Charlie Brewers SLIDER #13951051 04/07/21 04:39 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Anyone use these regularly?
I recieved a book on slider fishing from a friend a while back, and from what im reading, the Slider was quite the rave back in the day. I got some recently and look forward to trying them out. The technique Charlie seems to emphasize on is that it is a "do nothing lure"
Meaning you work it thru the water column with as little action as possible. his reasoning for this is that minnows swimming thru the water column, tend to swim in straight lines with very little tail movement. They just kind of glide thru the water and dont dart around much unless being attacked, which makes sense because instinctively, they really dont want to stand out from the school, and draw attention to themselves..
Another great old lure is the Beetle spin, in my youth I caught many crappie and bass on these. The H&H spinner bait was also a great lure.
With many spinner baits, I change out the spinner with a french style blade. nothing indulates thru the water quite like it. Mepps has used the for many years on the mepps Aglia lures, along with squirrel hair.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Charlie Brewers SLIDER [Re: leanin post] #13951089 04/07/21 05:06 PM
J
jagg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBzsXYK-44H5uEUe3WXjmLg/featured
I use the crappie slider all the time! Its one of my faves. I don't grind it as much as I use to and I still do fish the "do nothing" style on the bass grubs and worms with the slider spider jigs. I'll probably get the crappie slider jigs and grubs out this year, because the new waters I fish really do call for them. I first got the book and learned the "do nothing" style when we were stationed in TN. It helped me catch tons of fish and and really shorted the learning curve of fishing a whole new region and foreign water.

BTW, Love Mepps too!

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
bless His Holy Name!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBzsXYK-44H5uEUe3WXjmLg
Re: Charlie Brewers SLIDER [Re: leanin post] #13951150 04/07/21 05:44 PM
David Welcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I have a bunch of Sliders both jigs and baits. Don't use them much any more.

Re: Charlie Brewers SLIDER [Re: leanin post] #13951296 04/07/21 07:00 PM
doctorxring Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

I've used these for bass. I use the model that an offset bend by the hook eye so you can rig a plastic worm weedless. Like you would a Texas rig.
They work well, like a pegged T-Rig. For me the "Slider" METHOD is more important than the jig itself. And Charlie Brewer mentioned this in his videos.
My standard method for bass, either T-Rig or Slider jig, is the typical "Slider" method Charlie taught. Once the bait hits the bottom I turn the crank slowly one turn and
wait for the line to go limp again and turn it 1 rev again, etc. and crawl the bait over the bottom. Works well for me. I like it as I have the rod low and ready to strike immediately on the bite.
I do not lift the rod to move the bait but use the reel only to move the bait.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: Charlie Brewers SLIDER [Re: leanin post] #13951407 04/07/21 08:05 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Ive read abt a technique called "stitching" for wintertime fish. basically just cast it out, and hand retrieve it, just an inch or so at a time., as slow as you can stand it. then reel up the slack every now and then.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Charlie Brewers SLIDER [Re: jagg] #13951643 04/07/21 11:43 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
I believe that the mepps spinnerbaits in silver, are actually plated in real silver, one of the most reflective metals on the planet.
I know the mepps aglia with the french style blade in silver is outstanding for multi species.
will sure check out the micros.

Re: Charlie Brewers SLIDER [Re: leanin post] #13951671 04/07/21 11:57 PM
M
MikeAllison Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
I use the crappie sliders all the time for crappie and white bass. They are weedless which allows me to throw them in the thickest cover I can find. If you can see the pic I posted you will notice a charlie brewer crappie slider head in the picture.
[Linked Image]

Re: Charlie Brewers SLIDER [Re: leanin post] #13952154 04/08/21 12:31 PM
C
cbell Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I use the crappie slider jig heads. The hooks are very strong. in the spring I rig it weedless. In the summer the crappie tend to like minnows better, so I will put a minnow just on the jig head and run the hook up through the bottom lips without a plastic on it. It works well. I like the orange, pink but have caught fish on the other colors as well

Cbell
Re: Charlie Brewers SLIDER [Re: leanin post] #13952256 04/08/21 01:41 PM
M
mudbelly Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I have fished the sliders for probably 35 years. I use the one inch crappie slider grubs most of the time. I expect from here on into the summer they will be the hot bait around here for bream but crappie and bass hit them also. I like to buy the kits on their web site and recently bought the bass kit.
[Linked Image]

Re: Charlie Brewers SLIDER [Re: leanin post] #13952787 04/08/21 08:27 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Yes!! they will be wanting a small profile bait very soon. It time to downsize.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide