Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: RandyD] #13951669 04/07/21 11:56 PM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by RandyD
Thank you Big O for posting this subject. Your fan club appears to be looking for any opportunity to slam you off the forum....shameful...

I’m not slamming him. Just think it’s nonsense to compare ANY pro fishing tour to the country’s major sports and he even added TIGER WOODS.

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Big O Florida] #13951703 04/08/21 12:18 AM
TTx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
It’s a Fishing Sim World rebrand by Dovetail.

I don’t play video games, but just based on the preview video the graphics are atrocious for 2021. Very low budget project. It’s cool to see them putting effort into engaging new audiences, but with advanced as technology is I have to give the graphic appearance a solid 3/10. Seems like the same person who did the intro graphics for that FSSW fishing show.

Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Big O Florida] #13951731 04/08/21 12:37 AM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I’m thinking video games are a waste of time and is a complete loser revenue stream, but I guess when it’s possible all the vendors are paying bass in product only you have to try to raise capital somehow. The kids they are targeting selling video games to need to be outside at the local pond not playing more video games.

Hell, I’m still wondering why they would just air the 1st half of the most recent tourney on fox, and then never airing the rest. It’s like playing half of a movie and right when it starts to get good, never showing the rest. Poor execution.

They seem to need a bit better overall cohesive plan. But I will give them credit for coinciding Easter with the first day of Elites practice, bet that was planned a lllllooonnnnngggg time ago. Wonder who had it scheduled first. They are visionary.

weber
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: emorydog] #13951873 04/08/21 02:09 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by emorydog
I’m thinking video games are a waste of time and is a complete loser revenue stream, but I guess when it’s possible all the vendors are paying bass in product only you have to try to raise capital somehow. The kids they are targeting selling video games to need to be outside at the local pond not playing more video games.

Hell, I’m still wondering why they would just air the 1st half of the most recent tourney on fox, and then never airing the rest. It’s like playing half of a movie and right when it starts to get good, never showing the rest. Poor execution.

They seem to need a bit better overall cohesive plan. But I will give them credit for coinciding Easter with the first day of Elites practice, bet that was planned a lllllooonnnnngggg time ago. Wonder who had it scheduled first. They are visionary.

I agree with the need for kids to go fishing. But....it is exposure. Some kids might not like to fish. Some parents may not want to take them to the lake. This game can be played on a whim. On windy days. On too cold to fish days. Late at night. The game will likely be just another fishing game. For sure.

As for the Bassmaster tourney missing the last two days of live coverage, remember that it was postponed, due to lake conditions, for two days. Their FS1 allotted time slots probably didn’t include two additional days to cover weather/act of god stuff.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Darin S.] #13951878 04/08/21 02:12 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Darin S.
Originally Posted by RandyD
Thank you Big O for posting this subject. Your fan club appears to be looking for any opportunity to slam you off the forum....shameful...

I’m not slamming him. Just think it’s nonsense to compare ANY pro fishing tour to the country’s major sports and he even added TIGER WOODS.

Adding Tiger Woods to ANYTHING is bad. His last media event(the crash), was due to him traveling twice the legal speed limit....at least he wasn’t inebriated. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13951881 04/08/21 02:13 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I agree with the need for kids to go fishing. But....it is exposure. Some kids might not like to fish. Some parents may not want to take them to the lake. This game can be played on a whim. On windy days. On too cold to fish days. Late at night. The game will likely be just another fishing game. For sure.

As for the Bassmaster tourney missing the last two days of live coverage, remember that it was postponed, due to lake conditions, for two days. Their FS1 allotted time slots probably didn’t include two additional days to cover weather/act of god stuff.

I don't think it was just live. I don't think they ever aired the end of it

Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Big O Florida] #13951885 04/08/21 02:14 AM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Good point Steez! He was gettin it! roflmao

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Dubee] #13951890 04/08/21 02:16 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I don't think it was just live. I don't think they ever aired the end of it

But wouldn’t it have aired on the last “live” day on FS1, omitting the first day of fishing from the live show?

I don’t know. Just asking.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: emorydog] #13951977 04/08/21 02:58 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

In general, video games are a great revenue stream. There are exceptions. I hope this one does well. Hating on or not understanding video games without facts to back it up doesn’t make a good argument.

If this is done properly, and a good game is produced, this could work out nicely for BASS, sponsors and anglers. It’s 100 supplemental income for all involved, and could have an impact on the sport overall. Emphasis on “good game” being produced. That includes marketing, licensing contracts, etc.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Big O Florida] #13952293 04/08/21 02:07 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Pushing your opinion that video games are good for society is not a position you can qualify. Screen time for kids and adults the wasting time playing video games is not something I think is productive as a general rule. I understand the video games, but I also don’t think a potential revenue stream makes it a a justifiable option for more screen time for what I consider a valueless activity.

weber
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: emorydog] #13952305 04/08/21 02:13 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Pushing your opinion that video games are good for society is not a position you can qualify. Screen time for kids and adults the wasting time playing video games is not something I think is productive as a general rule. I understand the video games, but I also don’t think a potential revenue stream makes it a a justifiable option for more screen time for what I consider a valueless activity.

The debate about screen time and kids glued to games instead of real life activity is a valid one. That said, video gaming is a “multi-billion $ per year” industry. Some games, the good ones, will generate over $1 billion in revenue per year by themselves. It’s a no brainer for BASS to have its brand attached to a game. The key will be the quality of design and execution of the game mechanics.

Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Big O Florida] #13952329 04/08/21 02:32 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

The debate about screen time and kids glued to games instead of real life activity is a valid one. That said, video gaming is a “multi-billion $ per year” industry. Some games, the good ones, will generate over $1 billion in revenue per year by themselves. It’s a no brainer for BASS to have its brand attached to a game. The key will be the quality of design and execution of the game mechanics.

Must add, watching TV is no different. If you watch TV but slam video games you're just a hypocrite. Best to limit those things for kids, but still allow them to have their fun

John Miller
Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Big O Florida] #13952330 04/08/21 02:32 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Imagine being so triggered by one individual, you complain about his posts, while commenting on every single one of his posts.....

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Big O Florida] #13952338 04/08/21 02:39 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
popcorn

Re: Bassmasters Fishing 2022 [Re: Big O Florida] #13952393 04/08/21 03:18 PM
Bassmaster150 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Honestly.....the gaming market is huge...there is no doubt about that.....but I do not see this one appealing to the gamer or to the market well. A niche product it is...mass scale...I do not see that happening. But I could be wrong.

Character is who you are when nobody else is around.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide