Forums59
Topics1,039,346
Posts13,963,211
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: ERCOT revokes Griddy’s ability to operate in Texas [Re: outfishdya] #13906185 03/01/21 03:35 AM
T
Tsunami_1 Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by outfishdya
Creating a low supply to create a false demand during a natural disaster.
If it is not price gouging, it is anti trust

I'm lost. You're making it sound like someone requested the generation plants to shut down. Is this what you're saying or have I misinterpreted? I don't think they were asking anyone to hold back. They lost like 40,000MWH worth of generation due to cold temps. I'm sure ERCOT would have loved to of been able to recover that generation.

Re: ERCOT revokes Griddy’s ability to operate in Texas [Re: outfishdya] #13906222 03/01/21 04:12 AM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

I'm still with you on gouging, just show us/me that they "created a low supply". We need to see calculated steps they took in advance of this storm to create this problem.

Re: ERCOT revokes Griddy’s ability to operate in Texas [Re: Stump jumper] #13906251 03/01/21 05:01 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Stump jumper
Originally Posted by ReelBusy
Originally Posted by B52

Energy ogre makes you pay a yearly subscription.

Exactly and for something that is easy to do on your own. People in the city of Fate have formed a little power group. They send me emails every year and claim savings. I can always beat them on Power to Chose just like I easil beat Energy Ogre. When I heard about the Griddy emails I checked rates. They were up significantly and there were a limited number of plans available in my area. Rates are back down now and plans have tripled.

How do you know you beat Energy Ogre if you are not signed up?

I have checked their rates and neighbor is on them. Plus they charge $10 per month for their service. I am not willing to pay $120/year for something that might take me 10 minutes to do myself. Ogre has a cost and not for everyone. I equate it to people that pay for a tax service when they have a simple tax return. I have to add that for someone that averages 1500 kwh/month Ogre makes less sense then someone that uses 3000.

You’ve checked Energy Ogre’s rates? They don’t have rates. They’re not a provider. They find rates for you, in real time, from every available provider. You pay $10 a month for them to find the best rate, with every available provider (ones I’ve never heard of, like Midwest Energy Company and Eligio, which are two providers I’ve had because EO found them for me).

I’m not saying it’s for everyone. I’m just saying EO works for me, because they cut my electric bill in half for $10 a month. Which means I’m paying $120 a year to save $150 a month in the summer, and I don’t have to remember or worry about switching at any point during the contract. Less than one month and Energy Ogre pays for itself. Plus, it saves me from even having to think about my electric rate, finding one, signing up for it, making sure my bill is paid, and EO has incredible customer service and will answer my email within a day and take care of whatever issue I have with the provider. It’s a brokerage/concierge service all in one.

But you haven’t checked Energy Ogre’s rates, because they have no rates. They find the rates for you in real time.

[Linked Image]
Re: ERCOT revokes Griddy’s ability to operate in Texas [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13906298 03/01/21 11:58 AM
T
Tsunami_1 Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
T
Energy Ogre sounds like the wife I've never been able to find.

Re: ERCOT revokes Griddy’s ability to operate in Texas [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13906327 03/01/21 12:48 PM
S
Stump jumper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by ReelBusy
Originally Posted by B52

How do you know you beat Energy Ogre if you are not signed up?

I have checked their rates and neighbor is on them. Plus they charge $10 per month for their service. I am not willing to pay $120/year for something that might take me 10 minutes to do myself. Ogre has a cost and not for everyone. I equate it to people that pay for a tax service when they have a simple tax return. I have to add that for someone that averages 1500 kwh/month Ogre makes less sense then someone that uses 3000.

You’ve checked Energy Ogre’s rates? They don’t have rates. They’re not a provider. They find rates for you, in real time, from every available provider. You pay $10 a month for them to find the best rate, with every available provider (ones I’ve never heard of, like Midwest Energy Company and Eligio, which are two providers I’ve had because EO found them for me).

I’m not saying it’s for everyone. I’m just saying EO works for me, because they cut my electric bill in half for $10 a month. Which means I’m paying $120 a year to save $150 a month in the summer, and I don’t have to remember or worry about switching at any point during the contract. Less than one month and Energy Ogre pays for itself. Plus, it saves me from even having to think about my electric rate, finding one, signing up for it, making sure my bill is paid, and EO has incredible customer service and will answer my email within a day and take care of whatever issue I have with the provider. It’s a brokerage/concierge service all in one.

But you haven’t checked Energy Ogre’s rates, because they have no rates. They find the rates for you in real time.

If Ogre saved you that much money then you were like a lot of people and paying too much. You can reject any offer within 3 days of getting the email. My neighbor pays almost 15% more then I do. We switched REPs the same month. Making sure my bill is paid is NP with my provider. Ogre is a fixed cost and if you are a big user it might make sense. Like I stated in a previous post Ogre might make sense for big users. They compare your rate to current rates and switch you if payback is favorable after considering termination fees. If you use 3000 kwh monthly versus someone using 1500 your payback period is half. Timing is also important. You may not want to switch prior to low usage months. The payback calculation is a simple one. I do it from time to time and have switched myself when it makes sense.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: ERCOT revokes Griddy’s ability to operate in Texas [Re: grandbassslayer] #13906495 03/01/21 03:39 PM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

I'm still with you on gouging, just show us/me that they "created a low supply". We need to see calculated steps they took in advance of this storm to create this problem.

If not directly by stopping plants from running (we don't know what role they had in this) then by negligence and lack of due diligence causing the shortage. Then the utility commish gets together and colludes to raise the costs to the ceiling. (anti trust)
lots of questionable actions, and I do not put this all on ERCOT.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide