Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: Josh Jones [Re: Big hoss] #13898694 02/23/21 05:10 AM
skeeter75 Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Big hoss
Originally Posted by sprigsss
I don’t get all the hate.

He is not the only one on that lake with Livescope. Last I checked A-rigs can be purchased at almost any store that sells tackle. Yet no one else I’m aware of has come close to doing what he has done the last few days. Maybe the guy is just that good.

The good news is a huge percentage of these fish will likely be inaccessible when they move up to spawn. There is so much water on that lake that is nearly impossible to get a bass boat in.

I’m also fairly certain he is targeting fish that are as lost completely unpressured.

Sure people will go to the lake and certainly have some great days, some will struggle, but I doubt anyone replicates what these guys have done.

In his defense, I also don’t think he was the one putting “Ivie” all over social media.

Those fish he is catching now can be caught when they move up I would be willing to bet . A lot of the fish in Ivie spawn in 12-15 ft of water . They all don’t go up on the bank .

You are correct. The fish they’re catching now are 20 plus foot of water. All I’m saying take care of them! Not arguing at all. I loose respect for anyone that haul fish around for an extra click. The fish pay for everyone’s extra click. I know it happens everywhere now. No matter if they’re catching 2lbers. Sucks. Media

PB: 14.22 Ivie
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Josh Jones [Re: skeeter75] #13898704 02/23/21 05:40 AM
H
Hunter's Dad Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
H
Originally Posted by skeeter75

He is not the only one on that lake with Livescope. Last I checked A-rigs can be purchased at almost any store that sells tackle. Yet no one else I’m aware of has come close to doing what he has done the last few days. Maybe the guy is just that good.

The good news is a huge percentage of these fish will likely be inaccessible when they move up to spawn. There is so much water on that lake that is nearly impossible to get a bass boat in.

I’m also fairly certain he is targeting fish that are as lost completely unpressured.

Sure people will go to the lake and certainly have some great days, some will struggle, but I doubt anyone replicates what these guys have done.

In his defense, I also don’t think he was the one putting “Ivie” all over social media.

Those fish he is catching now can be caught when they move up I would be willing to bet . A lot of the fish in Ivie spawn in 12-15 ft of water . They all don’t go up on the bank .

You are correct. The fish they’re catching now are 20 plus foot of water. All I’m saying take care of them! Not arguing at all. I loose respect for anyone that haul fish around for an extra click. The fish pay for everyone’s extra click. I know it happens everywhere now. No matter if they’re catching 2lbers. Sucks. Media

It may be hard for some to understand but there is a lot of value in that extra click for some folks. I do respect folks that can make a living doing something they love. Big difference in hauling fish around this time of year versus summer months. I can pretty much keep a 5 pounder alive in a 5 gallon bucket all day right now.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: skeeter75] #13898705 02/23/21 05:40 AM
B
Big hoss Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I know you know that lake just about as good as anyone does Brian. I agree they need to take care of the these fish . Weigh them take a few pictures and throw them back in the water. And if you think you have caught at 13,and you want to donate her go up to the ramp and get her took care of as quickly as you can so hopefully she does stay alive and healthy and maybe returned back into the lake after she has spawned in Athens. Like a couple of the other SAL that has come out of Ivie have done.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: skeeter75] #13898713 02/23/21 06:08 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by skeeter75

I see very little, if any, difference in you making $9,000 off your fish and him making money off “clicks” (video views). Your fish (and every fish brought to a weigh in) pay for people having a fishing tournament. This seems very hypocritical.

[Linked Image]
Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13898729 02/23/21 10:58 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Guys just mad when someone shows them something that's right in front of their face this whole time. It's not like anyone else has been out their executing on that level.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13898731 02/23/21 11:13 AM
S
Stroker XS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
No hater here. I enjoy watching someone that has spent the time and hard work that figure something out! Hats off to you Mr Jones! The thing I have a problem with is when I’ve spent my time and hard earned money to find fish and some sorry sob comes way out of the way to mark your spot. I wish grenades were legal in fishing.

Stroker 250xs
[Linked Image]
Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13898758 02/23/21 12:24 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
This dude is a flat out live scope stud. You west Texas guys and Ivie regulars should be mad, an ole long haired Okie had to come to your lake and show yall how its done. roflmao

Re: Josh Jones [Re: buda13] #13898769 02/23/21 12:39 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by buda13
This dude is a flat out live scope stud. You west Texas guys and Ivie regulars should be mad, an ole long haired Okie had to come to your lake and show yall how its done. roflmao

How do you know we hadn’t been doing it, because we don’t post it up and show the world?

Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13898773 02/23/21 12:44 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Dang, this is bonkers. Dude is catching some giants. Good for him.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Josh Jones [Re: patriot07] #13898776 02/23/21 12:50 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by patriot07
Dang, this is bonkers. Dude is catching some giants. Good for him.

Nah. Not bonkers! It’s typical. roflmao
The only locals I’ve seen cry worse than this bunch of whiners is the Waco crowd. bolt

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13898781 02/23/21 12:56 PM
Tjbev13 Offline
Angler
Angler
The hate in here is just unreal roflmao

This guy isnt new news, he didnt just come out of the woodwork last night and catch a SAL at Ivie with livescope. He pioneered the bass fishing livescope game, well before the day of the Patrick Walters (and we've all seen was hes capable of)

I first stumbled across Josh on his facebook years back when he had livescope just installed. He had a buddy jump in the water to show you can see him swimming in real time. I showed everyone that video! Watching him progress and figure out how to adapt it to bass fishing is great stuff!

Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13898790 02/23/21 01:05 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I think he needs a haircut in a bad way!
Other than that good for him.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: KsChampion198] #13898795 02/23/21 01:08 PM
B
bassmasterok01 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by KsChampion198
He's a hammer for sure. There is a place in Oklahoma that he has caught the huge majority of his big fish. He says it's public but I doubt it is. He was on one of Jimmy Houston's shows with him on that body of water and there was never a boat on it. Nor was there a boat in any of the backgrounds of his dozens and dozens of pictures. Now, I'm not hating but alot of those giants are coming out of small water with zero people fishing it. Again, he's a beast fisherman....

He is fishing public waters........ The lake you are referring to was built in the early 80's with the intent of making it into a "trophy lake" Back when it first opened, it was literally bumper boats on the water. The LMBV showed its ugly head twice there with massive fish kills and then it became and after thought.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: txsuperman] #13898804 02/23/21 01:15 PM
K
KsChampion198 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Originally Posted by txsuperman
Originally Posted by KsChampion198
He's a hammer for sure. There is a place in Oklahoma that he has caught the huge majority of his big fish. He says it's public but I doubt it is. He was on one of Jimmy Houston's shows with him on that body of water and there was never a boat on it. Nor was there a boat in any of the backgrounds of his dozens and dozens of pictures. Now, I'm not hating but alot of those giants are coming out of small water with zero people fishing it. Again, he's a beast fisherman....

I've actually taken a trip with him on two different lakes. He showed us pics of his big fish, showed us where several were caught, and without a doubt they are public lakes. Since booking the trip with him I stay in touch and have referred 7 other friends that have taken trips with him. They have all been on public lakes and 3 different ones than what we fished. Same story. His fish are legit. I'm not going to name the lakes, but i assure you they are big enough for any bass tournament to be held on.

Thanks for the clarity. I hope I did not come off as a jerk or anything, that was not my intention at all. He seems like a genuine dude. He's a hawg snatcher for sure.

Re: Josh Jones [Re: G Love] #13898814 02/23/21 01:20 PM
J
Jpurdue Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
I'm just excited somebody might have cracked the code on an untapped population of giant bass. We've all day dreamed about the giants that suspend out in open water, spawn in the tops of trees, and never see lures. Many of the huge bass John Hope tracked behaved just this way. The only time they were ever caught, if at all, was during the spawn. Why? Because fishing for suspended bass is wicked tough and everyone prefers to pound the bank.

I hope these phantoms are real and livescope helps more of them materialize! How cool would it be to start seeing lake records being made again!

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide