Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: MLF [Re: Big O Florida] #13930815 03/21/21 02:17 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
I don’t think half of you even understand what you’re defending most of the time. The “MLF Cups” are Reality TV drama shows.. re-enactments, scripted, choreographed, with directors....

From the history of MLF:
The second phase of the anglers’ vision was focused on the way fans would view the competition. The group was looking for less emphasis on the fish caught, with more emphasis on personalities, the struggles, the strategies, the conflicts and the emotions of the anglers.

These made for TV events are fictionalized, they are not real fishing tournaments, they are TV shows built around what happens at a fishing tournament, including the drama.Read about it here.

Emphasizing drama doesn’t equal “fictionalized.”

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 03/21/21 04:01 PM. Reason: Spelling

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF [Re: Dubee] #13930826 03/21/21 02:24 PM
M
Mudman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
BOF’s relevancy just flush_2

Re: MLF [Re: SAKS] #13931058 03/21/21 06:51 PM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by SAKS
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
I don’t think half of you even understand what you’re defending most of the time. The “MLF Cups” are Reality TV drama shows.. re-enactments, scripted, choreographed, with directors....

From the history of MLF:
The second phase of the anglers’ vision was focused on the way fans would view the competition. The group was looking for less emphasis on the fish caught, with more emphasis on personalities, the struggles, the strategies, the conflicts and the emotions of the anglers.

These made for TV events are fictionalized, they are not real fishing tournaments, they are TV shows built around what happens at a fishing tournament, including the drama.Read about it here.

Lol, you clearly haven't seen a Cup event on TV. Perhaps you should watch one and join us here in 2021...

Hey Mark, if Big O turns out to be right will you tell us how they get the fish to cooperate so that the show can be scripted, choreographed, re-enacted? How many takes does it take to get the scene right?

They use divers that put the fish on the line. smile

Re: MLF [Re: Mark Jones] #13931107 03/21/21 07:57 PM
D
Dubee Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

From the history of MLF:

Lol, you clearly haven't seen a Cup event on TV. Perhaps you should watch one and join us here in 2021...

Actually I bet he has never missed a second of one. He knows they are real tournaments. He is just spouting more dribble

Re: MLF [Re: Dubee] #13931826 03/22/21 01:56 PM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
The only thing that seem strange to me, was Sprague missing that fish right at the end (which would have won it). He didnt seem to melt down, like every one of us would, if it was truly in the last few minutes to win. Not saying it was staged at all (thats idiotic), but I wouldnt be surprised if there were some games played with the timing of the misses to add to the drama.

Re: MLF [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13932274 03/22/21 07:17 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

From the history of MLF:

I turned on the live today for a few minutes and just happened to hear them talking about a tournament a while back where they actually made an agreement not to fish the best area to make the show more of a show. Thought that was interesting

Re: MLF [Re: the skipper] #13932306 03/22/21 07:36 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by the skipper

From the history of MLF:

I turned on the live today for a few minutes and just happened to hear them talking about a tournament a while back where they actually made an agreement not to fish the best area to make the show more of a show. Thought that was interesting

Imagine that! Freudian slip of the tongue.

Re: MLF [Re: Big O Florida] #13932308 03/22/21 07:37 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

From the history of MLF:

Imagine that! Freudian slip of the tongue.

I actually think it's pretty cool. Take the "juice" out of the equation and see who can catch em elsewhere

Re: MLF [Re: Dubee] #13932785 03/23/21 02:41 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
I see where it makes for a better show, maybe. I like to see guys find the best spot on the lake, that's kind of the point of a tournament. Which pretty much shows what Big O is saying is right. Boys has always held his position on it not being anything other than a TV show. That's just their model. I wouldnt have thought they would manipulate results, well I wouldnt have thought the anglers would have let them do that.

Re: MLF [Re: the skipper] #13932972 03/23/21 11:57 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
I see where it makes for a better show, maybe. I like to see guys find the best spot on the lake, that's kind of the point of a tournament. Which pretty much shows what Big O is saying is right. Boys has always held his position on it not being anything other than a TV show. That's just their model. I wouldnt have thought they would manipulate results, well I wouldnt have thought the anglers would have let them do that.

Of course I am right, and most know it. For cripes sake, even BassFan which has a rankings for anglers doesn’t include those MLF Cup’s in the equation for determining ranklings, and rightfully so. And that publication is owned by KSE, which is also owned by the majority owner of MLF.

Some of these guys are giving blind loyalty to something that they don’t even understand what it really is. In another thread the topic of the “cups” also came up and I tried sending a subtle hint by asking the question if the results from them were counted in the official anglers rankings, hoping that if they realized they weren’t then the light bulb would go off in their head... but some are just to thick. It’s sad really.

Re: MLF [Re: Big O Florida] #13933057 03/23/21 01:08 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Of course I am right, and most know it. For cripes sake, even BassFan which has a rankings for anglers doesn’t include those MLF Cup’s in the equation for determining ranklings, and rightfully so. And that publication is owned by KSE, which is also owned by the majority owner of MLF.

Some of these guys are giving blind loyalty to something that they don’t even understand what it really is. In another thread the topic of the “cups” also came up and I tried sending a subtle hint by asking the question if the results from them were counted in the official anglers rankings, hoping that if they realized they weren’t then the light bulb would go off in their head... but some are just to thick. It’s sad really.

The Cups are not BPT. You keep bringing up the Cups to bash MLF in comparison to BASS. The Cups aren’t intended to be competition to BASS.

The Cups did popularize the MLF-style event, which was innovative and much different from a traditional best five bass tournament. It laid the foundation that led to BPT.

I’ve said it a lot but it bears repeating: I’m not some MLF superfan and I’m not a BASS hater. I enjoy both. I understand and enjoy the drama of the anglers knowing in real time exactly what they need to win or make a cut. It is exciting to watch, in my opinion, when a guy catches a fish with five minutes left that puts him a few ounces into first place and the guy he just passed knows it and has a chance to catch one more to retake the lead. It’s the way every other sport works. Tom Brady knows the time and score. Lebron James knows the time and score. Watching them engineer a comeback in real time is exciting. If they didn’t know how many points they needed to score in the last minute of a game, and the other team didn’t know what it needed to do, sports wouldn’t be as exciting.

I enjoy both styles of fishing tournament, but MLF appeals to people who aren’t historically pro bass fishing fans because it’s more like traditional sports. But comparing the Cups to Bass when BPT is the true comparison is silly.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF [Re: Dubee] #13933067 03/23/21 01:15 PM
J
june-bug Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
I thought Hack went back to the Elites?

Re: MLF [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13933068 03/23/21 01:15 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

The Cups are not BPT. You keep bringing up the Cups to bash MLF in comparison to BASS. The Cups aren’t intended to be competition to BASS.

The Cups did popularize the MLF-style event, which was innovative and much different from a traditional best five bass tournament. It laid the foundation that led to BPT.

I’ve said it a lot but it bears repeating: I’m not some MLF superfan and I’m not a BASS hater. I enjoy both. I understand and enjoy the drama of the anglers knowing in real time exactly what they need to win or make a cut. It is exciting to watch, in my opinion, when a guy catches a fish with five minutes left that puts him a few ounces into first place and the guy he just passed knows it and has a chance to catch one more to retake the lead. It’s the way every other sport works. Tom Brady knows the time and score. Lebron James knows the time and score. Watching them engineer a comeback in real time is exciting. If they didn’t know how many points they needed to score in the last minute of a game, and the other team didn’t know what it needed to do, sports wouldn’t be as exciting.

I enjoy both styles of fishing tournament, but MLF appeals to people who aren’t historically pro bass fishing fans because it’s more like traditional sports. But comparing the Cups to Bass when BPT is the true comparison is silly.

cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF [Re: june-bug] #13933070 03/23/21 01:16 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by june-bug
I thought Hack went back to the Elites?

He did go back. thumb

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF [Re: Dubee] #13933097 03/23/21 01:36 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Thank goodness for Lake Whitney. It saved that cup event. Belton and Lake Waco made Texas look bad. Mostly little sick looking dinks and very few of them. The Championship on Whitney was a good event.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide