Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Gators in Waxahachie? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13930129 03/20/21 05:59 PM
P
photofishin Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
In fact...in all my 50years of fishing, I’ve never seen a wild gator in a lake in Texas. I have seen one in a canal outside of Galveston. The only other I have seen in the wild were way up lake on Ross Barnett in Mississippi. A BUNCH in 5 days of fishing.

you don't fish Rayburn much then!

Re: Gators in Waxahachie? [Re: PKfishin] #13930131 03/20/21 06:00 PM
P
photofishin Offline
Angler
Angler
P
Originally Posted by PKfishin
Gborg: I think fried gator is pretty good. I do not think Texoma or PK has any Gators. I think they do not like salt water. I could be wrong, but I've been in all the little creeks on PK and never saw any evidence of them. Audads, Pigs, Turkeys, deer and coyotes but no gaors. maybe Randy Wood or one of the PK guides would have seen gators in PK.

they handle saltwater just fine...ask anyone who's walked on water while wade fishing and had one come their way after a stringer of trout!

Re: Gators in Waxahachie? [Re: photofishin] #13930206 03/20/21 07:33 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by photofishin
Originally Posted by PKfishin
Gborg: I think fried gator is pretty good. I do not think Texoma or PK has any Gators. I think they do not like salt water. I could be wrong, but I've been in all the little creeks on PK and never saw any evidence of them. Audads, Pigs, Turkeys, deer and coyotes but no gaors. maybe Randy Wood or one of the PK guides would have seen gators in PK.

they handle saltwater just fine...ask anyone who's walked on water while wade fishing and had one come their way after a stringer of trout!

bolt

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Gators in Waxahachie? [Re: PowerLizard] #13931339 03/22/21 12:19 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by PowerLizard
Gators move around when it floods. They have been found in Lake Lewisville and Lake Grapevine. The have also been found on Surfside Beach. It was believed to have come out from the Brazos River when it flooded. These have all been single gator incidents which don’t get to hang around a long time before someone removes them legally or otherwise.

Surfside is about 10 minutes from my beach house. I know there’s a lot of rattle snakes. Didn’t know about a few gators. bolt

Guess I need to watch out when I’m flounder giggin’. loco_2

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Gators in Waxahachie? [Re: steveiam] #13933286 03/23/21 03:43 PM
T
TRH (formerly xpress00) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by steveiam
Originally Posted by Fishbonz
I have fished Lake Waxahachie for years. I`ve fished it from the main lake in my 18fter & as far west on S Prong Creek as fm66 behind where the "Scarborough Renaissance " (scarborough faire) area is located in an 8fter and have never seen a sign ,trail or hide nor hair of Mr. Wally Gator along it`s banks., and since Lake Waxahachie does not boast having the Tributary of the Trinity or any other river system supporting it I would have to emphatically say no to that notion. 2cents

HE aka Fishbonz

Yep, I’m with fishbonz here, I’ve fished that lake from the bank, in a pontoon and did the kayak thing up the Prong creek also-

Yo Steve, how ya been??? I have to disagree. I see no reason at all why there wouldn't be one, at least one passing through or just checking it out to see if it would be sustainable habitat. One could easily travel from the Trinity at RC, through RC and chambers creek, up through Bardwell, and on to Waxahachie. I've been up and down the creek there in an 8x4 bassbuster style boat with my dad and saw some things that make you wonder what else might be in there. Of course this was back over 30 years ago.

To the OP: Whether there is or isn't shouldn't deter you from enjoying the lake. Odds are you wouldn't see anything even if there was one there.

Re: Gators in Waxahachie? [Re: TRH (formerly xpress00)] #13933466 03/23/21 06:03 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by TRH (formerly xpress00)
Originally Posted by steveiam
Originally Posted by Fishbonz
I have fished Lake Waxahachie for years. I`ve fished it from the main lake in my 18fter & as far west on S Prong Creek as fm66 behind where the "Scarborough Renaissance " (scarborough faire) area is located in an 8fter and have never seen a sign ,trail or hide nor hair of Mr. Wally Gator along it`s banks., and since Lake Waxahachie does not boast having the Tributary of the Trinity or any other river system supporting it I would have to emphatically say no to that notion. 2cents

HE aka Fishbonz

Yep, I’m with fishbonz here, I’ve fished that lake from the bank, in a pontoon and did the kayak thing up the Prong creek also-

Yo Steve, how ya been??? I have to disagree. I see no reason at all why there wouldn't be one, at least one passing through or just checking it out to see if it would be sustainable habitat. One could easily travel from the Trinity at RC, through RC and chambers creek, up through Bardwell, and on to Waxahachie. I've been up and down the creek there in an 8x4 bassbuster style boat with my dad and saw some things that make you wonder what else might be in there. Of course this was back over 30 years ago.

To the OP: Whether there is or isn't shouldn't deter you from enjoying the lake. Odds are you wouldn't see anything even if there was one there.

Yo Trent!
You are right, I should just said I haven’t seen a gator there, but I bet there are many other things I haven’t seen while I was there too.
But if I did It sure wouldn’t stop me from enjoying that creek or lake, it’s a near to me jewel-

Last edited by steveiam; 03/23/21 06:03 PM.

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide