texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,755
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Found Another Gadget by Accident #13950085 04/06/21 11:52 PM
H
HOGON Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
H
https://www.guardianangeldevices.com/compare-devices/

My wife is a First Responder (Paramedic) and she was run over by a car in 2005 along with her partner and 3 Firefighters while working an accident on the interstate. The car was doing 70 mph and it is an absolute miracle that no one was killed. My wife was out of work 2 years due to her injuries.

I stumbled onto this product by accident today. She could have used something like this back in 2005 for sure.

It has so many uses and I spent a good part of the day watching videos from First Responders and Civilians and how they use one of these Guardian Angel Devices.

It can be used on the boat or Kayak, while your riding a bike, taking a walk or running, coming out of or going into the woods for hunting, riding an ATV or Side By Side, one guy puts it on his dog when he goes to the beach. The dog repeatedly runs into the water and this allows him to keep track of his dog. It has a Magnetic Mount so let's say your having to change a tire you can mount this on your vehicle to have hands Free use. If your broke down you can put it on the back of your boat or vehicle to alert other drivers. You put this other piece under your shirt and the light magnetically clips on it through your shirt and will sit on your shoulder. You can clip it with a clip mount to a baseball cap. Put it on a hunting vest or back pack. The list is endless.

Even a Lifejacket. I'm gonna test one out on my Lifejacket anytime I'm running in the boat Day or Night.

How's this for a scenario:

What if you were running and hit a stump and got thrown into the water and knocked unconscious? This happens while you were on your way back to the boat ramp at dusk. Now your in the water it's dark and eventually someone finds your boat, but no idea where you are. This little gadget could possibly save your life.

Remember the very unfortunate accident at Tawokini not too long ago where they found the police officer that had went duck hunting. They are guessing his boat came off the dock and he jumped in to grab his boat and went under. As tragic and unfortunate as that was this device might have come in handy.

There were several people looking for him and his boat for hours by boat and helicopter. Think how handy this could have been had one of these been on the individual or the boat.

Literally, just back in first week of March a fellow angler capsized in his Kayak at Tawokini. It was around 2:30pm in broad daylight. A guy on a motorcycle that just happened to be going over Two Mile bridge glanced out and saw this angler in the water. He did not have a cell phone and there was no one on the East Ramp so he hauled it over to the ramp on the West Side hollering for someone to call 911 and some boaters took off to find the individual. They got him over to the East Ramp where he was met by Police and an ambulance. They got his Kayak, but he lost his gear. The water temperature at 3pm was 47 degrees and I think it was with a little luck and some major help from the man upstairs that this was not another tragedy. This device could have been invaluable in my humble opinion.

I believe this gadget has a multitude of endless uses.

On the water I'm thinking this will be just as important as a Cell Phone, Whistle, Fire Extinguisher, and Life Jacket when the unthinkable happens.

I honestly can't believe I have not heard about it sooner.

Better late than never.

I ordered a Green/White Micro unit to try for myself. I can use it at my work.

I ordered both a Red/White Micro and Elite unit for my wife to let her try them both at her work.

I ordered a Red/Green Micro and a White/White Micro to try out on the Boat for additional lighting.

There are several different color combinations to choose from depending on your needs.

I figure the Orange one would be great for hunters.

I figured that others might be interested in this gadget like I was.

I am passing along the information to anyone that might be interested.

Tight Lines and Stay Safe!

ACC CRAPPIE STIX
BONEHEAD TACKLE
LEWS REELS
PEPOPS JIGS
FEARLESS JIGS
BUBBAS BAITS
MAD CRAPPIE JIGS
DANS JIGS
CRAZY ANGLER TACKLE
THERMOCLINE LURES
CONSTANT PURSUIT OUTFITTERS
MR CRAPPIE
POWER PRO SUPER SLICK BRAID
BERKLEY VANISH GOLD/TRANSITION
LIFT SAVER TROLLING MOTOR MOUNT
SHUT UP AND FISH
SLAB SYNDICATE JIGS
THUMPER ELITE OUTFITTERS
Re: Found Another Gadget by Accident [Re: HOGON] #13950114 04/07/21 12:10 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
The standard emergency beacon color is WHITE - at least for marine environments. It will get the most attention from responders who are searching for a lost person. ACR/ARTEX has manufactured such devices for decades. They even have a "close rescue" mode you can switch to when responders are close by. This mode helps reduce blinding the responders in nighttime conditions. They're USCG certified and meet military specifications for the housing. (I've seen a vehicle driven over one as a demonstration of their ruggedness.)

The ones I have are powered by 2 AA alkaline batteries and cost about $60 I think. That's a bit better solution for me vs. charging a battery and not knowing for sure if it will be ready if needed. With the AAs, I just replace with new a couple times a year, and use the ones removed in my mouse device till they die. ARTEX also offers models that activate automatically if immersed in water. BTW, if you're going to have them on a boat, I would not trust the magnet mount (yes, I understand it's powerful). Hard strapped to a PFD is the best place to keep one, or zipped in a pocket where there's a D-ring for a lanyard just in case the zipper rips.

Re: Found Another Gadget by Accident [Re: HOGON] #13950212 04/07/21 01:27 AM
H
HOGON Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
H
I agree with you on the do not depend solely on the magnetic mount depending on the activity you will be doing.

There are also screws where you can screw it into a mount of your choosing.

You could then easily Zip Tie the mount to a Life Jacket D-Ring, Lanyard, or strap for boat scenarios/examples.

This one you can take in the water with you.

I’m not too worried about the battery. Plenty of folks reviewed and had nothing but positive things to say on the battery life.

If I know I’m going to be using it then I would make sure it had a full charge before using.

I got the Green/White and if you want there is a White/White one to choose from as well.

I simply like this product because it can be used in so many ways and for so many things...not just simply for one particular thing like fishing.

I do appreciate learning about other products like the one you mentioned Flippin-Out and any product that will help with safety and preventing any sort of tragedy.

I am in full support of any such product.

We as humans tend to get complacent myself included and then the unthinkable happens at the worst possible moment usually. It sometimes has a tragic ending as any First Responder can attest too.

There are also plenty of examples with a positive outcome and that can be attributed to good planning like wearing a Life Jacket, having a whistle, or Fire Extinguisher when things start going sideways just as a few examples. Even a cell phone has helped save lives.

Hopefully finding products like this one and the one you speak of and simply talking about the “what if scenarios” might cause some others to reassess their current safety level in their boat, vehicle, on their person, etc. and possibly make some adjustments to wherever they may be lacking with regards to safety.

Thanks for engaging.

Hopefully some preplanning might help folks when it’s needed most...when the unthinkable happens. (Murphy’s Law)

How’s this for preplanning...Dad and I out fishing Timber last week when he hit a stump and broke the trolling motor prop while operating the trolling motor.

That would usually mean the end of the day.

Dad had a spare trolling motor prop in the boat. Wow!

When I went to change the prop I lost control and the Pin fell into the lake. Doh!!

No problem Dad says to me we have extra pins.

The crisis was averted.

We have since restocked with more pins and two more trolling motor props. roflmao

Dad thought of all of that not me. I’m still a Jedi in training.

Hope this helps.

ACC CRAPPIE STIX
BONEHEAD TACKLE
LEWS REELS
PEPOPS JIGS
FEARLESS JIGS
BUBBAS BAITS
MAD CRAPPIE JIGS
DANS JIGS
CRAZY ANGLER TACKLE
THERMOCLINE LURES
MR CRAPPIE
SHUT UP AND FISH
SLAB SYNDICATE JIGS
THUMPER ELITE OUTFITTERS
Re: Found Another Gadget by Accident [Re: HOGON] #13950227 04/07/21 01:32 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
wopics

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: Found Another Gadget by Accident [Re: HOGON] #13950245 04/07/21 01:38 AM
H
HOGON Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
H
Check out this horrible tragedy: Absolutely crazy.

https://fox4news.com/news/off-duty-celina-officer-and-his-6-year-old-daughter-killed-in-crash

In this case if you had a Guardian Angel Device in your car you could have hit the Guardian Angel Mode and rolled your window down and placed it on your roof. Get the vehicles attention coming up behind you. I have no idea if it might have prevented this horrible tragedy, but this is just another example of how I’m thinking of using the one that I have coming.

Very horrible what happened.

Last edited by HOGON; 04/07/21 01:46 AM.

ACC CRAPPIE STIX
BONEHEAD TACKLE
LEWS REELS
PEPOPS JIGS
FEARLESS JIGS
BUBBAS BAITS
MAD CRAPPIE JIGS
DANS JIGS
CRAZY ANGLER TACKLE
THERMOCLINE LURES
MR CRAPPIE
SHUT UP AND FISH
SLAB SYNDICATE JIGS
THUMPER ELITE OUTFITTERS
Re: Found Another Gadget by Accident [Re: HOGON] #13950249 04/07/21 01:39 AM
H
HOGON Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
H
Jig master what do you want pics of?

ACC CRAPPIE STIX
BONEHEAD TACKLE
LEWS REELS
PEPOPS JIGS
FEARLESS JIGS
BUBBAS BAITS
MAD CRAPPIE JIGS
DANS JIGS
CRAZY ANGLER TACKLE
THERMOCLINE LURES
MR CRAPPIE
SHUT UP AND FISH
SLAB SYNDICATE JIGS
THUMPER ELITE OUTFITTERS
Re: Found Another Gadget by Accident [Re: HOGON] #13950342 04/07/21 02:44 AM
H
HOGON Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
H

Last edited by HOGON; 04/07/21 02:58 AM.

ACC CRAPPIE STIX
BONEHEAD TACKLE
LEWS REELS
PEPOPS JIGS
FEARLESS JIGS
BUBBAS BAITS
MAD CRAPPIE JIGS
DANS JIGS
CRAZY ANGLER TACKLE
THERMOCLINE LURES
MR CRAPPIE
SHUT UP AND FISH
SLAB SYNDICATE JIGS
THUMPER ELITE OUTFITTERS
Re: Found Another Gadget by Accident [Re: HOGON] #13951028 04/07/21 04:24 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
so sorry to hear abt your wifes accident. I talk to wrecker drivers and they tell me thier rigs get crashed pretty regularly. They even use fire trucks as blocking vehicle and people hit the fire trucks..
People are so distracted with the damned cell phones, they cant look at the road anymore. Hopefully the laws will change soon, and start charging people with intentional vehicular homicide, because they are making the choice to play with thier phones while driving,.,
cell phones are the new DWI.
Also, many people arent aware that modern vehicles have the equivalent of airplane black boxes.. whatever the vehicle was doing when the airbags goes off, gets recorded on a computer. law enforcement can obtain a search warrant and take your vehicle , access that information.. If you are speeding, didnt brake, ect, the information can be obtained. They can also get phone records and see if u were texting at the time the accident happened..
Many people think they are great multi taskers.. the fact is, multi tasking is not a human ability.. what we do is Rapid task switching. yes we can walk and chew bubblegum, because it is an almost subconscious learned ability, but driving, and texting is a whole different ball game.
I never touch my cell phone while driving, and still use an old school dash mounted GPS. Be smart, be safe, dont put someone in a wheelchair, or in the grave because you just had to open the text up on your phone to see your buddies 2 lb crappie.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Found Another Gadget by Accident [Re: HOGON] #13951640 04/07/21 11:42 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Very informative post. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide