Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13923101 03/15/21 02:21 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Anyone notice they aren't even listing the Legacy class fish on the website peep https://texassharelunker.com/archives/?page=1

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03/15/21 02:21 AM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13923108 03/15/21 02:25 AM
L
LeonSulak Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
[Linked Image]

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13923111 03/15/21 02:26 AM
L
LeonSulak Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
This makes 9 for Ivie.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13923122 03/15/21 02:32 AM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Good grief. They're fish, not children.. Legally caught fish. They belong to the people who caught them.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13923142 03/15/21 02:46 AM
5-20 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Bockscar, catch a few 10+ pound bass and keep them in your livewell for a few hours and then you’ll understand what a stressed out big fish looks like and how easy and fast it can happen.

Toads for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Barrett] #13923150 03/15/21 02:51 AM
txwhitetail Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Barrett
One of the 17 fish submitted has passed, we have not had issues with any other fish.

PM from the program on FB.

Pretty good numbers then so far.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: 5-20] #13923160 03/15/21 03:09 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by 5-20
Bockscar, catch a few 10+ pound bass and keep them in your livewell for a few hours and then you’ll understand what a stressed out big fish looks like and how easy and fast it can happen.

My livewell is my trash can. Livewelling them and the effects has nothing to do with my point...which is that the TP&W sharelunker people know way more than any of us ever will.

To me its just so ironic that people are catching big fish and some people are complaining about the people who played a huge hand in making that even possible. One of the guys that caught one today was a semi local from San Angelo....figured a local wouldve tossed it back in based on a lot of comments Ive read on here 🤷‍♂️

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: bockscar] #13923166 03/15/21 03:12 AM
D
Darin S. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by bockscar

My livewell is my trash can. Livewelling them and the effects has nothing to do with my point...which is that the TP&W sharelunker people know way more than any of us ever will.

To me its just so ironic that people are catching big fish and some people are complaining about the people who played a huge hand in making that even possible. One of the guys that caught one today was a semi local from San Angelo....figured a local wouldve tossed it back in based on a lot of comments Ive read on here 🤷‍♂️

Do you live in Texas?

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Darin S.] #13923168 03/15/21 03:15 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Darin S.

Do you live in Texas?

whats it matter? First youre asking my hand and foot size now you want my location? LOL whats going on here

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: bockscar] #13923175 03/15/21 03:23 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Hate seeing this news. I agree. Fish get stressed out from being caught, especially these older 10-16 pound fish.

Just think about it. If you’re 60+ years old. You’re old but still strong and virile and reasonably stable. You have your home and everything you need for survival set up.

And then someone grabs you and thrusts you in a totally foreign and barren environment. A sterile plastic tub and then transfers you to a sterile concrete tub for weeks.

It’s not hard to see why so few fish survive that experience. It’s easy to see how stressed big fish already become from being in a livewell for a few hours.

Let them get back to their environment and stabilize in the best way they know how to.

Keep on stocking Florida bass. No need to keep on grabbing so many fish out of those lakes.

Almost wonder if it’s the publicity alone that makes so many people donate their fish.

now this might sound like a crazy questions, but I gotta ask. Do you all feel that you have more knowledge about black bass and freshwater lakes than the biologist and people that work for TP&W on the sharelunker program?

I’ll answer your question with another question and that will be that...What’s better for bass in a lake, a lake with healthy lush hydrilla or a lake with dead poison sprayed hydrilla? Yeah, there you go with your educated biologist BS theory.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: txwhitetail] #13923177 03/15/21 03:29 AM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by txwhitetail
Originally Posted by Barrett
One of the 17 fish submitted has passed, we have not had issues with any other fish.

PM from the program on FB.

Pretty good numbers then so far.

agree to be honest

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: grout-scout] #13923179 03/15/21 03:30 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Hate seeing this news. I agree. Fish get stressed out from being caught, especially these older 10-16 pound fish.

Just think about it. If you’re 60+ years old. You’re old but still strong and virile and reasonably stable. You have your home and everything you need for survival set up.

And then someone grabs you and thrusts you in a totally foreign and barren environment. A sterile plastic tub and then transfers you to a sterile concrete tub for weeks.

It’s not hard to see why so few fish survive that experience. It’s easy to see how stressed big fish already become from being in a livewell for a few hours.

Let them get back to their environment and stabilize in the best way they know how to.

Keep on stocking Florida bass. No need to keep on grabbing so many fish out of those lakes.

Almost wonder if it’s the publicity alone that makes so many people donate their fish.

now this might sound like a crazy questions, but I gotta ask. Do you all feel that you have more knowledge about black bass and freshwater lakes than the biologist and people that work for TP&W on the sharelunker program?

I’ll answer your question with another question and that will be that...What’s better for bass in a lake, a lake with health lush hydrilla or a lake with dead poison sprayed hydrilla? Yeah, there you go with your educated biologist BS theory.

Id like to think the Sharelunker people are less involved and separate from those decisions and aspects of lake management, but I may be wrong. I also thought I read somewhere some of the spraying you see was done in part to satisfy property owners....but that mightve been florida, cant really remember. Its hard to be right all the time when it comes to nature since it tends to do its thing regardless of what we want it to do.

You are bringing up somethig im not debating or disagreeing with at all...but im still wondering if some of you all feel like you are more knowledgeable and better equipped to make decisions on best practice for growing big fish? I just really feel that the Sharelunker people know what they are doing.....and what is going on in West texas, and has continued to happen in places like fork really have me putting faith in the Sharelunker people.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13923184 03/15/21 03:34 AM
D
Darin S. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
The reel post was a joke.

I don’t want your location just wondering how a guy from Arizona or New Mexico can relate to a guy watching his home lake get raped. 9 fish over 13 pounds removed from ANY lake in 2 months is stupid, whether they’re donated or not.

Originally Posted by Westside.
I hate everything
Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: Darin S.] #13923191 03/15/21 03:43 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Darin S.
The reel post was a joke.

I don’t want your location just wondering how a guy from Arizona or New Mexico can relate to a guy watching his home lake get raped. 9 fish over 13 pounds removed from ANY lake in 2 months is stupid, whether they’re donated or not.

Im from Texas, but I get the reach.

My home lake is in New Mexico. I do quite a bit of habitat work (or at least I did pre pandemic) with some of the people from NM over at Elephant Butte. Im also kinda a hippie when it comes to fish handling. So no...i dont live on a lake. But I do feel im a conservationist and have a genuine love for my home lake. I told Josh Jones to come to elephant butte on his facebook posts. Id love for him to show what might be lurking in the depths. Sure....no sharelunker in New Mexico so theyd go back in the water likely and not really the same. But i wish NM had a sharelunker program. And instead of trying my hardest to find the negatives in the catches and success of others on these likely once in a lifetime situations.....id get my butt out there and cast to get me mine. Thats just me tho.

You can take that for whats its worth to you. Wether that qualifies me to have an opinion in your eyes, or not...ill just leave on you.

Re: Sal survival rate for Ivie [Re: bockscar] #13923196 03/15/21 03:48 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by grout-scout

I’ll answer your question with another question and that will be that...What’s better for bass in a lake, a lake with health lush hydrilla or a lake with dead poison sprayed hydrilla? Yeah, there you go with your educated biologist BS theory.

Id like to think the Sharelunker people are less involved and separate from those decisions and aspects of lake management, but I may be wrong. I also thought I read somewhere some of the spraying you see was done in part to satisfy property owners....but that mightve been florida, cant really remember. Its hard to be right all the time when it comes to nature since it tends to do its thing regardless of what we want it to do.

You are bringing up somethig im not debating or disagreeing with at all...but im still wondering if some of you all feel like you are more knowledgeable and better equipped to make decisions on best practice for growing big fish? I just really feel that the Sharelunker people know what they are doing.....and what is going on in West texas, and has continued to happen in places like fork really have me putting faith in the Sharelunker people.

Oh, you want to go there now...Fork sees the majority of the SAL fry, why aren’t they pumping out giant SAL’s every year? Shouldn’t Fork be the lake in the news, no other lake is groomed like it is. Yes, they are producing the majority of the SAL, but again the DNA isn’t matching up. The program has been in effect long enough now to say that the results just aren’t there. It was started to grow the world record bass, it’s not going to happen.

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide