Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
LiveScope Update? #13921974 03/14/21 03:42 AM
Whaler-170 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
I have heard that there were some issues with LiveScope after updates were done. Is this still true or did Garmin straighten it out. I’m just about done rigging mine up and wasn’t sure if I should update the graphs or not.

Re: LiveScope Update? [Re: Whaler-170] #13922011 03/14/21 04:33 AM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Use a basic SD card 32 GB or less and not the Ultra SD card. Again, just a basic SD card. I recommend when doing an update use the SD card and not through Active Target WiFi. This is where most of the issues come from that we hear about. When doing an update via WiFi your data will pause and go, pause and go. After the pause and then it starts back up "go" there are key data components that did not get included in the update thus causing issues. For some this has not been an issue but has for others. Recommended is the SD card update steps.

Don't get me wrong now. Garmins main competitor is their own instability with software updates. "For every action, there is a reaction"
When writing software codes, a simple missing . , dotted i or crossed t can cause a minor reaction giving us issues in software updates as well.

Do not be afraid to do your updates...Just do not be the 1st one to jump out there and upload. I always update but I always wait to see if or what is going to happen.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: LiveScope Update? [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #13927321 03/18/21 01:31 PM
D
daddyflea Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

Use a basic SD card 32 GB or less and not the Ultra SD card. Again, just a basic SD card. I recommend when doing an update use the SD card and not through Active Target WiFi. This is where most of the issues come from that we hear about. When doing an update via WiFi your data will pause and go, pause and go. After the pause and then it starts back up "go" there are key data components that did not get included in the update thus causing issues. For some this has not been an issue but has for others. Recommended is the SD card update steps.

Don't get me wrong now. Garmins main competitor is their own instability with software updates. "For every action, there is a reaction"
When writing software codes, a simple missing . , dotted i or crossed t can cause a minor reaction giving us issues in software updates as well.

Do not be afraid to do your updates...Just do not be the 1st one to jump out there and upload. I always update but I always wait to see if or what is going to happen.

I bought my Livescope through Shutup and Fish. Mine is a little over a year old. I updated mine as soon as I got it. Now I am afraid to do it. Mine works great. I have got it figured out but one of the biggest confusing things to me is the $100 dollar Transducer bracket mounting on one side of the Pole or the other. I did put on the optional Bracket and have found I use the Downscan almost exclusively instead of forward scan. My Grandaughter calls it Video Game fishing. I use Blade Bait lures mainly Cabelas Mean Eye 3/4 oz Blade Baits. I turn on my Thumper and wait till I see a fish swimming toward my lure which is usually just off bottom. I then Reel up just in front of the Fish causing a Reaction strike. My 11 year old Grandaughter caught 50 Keepers using this technique last Sunday. All I did was take them off the hook and throw them in the Livewell.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide