Forums59
Topics1,039,297
Posts13,962,438
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916841 03/09/21 10:59 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Maybe gov’t should put up no trespassing signs around the water so he doesn’t use it.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Mark Jones] #13916847 03/09/21 11:07 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Who woulda thunk? And people wonder why MLF has such a bad reputation? It all starts at the top!

https://news.yahoo.com/u-billionaire-stan-kroenke-wins-215622330.html

Dude, it's getting really weird... reign yourself in before everyone writes you off and MLF's numbers start dropping. We need you on here, but in as "normal" a way as you can muster up and this isn't it.

Thanks in advance...

Mark you are equal just opposite on MLF. Did you read the article before coming to MLF’s defense? When the guys in Louisiana do this all anglers unite against it. What Kroenke did is what terrible people do and it is not a stretch to think that attitude trickles into his business. Intentional or not, you are defending a major MLF owner by dismissing the messenger. (Although in this case I get it since I’m not entirely certain you don’t work for Kroenke or at least do business with his companies. Family first!)

Everyone knows Big O’ has an agenda and is unbalanced on TFF regarding MLF. Doesn’t make him wrong every time.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: 9094] #13916858 03/09/21 11:23 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by 9094

Try keeping the power companies off your land to run transmission lines... good luck fighting that right of way battle!

You do realize the power companies pay millions of dollars to by those easements. I have been paid a small fortune for right of way easements. I still own the land though and don’t have to let anyone but the power company in the land. Plus they are under contract to keep your land clean and maintained in their easement.
True if the person that owns the land try’s to hold up a project the will go to court but it is a last resort for the power companies or any pipeline company.
Your comment is so far removed from allowing public access it is laughable. There is a lot lot of difference between a paid easement and public easement.
The first is real and the second is make believe.

Dude, surrounding public property by private property and then not allowing public access to the public lands via a right of way easement is nothing short of land theft. And the same that was provided to the power companies can and should be provided to Govt. There are only 2 solutions, the landowner provide adequate amount of land be leased/sold back to local or state govt, for the right of way to the public water resource, or eminent domain be enacted by Govt and the land that’s needed be seized and the only compensation given would be fair market value.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916872 03/09/21 11:33 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Simple solutions to this kind of mess would be adequate govt oversight to determine if there is any “public property” being land locked by the private purchase of other properties and and enact laws that prohibit such transactions without providing detailed “right of way easements” to access the public lands whether it be by lease, sale, or other. Utility companies have forced land owners for decades to permit right of ways through their land, which is much more controversial because that’s a corporate business interest going against a private landowner, and those types of right of ways often have other (more costly) solutions, but private land owners cutting off public access to public lands and water resources... well, it should not be allowed to happen.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: TxBazzn] #13916878 03/09/21 11:37 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by TxBazzn
Who woulda thunk? And people wonder why MLF has such a bad reputation? It all starts at the top!

Dude, it's getting really weird... reign yourself in before everyone writes you off and MLF's numbers start dropping. We need you on here, but in as "normal" a way as you can muster up and this isn't it.

Thanks in advance...

Mark you are equal just opposite on MLF. Did you read the article before coming to MLF’s defense? When the guys in Louisiana do this all anglers unite against it. What Kroenke did is what terrible people do and it is not a stretch to think that attitude trickles into his business. Intentional or not, you are defending a major MLF owner by dismissing the messenger. (Although in this case I get it since I’m not entirely certain you don’t work for Kroenke or at least do business with his companies. Family first!)

Everyone knows Big O’ has an agenda and is unbalanced on TFF regarding MLF. Doesn’t make him wrong every time.

Mark is the water boy for the MLF billionaire owners. That was established long ago. His sole purpose seemingly has been to run and coordinate a defensive deflection campaign on behalf of MLF and the criticism brought against it.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916888 03/09/21 11:45 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
Mark is the water boy for the MLF billionaire owners. That was established long ago. His sole purpose seemingly has been to run and coordinate a defensive deflection campaign on behalf of MLF and the criticism brought against it.

So what does that make you? Your obsession with MLF is out of control.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13916938 03/10/21 12:41 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

An angler and tournament fishing advocate, is what it makes me. One who seemingly is able to recognize all the things the MLF organization and it’s ownership group does that is totally contrary to what they’ve publicly said they are or have intentions of doing and or being. If it seems I bring those things up a lot, it’s probably because they do those things a lot. The subject of this thread being perfect example. The man wants a public image of being an outdoor sporting advocate and conversationalist, yet is fighting tooth and nail to privatize access to something that’s public and he doesn’t even own. That’s the kind of stuff that just can’t be made up.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13916940 03/10/21 12:42 AM
C
coachallentca Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

He does seem to have a hard on for MLF..

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13916983 03/10/21 01:26 AM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
So i guess we blame the entire organization for the actions of one person now... hmm, no way this goes wrong breakdance

John Miller
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13917006 03/10/21 01:47 AM
P
pchapin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
I am just glad he broke it off in the OP one more time.

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: TxBazzn] #13917019 03/10/21 01:57 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Thanks in advance...

You want to know what Mark doesn’t do in his post? Make up BS and bash any other organization during his defense of Big O’s bull****. If Kroenke did not have stake in MLF Big O wouldn’t give two sh*** about his character or business practices.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13917052 03/10/21 02:22 AM
S
Slicefixer Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
S
Did you bother to read the details of the article you posted? Plaintiff DOES own the land that's supporting the h20 that comprises the lakes. Neither the national government nor the provincial government own the physical land the lakes reside upon.... the defendant does. If I were the owner/defendant of the physical land beneath and surrounding the lake (and private property law supported my position) I'd have done exactly the same thing.

"Even though the water is publicly owned, no one is now allowed to travel over it if the bed beneath the water is privately owned.”

“The judge[s] said effectively that water over private land is not navigable for the people of Canada,” McGowan said. “That means they’re just giving it to the landowner for free.”

Admittedly. I don't know Canadian law or BC provincial law beyond the interpretation of this latest decision. However, if the land underneath the lake is private then the lakes are private and that's, effectively, what it sounds like this latest decision states. Obviously the plaintiff's aren't happy, but, it's what the law states and not the fact that many don't like or respect private property or the rights of private property owners.

Last edited by Slicefixer; 03/10/21 02:27 AM.

Gj
Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13917057 03/10/21 02:23 AM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Has the Mystery of just who Big O’ is, been solved? I have guesses but afraid to be wrong for fear of tarnishing reputations.

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: TxBazzn] #13917088 03/10/21 02:42 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Has the Mystery of just who Big O’ is, been solved? I have guesses but afraid to be wrong for fear of tarnishing reputations.

He is not anyone really. Any normal person would not behave that way. If I venture a guess he is Milton from Office Space, and MLF stole his fisherman (the red stapler), and his goal is to burn them down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqxjRzzGn8k

Re: Grow the sport, just not on my land! [Re: Big O Florida] #13917091 03/10/21 02:46 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Big "O" is awesome, that fool has to be on shrooms or dropping acid!

Keep on keeping on and check out the pro staffer

#MFGA
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide