Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937846 03/26/21 10:22 PM
bklem Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Put me in the camp of just like watching live bass fishing. That being said, I do tend to like the immediate feedback and strategy the MLF creates. I think having both options is a great thing for bass fishing. Oh and I am as tired as everyone else having to wade through the [censored] spewed by one individual on here. Gets old.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937847 03/26/21 10:24 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
I thought the last few minutes was a lot more exciting and interesting to see guys pitching a bait into places you just knew they going to get bit on every cast.......contrast that to guys walking across the stage and dumping a bag of fish on the scales.....
believe MLF has come up with a "better mousetrap" tournament format and certainly the economics of the fishermen sharing the TV,advertising and venue income is a much better scenario for those guys trying to make a living at fishing...add in the increased TV exposure for both the sponsors and the fishermen and it is just a better concept....

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937901 03/26/21 11:12 PM
1442 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Dubee, you said
"Hey Warren, if I send you a baseball to replace the one Boyd stole. Will you quit posting all this made up nonsense and go play in your room"
Is that made up nonsense you just came up with or is Boyd really a thief who actually stole a baseball from BigO?

Then you say
"I have no problem with someone criticizing. I have no stake in it. I just don't like boobs who constantly post made up bs. I would feel the same way if they were doing that about any company"
Can you not see the hypocrisy in your responses to BigO?
It's pretty obvious to anyone who can read plain english that you are a "BOOB" who constantly posts made up bs.

I could sit and read BigO posts all day and enjoy every minute of it. He is sincere and very well spoken and I am glad he is here to be honest.

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: beartrap] #13937902 03/26/21 11:20 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by beartrap
I thought the last few minutes was a lot more exciting and interesting to see guys pitching a bait into places you just knew they going to get bit on every cast.......contrast that to guys walking across the stage and dumping a bag of fish on the scales.....
believe MLF has come up with a "better mousetrap" tournament format and certainly the economics of the fishermen sharing the TV,advertising and venue income is a much better scenario for those guys trying to make a living at fishing...add in the increased TV exposure for both the sponsors and the fishermen and it is just a better concept....

Can you clarify? Are you saying the MLF anglers fishing the “BPT” are paying entry fees to fish that circuit, but yet they still receive a regular income via a revenue sharing scheme where the incoming revenue derived from TV advertisements and venues comes back to the anglers in form of a tangible financial dividend?

Don’t conflate that tournament circuit that is recognized and recorded on the anglers achievement statistics with the other MLF entertainment product, “the cups” that are not recognized as being worthy of being recorded on an anglers achievement statistics. One is a fishing tournament, the other is a TV show depicting what happens at a fishing tournament. In that one, I would expect the guys who participate get paid a prevailing wage for actors in that genre of entertainment, at minimum, and then a revenue sharing scheme that covers royalties/licensing/advertisements

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937927 03/26/21 11:45 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
I don't bass fish at all myself but I love watching the MLF format. I am all about action and numbers when I fish so I guess this is why I enjoy it

I think that part of the point, I have watched pro tournaments since around 2007 and fish a little local stuff so I like watching both formats, it seems your die hard tournament anglers seem to prefer 5 fish almost always because thats what they do but that's a very small TV audience. You put your average sports viewer in front of a 5 fish derby and the MLF format they are going to prefer MLF.

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: mlatham] #13937928 03/26/21 11:46 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by mlatham
Enjoyed watching all week. The guy on top of Lucas today is a turd. What the hell....

You should have seen the 5 on top of Ehler yesterday

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: 1442] #13937935 03/26/21 11:53 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by 1442
Dubee, you said
"Hey Warren, if I send you a baseball to replace the one Boyd stole. Will you quit posting all this made up nonsense and go play in your room"
Is that made up nonsense you just came up with or is Boyd really a thief who actually stole a baseball from BigO?

Then you say
"I have no problem with someone criticizing. I have no stake in it. I just don't like boobs who constantly post made up bs. I would feel the same way if they were doing that about any company"
It's pretty obvious to anyone who can read plain english that you are a "BOOB" who constantly posts made up bs.

I could sit and read BigO posts all day and enjoy every minute of it. He is sincere and very well spoken and I am glad he is here to be honest.

There is absolutely nothing sincere about any of his post. There is no truth to any of his post. All he does is make up bs. And I am an absolute boob. I never said I wasn't

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Dubee] #13937946 03/27/21 12:05 AM
Minner Bucket Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Dubee
Dubee, you said

Then you say

There is absolutely nothing sincere about any of his post. There is no truth to any of his post. All he does is make up bs. And I am an absolute boob. I never said I wasn't

You are worse than him! Give it a rest, you sound silly!

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Minner Bucket] #13937949 03/27/21 12:08 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Dubee, you said

Then you say

You are worse than him! Give it a rest, you sound silly!

Lmao ok

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Dubee] #13937983 03/27/21 12:50 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Dubee, you said

Then you say

About 50% of what he says is true. While it is finally starting to wear on me a little he's entitled to his opinion too. Don't be a facebook fact checker and just ignore him if you disagree.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: bklem] #13938015 03/27/21 01:25 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bklem
Something big is on fire in the background of some of the shots! What the heck?

Controlled burning of underbrush on National Forest Land. cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: SC-001] #13938023 03/27/21 01:29 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by mlatham
Enjoyed watching all week. The guy on top of Lucas today is a turd. What the hell....

You should have seen the 5 on top of Ehler yesterday

Adrian Avena posted a video on his Instagram story yesterday of an old timer in a john boat basically rubbing his rail as he passed by him hammer

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Mark Jones] #13938056 03/27/21 01:43 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Ott is one of the best. He's proven that in every format he has ever fished, but it is ironic and eye opening that mighty Sam was won on a string of 2lbers. It really does highlight the major major differences in the two formats. In a 5 fish format Clausen beats Ott by around 5lbs today. Sphorer would have also beat Ott. I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong, but they are very different. Lots of traditional 5 fish guys will never like this format because of this exact scenario. So just to clarify Mark and Dubee, I'm not criticizing. I enjoyed watching. Just pointing out some facts as I see them.

I have ZERO issue with anyone’s honest feedback on watching MLF or BASS. That ending was flat crazy but that’s exactly what it’s built for, drama. In a BASS event you wouldn’t see any of that and you’d still be sitting there watching the weigh in roll...

Some people love it, others don’t but that drama is way more fun to me as a viewer. Can’t wait for Heavy Hitters!

Well, “30,000 people with $1,000,000” in their pockets ready to spend would definitely be there to see it.

The world is digital. It just is, Big O. Nobody gives a flying fart about weigh ins. You tubes, instagrams, TV time is where the money is at. It’s been the future for a decade and Bass tournament fishing is finally catching up. Every other legitimate sports league in the world realizes TV and social media are the way of the future. Hell, it’s been more profitable for a decade.

Nobody in a position of decision making gives two sneezes about 300 people at a weigh in if you can put it in front of 300,000 people on TV.

Sponsors will make way more money via social media than showing tournaments on TV. Give it a rest.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13938122 03/27/21 02:32 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Ott is one of the best. He's proven that in every format he has ever fished, but it is ironic and eye opening that mighty Sam was won on a string of 2lbers. It really does highlight the major major differences in the two formats. In a 5 fish format Clausen beats Ott by around 5lbs today. Sphorer would have also beat Ott. I'm not saying one is right and one is wrong, but they are very different. Lots of traditional 5 fish guys will never like this format because of this exact scenario. So just to clarify Mark and Dubee, I'm not criticizing. I enjoyed watching. Just pointing out some facts as I see them.

I have ZERO issue with anyone’s honest feedback on watching MLF or BASS. That ending was flat crazy but that’s exactly what it’s built for, drama. In a BASS event you wouldn’t see any of that and you’d still be sitting there watching the weigh in roll...

Some people love it, others don’t but that drama is way more fun to me as a viewer. Can’t wait for Heavy Hitters!

Well, “30,000 people with $1,000,000” in their pockets ready to spend would definitely be there to see it.

The world is digital. It just is, Big O. Nobody gives a flying fart about weigh ins. You tubes, instagrams, TV time is where the money is at. It’s been the future for a decade and Bass tournament fishing is finally catching up. Every other legitimate sports league in the world realizes TV and social media are the way of the future. Hell, it’s been more profitable for a decade.

Nobody in a position of decision making gives two sneezes about 300 people at a weigh in if you can put it in front of 300,000 people on TV.

Sponsors will make way more money via social media than showing tournaments on TV. Give it a rest.

With all due respect, Duck, I am not even going to get into trying to rebut that nonsensical post. However, since you seem convinced of what you write, then surely you can list many examples of other “legitimate sports” that have forgone live spectator audiences for TV and social media exclusively. Let’s start with you naming 5, if you can’t name 5, then name 4, and if you can’t 4, then 3, and so on.... also notice I emphasized live... because I don’t know any apart from MLF that thinks there is more marketing value in a prerecorded broadcast 4-5 months after the event took place.

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13938127 03/27/21 02:35 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

If that’s your opinion then tell me why certain sponsors have jumped ship. Also why did G-Man publicly state his were relieved that he was heading back to BASS? Just curious.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide