Texas Fishing Forum

Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway.

Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:23 PM

Lone Star Son helped me out with finding some information about vaccination sign ups.

Got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today out at the Texas motor speedway. Denton county is definitely doing this right. The whole process including the 15 minute mandatory wait took 20 minutes.

Props to all the Firefighters, EMTs, Police Officers, volunteers and the motor speedway staff for getting this thing done in such an organized and thought out manner. Was smooth like butta.

Everyone is quick to complain when government and public agencies are inept... So I think it's important to give props when they do something well. I even told that to the cop I was chatting with while doing the mandatory wait.

Posted By: CCTX

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:26 PM

On a scale of 0-10; how were the nurses?
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:28 PM

Way to go Denton County
Posted By: COFF

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:30 PM

My neighbor got his earlier this week and said the same thing. Said it was the most well organized mass line he has ever seen.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:32 PM

I'm very glad it worked out for you. The rollout has definitely had some issues on the Federal and State levels, but it seems like some counties, like Tarrant and Denton, are doing a good job.

I had a client tell me yesterday they had been looking for 5 weeks to get their parents that are in their mid-70's the shot. I got them the information to get on a waitlist. Hopefully, they'll get it soon.

My sister was able to submit her name today for a spot out of 50 for her ISD. I'm hoping she gets in. She's the last of my family members that I need to get it soon so we can start having family functions again without me worrying I'm going to inadvertently take something to one of them that kills 'em.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:35 PM

Outstanding!

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

Trick question because they were all bruhs. The dude who shot me up appeared to be a firefighter from The Colony based on his uniform.

I mean I guess he was kind of hunky... I didn't see him for very long. Literally rolled down the window they jab it in your arm and you pull forward.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Trick question because they were all bruhs. The dude who shot me up appeared to be a firefighter from The Colony based on his uniform.

I mean I guess he was kind of hunky... I didn't see him for very long. Literally rolled down the window they jab it in your arm and you pull forward.

Might have been my cousin. He's a firefighter there.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
I'm very glad it worked out for you. The rollout has definitely had some issues on the Federal and State levels, but it seems like some counties, like Tarrant and Denton, are doing a good job.

I had a client tell me yesterday they had been looking for 5 weeks to get their parents that are in their mid-70's the shot. I got them the information to get on a waitlist. Hopefully, they'll get it soon.

My sister was able to submit her name today for a spot out of 50 for her ISD. I'm hoping she gets in. She's the last of my family members that I need to get it soon so we can start having family functions again without me worrying I'm going to inadvertently take something to one of them that kills 'em.

I hope that works out for you man. oh and my mom is getting hers tomorrow morning. the wife is too young and healthy she doesn't really qualify just yet hopefully in another month or two.

Thanks again for sending me that information very helpful.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:45 PM

can't figure out how some of you have already gotten a second shot and my 84 year old father was told they will contact him.
he's heard nothing.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:45 PM

I hope that works out for you man. oh and my mom is getting hers tomorrow morning. the wife is too young and healthy she doesn't really qualify just yet hopefully in another month or two.

Thanks again for sending me that information very helpful.

You're welcome, I'm happy to help. My sister has been a bit stubborn about getting the shot, but after her husband was diagnosed with it, she has come around...otherwise, I'd have already had her on a list. My mom gets her second dose tomorrow morning....

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
can't figure out how some of you have already gotten a second shot and my 84 year old father was told they will contact him.
he's heard nothing.

Where does he live?

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:46 PM

Might have been my cousin. He's a firefighter there.

If he was out there this morning it's very possible!

There were firefighters and police from all over Denton county. Tell him I said thank you...definitely a relief to start getting this thing behind us. And it's nice to see it's a big team effort. That's the only way we're going to get this done.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:49 PM

I thought you had to be 65 or have one of the listed medical issues? I will be 65 in 3 weeks I have not even gotten on any lists yet waiting until I turn 65.

hmmm

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hard Rain
I thought you had to be 65 or have one of the listed medical issues? I will be 65 in 3 weeks I have not even gotten on any lists yet waiting until I turn 65.

hmmm

Medical issues, yes. Age, yes. Or one of the listed professions. Those are the qualifiers.

If you have a medical condition, you can get it between the ages of 18-65 for Moderna and 16 to 65 for Pfizer.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:56 PM

hmmm

The Denton one yes. True. but the list of medical conditions that would qualify you is pretty long. not talking smack but a lot of guys on here would probably qualify just based on their BMI. Having asthma hypertension being overweight having had any sort of cancer... It's a long list of things that would qualify you. Of course if you got the HIV from Derek that would qualify you

My understanding is the Collin county one that they just started a few days ago is taking anyone who wants to sign up. however the website has pretty much been constantly crashed since they rolled it out.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 07:58 PM

hmmm

The Denton one yes. True. but the list of medical conditions that would qualify you is pretty long. not talking smack but a lot of guys on here would probably qualify just based on their BMI. Having asthma hypertension being overweight having had any sort of cancer... It's a long list of things that would qualify you. Of course if you got the HIV from Derek that would qualify you

My understanding is the Collin county one that they just started a few days ago is taking anyone who wants to sign up. however the website has pretty much been constantly crashed since they rolled it out.

Asthma doesn't qualify people in every county. It seems to be a bit of a 'we'll let the county decide' type deal. Otherwise, I'd have been able to get my 16 year old nephew a shot. He has severe asthma, so it was very concerning when his dad caught Covid.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:02 PM

hmmm

Medical issues, yes. Age, yes. Or one of the listed professions. Those are the qualifiers.

If you have a medical condition, you can get it between the ages of 18-65 for Moderna and 16 to 65 for Pfizer.

I have Ulcerative Colitis which is an auto immune issue but did not see anything on the list that would make me think that would quality me to jump line so I will wait and let folks who have qualified get their shot.
Posted By: Moto-Moto

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:03 PM

I wonder how many healthy folks fake a condition in order to get it.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:08 PM

hmmm

I have Ulcerative Colitis which is an auto immune issue but did not see anything on the list that would make me think that would quality me to jump line so I will wait and let folks who have qualified get their shot.

I appreciate that. I qualified under healthcare worker, but waited until those that work in hospitals, EMTs, etc. were able to get theirs. My biggest concern was the fact that I have a lot of clients with autoimmune issues and/or are elderly. I did not want to potentially harm them. We've all gotten our second doses, I was the last one of us to get the vaccine.

If you're on Humira, or another immune suppressant, you should qualify.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Moto-Moto

I know physicians and some pharmacies are actually asking for some sort of proof for health conditions, but from what I have read in a Facebook group seeking Covid vaccines, not all the hubs are checking those qualifiers. It's sad that people would try to cut in line like that, but when you see politicians doing it, and rich people hiring private planes to fly across country to get it, it's no surprise.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:11 PM

^^^Definitely not on Humira thankfully just mid level drugs keep mine in remission.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:12 PM

I know physicians and some pharmacies are actually asking for some sort of proof for health conditions, but from what I have read in a Facebook group seeking Covid vaccines, not all the hubs are checking those qualifiers. It's sad that people would try to cut in line like that, but when you see politicians doing it, and rich people hiring private planes to fly across country to get it, it's no surprise.

In today’s me first society it is most definitely no surprise.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:21 PM

^^^Definitely not on Humira thankfully just mid level drugs keep mine in remission.

I'm glad you're able to control yours without the stouter drugs. I'm amazed at how many people in their late teens and early 20's have UC.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:23 PM

I thought about that as well. And anticipated being asked to show some sort of documentation so I brought my medical records... A note from my doctor basically.

However nobody did ask to validate that.

Then I thought about how being overweight is a qualifier as is hypertension and right there that made me think well heck that's 70% of the country I'd guess.

I have a friend in Utah she was telling me that their vaccinating anybody who wants it. Going with the every shot in an arm makes the whole population safer kind of methodology.

I would bet when the Johnson & Johnson product comes online it's going to be pretty wide open for everyone who wants one. I also hear they're very close to actually getting the thing with the CVS and Walgreens rolled out. That will definitely be helpful. It for sure crossed my mind that it's easy enough for me to take a day off work and drive myself all the way out to the speedway but that's not necessarily an option for everyone. Getting these at your neighborhood pharmacy would be ideal for a lot of people hopefully this goes down very soon.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:27 PM

I thought about that as well. And anticipated being asked to show some sort of documentation so I brought my medical records... A note from my doctor basically.

However nobody did ask to validate that.

Then I thought about how being overweight is a qualifier as is hypertension and right there that made me think will heck that's 70% of the country I'd guess.

I have a friend in Utah she was telling me that their vaccinating anybody who wants it. Going with the every shot in an arm makes the whole population safer kind of methodology.

I would bet when the Johnson & Johnson product comes online it's going to be pretty wide open for everyone who wants one. I also hear they're very close to actually getting the thing with the CVS and Walgreens rolled out. That will definitely be helpful. I crossed my mind that it's easy enough for me to take a day off work and drive myself all the way out to the speedway but that's not necessarily an option for everyone. Getting these at your neighborhood pharmacy would be ideal for a lot of people hopefully this goes down very soon.

CVS is supposed to start taking appointments on Monday at 9:00 a.m. through their website.

I was glad to be able to go to my local Kroger and get it. Much easier and I felt like I would get the attention I needed if I did have a severe reaction. Plus, the Cleburne Kroger is a bit like a baby Walmart for people watching.
scared
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:28 PM

Nathaniel, you're a perfect specimen of good health. How did you get the vaccine? These portals won't even allow me to sign up on waiting lists. Anybody got the inside track for a little "under the table" handoff?
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:31 PM

hmmm

Is middle aged, ugly, dumb, bald with no bright future considered a medical condition that would move someone to the front of the line?
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by COFF
My neighbor got his earlier this week and said the same thing. Said it was the most well organized mass line he has ever seen.

My neighbor said that some guy named Jim Jones was pretty good at organizing mass lines. I have no idea what he’s talking about.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Nathaniel, you're a perfect specimen of good health. How did you get the vaccine? These portals won't even allow me to sign up on waiting lists. Anybody got the inside track for a little "under the table" handoff?

I'm going to take this review of my current health situation to my doctor and tell her to get off my back already lol.

She's under the impression that I have severe hypertension!?! Unfortunately it runs in the family and even with medication is not always well controlled.

Don't be misled by my Adonis like physique.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:42 PM

Also if you're wanting the shot man check out the new deal they're doing in Collin county no age or health requirements required. I here they're having issues with the website but they just rolled it out so hopefully they'll get that going in the next few days.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:43 PM

Also if you're wanting the shop man check out the new deal they're doing in Collin county no age or health requirements required. I here they're having issues with the website but they just rolled it out so hopefully they'll get that going in the next few days.

*hear
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:43 PM

Thank you, Dan.

Good luck with the hypertension.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 08:50 PM

Thank you, Dan.

Good luck with the hypertension.

Thx brother.

And I hope you're able to get the shot soon. Really hope everybody can. I just tried that Collin county website since they don't have any age or health requirements trying to get an appointment for my wife but it seems like it's still all jacked up.

I'm optimistic that with this Johnson and Johnson one in just a few months or even less everybody who wants it will have it.
Posted By: Kentucky

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 09:02 PM

The Garland location was on point today.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 09:32 PM

I had an appointment to take my 87 year old mom to get hers this past Monday. Sunday she fell and broke her hip. So instead of getting the shot Monday. She was having surgery

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee
I had an appointment to take my 87 year old mom to get hers this past Monday. Sunday she fell and broke her hip. So instead of getting the shot Monday. She was having surgery

Oh, no! I hate to hear that, man. I pray she has a flawless surgery and an easy/quick recovery!
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 09:36 PM

Oh, no! I hate to hear that, man. I pray she has a flawless surgery and an easy/quick recovery!

Thanks, surgery went well. They moved her to a rehab center yesterday

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 09:38 PM

Thanks, surgery went well. They moved her to a rehab center yesterday

Thank goodness. I misread it and thought it said she IS having surgery on Monday.

Maybe the rehab center can get her the shot? Two birds one stone type of deal.
Posted By: flee fly

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 09:40 PM

Had a 12:30 appointment at tms, took prob 40 min and that’s including the 15 min wait after shot
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 09:41 PM

Arrived at TMS at 2:15 for 2:30 appointment (after harvesting two very nice rainbows from the mighty Blue River - 18 inches and 16 inches). Left TMS at 2:40 with first dose of the good stuff (Pfizer vaccine). Cute, female-type nurse, very fast on the swab, jab and bandage. Longest part was the obligatory 15 minute post-jab wait to make sure no severe reactions.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by JCG57
Arrived at TMS at 2:15 for 2:30 appointment (after harvesting two very nice rainbows from the mighty Blue River - 18 inches and 16 inches). Left TMS at 2:40 with first dose of the good stuff (Pfizer vaccine). Cute, female-type nurse, very fast on the swab, jab and bandage. Longest part was the obligatory 15 minute post-jab wait to make sure no severe reactions.

Dan, take notes. This is how it’s done. Sounds like at least a 7/10 experience.
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 09:52 PM

That's about right. If they let us leave the waiting area under a flag and sent us onto the track for a quick lap that would have been the icing on the cake.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 10:04 PM

No kidding!

The male firefighter didn't give me a Band-Aid even.

He jabbed it in quick and then said pull forward sir. I appreciated his direct approach and his focus on timeliness. Understanding they were trying to do 10,000+ of these today. Band-Aids are unnecessary and waste valuable seconds.

A hot lap around the track would have been badass though in the mighty Ford.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 10:09 PM

Lone Star Son helped me out with finding some information about vaccination sign ups.

Got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today out at the Texas motor speedway. Denton county is definitely doing this right. The whole process including the 15 minute mandatory wait took 20 minutes.

Props to all the Firefighters, EMTs, Police Officers, volunteers and the motor speedway staff for getting this thing done in such an organized and thought out manner. Was smooth like butta.

Everyone is quick to complain when government and public agencies are inept... So I think it's important to give props when they do something well. I even told that to the cop I was chatting with while doing the mandatory wait.

Are you over 65?

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis

Are you over 65?

I've got jorts and tacti-cool locs (sunglasses). I go to bed at 8pm and like history documentaries about the civil war. I've bought collector sets from the US mint. Does that count?

Unfortunately I have qualifying health condition that puts me at high risk Bob.
Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 10:18 PM

Driving the in-laws tomorrow for their 3:00 appointment at TMS.

Sounds like it should be pretty easy. Might have to get some BBQ at 407 afterward.

JR
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 10:18 PM

Good stuff! Texas finally beginning to get their stuff in one sock. thumb

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 10:26 PM

I've got jorts and tacti-cool locs (sunglasses). I go to bed at 8pm and like history documentaries about the civil war. I've bought collector sets from the US mint. Does that count?

Oh, sorry. I thought you was just a strapping yoot.
cheers

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 10:34 PM

cheers

I'm a sexy beach Bob and only 40 years young.

But we have this family condition...like hereditary. My brother has the same condition he caught it and was in the ICU for five days. He's four years younger than me. Group 1b all day.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 10:57 PM

cheers

I'm a sexy beach Bob and only 40 years young.

But we have this family condition...like hereditary. My brother has the same condition he caught it and was in the ICU for five days. He's four years younger than me. Group 1b all day.

Well, glad you got your China flu protective shield, part 1 today then.
thumb

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/04/21 11:14 PM

I will wait and see how it works on the coyote lawyer before I sign up to get it.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse
I will wait and see how it works on the coyote lawyer before I sign up to get it.

You’re gonna be waiting a minute. I’m not getting it.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

You’re gonna be waiting a minute. I’m not getting it.

Thanks a lot...team player, geez!
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 02:14 AM

I'm tired of the covid threads, we don't get charts & graphs anymore
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
he's heard nothing.
He can sign up in Denton County , does not matter where you live.
Posted By: lonestar

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 02:58 PM

Hey LSS. I' m in Johnson County, 64 , take three different BP meds. Would I qualify to get it now? The medical conditions list I have read is not real specific "heart conditions" ?? If so, where do I sign up, not seeing much on Johnson County website. Thanks for help. PM if prefer.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Westside.
I'm tired of the covid threads, we don't get charts & graphs anymore

I can start another record setting hoax thread
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by lonestar
Hey LSS. I' m in Johnson County, 64 , take three different BP meds. Would I qualify to get it now? The medical conditions list I have read is not real specific "heart conditions" ?? If so, where do I sign up, not seeing much on Johnson County website. Thanks for help. PM if prefer.

If you eat enough donuts you should qualify in a week or 2

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 03:09 PM

If you have blood pressure issues, you should qualify. I would try CVS.com on Monday morning...they are supposed to start registering people on Monday morning at 9:00 for appointments later in the week. I would also watch Walmart.com some of their stores are taking appointments. I believe the Mansfield location will be closest to you.

Also, you can actually sign up for any HUB location around the state

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccineallocations.aspx

You can find HUB locations there. You'll need to click on the Week 8 Allocation for this week, BUT they should be posting the Week 9 Allocation sometime today...so, I'd be watching it...last week it was later in the evening when they did the update. The HUB locations will be the first ones listed. You can google their names and it SHOULD take you to the website where you can sign up.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 03:11 PM

If you are on facebook, join this group...they provide a lot of good information...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfwcovidvaccinefinder/

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 03:19 PM

You definitely would qualify for the Denton county one and you do not have to live in Denton county to sign up or get the shot there now I understand that's quite a drive from Johnson county but it could be worth it for you.

The more I've dug into this and been researching trying to get my wife a vaccine (does not look like there's any options for her right now) it seems that every municipality or group etc has pretty different definitions of what various medical conditions would qualify you or not. It's far from a standardized list.

I can understand why that is because I went and read the actual documents the CDC put out and it's pretty far from conclusive on who should or should not be included in that group 1b. It really leaves it open for individual municipalities or governments or healthcare organizations etc to make their own determinations.

LSS seems to be very knowledgeable on the various options so I'm sure he'll chime in or shoot you a message with some ideas that might work for you.

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 03:26 PM

You definitely would qualify for the Denton county one and you do not have to live in Denton county to sign up or get the shot there now I understand that's quite a drive from Johnson county but it could be worth it for you.

The more I've dug into this and been researching trying to get my wife a vaccine (does not look like there's any options for her right now) it seems that every municipality or group etc has pretty different definitions of what various medical conditions would qualify you or not. It's far from a standardized list.

I can understand why that is because I went and read the actual documents the CDC put out and it's pretty far from conclusive on who should or should not be included in that group 1b. It really leaves it open for individual municipalities or governments or healthcare organizations etc to make their own determinations.

LSS seems to be very knowledgeable on the various options so I'm sure he'll chime in or shoot you a message with some ideas that might work for you.

The state moved to open 1B about 10 days too soon, in my opinion. They were getting flack because the vaccine tracker software they are using takes some time to catch up to what's actually been used, versus what has been distributed. They've recently made changes to help that out, but for a while it looked like hundreds of thousands of doses were just sitting in storage...

Then there were no clear guidelines from the Federal or State government and providers just started doing their own thing. It's been a bit of a mess. I have only educated myself about all this because it's way too confusing. I'm happy to help, but I do wish there was a smoother rollout. Tarrant County, at least at the Arlington location, seems to be doing a great job, as does Denton County. Dallas is a complete cluster...
Posted By: JWRid

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 04:14 PM

Interesting about the Denton County vaccination process. I live in Tarrant County and received my vaccinations at the Arlington Convention Center run by the Arlington Fire Department. Very efficient and well managed. On my first visit in early January, there were probably three or four vehicles from Denton County Health and City of Denton EMT parked adjacent to the Center. Apparently they were there to observe the process. Appears they took some of the ideas and improved upon them for their vaccination procedure.
Posted By: DrewJ

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 04:57 PM

Went this morning at 0915 and zero wait line minus the mandatory 15 minutes. Highly impressed with efficiency. Wife works in healthcare and swabs people daily, kids in school and daycare. Glad to have round 1 complete
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Props to LSS and everyone out at the Texas motor speedway. - 02/05/21 05:24 PM

Not that there is anything wrong with that! peep
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum