Texas Fishing Forum

MLF

Posted By: Dubee

MLF - 03/20/21 10:16 PM

Just watched the final day of the Heritage Cup. They caught them good on Whitney. Hated to see Hack lose that big one. Good tournament
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: MLF - 03/20/21 10:40 PM

I had heard Waco was tough, just looked at the standings and seem that was true. Who won the championship round?

Re: MLF - 03/20/21 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
I had heard Waco was tough, just looked at the standings and seem that was true. Who won the championship round?

Ott Defoe
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: MLF - 03/20/21 11:53 PM

cheers
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: MLF - 03/20/21 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Ott Defoe

Thanks alot Buddy. I should stay away from here lol.

I'll still watch it of course. I really like these shows.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: MLF - 03/20/21 11:59 PM

Like watching a recorded football game a few months from now, can’t do it.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 12:13 AM

It was cool watching Point native Jeff Sprague almost run down Ott in the last 5 minutes and break off a 4 #.

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Joel McBride

Ott Defoe

Sorry, i didn't think about somebody reading that hasn't watched.
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 02:34 AM

Ott Defoe

Sorry, i didn't think about somebody reading that hasn't watched.

Top level pros going to lakes without any knowledge is absolutely the best.

Sprague probably had an idea but those lakes they are pretty small.

I love to hear and see how they break it down.

Now offshore stuff is a different animal of course and there's not much time to graph.

Shallow fiishing with some of the best.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Like watching a recorded football game a few months from now, can’t do it.

LOL.....exactly!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 02:47 AM

Top level pros going to lakes without any knowledge is absolutely the best.

Sprague probably had an idea but those lakes they are pretty small.

I love to hear and see how they break it down.

Now offshore stuff is a different animal of course and there's not much time to graph.

Shallow fiishing with some of the best.

Agree, with the way live sonar is changing this game I love the mystery lake factor here, it makes the skill of the fisherman more important and how much cash you have in electronics not as important. I just wish they would do these live, they should make the cup events like majors in golf for MLF the most important highest payout events.
Posted By: Big O Florida

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 12:23 PM

I don’t think half of you even understand what you’re defending most of the time. The “MLF Cups” are Reality TV drama shows.. re-enactments, scripted, choreographed, with directors....

From the history of MLF:
The second phase of the anglers’ vision was focused on the way fans would view the competition. The group was looking for less emphasis on the fish caught, with more emphasis on personalities, the struggles, the strategies, the conflicts and the emotions of the anglers.

These made for TV events are fictionalized, they are not real fishing tournaments, they are TV shows built around what happens at a fishing tournament, including the drama.Read about it here.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Big O Florida
I don’t think half of you even understand what you’re defending most of the time. The “MLF Cups” are Reality TV drama shows.. re-enactments, scripted, choreographed, with directors....

From the history of MLF:
The second phase of the anglers’ vision was focused on the way fans would view the competition. The group was looking for less emphasis on the fish caught, with more emphasis on personalities, the struggles, the strategies, the conflicts and the emotions of the anglers.

These made for TV events are fictionalized, they are not real fishing tournaments, they are TV shows built around what happens at a fishing tournament, including the drama.Read about it here.

Lol, you clearly haven't seen a Cup event on TV. Perhaps you should watch one and join us here in 2021...
Posted By: SAKS

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones

From the history of MLF:

Lol, you clearly haven't seen a Cup event on TV. Perhaps you should watch one and join us here in 2021...

Hey Mark, if Big O turns out to be right will you tell us how they get the fish to cooperate so that the show can be scripted, choreographed, re-enacted? How many takes does it take to get the scene right?

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS

From the history of MLF:

Hey Mark, if Big O turns out to be right will you tell us how they get the fish to cooperate so that the show can be scripted, choreographed, re-enacted? How many takes does it take to get the scene right?

You bet I will! roflmao cheers
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 02:17 PM

From the history of MLF:

Emphasizing drama doesn’t equal “fictionalized.”
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 02:24 PM

BOF’s relevancy just flush_2
Posted By: BThomas

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 06:51 PM

From the history of MLF:

They use divers that put the fish on the line. smile

Re: MLF - 03/21/21 07:57 PM

From the history of MLF:

Actually I bet he has never missed a second of one. He knows they are real tournaments. He is just spouting more dribble
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: MLF - 03/22/21 01:56 PM

The only thing that seem strange to me, was Sprague missing that fish right at the end (which would have won it). He didnt seem to melt down, like every one of us would, if it was truly in the last few minutes to win. Not saying it was staged at all (thats idiotic), but I wouldnt be surprised if there were some games played with the timing of the misses to add to the drama.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: MLF - 03/22/21 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

From the history of MLF:

I turned on the live today for a few minutes and just happened to hear them talking about a tournament a while back where they actually made an agreement not to fish the best area to make the show more of a show. Thought that was interesting

Re: MLF - 03/22/21 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by the skipper

From the history of MLF:

I turned on the live today for a few minutes and just happened to hear them talking about a tournament a while back where they actually made an agreement not to fish the best area to make the show more of a show. Thought that was interesting

Imagine that! Freudian slip of the tongue.
Posted By: Walls

Re: MLF - 03/22/21 07:37 PM

From the history of MLF:

Imagine that! Freudian slip of the tongue.

I actually think it's pretty cool. Take the "juice" out of the equation and see who can catch em elsewhere

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 02:41 AM

I see where it makes for a better show, maybe. I like to see guys find the best spot on the lake, that's kind of the point of a tournament. Which pretty much shows what Big O is saying is right. Boys has always held his position on it not being anything other than a TV show. That's just their model. I wouldnt have thought they would manipulate results, well I wouldnt have thought the anglers would have let them do that.

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 11:57 AM

I see where it makes for a better show, maybe. I like to see guys find the best spot on the lake, that's kind of the point of a tournament. Which pretty much shows what Big O is saying is right. Boys has always held his position on it not being anything other than a TV show. That's just their model. I wouldnt have thought they would manipulate results, well I wouldnt have thought the anglers would have let them do that.

Of course I am right, and most know it. For cripes sake, even BassFan which has a rankings for anglers doesn’t include those MLF Cup’s in the equation for determining ranklings, and rightfully so. And that publication is owned by KSE, which is also owned by the majority owner of MLF.

Some of these guys are giving blind loyalty to something that they don’t even understand what it really is. In another thread the topic of the “cups” also came up and I tried sending a subtle hint by asking the question if the results from them were counted in the official anglers rankings, hoping that if they realized they weren’t then the light bulb would go off in their head... but some are just to thick. It’s sad really.

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 01:08 PM

Of course I am right, and most know it. For cripes sake, even BassFan which has a rankings for anglers doesn’t include those MLF Cup’s in the equation for determining ranklings, and rightfully so. And that publication is owned by KSE, which is also owned by the majority owner of MLF.

Some of these guys are giving blind loyalty to something that they don’t even understand what it really is. In another thread the topic of the “cups” also came up and I tried sending a subtle hint by asking the question if the results from them were counted in the official anglers rankings, hoping that if they realized they weren’t then the light bulb would go off in their head... but some are just to thick. It’s sad really.

The Cups are not BPT. You keep bringing up the Cups to bash MLF in comparison to BASS. The Cups aren’t intended to be competition to BASS.

The Cups did popularize the MLF-style event, which was innovative and much different from a traditional best five bass tournament. It laid the foundation that led to BPT.

I’ve said it a lot but it bears repeating: I’m not some MLF superfan and I’m not a BASS hater. I enjoy both. I understand and enjoy the drama of the anglers knowing in real time exactly what they need to win or make a cut. It is exciting to watch, in my opinion, when a guy catches a fish with five minutes left that puts him a few ounces into first place and the guy he just passed knows it and has a chance to catch one more to retake the lead. It’s the way every other sport works. Tom Brady knows the time and score. Lebron James knows the time and score. Watching them engineer a comeback in real time is exciting. If they didn’t know how many points they needed to score in the last minute of a game, and the other team didn’t know what it needed to do, sports wouldn’t be as exciting.

I enjoy both styles of fishing tournament, but MLF appeals to people who aren’t historically pro bass fishing fans because it’s more like traditional sports. But comparing the Cups to Bass when BPT is the true comparison is silly.
Posted By: june-bug

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 01:15 PM

I thought Hack went back to the Elites?

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 01:15 PM

The Cups are not BPT. You keep bringing up the Cups to bash MLF in comparison to BASS. The Cups aren’t intended to be competition to BASS.

The Cups did popularize the MLF-style event, which was innovative and much different from a traditional best five bass tournament. It laid the foundation that led to BPT.

I’ve said it a lot but it bears repeating: I’m not some MLF superfan and I’m not a BASS hater. I enjoy both. I understand and enjoy the drama of the anglers knowing in real time exactly what they need to win or make a cut. It is exciting to watch, in my opinion, when a guy catches a fish with five minutes left that puts him a few ounces into first place and the guy he just passed knows it and has a chance to catch one more to retake the lead. It’s the way every other sport works. Tom Brady knows the time and score. Lebron James knows the time and score. Watching them engineer a comeback in real time is exciting. If they didn’t know how many points they needed to score in the last minute of a game, and the other team didn’t know what it needed to do, sports wouldn’t be as exciting.

I enjoy both styles of fishing tournament, but MLF appeals to people who aren’t historically pro bass fishing fans because it’s more like traditional sports. But comparing the Cups to Bass when BPT is the true comparison is silly.

cheers

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by june-bug
I thought Hack went back to the Elites?

He did go back. thumb
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 01:36 PM

Thank goodness for Lake Whitney. It saved that cup event. Belton and Lake Waco made Texas look bad. Mostly little sick looking dinks and very few of them. The Championship on Whitney was a good event.

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Thank goodness for Lake Whitney. It saved that cup event. Belton and Lake Waco made Texas look bad. Mostly little sick looking dinks and very few of them. The Championship on Whitney was a good event.

You're kidding right. Waco was brutal tough. But Belton kicked out good ones. Chris Lane had a 8 and some 4-5 lbers. There were several other good ones caught
Posted By: hillcountrybass

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 02:34 PM

There is room for both formats. I have been watching Elite series all four days love it. I also love MLF and don't care if it was last fall you learn a lot from those shows. Its still fishing I haven't seen the scuba divers hooking fish for this scripted format yet?
Posted By: Walls

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 02:49 PM

Sir, ma'am, other- whomever you are.......the irony of your statement is super rich. The only one "giving blind loyalty" to anything is YOU. No one else cares enough either way but you. Most like both formats, a lot like one or the other a bit more and a few do not like one format or the other. Except for you...... and maybe Mark....but I don't think he's blind. confused 3
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 02:53 PM

You're kidding right. Waco was brutal tough. But Belton kicked out good ones. Chris Lane had a 8 and some 4-5 lbers. There were several other good ones caught

Belton had a few good fish but that was certainly the minority. Lane caught a good one right out of the gate and it won the day for him. Dudley foul hooked a good one. The bulk of the catches were big head skinny bass though. Don't worry Dubee, I'm not criticizing your beloved MLF. Just saying Belton and Waco did not show out. Nothing more.

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 03:04 PM

Belton had a few good fish but that was certainly the minority. Lane caught a good one right out of the gate and it won the day for him. Dudley foul hooked a good one. The bulk of the catches were big head skinny bass though. Don't worry Dubee, I'm not criticizing your beloved MLF. Just saying Belton and Waco did not show out. Nothing more.

My comment had nothing to do with MLF. It was more directed at the quality that Belton kicked out.

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 03:05 PM

Ott DeFoe won that tournament, correct? Can one of you point out where that win is reflected on his official record thats shown here? Why is that event or location not being shown for that bonafide fishing tournament?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 07:14 PM

It was September in texas, lots of fish that year look rough.
Posted By: 9094

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 09:27 PM

From the history of MLF:

Dang man can't you quit with the constant MLF bashing. We ALL know you hate them for some reason. You have yet to tell us why but neverless you hate them.
99% of us
I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets tired of opening a thread and regardless of the original post you turn it into a 20 page thread bashing MLF.
We get it.
This thread for example was about the fish they caught, not one thing about how they are run orwho owns them. NEWFLASH... we are the Texas Fishing Forum and the lake in OP was a Texas lake. We take a special interst in how the fishing is on our lakes, regardless of the organization.
I wish everyone on here would put you on IGNORE as I am going to do until you fade away.
Isn't there a Florida Fishing forum you could go too? Our did they all put you on Ignore?

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by 9094

From the history of MLF:

Dang man can't you quit with the constant MLF bashing. We ALL know you hate them for some reason. You have yet to tell us why but neverless you hate them.
99% of us
I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets tired of opening a thread and regardless of the original post you turn it into a 20 page thread bashing MLF.
We get it.
This thread for example was about the fish they caught, not one thing about how they are run orwho owns them. NEWFLASH... we are the Texas Fishing Forum and the lake in OP was a Texas lake. We take a special interst in how the fishing is on our lakes, regardless of the organization.
I wish everyone on here would put you on IGNORE as I am going to do until you fade away.
Isn't there a Florida Fishing forum you could go too? Our did they all put you on Ignore?

He is probably banned from most forums. He was only on bbc a few days before he got a permanent ban

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 09:43 PM

From the history of MLF:

99% of us
We get it.

I'm about to put her on ignore myself, getting tired of her cr@p

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 10:29 PM

Ott DeFoe won that tournament, correct? Can one of you point out where that win is reflected on his official record thats shown here? Why is that event or location not being shown for that bonafide fishing tournament?

[Linked Image]

Wow
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 10:36 PM

How many classic winners and multiple classic winners are fishing with BASS ... nuff said.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: MLF - 03/23/21 11:59 PM

The Cup events still pay $100k to the winner. I'm sure Ott's ok without it being "official" on BassFan

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
The Cup events still pay $100k to the winner. I'm sure Ott's ok without it being "official" on BassFan

Lol, this ^^^
Posted By: SAKS

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 01:55 AM

According to the O, Ott already knew he was going to win because the show is scripted, choreographed and directed. Would be really nice to have that foreknowledge.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 01:57 AM

According to the O, Ott already knew he was going to win because the show is scripted, choreographed and directed. Would be really nice to have that foreknowledge.

roflmao

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 05:07 AM

Lol, this ^^^

You sure that big cardboard check isn’t just a stage prop, along with the trophy and just part of the show? Besides, actors typically get paid more than that too, especially for having speaking parts in the #1 rated TV shows, like MLF has been proclaimed to be.

How come no one can explain why these tournaments aren’t being recorded on the anglers official achievement ranking records? How are they supposed to use a win in one of those prestigious events as leverage for gaining sponsors if they can’t even prove they participated in one, let alone placed high in it?

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 10:20 AM

Lol, this ^^^

You sure that big cardboard check isn’t just a stage prop, along with the trophy and just part of the show? Besides, actors typically get paid more than that too, especially for having speaking parts in the #1 rated TV shows, like MLF has been proclaimed to be.

How come no one can explain why these tournaments aren’t being recorded on the anglers official achievement ranking records? How are they supposed to use a win in one of those prestigious events as leverage for gaining sponsors if they can’t even prove they participated in one, let alone placed high in it?

I guess BASS opens aren't real tournaments since they don't list those either.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 12:41 PM

Lol, this ^^^

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 01:10 PM

I have nothing against MLF, just prefer BASS when watching fishing. I will watch both, but if MLF and BASS are on, I will watch BASS. To each their own, do what you like.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 01:52 PM

When did they ever say what the cups paid?
Posted By: 9094

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 02:27 PM

I put him on ingnore but have one question.
If he isn'tthe ultimate definition of a troll what is?
He only comments if the letters MLF are in a thread and changes the tone and direction of every thread he latches on too.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 02:34 PM

He only comments if the letters MLF are in a thread and changes the tone and direction of every thread he latches on too.

Agree JP shoulda perma banned her long long ago

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 02:35 PM

He is nothing but a troll and I'm suprised he is allowed to hang around

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 03:09 PM

Lol, this ^^^

“How are they supposed to use a win in one of those tournaments as leverage for gaining sponsors if they can’t prove they even participated in one, let alone placed high in it?”

roflmao

Well, they’re televised, for one. Two, here you go:

https://majorleaguefishing.com/circuits/cups/results/

Sponsorship is all about exposure. I know you’re being obtuse, but in case there is anyone reading your loco BS, sponsors view cup events as supplemental exposure, just like they view an angler’s YouTube channel, Instagram, etc accounts as supplemental exposure. The world has changed beyond a couple hundred people watching anglers launch their boats. Attendance of events isn’t and hasn’t been as important as TV deals and now social media for a long time. People view things on their own schedule, recording it for later or heading to social media.

It would be nice if you could make good-faith arguments. No one cares if you prefer one trail over the other, but the constant made-up facts and obtuse posts are silly.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 03:32 PM

Since you call him a "troll" and Warren should we refer to you as Boyd Jr???... Of your 3000+ post 2000 of them have to been defending MLFLW/ BPsT/ Big 5, fighting and trying to discredit Big O... Dan
roflmao
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 04:02 PM

i know a guy that worked this cup event and he said its anything but staged. What they do with the footage of catches who knows and dont really care cause i was interested to see how the pros approached my local lakes they haven't ever been on before.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS

Since you call him a "troll" and Warren should we refer to you as Boyd Jr???... Of your 3000+ post 2000 of them have to been defending MLFLW/ BPsT/ Big 5, fighting and trying to discredit Big O... Dan
roflmao

I'm not a troll just a ahole and I think Warren is a douche bag. I don't care if anyone likes MLF or not. What I don't like is his constant made up bs
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 06:09 PM

You are no different. Your contributions to this forum span no further than trying to stir up Big O. So maybe you should examine your own self before calling out others big dawg.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by J.H.S.

You are no different. Your contributions to this forum span no further than trying to stir up Big O. So maybe you should examine your own self before calling out others big dawg.

At least they have been reasonable, big O has been anything but.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 06:40 PM

How many threads do I start trolling people. Zero. And I'm far from a big dawg. I'm a skinny little runt. I've also been a member here for years. I didn't join just to spread lies about an organization. I know you can't see the difference because you are one of his cheerleaders. But I don't get on here to troll. He does

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

At least they have been reasonable, big O has been anything but.

I've been anything but reasonable when it comes to Warren
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 06:52 PM

How many threads to I start trolling people. Zero. And I'm far from a big dawg. I'm a skinny little runt. I've also been a member here for years. I didn't join just to spread lies about an organization. I no you can't see the difference because you are one of his cheerleaders. But I don't get on here to troll. He does

I gotta side with Dubee....and we could care less about each other. But....he’s right on this one.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 06:55 PM

roflmao

I'm not a troll just a ahole and I think Warren is a douche bag. I don't care if anyone likes MLF or not. What I don't like is his constant made up bs

Who is Warren(other than a DB) ?

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by BThomas

roflmao

Big o reminds me of a character named Warren from a movie. So that's what I call him
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 07:05 PM

...I've also been a member here for years...

Everybody's a newbie at some point... Big O will point that out to someone in a few years also... Dan
thumb

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 07:17 PM

...I've also been a member here for years...

Everybody's a newbie at some point... Big O will point that out to someone in a few years also... Dan
thumb

Absolutely everyone is a newbie at some point. That wasn't my point in saying I've been on here for years. My point was i've been on here and posting long before MLF discussions. Josh comparing me to Warren is just wrong. He joined just to bash MLF
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 07:35 PM

The movie is. There’s something about Mary. It’s pretty funny.

Warren is “mentally challenged”.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 07:58 PM

He is nothing but a troll and I'm suprised he is allowed to hang around[/quote]

You are no different. Your contributions to this forum span no further than trying to stir up Big O. So maybe you should examine your own self before calling out others big dawg. [/quote]

How many threads to I start trolling people. Zero. And I'm far from a big dawg. I'm a skinny little runt. I've also been a member here for years. I didn't join just to spread lies about an organization. I no you can't see the difference because you are one of his cheerleaders. But I don't get on here to troll. He does[/quote]

I gotta side with Dubee....and we could care less about each other. But....he’s right on this one.
[/quote]

Thanks Steez

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by BThomas

Big o reminds me of a character named Warren from a movie. So that's what I call him

thumb Gotcha... LOL

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 09:46 PM

No worries J.H.S. and Dan... I am sure you’ve seen by now there is a little clique on here that gets their underwear in a wad if anything that reflects negatively on MLF gets posted on here. Things get really bad coming from that same group when supporting material is supplied that is indisputable and they are left to try and explain away the unexplainable. And when that isn’t working, they will collectively start screaming that I be silenced. It matters not what I post about, if it is a positive article about BASS they will find a way to come in and inject something negative towards me directly. I have learned to ignore them for the most part and won’t engage them due to their inability to remain civil.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 10:27 PM

“I have learned to ignore them for the most part and won’t engage them due to their inability to remain civil.“

Big O, even when you start a Bass thread you bring up MLF. 12 of your last 50 posts are on MLF threads and several of your other last 50 posts are in BASS threads where you mention MLF.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 10:45 PM

No worries J.H.S. and Dan... I am sure you’ve seen by now there is a little clique on here that gets their underwear in a wad if anything that reflects negatively on MLF gets posted on here. Things get really bad coming from that same group when supporting material is supplied that is indisputable and they are left to try and explain away the unexplainable. And when that isn’t working, they will collectively start screaming that I be silenced. It matters not what I post about, if it is a positive article about BASS they will find a way to come in and inject something negative towards me directly. I have learned to ignore them for the most part and won’t engage them due to their inability to remain civil.

I don't know of anyone on here that gets the least bit upset if anyone has a legit problem with MLF. I don't care who likes it or watches it. I just like the format. What I have a problem with. And I'm sure many others do. Is that you never post anything but imaginary bs. You never have facts supporting anything negative you say. And you just twist everything to fit your narrative. You have about 3 or 4 cheerleaders on here that hated MLF before you ever started posting. A few people that just don't care either way. And everyone else sees you for what you are. Just a bitter little troll.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 11:43 PM

It was back when the BPT was announced. There were several slides that had the payouts for the BPT, Cups, World Championship, etc. I'll find a link.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 11:47 PM

The group here would be just as annoyed if a single user was constantly trolling BASS, most here like both and watch both.

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 11:50 PM

It was back when the BPT was announced. There were several slides that had the payouts for the BPT, Cups, World Championship, etc. I'll find a link.

BassFan MLF Payout Link

***This is prior to the no entry fees, then the added entry fees new for this year***

Re: MLF - 03/24/21 11:56 PM

BassFan MLF Payout Link

***This is prior to the no entry fees, then the added entry fees new for this year***

Whaaaa? Another example of over promise and under deliver?

[Linked Image]

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 12:11 AM

I knew that comment was coming, hence the ***This is prior to the no entry fees, then the added entry fees new for this year***

As you are aware, the numbers posted in this article are based on the anglers paying ~$6k an event entry fees (circa fall 2018 when all of this was being constructed). Their angler board took a vote and they decided not to have entry fees, thus the lower Tour Championship pay out $500k>$300k. Same for the regular season events.

But you know all of this, you just choose to ignore it and push your agenda.

Carry on

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 12:14 AM

I knew that comment was coming, hence the ***This is prior to the no entry fees, then the added entry fees new for this year***

As you are aware, the numbers posted in this article are based on the anglers paying ~$6k an event entry fees (circa fall 2018 when all of this was being constructed). Their angler board took a vote and they decided not to have entry fees, thus the lower Tour Championship pay out $500k>$300k. Same for the regular season events.

Carry on

It's been pointed out several times the original plan for BPT was for entry fees. He chooses to ignore that
Posted By: Neal G

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 12:37 AM

In the beginning and most all of last year, Big O was highly accurate and factual with his comments. Much of "his" information was not public information so I gave him credit because I also knew the same. Like some others on TFF knew. Yet some of you all argued otherwise.

But now, Big O often over plays his hand and is flat out wrong or is intentionally misleading people.

So Big O, please get your TFF game back in control otherwise you are no better than mark jones when he was on the payroll. There is plenty of newish information out there to "win" a MLF TFF keyboard argument with Dubee and others without going the fake news route.

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 12:47 AM

Carry on

My mistake was I did not look at the date that schedule was published. That’s my bad... had I, I would have only changed my observation and comment slightly. The other thing that through me for a loop was your asterisks **** mentioning something about before they paid entry fees... NEWS FLASH - THEY ARE PAYING ENTRY FEES NOW. Does that make that payout schedule valid?

Actually, had I noticed that was a 2018 circa article, I would have first asked you why you posted something from a time where they were over promising on everything, and added, as time has clearly showed, they underdelivered on everything? That’s the second biggest criticism of MLF, they have literally changed just about everything from how it was originally said to be setup.

I recently posted a message asking for the current fees and payout schedule for MLF and that went no where... a bunch of excuses and other irrelevant comments were made , but it went no where. Had that been something they’ve published like everyone else does, even circuits they own and are in control of... this wouldn’t even be a question. Well, knowing MLF and their history of changes, it probably would be.

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Neal G
In the beginning and most all of last year, Big O was highly accurate and factual with his comments. Much of "his" information was not public information so I gave him credit because I also knew the same. Like some others on TFF knew. Yet some of you all argued otherwise.

But now, Big O often over plays his hand and is flat out wrong or is intentionally misleading people.

So Big O, please get your TFF game back in control otherwise you are no better than mark jones when he was on the payroll. There is plenty of newish information out there to "win" a MLF TFF keyboard argument with Dubee and others without going the fake news route.

Lol

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 01:36 AM

Pretty good summation right here. Initially, people wanted to know what FLW angler he was that got his feelings hurt. It seemed clear he was closely involved with one of the tours, if not an angler himself the family member of one. Those were simpler times.

Now everything is misrepresented, gaslighted, misconstrued or flat out un-provable conjecture. Gone are the days of him clearly having inside information and just not disclosing how he had it. Now it’s just internet troll 101.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 01:41 AM

Pretty good summation right here. Initially, people wanted to know what FLW angler he was that got his feelings hurt. It seemed clear he was closely involved with one of the tours, if not an angler himself the family member of one. Those were simpler times.

Now everything is misrepresented, gaslighted, misconstrued or flat out un-provable conjecture. Gone are the days of him clearly having inside information and just not disclosing how he had it. Now it’s just internet troll 101.

Now he’s just read for his “entertainment value”?
noidea

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 01:42 AM

Are y'all forgetting that all of his post use to be just how BPT was a bunch of thieves stealing all the money. I guarantee if you go back and read all his post. Nothing has changed
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 01:43 AM

I have always followed B.A.S.S. and currently enjoy watching them and MLF. Since MLF is on Rayburn this week, it has been enjoyable to watch them on what I consider my home lake. I am not partial, just like to fish and watch fishing....

Re: MLF - 03/25/21 03:00 AM

He never told us who he was so many had no reason to believe he had factual inside knowledge other than the one who just came forward.

Most thought he was just a raving lunatic. confused 3
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum