Print Thread
May be some major shortages coming? #13954297 04/09/21 10:30 PM
L
Laker One Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
L
A very good friend who is in corporate management with a major grocer is saying that due to the Suez Canal incident and loading dock situation in Las Angles the supply change in paper products, fruits, certain cleaning supplies, electrical and plumbing supplies, building supplies, certain pharmaceutical products and other items will be hard to buy. He also said there is a major back log at the Port of Las Angles with over 700 freighters waiting to dock. He said there is not enough workers to unload ships, work the machinery to unload the ships and no parts to fix machines that have broken down. There are several news stories about this being reported on the web. Friend said it is going to take months to get the supply change back to normal. taz

Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: Laker One] #13954299 04/09/21 10:36 PM
wiredog Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Laker One
A very good friend who is in corporate management with a major grocer is saying that due to the Suez Canal incident and loading dock situation in Las Angles the supply change in paper products, fruits, certain cleaning supplies, electrical and plumbing supplies, building supplies, certain pharmaceutical products and other items will be hard to buy. He also said there is a major back log at the Port of Las Angles with over 700 freighters waiting to dock. He said there is not enough workers to unload ships, work the machinery to unload the ships and no parts to fix machines that have broken down. There are several news stories about this being reported on the web. Friend said it is going to take months to get the supply change back to normal. taz

Pick up all of the illegal aliens out of their posh hotel rooms and ship them up to unload the ships.

Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: Laker One] #13954302 04/09/21 10:41 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Delays yes but no where near 700 container ships waiting to dock. Maybe a few dozen at most...

Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: Laker One] #13954303 04/09/21 10:41 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Keep any eye on gas prices. whip

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: Laker One] #13954309 04/09/21 10:45 PM
M
MBradford Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
M

Where is the Port of Las Angles?

[Linked Image]
Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: Laker One] #13954312 04/09/21 10:48 PM
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Saw a news report saying 30 ships in Las Angles, with back logs in several other ports of entry are having problems. About three to six hundred ships including freighters and tankers have been affected as a result of the Suez Canal and the Port of Entries congestions. Could not find a world wide total. noidea

Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: MBradford] #13954316 04/09/21 10:52 PM
L
Laker One Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by MBradford

Where is the Port of Las Angles?

Sorry about that. Las Angeles ! hammer

Side Note: The Governor can use some help! eeks

Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: Laker One] #13954321 04/09/21 10:57 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I haven't seen any shortages yet. But then again I'm not looking to be worried about something I have no control over. I'm just an old stoner-hippie with an mj card living the good life in okieland...:) I fish in the mornings and nap in the afternoon...:)

Honestly up here I really haven't seen anything that appears to be in short supply.

Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: Techfisher] #13954340 04/09/21 11:14 PM
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by Techfisher
I haven't seen any shortages yet. But then again I'm not looking to be worried about something I have no control over. I'm just an old stoner-hippie with an mj card living the good life in okieland...:) I fish in the mornings and nap in the afternoon...:)

Honestly up here I really haven't seen anything that appears to be in short supply.

I love your lifestyle. thumb

Side Note: I have not seen any shortages either but have heard that some are coming soon. Nothing major. thumb

Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: wiredog] #13954357 04/09/21 11:32 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by wiredog

Pick up all of the illegal aliens out of their posh hotel rooms and ship them up to unload the ships.

The union thugs on here will shortly be along to ............correct your thought process.

Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: Laker One] #13954364 04/09/21 11:37 PM
cocodrie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I heard this with gas. "My wife works with the sister of the city manager and we're out of gas in two days"

There was no gas shortage.

Re: May be some major shortages coming? [Re: Laker One] #13954419 04/10/21 12:23 AM
M
MBradford Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
M
A quick check of the MarineTraffic website shows there to be about 50 ships waiting to dock at LA and Long Beach.

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide