Re: Country livin' [Re: reeltexan] #13948273 04/05/21 06:53 PM
B
Bad93ex Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by reeltexan
Originally Posted by Bad93ex
Once the kids are out of school, we are looking to move back out into the country. Biggest issue is access to broadband internet but Skylink should be solving that issue soon.

that's the biggest issue?

Quite a few rural locations have terrible broadband internet access which I need for my job.

Re: Country livin' [Re: Bad93ex] #13948346 04/05/21 08:14 PM
B
bigrebar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by reeltexan
Once the kids are out of school, we are looking to move back out into the country. Biggest issue is access to broadband internet but Skylink should be solving that issue soon.

that's the biggest issue?

Quite a few rural locations have terrible broadband internet access which I need for my job.

This is very true. We are 6 miles or more out of Wimberley in the Hill country. The only internet available is Satellite or Cellular. Wife works from home and the cellular internet works, but it is slow. Stream a movie on Amazon, you're gonna get some buffering. Luckily, we don't watch much TV, or very little at all.

Re: Country livin' [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13948351 04/05/21 08:17 PM
B
BrandoA Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Here is a look back at our house and shop from our seasonal pond. The pond is anywhere from 8 to 16 feet deep (water level in the photo down about 2 feet from normal full) and only about a third of it is shown in this pic. The tree on the left is on an island in the pond and there is a bridge out to the island. I put in a cross fence so that the wildlife could enjoy the pond area, but not come up to the house/garden.

[Linked Image]

Where is that? Love the mountains/hills in the background

Re: Country livin' [Re: Dave-0] #13948416 04/05/21 09:28 PM
reeltexan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

What about hotspot?

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Country livin' [Re: Dave-0] #13948539 04/05/21 11:35 PM
D
Dave-0 Offline OP
DYSON
OP Offline
DYSON
D
Bad93, look up cellular broad band. We could not get any internet out here period and mom looked up internet for Rv'ers. We had that service for a while but the bill was like $150/month with no limits. Finally found a company called NextLink who got us broadband for $89/month. Not to mention, ol' Elon has his internet thing starting up in the Texas market now. Right after I signed up for NextLink, I got that email.

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: Country livin' [Re: BrandoA] #13948614 04/06/21 12:43 AM
E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by BrandoA
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Here is a look back at our house and shop from our seasonal pond. The pond is anywhere from 8 to 16 feet deep (water level in the photo down about 2 feet from normal full) and only about a third of it is shown in this pic. The tree on the left is on an island in the pond and there is a bridge out to the island. I put in a cross fence so that the wildlife could enjoy the pond area, but not come up to the house/garden.

[Linked Image]

Where is that? Love the mountains/hills in the background

Not saying where, don't want any of you visiting. LOL! We got lucky finding this place. Realtor didn't want to show us the place thinking that we couldn't afford it since I wasn't working and we didn't tell her the top of our spending limit for a house We live on the valley floor. There are high hills/low mountains to 3 sides of us. The low mountain to the right in the pic is home to at least one black bear, there is a mountain lion or 2 in the hills to the left in the pic. Lots of Whitetail and Blacktail deer visit the pond area. Property was basically blank landscaped when we bought it. Over 2 acres of mowing initially. Taken the past 6 to 7 years of planting about 100 or so trees and bushes to make it what we wanted. Only part of the property that had trees was around the pond and I have left that kind of wild for the critters. Blessing was that a company here has been expanding fiber internet the past few years. They got out to our area a couple years ago. I had to dig a 400 yard trench down a utility right of way on another person's property to the closest pole to get it to the house, but was worth it. Neighbor even helped dig and fill in the trench. Country life is the best.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Country livin' [Re: Dave-0] #13948621 04/06/21 12:45 AM
E
Emit R Detsaw Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Dave-0
Bad93, look up cellular broad band. We could not get any internet out here period and mom looked up internet for Rv'ers. We had that service for a while but the bill was like $150/month with no limits. Finally found a company called NextLink who got us broadband for $89/month. Not to mention, ol' Elon has his internet thing starting up in the Texas market now. Right after I signed up for NextLink, I got that email.

Place I'm at had wireless (radio tower) internet. It was pretty good. A different company was running fiber all over the county, finally got close enough I could run pvc out to have it pulled to my property.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide