Forums59
Topics1,039,775
Posts13,970,183
Members144,217
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Frank the Tank] #13905816 02/28/21 10:28 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
dude, we get it, the BASS weigh in was busy and lot's more people than the take off for MLF. I was more saddened by the pro sponsored by Gaygan Squad baits than the lack of people at take off

Good guess Frank, and while fans are extremely important, that’s sadly not the answer. If it were, MLF’s problems wouldn’t be as severe as they seemingly are. The correct answer should concern their fans and anglers alike. I will narrow it down for everyone. 2 pictures, the MLF picture has two of this very important element to the organization and the sport, and the BASS has too many to count. What’s missing at MLF?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905818 02/28/21 10:29 PM
R
rbspots Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
redcrest: "BIGGER THAN THE CLASSIC"
We all heard it several years ago from the great one. So far.......only 2 for 3 in actually having an event. And they had to move this one out of the state that paid to have it. They are 0 for 3 in having an expo for sponsors and the industry to showcase their products. Not too good

Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: One fish Bill] #13905825 02/28/21 10:36 PM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by One fish Bill
You know you’ve been watching to much fishing when your wife calls a fish landing violation on Gussy for dropping a fish on the carpet. roflmao

LOL I thought Mark Menendez was going to have a stroke when they were doing the BTL watch party podcast last year for one of the elite events and one of the callers said the same thing roflmao

Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905826 02/28/21 10:41 PM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Nothing like a blowout meh, MLF 2 BASS 0 so far this year.

After the fredsbreast tournament, me thinks they should change what MLF stands for to “Most Lucky Fisherman” because they certainly don’t have things structured to reward the best angler for a championship tournament. When one dominates each day of a multi-day tournament, that’s more skill than luck. Kinda like what Thrift did... but look at where that got him in the MLF tournament.

Both formats have their drawbacks, you saw Thrift lose a big lead which was a shame and you saw a blowout today which was very anticlimactic. I will continue to watch both, sometimes BASS has the better event sometimes MLF, I enjoy the competition between the two.

Last edited by SC-001; 02/28/21 10:41 PM.
Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905842 02/28/21 10:53 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by SAKS
Can any of you astute anglers spot the differences between the super bowl of fishing and a run of the mill bass tournament? List the most important ones here. Study pictures carefully!

Can any of you MLF hating individuals understand that those of us that just love fishing don’t care about the differences.

Oh come on, MLF is always comparing itself to BASS and making bold statements, after all, according to their executives, the Redcrest is the “super bowl of bass fishing”. But that’s besides the point... what very important element to the sport is missing from one of those pictures? It’s highly reflective of the support the organization is or isn’t receiving.

It really isn’t that hard to see!

Once again I could care less. I have never attended a BASS weigh in or MLF trophy presentation. I never intend to either. I don’t care about what one tour says about the other. I just like the fishing.

Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905847 02/28/21 10:57 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
dude, we get it, the BASS weigh in was busy and lot's more people than the take off for MLF. I was more saddened by the pro sponsored by Gaygan Squad baits than the lack of people at take off

Good guess Frank, and while fans are extremely important, that’s sadly not the answer. If it were, MLF’s problems wouldn’t be as severe as they seemingly are. The correct answer should concern their fans and anglers alike. I will narrow it down for everyone. 2 pictures, the MLF picture has two of this very important element to the organization and the sport, and the BASS has too many to count. What’s missing at MLF?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

MLF has a LACK OF SPONSORS? BASS has more then they can count?

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905850 02/28/21 10:59 PM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
But if MLF has Johnny Morris and Old Weiner Sausage then how much more do they need? Johnny is R-I-C-H RICH RICH RICH!!

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Frank the Tank] #13905868 02/28/21 11:09 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bingo - That’s correct.... MLF had 2 - Bass Pro Shops and Wisconsin Sausage. I wouldn’t say more than BASS can count, but it was more being displayed that I cared to try and count for them.

It ain’t no wonder them boys have now been saddled with paying entry fees. The lack of sponsorship logo’s and brands being displayed in the most photographed area of the event is very telling about the lack of support MLF has from a sponsorship standpoint. Some might argue that’s a strong indication of financial and structural weakness, and it’s out there for anyone who knows what to look for, to see. Will they even survive the whole season?

Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905893 02/28/21 11:43 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I bet those endemic sponsors are paying small money to be there, but regardless I am glad they are there and I can watch both.

Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905895 02/28/21 11:46 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bingo - That’s correct.... MLF had 2 - Bass Pro Shops and Wisconsin Sausage. I wouldn’t say more than BASS can count, but it was more being displayed that I cared to try and count for them.

It ain’t no wonder them boys have now been saddled with paying entry fees. The lack of sponsorship logo’s and brands being displayed in the most photographed area of the event is very telling about the lack of support MLF has from a sponsorship standpoint. Some might argue that’s a strong indication of financial and structural weakness, and it’s out there for anyone who knows what to look for, to see. Will they even survive the whole season?

Your survival depends on it, what else would you talk about if mlf failed? Think about it, you are discussing mlf on a bass thread, definite proof we are under investing in mental health treatment in this country, I am sorry.

Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905951 03/01/21 12:37 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

Your survival depends on it, what else would you talk about if mlf failed? Think about it, you are discussing mlf on a bass thread, definite proof we are under investing in mental health treatment in this country, I am sorry.

My survival doesn’t depend on MLF... but I would argue the survival of those anglers who were promised no entry fee tournament fishing and the possibility of becoming a reality TV star, is possibly in jeopardy. The only ones who will make out in the failed venture are the multibillionaires atop the executive level org chart who collected and spent other people’s money, and got paid handsomely to do so at the same time.

Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905974 03/01/21 12:53 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

My survival doesn’t depend on MLF... but I would argue the survival of those anglers who were promised no entry fee tournament fishing and the possibility of becoming a reality TV star, is possibly in jeopardy. The only ones who will make out in the failed venture are the multibillionaires atop the executive level org chart who collected and spent other people’s money, and got paid handsomely to do so at the same time.

If Boyd tells you where your baseball is. Will you quit posting this nonsense on here

Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905980 03/01/21 12:57 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Thank goodness there wasn't a newbie screaming like a hilly billy whose trailer is on fire today.

#MFGA
Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905982 03/01/21 12:57 AM
F
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
roflmao I don't want these threads to stop

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Bassmasters Live - Tennessee River [Re: Big O Florida] #13905985 03/01/21 12:59 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I really enjoyed the coverage. I like how both deep and shallow was working. I usually get bored watching tge vertical fishing events but tbis one was better to me because it had variety.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide