Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,962,002
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: grout-scout] #13912583 03/06/21 12:25 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Livescope is the greatest advancement in fishing ever. Unless they are buried up in hydrilla, they cannot hide. If will definitely make fishing tougher in the future due to educating the fish.

Totally. Weve seen how fishing has changed the offshore bite as the pressure increased with people being able to find them easier. Right now, they are targeting fish that normally never see a bait. In a couple years when a majority is chasing fish down with live sonar the fish will move and get smarter. Now, it will be fun till then.
As for the rules, it doesn't really bother me one way or the other. I think people, lots of people are already pushing for the rule, we just arent hearing about it. Theres to much money in big sponsorship for the big leagues to make a rule about them but I do believe you will see some local trails outlaw them.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: grout-scout] #13912633 03/06/21 01:11 AM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Livescope is the greatest advancement in fishing ever. Unless they are buried up in hydrilla, they cannot hide. If will definitely make fishing tougher in the future due to educating the fish.

They'll just come up with something the detects movement or detects a being that consumes oxygen... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Dan21XRS] #13912654 03/06/21 01:30 AM
sdavis24 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS

They'll just come up with something the detects movement or detects a being that consumes oxygen... Dan
But how much more difficult will it be to fool them to bite? Especially the FL strain

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13912722 03/06/21 02:18 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I hope they do not add any knee jerk rules and mess with things. Too many dumb rules now to "level" the playing the field. If they keep making new rules eventually the trophies will need to come with an asterisk.

Before anyone says I am saying that because i use it, I do not own a LS or other forward facing sonar unit and not sure I even want to at some point.

I agree with Mark. Trying to level the playing field by banning something isn’t the way to go. They should just give everybody the same boat, motor, electronics and tackle if they want a level playing field. That would be boring and draconian and it would kill the sport. A level playing field shouldn’t mean banning things, especially if that thing is available to everyone, which it is.

I seem to remember that this is how the early classics were handled.

It was how they were conducted. But they’re not anymore, and sponsorship would dry up, which is a big part of the angler’s incomes today.

That is kinda how the MLF Cup events are done no? BTW it looks like the guy in the Toyota is blowing it out, guy that was winning the Open fell to 3rd not sure if the new leader there is using livescope or not.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03/06/21 02:22 AM.
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: sdavis24] #13912729 03/06/21 02:25 AM
D
Dan21XRS Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by sdavis24
But how much more difficult will it be to fool them to bite? Especially the FL strain

They've got a pea sized brain... Just look at all the animals we've almost killed to the brink of extinction... Dan

Last edited by Dan21XRS; 03/06/21 02:26 AM.

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Dan21XRS] #13912873 03/06/21 06:14 AM
sdavis24 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

They've got a pea sized brain... Just look at all the animals we've almost killed to the brink of extinction... Dan

I don't think you appreciate how unskilled a fisherman I am

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: sdavis24] #13912912 03/06/21 11:53 AM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W

I don't think you appreciate how unskilled a fisherman I am

Lmao! Same

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13912923 03/06/21 12:29 PM
F
Fishspanker Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
For many situations it’s a game changer. It more likely some states ban it like they did the A-Rig. Could ban forward looking sonar?Hopefully not.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13913119 03/06/21 03:14 PM
Rockfisherman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Good article about this in In-Fisherman mag this last month

Personally, I don’t like it. Mainly because I can’t afford it.

Otherwise, it is here to stay. Tourneys and circuits and
Touring leagues will be interesting to see how they react
As the tech continues to evolve

I can see the pro circuits limiting it just like they limit tech
In golf (square grooves, ball specs, number of clubs in bag,
Shaft length, etc) or like racing with all the limitations and
requirements relating to design, engines, weight, etc

I also think it could potentially hurt local tourneys as they become
Top heavy to anglers who can afford it and use it and all the other
Joes, like myself just donate their entry fees to the “tech anglers”

With that being said, we could also see more specialized tourneys
added Like “no electronics derby’s”. Which could be additive and fun itself

You can’t put the genie back in the box, so the real question is how does the sport
Continue to adapt to the advancements over time.......

[Linked Image]
PM me to let me know how it was!
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Rockfisherman] #13913141 03/06/21 03:36 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Rockfisherman
Good article about this in In-Fisherman mag this last month

Personally, I don’t like it. Mainly because I can’t afford it.

Otherwise, it is here to stay. Tourneys and circuits and
Touring leagues will be interesting to see how they react
As the tech continues to evolve

I can see the pro circuits limiting it just like they limit tech
In golf (square grooves, ball specs, number of clubs in bag,
Shaft length, etc) or like racing with all the limitations and
requirements relating to design, engines, weight, etc

I also think it could potentially hurt local tourneys as they become
Top heavy to anglers who can afford it and use it and all the other
Joes, like myself just donate their entry fees to the “tech anglers”

With that being said, we could also see more specialized tourneys
added Like “no electronics derby’s”. Which could be additive and fun itself

You can’t put the genie back in the box, so the real question is how does the sport
Continue to adapt to the advancements over time.......

We call those old man derbies. I've already heard of some of those little clubs banning it from their tournaments.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03/06/21 03:36 PM.
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13913236 03/06/21 05:17 PM
Rockfisherman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Sweet!
Looks like I qualify for the old man derbies now!!

This will be awesome!

🤣🤣🤣

[Linked Image]
PM me to let me know how it was!
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: Mark Perry] #13913244 03/06/21 05:26 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I hope they do not add any knee jerk rules and mess with things. Too many dumb rules now to "level" the playing the field. If they keep making new rules eventually the trophies will need to come with an asterisk.

Before anyone says I am saying that because i use it, I do not own a LS or other forward facing sonar unit and not sure I even want to at some point.

I agree with Mark - let the fishermen use the technology available and let the one who brings the biggest bag of fish take the trophy.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13913279 03/06/21 06:15 PM
emorydog Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Another reason they should revoke any rule regarding no a-rigs and jet boats/ lower units. At the time many thought jet lower unit +/- $5000 was unfair to others, well not anymore with some with $15K worth of electronics. It’s now just what you choose to spend your money on. And the a-rig is legal with some limitations in Texas. Also when they are “sight fishing” with live scope it it mandatory the fish is caught in the mouth. I mean you see the fish live, and if you drive a jerkbait in its head and reel it in, is that theoretically the same as bedfish outside the mouth. Open it up to all legal methods I say.

weber
Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: SC-001] #13913302 03/06/21 06:55 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Eliminating practice would only give those who are the best with their electronics even more of an advantage.

For the pro leagues it will all take care of itself. People already hate watching the smallmouth events because all they see is guys staring down at their graphs. If viewership goes down you will see the rule changes.

Personally I just hate how expensive the sport got for weekend anglers. I do pretty well but I still cringe at what I might spend annually just fishing tournaments for fun.

Re: Livescope dominating tournaments, should practice be elminated, mystery lake option? [Re: emorydog] #13913303 03/06/21 06:56 PM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by emorydog
Another reason they should revoke any rule regarding no a-rigs and jet boats/ lower units. At the time many thought jet lower unit +/- $5000 was unfair to others, well not anymore with some with $15K worth of electronics. It’s now just what you choose to spend your money on. And the a-rig is legal with some limitations in Texas. Also when they are “sight fishing” with live scope it it mandatory the fish is caught in the mouth. I mean you see the fish live, and if you drive a jerkbait in its head and reel it in, is that theoretically the same as bedfish outside the mouth. Open it up to all legal methods I say.

If you can also see your lure on the screen than I agree, fish should be caught in the mouth to be legal, tournament or otherwise.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide