Page 1 of 2 1 2
RHBC February update! #13877934 02/08/21 12:08 AM
S
SoCal Tom Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Unfortunately just like last month we are not going to be having our normally scheduled meeting this week. The good news is the Covid numbers are going in the right direction and more people are getting vaccinated so hopefully we can get together in March? We shall see. If you are a former Club member, an e-mail was sent out to detailing ways to register with the Club for 2021 without coming to a meeting. That being said, I will be at Bass Pro in Garland this coming Thursday evening, February 11th from 6:30-7:30 to take memberships for ALL NEW members, or returning members if you would rather register in person. We ask that you be masked and keep to all state regulations for distancing to do this safely. Membership costs $30.00 and you can pay by cash or check made out to Ray Hubbard Bass Club. A membership lasts a calendar year (Jan 1-Dec 31) and includes your entire immediate family. I will be downstairs in the boat sales area. Last month I was to the left of the boat sales counter towards the back. Look for me there. Again, if you are going to be a NEW member, you must come to BPS to sign up. PM or e-mail me with any questions.

Our first tournament of the year will be this coming Saturday February 13th on Lake Palestine. Registration/Live Well Check and weigh in will be held at Lake Palestine Resort. Registration will start at 5:15AM in the office. First cast will be at 6:45. Lines out at 3:00 and your chip back on the board at Lake Palestine Resort by 3:30. Weigh in will begin at that time. Remember, once you have registered and had your livewell checked, you may trailer to a ramp of your choice. A detailed tournament announcement is right here in the Bass Clubs section. If you have been weather watching, you know it's going to be COLD this Saturday. Come prepared for it.

Because of a scheduling conflict that was noted after the schedule was announced, we have had to flip flop our March and April tournaments. Cedar Creek is now on Saturday March 13th going out of Log Cabin ramp. Registration will start at 5:00AM with first cast at 6:15AM. Lines are out at 3:00. Your chip must be on the board by 3:30 and weigh in will begin at that time. Our Lake Lewisville tournament has been scheduled for Saturday April 10th. Again, all out other Club business that we would normally do at a meeting is shelved at this time. Let me know if you have any questions or need more info. PM me here or e-mail at tomnali2@sbcglobal.net. See you on frigid Palestine!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SoCal Tom] #13879849 02/09/21 01:06 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
New members, if you want to fish Palestine, I'll see you on Thursday between 6:30-7:30!

President

Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SoCal Tom] #13879925 02/09/21 02:11 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
just placed my Vegas bet ": $20 bet on Garrett and Bobby ! same spot, same lures, same weather! Get em guys! Stay safe and warm! See yall at the next one!

Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #13880035 02/09/21 03:26 PM
DblTFishHunt Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
HaHa, Thanks Ronnie, you just jinxed us!! We'll see....same spot(s), same baits, same weather probably yes....now if the fish are still there and want to eat, probably not!!. I'm getting to old for this weather and trying to convince Garrett to skip it but I'm not being very successful, lol! Does seem like every other tournament (CAST and Team Bass) out there this weekend have cancelled theirs. When do you get your motor back?

Re: RHBC February update! [Re: DblTFishHunt] #13880387 02/09/21 07:36 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted by DblTFishHunt
HaHa, Thanks Ronnie, you just jinxed us!! We'll see....same spot(s), same baits, same weather probably yes....now if the fish are still there and want to eat, probably not!!. I'm getting to old for this weather and trying to convince Garrett to skip it but I'm not being very successful, lol! Does seem like every other tournament (CAST and Team Bass) out there this weekend have cancelled theirs. When do you get your motor back?

it's back, but not mounted yet. Going to do that tomorrow. I ran new connections on the batts, new fuel and oil lines, new battery hold downs, and wiring for the new hydraulic jackplate I installed. I am hoping to get the motor mounted tomorrow and spend the next few cold days in the heated garage hooking it all up and double checking everything. The hull had 5 impacts on it, 3 were leaking. Classic Fiberglass fixed me up on that part. Ive heard the motor run on the JTM Outboards facebook page and it sounds mean. I cant wait to get it together and run it.

Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SoCal Tom] #13880943 02/10/21 03:41 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
I'm probably out on this one myself. Unfortunately... Just too much for me for the drive down there and freezing my whatever off. We need to change the rules so that cold winter tournaments start at 10am or later and run till 6pm, try and get a little warmer! We shift in the summer or those birds that can't handle the heat. roflmao

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: RHBC February update! [Re: David Burton] #13880967 02/10/21 03:55 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by David Burton
I'm probably out on this one myself. Unfortunately... Just too much for me for the drive down there and freezing my whatever off. We need to change the rules so that cold winter tournaments start at 10am or later and run till 6pm, try and get a little warmer! We shift in the summer or those birds that can't handle the heat. roflmao

I have advocated for many years our colder tournaments started at 9-10 and go to 5-6. No idea why the idea has never been considered.

#MFGA
Re: RHBC February update! [Re: Douglas J] #13880997 02/10/21 04:16 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Douglas J

I have advocated for many years our colder tournaments started at 9-10 and go to 5-6. No idea why the idea has never been considered.

The idea has never once been brought up at a Rules meeting. You can't fish until 5-6 this time of year because it's dark. Our rules state other than summer tournaments we fish from safe light to a time of our choosing. Come to the rules meeting and bring it up, and if the majority votes for it, it can be changed. As for Saturday. it's going to be 31 degrees at the start of the day and 39 at the end. Don't go by Dallas temps. Same temperatures we fished in two years ago. It's why we buy all that cold weather gear. See you there. Or not. Personal decision

President

Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SoCal Tom] #13881019 02/10/21 04:42 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by SoCal Tom

The idea has never once been brought up at a Rules meeting. You can't fish until 5-6 this time of year because it's dark. Our rules state other than summer tournaments we fish from safe light to a time of our choosing. Come to the rules meeting and bring it up, and if the majority votes for it, it can be changed. As for Saturday. it's going to be 31 degrees at the start of the day and 39 at the end. Don't go by Dallas temps. Same temperatures we fished in two years ago. It's why we buy all that cold weather gear. See you there. Or not. Personal decision

I actually did bring it up. Tried to just leave it to the Board, it just didn't come across correctly in the discussions and I didn't have my notes! blablabla

Sunset is after 6, so at 6:30pm you'd be just on the other end of Civil Twilight, so it would work... But would still be cold.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SoCal Tom] #13881244 02/10/21 01:43 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by SoCal Tom

I brought it up 3 years in a row when we voted on starting times in February. It's not a huge deal.

You forgot the windchill, winds from 10-20 NNE with temps never getting out of the 30's. Windchill will be in the teens, BRRRRR. Y'all stay safe.

#MFGA
Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SoCal Tom] #13881611 02/10/21 05:49 PM
EastTexasBassin Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
I'll be there. I may not catch a fish but I'm sure gonna try. I'm gonna be layered up so thick I'll barely be able to move.

Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SoCal Tom] #13881706 02/10/21 06:28 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
Tough to keep a Texas fisherman at home, but I believe the weather may do it.

Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SoCal Tom] #13881920 02/10/21 08:31 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
The Officers of RHBC have voted to postpone this Saturday's tournament due to safety concerns with the incoming weather. We will reschedule it for later this year at a date that our members will decide. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I will still be at Bass Pro on Thursday evening taking memberships and answering any questions you may have. 6:30-7:30 downstairs in the boat area

President

Re: RHBC February update! [Re: SoCal Tom] #13881931 02/10/21 08:45 PM
M
Matt Jackson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I guess I'll put my full face motorcycle helmet back up.....

Re: RHBC February update! [Re: EastTexasBassin] #13881961 02/10/21 09:01 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by EastTexasBassin
I'll be there. I may not catch a fish but I'm sure gonna try. I'm gonna be layered up so thick I'll barely be able to move.

thumb

#MFGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide