Forums59
Topics1,039,340
Posts13,963,123
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Hard Rain] #13873981 02/04/21 07:56 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased OP
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Hard Rain
I thought you had to be 65 or have one of the listed medical issues? I will be 65 in 3 weeks I have not even gotten on any lists yet waiting until I turn 65.

hmmm

The Denton one yes. True. but the list of medical conditions that would qualify you is pretty long. not talking smack but a lot of guys on here would probably qualify just based on their BMI. Having asthma hypertension being overweight having had any sort of cancer... It's a long list of things that would qualify you. Of course if you got the HIV from Derek that would qualify you

My understanding is the Collin county one that they just started a few days ago is taking anyone who wants to sign up. however the website has pretty much been constantly crashed since they rolled it out.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13873982 02/04/21 07:58 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
I thought you had to be 65 or have one of the listed medical issues? I will be 65 in 3 weeks I have not even gotten on any lists yet waiting until I turn 65.

hmmm

The Denton one yes. True. but the list of medical conditions that would qualify you is pretty long. not talking smack but a lot of guys on here would probably qualify just based on their BMI. Having asthma hypertension being overweight having had any sort of cancer... It's a long list of things that would qualify you. Of course if you got the HIV from Derek that would qualify you

My understanding is the Collin county one that they just started a few days ago is taking anyone who wants to sign up. however the website has pretty much been constantly crashed since they rolled it out.

Asthma doesn't qualify people in every county. It seems to be a bit of a 'we'll let the county decide' type deal. Otherwise, I'd have been able to get my 16 year old nephew a shot. He has severe asthma, so it was very concerning when his dad caught Covid.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: LoneStarSon] #13873993 02/04/21 08:02 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

hmmm

Medical issues, yes. Age, yes. Or one of the listed professions. Those are the qualifiers.

If you have a medical condition, you can get it between the ages of 18-65 for Moderna and 16 to 65 for Pfizer.

I have Ulcerative Colitis which is an auto immune issue but did not see anything on the list that would make me think that would quality me to jump line so I will wait and let folks who have qualified get their shot.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13873994 02/04/21 08:03 PM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I wonder how many healthy folks fake a condition in order to get it.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Hard Rain] #13874005 02/04/21 08:08 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L

hmmm

Medical issues, yes. Age, yes. Or one of the listed professions. Those are the qualifiers.

If you have a medical condition, you can get it between the ages of 18-65 for Moderna and 16 to 65 for Pfizer.

I have Ulcerative Colitis which is an auto immune issue but did not see anything on the list that would make me think that would quality me to jump line so I will wait and let folks who have qualified get their shot.

I appreciate that. I qualified under healthcare worker, but waited until those that work in hospitals, EMTs, etc. were able to get theirs. My biggest concern was the fact that I have a lot of clients with autoimmune issues and/or are elderly. I did not want to potentially harm them. We've all gotten our second doses, I was the last one of us to get the vaccine.

If you're on Humira, or another immune suppressant, you should qualify.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Moto-Moto] #13874013 02/04/21 08:10 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L
Originally Posted by Moto-Moto

I know physicians and some pharmacies are actually asking for some sort of proof for health conditions, but from what I have read in a Facebook group seeking Covid vaccines, not all the hubs are checking those qualifiers. It's sad that people would try to cut in line like that, but when you see politicians doing it, and rich people hiring private planes to fly across country to get it, it's no surprise.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13874016 02/04/21 08:11 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
^^^Definitely not on Humira thankfully just mid level drugs keep mine in remission.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: LoneStarSon] #13874020 02/04/21 08:12 PM
Hard Rain Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru

I know physicians and some pharmacies are actually asking for some sort of proof for health conditions, but from what I have read in a Facebook group seeking Covid vaccines, not all the hubs are checking those qualifiers. It's sad that people would try to cut in line like that, but when you see politicians doing it, and rich people hiring private planes to fly across country to get it, it's no surprise.

In today’s me first society it is most definitely no surprise.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Hard Rain] #13874029 02/04/21 08:21 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L
^^^Definitely not on Humira thankfully just mid level drugs keep mine in remission.

I'm glad you're able to control yours without the stouter drugs. I'm amazed at how many people in their late teens and early 20's have UC.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: LoneStarSon] #13874032 02/04/21 08:23 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan

I thought about that as well. And anticipated being asked to show some sort of documentation so I brought my medical records... A note from my doctor basically.

However nobody did ask to validate that.

Then I thought about how being overweight is a qualifier as is hypertension and right there that made me think well heck that's 70% of the country I'd guess.

I have a friend in Utah she was telling me that their vaccinating anybody who wants it. Going with the every shot in an arm makes the whole population safer kind of methodology.

I would bet when the Johnson & Johnson product comes online it's going to be pretty wide open for everyone who wants one. I also hear they're very close to actually getting the thing with the CVS and Walgreens rolled out. That will definitely be helpful. It for sure crossed my mind that it's easy enough for me to take a day off work and drive myself all the way out to the speedway but that's not necessarily an option for everyone. Getting these at your neighborhood pharmacy would be ideal for a lot of people hopefully this goes down very soon.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13874034 02/04/21 08:27 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
Private Dancer
Private Dancer
L

I thought about that as well. And anticipated being asked to show some sort of documentation so I brought my medical records... A note from my doctor basically.

However nobody did ask to validate that.

Then I thought about how being overweight is a qualifier as is hypertension and right there that made me think will heck that's 70% of the country I'd guess.

I have a friend in Utah she was telling me that their vaccinating anybody who wants it. Going with the every shot in an arm makes the whole population safer kind of methodology.

I would bet when the Johnson & Johnson product comes online it's going to be pretty wide open for everyone who wants one. I also hear they're very close to actually getting the thing with the CVS and Walgreens rolled out. That will definitely be helpful. I crossed my mind that it's easy enough for me to take a day off work and drive myself all the way out to the speedway but that's not necessarily an option for everyone. Getting these at your neighborhood pharmacy would be ideal for a lot of people hopefully this goes down very soon.

CVS is supposed to start taking appointments on Monday at 9:00 a.m. through their website.

I was glad to be able to go to my local Kroger and get it. Much easier and I felt like I would get the attention I needed if I did have a severe reaction. Plus, the Cleburne Kroger is a bit like a baby Walmart for people watching.
scared

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13874035 02/04/21 08:28 PM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Nathaniel, you're a perfect specimen of good health. How did you get the vaccine? These portals won't even allow me to sign up on waiting lists. Anybody got the inside track for a little "under the table" handoff?

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13874037 02/04/21 08:31 PM
Derek ðŸ Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees

hmmm

Is middle aged, ugly, dumb, bald with no bright future considered a medical condition that would move someone to the front of the line?

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: COFF] #13874040 02/04/21 08:33 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by COFF
My neighbor got his earlier this week and said the same thing. Said it was the most well organized mass line he has ever seen.

My neighbor said that some guy named Jim Jones was pretty good at organizing mass lines. I have no idea what he’s talking about.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. [Re: Okie Poke] #13874045 02/04/21 08:39 PM
Jr Deputy Dan
OP Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Nathaniel, you're a perfect specimen of good health. How did you get the vaccine? These portals won't even allow me to sign up on waiting lists. Anybody got the inside track for a little "under the table" handoff?

I'm going to take this review of my current health situation to my doctor and tell her to get off my back already lol.

She's under the impression that I have severe hypertension!?! Unfortunately it runs in the family and even with medication is not always well controlled.

Don't be misled by my Adonis like physique.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide