports. I am definitely more confident in how to find and fish for those sand bass.

You ain’t gonna catch any sittin’ on the couch.
Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: ggoytia] #13960771 04/15/21 03:20 AM
P
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by ggoytia
Can you provide more info on the app by chance.
"metronome by SoundBrenner"
This is new to me

Go into google play, search for metronome. You will see it.

Re: Denton Creek 2021 [Re: prosise] #13997660 05/14/21 05:39 PM
F
fonzie_r0cks Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
How the creek looking? Me and my son will be out tomorrow hopefully we can get into them

Wild Hog Removal
817-823-8939
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide