Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: boyd1002] #13853232 01/20/21 02:04 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by boyd1002
My thought is that the MLF is in a tough situation. 2 of the main talking points when MLF was formed were 1) no entry fees and 2) a clear path to the BPT tour, from high school to college to AAA/FLW to BPT. 3 years later, granted the world has been crazy, those two priorities do not seem likely any time soon. Especially when the current roster will vote on the process. Is there any chance the current anglers will vote to be cut from the tour? I think we know that answer. They will vote in their best interest (i dont blame them), not the best interest of the league.

Actually when BPT was formed the plan was to have entry fees and much higher payouts. Then the anglers voted for no entry fees

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dubee] #13853241 01/20/21 02:09 PM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by Dubee
My thought is that the MLF is in a tough situation. 2 of the main talking points when MLF was formed were 1) no entry fees and 2) a clear path to the BPT tour, from high school to college to AAA/FLW to BPT. 3 years later, granted the world has been crazy, those two priorities do not seem likely any time soon. Especially when the current roster will vote on the process. Is there any chance the current anglers will vote to be cut from the tour? I think we know that answer. They will vote in their best interest (i dont blame them), not the best interest of the league.

Actually when BPT was formed the plan was to have entry fees and much higher payouts. Then the anglers voted for no entry fees

Definitely trust you on that. I am more referring to the anglers interviewed after the switch and those two seemed like the most common themes. But you are correct that it wasnt an official MLF bullet point upon formation.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: boyd1002] #13853259 01/20/21 02:19 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

Definitely trust you on that. I am more referring to the anglers interviewed after the switch and those two seemed like the most common themes. But you are correct that it wasnt an official MLF bullet point upon formation.

Of course it was and has all along been an official bullet point from MLF, and to this moment it still is. Like I said, it’s all in the deceptive marketing. Some people toss out all kinds of things to deflect criticism towards MLF and it infuriates them when the truth is spoken to them. Look at the highlighted text.

[Linked Image]

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13853294 01/20/21 02:41 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

Of course it was and has all along been an official bullet point from MLF, and to this moment it still is. Like I said, it’s all in the deceptive marketing. Some people toss out all kinds of things to deflect criticism towards MLF and it infuriates them when the truth is spoken to them. Look at the highlighted text.

[Linked Image]

Well once again you prove your intelligence. We were discussing no entry fee when BPT was formed. You can see it right there. I never said anything about how you advance. But once again you just blabber on. It's easy to just spout off whatever nonsense you want when you hide behind screen names( big o, seminole wind)

Last edited by Dubee; 01/20/21 02:44 PM.
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dubee] #13853322 01/20/21 02:57 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

[Linked Image]

Well once again you prove your intelligence. We were discussing no entry fee. You can see it right there. I never said anything about how you advance. But once again you just blabber on. It's easy to just spout off whatever nonsense you want when you hide behind screen names( big o, seminole wind)

I typically won’t reply directly to you, as I am not a fan of engaging with someone who has obvious decorum issues. But I have to make an exception in this case to suggest that you may want to get the prescription for your reading glasses updated. Please re-read what I posted and focus on the “first 10 words” of the highlighted text in the graphic that was attached and recognize what it refers to. Furthermore, no-entry fees has been the primary talking point from the inception of BPT; how else do you think they attracted all those other lemmings to move from an established and stable circuit? It may have been voted on by those who had acting parts in the reality TV MLF Cups, but the no entry fees was the talking point that was the bait put the hook in the mouth of the suckers who believed in the Marketing!

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13853351 01/20/21 03:15 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D

[/quote]
Well once again you prove your intelligence. We were discussing no entry fee. You can see it right there. I never said anything about how you advance. But once again you just blabber on. It's easy to just spout off whatever nonsense you want when you hide behind screen names( big o, seminole wind)[/quote]

I typically won’t reply directly to you, as I am not a fan of engaging with someone who has obvious decorum issues. But I have to make an exception in this case to suggest that you may want to get the prescription for your reading glasses updated. Please re-read what I posted and focus on the “first 10 words” of the highlighted text in the graphic that was attached and recognize what it refers to. Furthermore, no-entry fees has been the primary talking point from the inception of BPT; how else do you think they attracted all those other lemmings to move from an established and stable circuit? It may have been voted on by those who had acting parts in the reality TV MLF Cups, but the no entry fees was the talking point that was the bait put the hook in the mouth of the suckers who believed in the Marketing!
[/quote]

You are just wrong. The original plan was to have entry fees and along with sponsor money have a much larger payback. It was after all the anglers had already signed up that they voted no entry fee. Which is what boyd1002 and me were talking about. Since they didn't own FLW when they formed BPT. What you posted has no relevance to what the original plan was

Last edited by Dubee; 01/20/21 03:17 PM.
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13853361 01/20/21 03:22 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
And what you call decorum issues. I call blunt and saying exactly what I'm thinking. And not hiding behind a fake screen name to do it

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13853869 01/20/21 09:47 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I would be real careful about calling others out on "Decorum Issues" unless my screen name was MotherTeresa! popcorn2

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: BigDozer66] #13854023 01/20/21 11:12 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
I would be real careful about calling others out on "Decorum Issues" unless my screen name was MotherTeresa! popcorn2

Lmao, I have no problem admitting I'm blunt and an ahole.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13854033 01/20/21 11:15 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by beartrap
MLF fishing has achieved 850 hours of TV exposure a year over 5 networks and it is now rated as the #1 rated outdoor program...

That’s a self proclaimed narrative that no one believes, including the sponsors that pulled out of MLF/BPT after 1 year and felt like they were sold a bill of goods because they realized those numbers weren’t coming even close to adding up. Oh, you also omitted that KSE (majority owner in MLF) also has majority ownership stakes in 4 of the 5 networks they put broadcast hours on.

If they were doing so good they wouldn’t have cheated the anglers out of so much purse money in 2020. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2021 after the success they had last year. That was a slick move on the skimming of $100k out from under the FLW Pro AOY winner! - There are shysters from around the world that are envious and are now incorporating the phrase “TBD” into their contracts. Who knew such a simple insert into rules and regulations document create such a nice pay.

And BOOM! He's back

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13854080 01/20/21 11:45 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Speaking of decorum issues, I am asking everyone to tone the rhetoric and personal attacks down. Thank you.

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dubee] #13854093 01/20/21 11:56 PM
shotgunwilly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
And what you call decorum issues. I call blunt and saying exactly what I'm thinking. And not hiding behind a fake screen name to do it

I didn't realize Dubee was a real name.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: shotgunwilly] #13854112 01/21/21 12:11 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by shotgunwilly

It's my last name. Scott Dubee

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Dubee] #13854115 01/21/21 12:12 AM
S
Smurfs Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by shotgunwilly

It's my last name. Scott Dubee

popcorn

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13854785 01/21/21 02:26 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
MLF world championship is on CBS this Sunday

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Previous Thread