Forums59
Topics1,039,322
Posts13,962,836
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Mudman63] #13935288 03/24/21 11:39 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Mudman63
FOBOF

roflmao

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: grandbassslayer] #13935295 03/24/21 11:45 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by 206champion

I don’t have a favorite pro tour but I don’t see how MLF brings anymore than Bass because they have no crowds to spend any money, no live stage weigh ins .

Most of the money “brought into towns” is NOT from fans. The majority of fans in attendance are locals. Their money is already spent there every day. So it isn’t gonna cause a bump in local revenue.

The REAL economic impact comes from the TOUR ITSELF. anglers, marshals, employees of the tour. They spend $500-1000 each for a week worth of lodging. Restaurants serve more customers, because the above folks need to eat. Tackle shops are hangouts, so they sell a lot more too.

I’d imagine that ANY TOUR would bring VERY similar economic impacts. BASS, MLF, etc.

Thank you for bringing common sense and reality to a big o thread. grin

It seems the local officials have analysis and studies from past events to support the article and it contradicts what some people here view as common sense and reality. Personally, I will trust the conclusions coming from their due diligence before I would come to my own unsubstantiated conclusion, just because I don’t like what their determinations came to.

From the article: when the first event in Orange attracted a then record 30,000 plus fishing fans.

This isn’t the areas first rodeo... they’ve hosted BASS and others in the past and I am sure they have a keen understanding of the positive (and negative) economic impact these events can have on their local communities.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935320 03/24/21 11:58 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

I don’t have a favorite pro tour but I don’t see how MLF brings anymore than Bass because they have no crowds to spend any money, no live stage weigh ins .

Most of the money “brought into towns” is NOT from fans. The majority of fans in attendance are locals. Their money is already spent there every day. So it isn’t gonna cause a bump in local revenue.

The REAL economic impact comes from the TOUR ITSELF. anglers, marshals, employees of the tour. They spend $500-1000 each for a week worth of lodging. Restaurants serve more customers, because the above folks need to eat. Tackle shops are hangouts, so they sell a lot more too.

I’d imagine that ANY TOUR would bring VERY similar economic impacts. BASS, MLF, etc.

It seems the local officials have analysis and studies from past events to support the article and it contradicts what some people here view as common sense and reality. Personally, I will trust the conclusions coming from their due diligence before I would come to my own unsubstantiated conclusion, just because I don’t like what their determinations came to.

From the article: when the first event in Orange attracted a then record 30,000 plus fishing fans.

This isn’t the areas first rodeo... they’ve hosted BASS and others in the past and I am sure they have a keen understanding of the positive (and negative) economic impact these events can have on their local communities.

You ever been to Orange TX, BIG O? That's 6K of the 18k population looking for something to do for a few days.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Walls] #13935329 03/25/21 12:07 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by WALLS

You ever been to Orange TX, BIG O? That's 6K of the 18k population looking for something to do for a few days.

No sir, I sure haven’t. I don’t really see the relevance either. My post is based on what’s written in the article, and by the looks of it, there seems to be a lot of concurring agreement within the community as there are numerous local officials being quoted as it relates to this event.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935336 03/25/21 12:11 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

“Our sincere hope is that the businesses of Orange County see a positive impact from the influx of anglers and visitors and that our local residents are able to enjoy a fun, family-friendly event."[/quote]

Well since you posted it. According to that it doesn't look like a sure thing. They HOPE that businesses see a positive impact. Lmao

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Walls] #13935344 03/25/21 12:16 AM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by WALLS
Originally Posted by beartrap
if the fishing is good,the TV exposure will bring bring a lot of fishermen to the area in the months and years that follow....

You must have never fished the Sabine out of Orange Texas. The majority of the fish weighed on the "BIG STAGE" will be 14"ers.

key words...."if the fishing is good".......look at what happened to Zapata/falcon lake area after BASS held a touny there with record breaking catches.....I fished down there for several years during that time and every motel in town was full for about 4 months each year...I believe james at Falcon tackle told me he sold fishing licenses to people from 37 different states in either a 10 day or one month period....

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935345 03/25/21 12:16 AM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

This isn’t the areas first rodeo... they’ve hosted BASS and others in the past and I am sure they have a keen understanding of the positive (and negative) economic impact these events can have on their local communities.[/quote]

You ever been to Orange TX, BIG O? That's 6K of the 18k population looking for something to do for a few days. [/quote]

No sir, I sure haven’t. I don’t really see the relevance either. My post is based on what’s written in the article, and by the looks of it, there seems to be a lot of concurring agreement within the community as there are numerous local officials being quoted as it relates to this event.
[/quote]

Two of the Chamber Board members justifying the check they wrote and a LEO explaining his duties is " a lot of concurring agreement"?

Last edited by WALLS; 03/25/21 12:29 AM.
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935349 03/25/21 12:18 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

Having been a member of BASS and fishing BASSMASTER events all across the south, my knowledge is very first hand. During our meetings on the last practice day(Wednesday), it is common for city officials to be present and speak to us anglers. They usually want to thank us (ANGLERS, STAFF, BASS EMPLOYEES) for the generous revenue WE brought to their towns during the weeks past, and the current week. The cities words of their owns mouths is where I get the information. BASSMASTER, while of my choices to fish and follow on media, is NOT the only tour that brings the anglers and their money to a local economy. Every tour/trail generates money. Even down to the ice chest/beer drinks crowd on local weeknighter tourneys. They spend money fishing, eating, drinking, fueling trucks/boats.

Sorry Big O. You have some valid points....this one ain’t gonna hold water.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935367 03/25/21 12:25 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
It's like a car wreck, I have him on ignore, but click on the posts just to see what outlandish thing he has said next.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Darin S.] #13935402 03/25/21 12:47 AM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Darin S.
I figured it would be more than a million. If it was MLF/BLF it would probably be more with all the big names fishing that circuit.

Well played!
Hook,line and sinker!

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Txduckhunter] #13935428 03/25/21 01:06 AM
D
Darin S. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Originally Posted by Darin S.
I figured it would be more than a million. If it was MLF/BLF it would probably be more with all the big names fishing that circuit.

Well played!
Hook,line and sinker!

To easy. popcorn2

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13935429 03/25/21 01:06 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

Having been a member of BASS and fishing BASSMASTER events all across the south, my knowledge is very first hand. During our meetings on the last practice day(Wednesday), it is common for city officials to be present and speak to us anglers. They usually want to thank us (ANGLERS, STAFF, BASS EMPLOYEES) for the generous revenue WE brought to their towns during the weeks past, and the current week. The cities words of their owns mouths is where I get the information. BASSMASTER, while of my choices to fish and follow on media, is NOT the only tour that brings the anglers and their money to a local economy. Every tour/trail generates money. Even down to the ice chest/beer drinks crowd on local weeknighter tourneys. They spend money fishing, eating, drinking, fueling trucks/boats.

Sorry Big O. You have some valid points....this one ain’t gonna hold water.

Not sure what you mean. This isn’t about something I have said or am saying... this was about what the local TX officials are saying regarding the upcoming event. I am sure all the BASS people associated with putting on the event are contributors, and I don’t think that’s even discounted or unrecognized in what was written. I just posted because someone took the time to evaluate the economic impact the event brings to that area.... they claimed $1 million. Now, If you want to suggest that total amount can be attributed completely to BASS staff and associated people of the event, well, go ahead, but I will have a hard time accepting that. 30,000 people don’t go through the proverbial turnstiles at the event location and not spend something.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935704 03/25/21 11:12 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
It seems the $1 million written in the previous article may be an underestimation from an economic impact and they are expecting what could be “record crowds”.

From the news report:

The Bassmaster Elite has brought huge crowds in previous years. The B.A.S.S. organization says previous crowds have reached more than 96,000.
Despite COVID restrictions being eased, officials with B.A.S.S. and Orange County are still asking fans practice social distancing and are encouraging frequent hand-washing.
“Our priority is offering an event that is responsibly operated and safe for everyone involved while still being fun and competitive," Akin said.
The large-scale tournament was a economic boost for Orange following the devastation from Harvey in 2017.
Tournament coordinators with the Orange Chamber of Commerce estimate that the tournament has the potential for an economic impact of $3 million for the area.

Last edited by Big O Florida; 03/25/21 11:16 AM.
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935898 03/25/21 01:51 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Should be a pretty big shindig... Good for Orange, Tx., good for BASS... Dan thumb

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13935937 03/25/21 02:14 PM
H
hillcountrybass Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
Newby here does Big O work for Bass? If he doesn't he should ! There is not enough good fishing programs on so I watch both and are both entertaining. Scott Martin will help with the popularity of Bass IMO my 15 yr old son and 16 yr old nephew watch him on Youtube and his show are enjoyable. Bass does have less recognizable pro's than MLF but both formats are so different I don't understand the riff between them. Cant wait for BMC in June on Ray Roberts.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide