Print Thread
Bolivar-Green Tide Surf Fishing #13875057 02/05/21 04:05 PM
T
TheFluke215 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
Seems like a year since I’ve posted. Just wanted to give a little update. Green Tide Surf Fishing had a heck of year in 2020. I ended up doing over 140 trips with customers. My customers caught 96 sharks from the beach and countless bull reds. Lots of customers caught their “first” or personal best last year and it’s already started this year too. I get weird looks by some folks when I tell them what I do but to me and a lot of others it makes perfectly good sense. If someone is interested in getting into surf fishing, there’s more to it than throwing a bait from the sand and hoping you catch. Surf fishing is a lot harder than a lot of people think, but there is ways to break it all down to give yourself a chance at a monster fish and not just hardheads. Also, why would one go out and spend a ton of money on a type of fishing they’ve never done and not sure they’ll enjoy? That’s where I come into play. One can book me for a day, we use all my gear, I do all the work, I provide 25 years worth of surf fishing knowledge, teach leader building, cast netting, casting a long rod, tidal information, different locations to fish based on conditions, and then when the fish bite, they get to catch it. Anyhow, we’ve been catching some fat bull reds lately from the sand. They’re ranging from 36-44” and almost all are biting fresh bait. As in catch a whiting, croaker or mullet; cut it, put it on a hook and get it in the water. Most fish are coming from 150-300 yards out. Very thankful to have a drone to get my bait to those distances so I’m not having to get in the water. Water temps have been ranging from 57-59 degrees lately. Grass is pretty thick on incoming tides. Almost all of the fish were catching are biting as soon as the tides switch. This time of year, I’m not looking to catch quantity due to the fish not being bunched up. However, the fish were catching aren’t lacking quality by no means. Sharks are non existent right now due to water temps. Once water temps get back in mid to upper 60’s they may start coming towards shore a little more. Once the water temps stabilize at 70, they’ll get more active as will other fish we’re targeting. Anyways, if you haven’t had the chance to check out Green Tide Surf Fishing’s Facebook or Instagram yet, please take a look. Please like and share and book a trip if you’re planning on visiting Bolivar Peninsula soon. Tight lines and God Bless! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Bolivar-Green Tide Surf Fishing [Re: TheFluke215] #13875178 02/05/21 05:18 PM
A
atx_ben Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
A good friend of mine mentioned that Bolivar was much better for sharking than Galveston or Surfside -- we grew up near SLP on the west end of Galveston, and caught tons of blacktips in the 6 foot range, kayaking about 500ish yds off shore.

He caught a 9 foot Lemon and an 8 foot bull on Bolivar last year, and consistently catches bigger sharks out there. We/he does know a whole bunch more about catching big sharks these days, but his sense is still that the sharks are generally bigger in Bolivar.

Any ideas why? Do you get a ton less fishing pressure there? Or less traffic on the beach brings bait closer in?

Great pics, btw.

Re: Bolivar-Green Tide Surf Fishing [Re: TheFluke215] #13875208 02/05/21 05:34 PM
T
TheFluke215 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
T
From McFadden to Galveston is one of the shallowest areas on the Texas coast. Them big lemons come up in June to spawn. The blacktips are spawning in May in the shallows so the big bulls come into feed on the blacktip pups. We get a ton of pressure here depending on where you fish. There’s some places though that don’t receive a lot of pressure and generally those places can be better. McFadden Beach is one of those areas. Extremely rugged terrain and hard to navigate at high tide so people don’t congregate like they do at Crystal Beach.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide