Forums59
Topics1,039,282
Posts13,962,225
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13870809 02/02/21 03:37 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by 9094
Of course BASS sets up their opens so the Elites have a better chance than the normal entrants. Central Division all east of Mississippi River except 1. That is not central at all but it is right in the Elites wheelhouses. The schedule looks like it was written by about 20 Elite Pros.

No doubt that BASS did a layup on their Central Open schedule this year. It's a complete joke. There is no explainable scenario for a Central Division open schedule that does not involve at least one tournament in Texas. Maybe the schedule this year is punishment for hosting the worst open in history at Lewisville last year.

thumb

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Big O Florida] #13870845 02/02/21 04:00 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Maybe has BASS heard the concerns of Texas fishermen who've said repeatedly and loudly, you're killing our lakes from over exposure???... Dan bolt

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Dan21XRS] #13870857 02/02/21 04:07 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Maybe has BASS heard the concerns of Texas fishermen who've said repeatedly and loudly, you're killing our lakes from over exposure???... Dan bolt

Tourney organizations can't win, no matter what, someone is mad...lol

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Mudman63] #13870886 02/02/21 04:24 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mudman63
Not that I really care BOF, I’m curious why you choose to rail on MLF so consistently? You are certainly free to have your opinions, and I respect that you know your opinions will get challenged. But you are continue to post about them knowing you will get bashed. Why are you so concerned about MLF business? I’m asking in all sincerity, unlike some of my other posts that were trolling you. I’m curious what they did or did not do to you to cause this much animosity.

We may never know! confused 3

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: grout-scout] #13870939 02/02/21 05:06 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by grout-scout
I think I’d watch the BPT if they’d go back to having no practice days. That’s what made the early MLF shows fun, seeing why guys picked certain areas.

You do realize that the format you mentioned still exists in the form of the cup events right?

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #13870949 02/02/21 05:17 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by 9094
Of course BASS sets up their opens so the Elites have a better chance than the normal entrants. Central Division all east of Mississippi River except 1. That is not central at all but it is right in the Elites wheelhouses. The schedule looks like it was written by about 20 Elite Pros.

No doubt that BASS did a layup on their Central Open schedule this year. It's a complete joke. There is no explainable scenario for a Central Division open schedule that does not involve at least one tournament in Texas. Maybe the schedule this year is punishment for hosting the worst open in history at Lewisville last year.

I think the schedule was set up that way so the X Elites coming back from BPT have a better than average chance to quailify for the Elites again.
If they have one on Rayburn it woud probably be dominated by Rayburn sticks. Same with Lake of Ozarks.

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: emorydog] #13871096 02/02/21 07:18 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by emorydog

I especially like the part where BASS CHANGED THE RULES they set, and the field size unexpectedly rises from a busy lake to a field that is fishing on top of each other. Are they offering to let those that signed up initially to back out now that BASS CHANGED THE RULES after they entered with a field size set. I’m sure BASS CHANGED THE RULES and the field was raised specifically to get the membership fees to help try to cover payroll.

You never know what you are going to get with these guys, every time I turn around they are changing something. It will be interesting to see how the rules on the water are enforced now that Trip quit, maybe he saw the writing on the wall or is going to a competitors trail. Who knows.

Nothing like having 225 boaters an a bunch of co’s beating up the water for a solid week to 10 days with no off limits. Makes for great tournament days....not.

I think they adjusted things to meet the overwhelming demand and to try to accommodate as many as possible. What’s the right number, I don’t know, but I think they have some idea of how many entrants they can manage and handle during any given event. I am sure if someone wanted to back out, as you seem to question, they could do so freely, especially considering the reported size of each of the divisions waiting lists.

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Mudman63] #13871106 02/02/21 07:26 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Not that I really care BOF, I’m curious why you choose to rail on MLF so consistently? You are certainly free to have your opinions, and I respect that you know your opinions will get challenged. But you are continue to post about them knowing you will get bashed. Why are you so concerned about MLF business? I’m asking in all sincerity, unlike some of my other posts that were trolling you. I’m curious what they did or did not do to you to cause this much animosity.

Why is just sharing knowledge about something I had heard about being viewed as railing against MLF? The opens have an overwhelming amount of interest and MLF is reducing the amount of BPT practice days... it’s just industry news. Is it being viewed as railing against MLF to share info like that and speculate as to why they might have done it? That’s wanting people to take a head in the sand approach, no?

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Big O Florida] #13871118 02/02/21 07:33 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

Why is just sharing knowledge about something I had heard about being viewed as railing against MLF? The opens have an overwhelming amount of interest and MLF is reducing the amount of BPT practice days... it’s just industry news. Is it being viewed as railing against MLF to share info like that and speculate as to why they might have done it? That’s wanting people to take a head in the sand approach, no?

Lol....at least own it, wear your BASS with pride! Your post has zero intellectual honesty.

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 02/02/21 07:33 PM.
Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Big O Florida] #13871137 02/02/21 07:49 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Hey Warren, I'm pretty sure BPT has always had 2 days practice.

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Big O Florida] #13871149 02/02/21 07:52 PM
M
Mudman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M

Thanks for responding, much appreciated. You have confirmed my suspicions that they have wronged you in some manner, and you are completely unable to be objective in your arguments. I hope you are able to let go of your anger towards MLF and move on with a happy productive live. Best of luck to you pal.

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Dubee] #13871191 02/02/21 08:14 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dubee
Hey Warren, I'm pretty sure BPT has always had 2 days practice.

Why is it so hard for you to do just the slightest bit of research before you comment on something I post? It’s really not that hard, and if you want to discredit what I say, I would suggest it be required. Otherwise you give me an open shot at discrediting you.

http://bassfan.com/news_article/10123/opinions-vary-on-shorter-practice-period#.YBmx7y08Kf0

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Big O Florida] #13871206 02/02/21 08:24 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
[quote=Dubee]Hey Warren, I'm pretty sure BPT has always had 2 days practice.

Why is it so hard for you to do just the slightest bit of research before you comment on something I post? It’s really not that hard, and if you want to discredit what I say, I would suggest it be required. Otherwise you give me an open shot at discrediting you.

http://bassfan.com/news_article/10123/opinions-vary-on-shorter-practice-period#.YBmx7y08Kf0[/quote

Why don't you try to post something factual. Your original comment is BPT reduced practice to 2 days. That article says the pro circuit reduced practice to 2 days. I already knew that

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Big O Florida] #13871215 02/02/21 08:28 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
You two should date.

Re: B.A.S.S. Expands & MLF Shrinks [Re: Used2fish] #13871218 02/02/21 08:31 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D