Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,961,992
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: COFF] #13936358 03/25/21 07:31 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by COFF
If your main justification of owning guns is to defend yourself, then you need to define from what one must be able to defend oneself. Defending from a mugger on the street would need one tool, defending from an angry mob another.

The 2nd Amendment allows that a people should defend themselves from a corrupt government. In that case, we must be able to defend ourselves from the United States military. I'm not so sure hellfire missiles and nuclear bombs are out of the question in this discussion.

automatic weapons should be part of that discussion.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13936369 03/25/21 07:36 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
If your main justification of owning guns is to defend yourself, then you need to define from what one must be able to defend oneself. Defending from a mugger on the street would need one tool, defending from an angry mob another.

The 2nd Amendment allows that a people should defend themselves from a corrupt government. In that case, we must be able to defend ourselves from the United States military. I'm not so sure hellfire missiles and nuclear bombs are out of the question in this discussion.

about 30 mins. of youtube and you too can be full auto. just sayin.

full auto is not a good way to shoot unless you have a hoard coming at you and then spray n pray may be the best option.

Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: hopalong] #13936372 03/25/21 07:38 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by hopalong

about 30 mins. of youtube and you too can be full auto. just sayin.

full auto is not a good way to shoot unless you have a hoard coming at you and then spray n pray may be the best option.

yeah, I know folks that have done the conversion. i prefer 3 round burst but full auto is a ton of fun.

Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13936411 03/25/21 07:57 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
McVeigh didn't pull a trigger.

Right, and after that they made laws to regulate the sale and distribution of ammonia nitrate. It used to be easier to buy than beer.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Jpurdue] #13936416 03/25/21 07:59 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Right, and after that they made laws to regulate the sale and distribution of ammonia nitrate. It used to be easier to buy than beer.

fertilizer isn't a constitutional right.

Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13936421 03/25/21 08:02 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N

fertilizer isn't a constitutional right.

Bullchit🤣

Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Jim Ford] #13936446 03/25/21 08:12 PM
C
Coach Hark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by Jim Ford
How about this:
Let’s start enforcing the laws already on the books.
Let’s quit electing judges who release violent criminals on absurdly low bonds (take note of your home county, Jpurdue).
Let’s quit electing prosecutors who keep finding ways to mitigate the seriousness of violent acts.
Let’s quit electing legislators who endorse violence in the name of politically correct causes.
Let’s quit putting career criminals on pedestals (like Saint George Floyd).
There’s more, but that’d be a great start.
And remember: a federal judge ordered law enforcement to return George Hennard’s confiscated firearms to him, in spite of his mental illness, after which he went on to kill a bunch of Texans in Waco, at a Luby’s cafeteria. On a normal day, several cops would have been in there for lunch, but a large training event interfered. With nobody in the restaurant armed, Hennard was able to calmly walk from table to table killing folks. Yet, it was illegal for him to purchase a firearm. That’s how well barring certain groups from purchasing weapons works.

That happened in Killeen. Just correcting you be cause I was living in Killeen at the time.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Jpurdue] #13936458 03/25/21 08:15 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
More people die in boating accidents all caused by incompetent people with check books....let background check those 80 mph bass boats instead....require training and licensure, restrict really fast boats by a specific really expensive tax permit....yeah, let's

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Jpurdue] #13936463 03/25/21 08:17 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
More people are beaten to death with hands and feet than all rifles combined.....more are stabbed to death.....more are killed with blunt objects....it's just a stupid, illogical thing to even consider as helping....special kind of stupid

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Jpurdue] #13936520 03/25/21 08:43 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
It's called trigger control Bigbob...:) I could shot 3 round bursts all day long with an M16A2 set to Auto...:) I dropped in the 3round cam setup one time to see if I liked it...didn't care for how it worked. If I recall it would "continue" where you let go of the trigger e.g. if you let off after 2 rounds the next time you pulled the trigger it would shoot one. It would then reset to the 3 round burst on the next trigger pull. Besides if the apocalypse hits there will be plenty of full auto battlefield pickup weapons and them evil high capacity magazines to be had. I'm going for an H&k MP5 or a carbine '16M4 and a Sig M17/320 9MM...:)

Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Coach Hark] #13936528 03/25/21 08:46 PM
J
Jim Ford Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Coach Hark
Originally Posted by Jim Ford
How about this:
Let’s start enforcing the laws already on the books.
Let’s quit electing judges who release violent criminals on absurdly low bonds (take note of your home county, Jpurdue).
Let’s quit electing prosecutors who keep finding ways to mitigate the seriousness of violent acts.
Let’s quit electing legislators who endorse violence in the name of politically correct causes.
Let’s quit putting career criminals on pedestals (like Saint George Floyd).
There’s more, but that’d be a great start.
And remember: a federal judge ordered law enforcement to return George Hennard’s confiscated firearms to him, in spite of his mental illness, after which he went on to kill a bunch of Texans in Waco, at a Luby’s cafeteria. On a normal day, several cops would have been in there for lunch, but a large training event interfered. With nobody in the restaurant armed, Hennard was able to calmly walk from table to table killing folks. Yet, it was illegal for him to purchase a firearm. That’s how well barring certain groups from purchasing weapons works.

That happened in Killeen. Just correcting you be cause I was living in Killeen at the time.

Gotcha. I posted a correction under the original post. I realized as soon as I posted that I had said Waco. I was recalling a conversation I had with a Ranger I knew who was part of the investigation, about that event (he was the one who related the story of Hennard’s arrest and the court order to return his guns). We had also been discussing an investigation in Waco, and I merged them in my mind. Sorry.

Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Jpurdue] #13936545 03/25/21 08:54 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Hunter Biden Reportedly Violated Federal Law by Lying on Background Check

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hunter-biden-reportedly-violated-federal-152649044.html

Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Jpurdue] #13936604 03/25/21 09:49 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
bottom line is none of these points would have prevented these tragedies much less drop gun deaths anywhere close to 50%.

Bob, what drops the rate by 50% is to stop counting suicides and "gun violence." ~40K "gun deaths" per year, but 20K of them are suicides which we should not be counting. That's where the 50% reduction comes from. I thought that was clear in my original post. The bullet points were just extras that could drive some additional improvement on the other "real" 20K gun violence deaths.

The fact that suicides by self-inflicted gunshot are included in gun deaths or gun violence tallies has bothered me for years. They definitely should not be included.

[Linked Image]
Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Jpurdue] #13936609 03/25/21 09:51 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Okay. How about this. Here's my final offer.

You have to have filed a tax return in the last year (or be of retirement age) and you can't be currently living in someone's basement. That eliminates all the gang bangers and Norman Bates of the world. Reference required if you balding under the age of 25 or have a pedo mustache.

No. The gangbangers, by definition, already can’t own firearms. Firearms can’t be used in the commission of a crime. Just, no.

[Linked Image]
Re: How to cut gun deaths by 50% overnight [Re: Jpurdue] #13936640 03/25/21 10:23 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
FBI Report on Crime Shows Decline in Violent Crime Rate for Third Consecutive Year
Today, the Federal Bureau of Investigation released its 2019 edition of Crime in the United States, which showed that violent crime decreased nationwide for the third consecutive year. After decreases in both 2017 and 2018, the violent crime rate dropped an additional one percent this past year and the property crime rate decreased 4.5 percent.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/fbi-...iolent-crime-rate-third-consecutive-year

gee, who was president and who left gun owners alone, even defended their right to own?

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide