Forums59
Topics1,040,208
Posts13,977,420
Members144,232
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Question for Cable Cord cutters [Re: Stump jumper] #13867901 01/31/21 03:03 AM
B
Bob Davis Online Content OP
Bunkeroid Bob
OP Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Stump jumper
I can't answer your ? because I have Dish. I am just curious why you have 2 antennas in your attic. I have 1 with an amplifier and I can run 5 TVs off it. Amp has 4 outlets and I have one outlet split between 2 bedrooms.

I have very tall attic space and easy to hang nice big antennas up there. No splits, no signal loss, no amplifier noise, and no electrical running amplifier boxes. If I had limited attic space, yeah I would use a splitter and an amp. You can get good wingard or sylvania antennas pretty cheap.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Question for Cable Cord cutters [Re: DJB] #13867903 01/31/21 03:06 AM
B
Bunkeroid Bob
OP Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by DJB
I screen cast all my tv from my phone. Unlimited data. Have a friend who gives me her access code to direct tv. I have prime video and Netflix also. SteamEast has nearly all the sports. Cost. $0. Except my monthly cell phone bill $50.

Interesting info for sure. I will have to chew on this to see if I can figure this out.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Question for Cable Cord cutters [Re: Bob Davis] #13867922 01/31/21 03:37 AM
D
DavidWhatley Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by DJB
I screen cast all my tv from my phone. Unlimited data. Have a friend who gives me her access code to direct tv. I have prime video and Netflix also. SteamEast has nearly all the sports. Cost. $0. Except my monthly cell phone bill $50.

I will have to chew on this to see if I can figure this out.

You're not that old yet Bob, of course you can do it. Ask one of your kids to help grin

"Every man must live with the man that he makes of himself, and the better job he does at molding his character and improving his mind, the better company he will have."
Pauline Whatley

A wise man once said.......Nothing
Re: Question for Cable Cord cutters [Re: DavidWhatley] #13867952 01/31/21 04:22 AM
B
Bunkeroid Bob
OP Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by DavidWhatley
Originally Posted by DJB

I will have to chew on this to see if I can figure this out.

You're not that old yet Bob, of course you can do it. Ask one of your kids to help grin

roflmao Yes, I think I understand this.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Question for Cable Cord cutters [Re: Bob Davis] #13868084 01/31/21 12:17 PM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
One thing,You'll need is a android phone. Apple won't let you do screen cast on their phones. They have apple tv and won't more money from it. Apple is the devil.

Re: Question for Cable Cord cutters [Re: Bob Davis] #13868091 01/31/21 12:29 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Roku on order. Walmart was $10 cheaper than amazed.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Question for Cable Cord cutters [Re: Bob Davis] #13868310 01/31/21 03:29 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Stump jumper
I can't answer your ? because I have Dish. I am just curious why you have 2 antennas in your attic. I have 1 with an amplifier and I can run 5 TVs off it. Amp has 4 outlets and I have one outlet split between 2 bedrooms.

I have very tall attic space and easy to hang nice big antennas up there. No splits, no signal loss, no amplifier noise, and no electrical running amplifier boxes. If I had limited attic space, yeah I would use a splitter and an amp. You can get good wingard or sylvania antennas pretty cheap.

I also have a lot of attic space with high pitch roof. I get no signal loss or interference and a good signal considering distance from towers. Because of my location I have to use an amp. I have one of the old time big antennas only because I bought it before the newer compact ones came out. I have an electrical outlet in my attic so a powered amplifier is no problem.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: Question for Cable Cord cutters [Re: Bob Davis] #13868361 01/31/21 04:12 PM
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I agree that the term "cord cutter" is a misnomer. You still have to have the cable/internet to stream anything. I run an Amazon Fire cube with the Kodi app side-loaded on it to get tv shows and movies. Yes it can be a pain to keep up with the latest "working" video apps to get shows and movies. For the most part we can watch pretty much everything we want. No I can't get the latest outdoor channel stuff, the history channel, discovery. They have those locked down pretty good..:) I have one paid streaming service, Disney Plus so I could watch the Mandalorian...I like scifi...:) I considered some of the other streaming services folks have suggested but if you add up the costs it almost comes out to what I was paying for cable tv packages. We have gotten spoiled these past few years watching tv shows with no commercials via the Kodi stream app.

When the cable providers let me pick EXACTLY what channels I want I will consider turning cable tv back on because at some point I won't want to keep up with the software changes etc. needed to stream tv as I am doing it now. As I get older I am less interested in spending my time making techy stuff work...I just want it to plug and play...:)

I do have a tv antenna to get local stuff and check the tornado tracking and weather done by our local stations. I did watch football that way before I got tired of the political stuff that started with them and quite watching. I will however say that I will watch the Super Bowl so I guess I am a hypocrite.

Re: Question for Cable Cord cutters [Re: Techfisher] #13868382 01/31/21 04:25 PM
B
Bunkeroid Bob
OP Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Techfisher
I agree that the term "cord cutter" is a misnomer. You still have to have the cable/internet to stream anything. I run an Amazon Fire cube with the Kodi app side-loaded on it to get tv shows and movies. Yes it can be a pain to keep up with the latest "working" video apps to get shows and movies. For the most part we can watch pretty much everything we want. No I can't get the latest outdoor channel stuff, the history channel, discovery. They have those locked down pretty good..:) I have one paid streaming service, Disney Plus so I could watch the Mandalorian...I like scifi...:) I considered some of the other streaming services folks have suggested but if you add up the costs it almost comes out to what I was paying for cable tv packages. We have gotten spoiled these past few years watching tv shows with no commercials via the Kodi stream app.

When the cable providers let me pick EXACTLY what channels I want I will consider turning cable tv back on because at some point I won't want to keep up with the software changes etc. needed to stream tv as I am doing it now. As I get older I am less interested in spending my time making techy stuff work...I just want it to plug and play...:)

I do have a tv antenna to get local stuff and check the tornado tracking and weather done by our local stations. I did watch football that way before I got tired of the political stuff that started with them and quite watching. I will however say that I will watch the Super Bowl so I guess I am a hypocrite.

Good points. We have a "package deal" with Frontier FIOS now internet and TV. No complaints on the internet service, very reliable, no bandwidth throttling. We have the Extreme HD TV package which gives us a ton of channels but I don't watch that much TV and with the advent of forcefeeding political narrative in TV shows we watch even less. My wife watches more than I do and she watches a lot of crime mystery type of shows. $179 month. The a la carte prices runs up the cost pretty fast, considering my internet will likely be $60 to $70 alone. I agree on the keeping up with the techy stuff. I have so many different systems and apps on my phone now with security and automation, it gets to be a grind.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide