Re: Small RV park boom [Re: flee fly] #13845904 01/14/21 02:53 PM
S
Spiderman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
They escape property taxes in Texas.

I know all kinds of workers that live in them, mostly home construction and roofers.

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Small RV park boom [Re: flee fly] #13845919 01/14/21 02:58 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by flee fly
For the last couple of months I’ve been in search of some land in Montague and Jack counties. The amount of these parks are popping up at a high rate, not very big like 30-40 RV’s on site. What’s causing this, it must be profitable for the owners

Where are new RV parks in Montague co? My dad was saying they passed some deal last year that forbid them, might just be around Nocona.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Small RV park boom [Re: Nocona Brian] #13845931 01/14/21 03:03 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by NoconaBrian
For the last couple of months I’ve been in search of some land in Montague and Jack counties. The amount of these parks are popping up at a high rate, not very big like 30-40 RV’s on site. What’s causing this, it must be profitable for the owners

Where are new RV parks in Montague co? My dad was saying they passed some deal last year that forbid them, might just be around Nocona.

Probably to keep the pedos out

Re: Small RV park boom [Re: flee fly] #13846052 01/14/21 04:09 PM
Dognot Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Western part of the state is full of them, Mostly oilfield and pipeline workers. One guy I work with lives near Abilene but must be 1/2hr from work. on work days and weekends when he is on call.

Kermit is full of them, Jal NM has 26 named parks and trailers are parked almost everywhere you can park one and have hook ups.

Sometimes what didn't work out for you, did in fact, work out for you.

Haters going to hate and believers are going to believe.

Every man has two lives,The second one starts when he realizes that he has only one.

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
Re: Small RV park boom [Re: Fishingking] #13846082 01/14/21 04:32 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Fishingking
The RV makers are making them more livable. My wife and I have looked into the idea of selling everything and moving into a large 5th wheel. We are about to retire. Make sense, the amount of space we actually use in this big house is about the same in a larger 5th wheel.

Don't move into CCTX's neighborhood. That would be tantamount to pulling a doublewide onto his front lawn.

Damn trailer trash.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Small RV park boom [Re: Mudshark] #13846083 01/14/21 04:33 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Mudshark
That’s my thinking Mark, but I’m a outsider looking in and could this be a trend that goes away if the new administration starts cutting oil and gas or could it get even bigger if the economy was to go south big time

I think just the opposite. As people start losing homes and earning potential under the administration, you are going to start seeing an increase of people living in their campers. These types of lots will be on the increase.

This ^^^^. Sharky, your reasoning is sound.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Small RV park boom [Re: flee fly] #13846106 01/14/21 04:46 PM
B
Blue Moon Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

I own a small seasonal campground on a glacier lake chain over a 1000 miles north of Dallas. I view it as a lifestyle choice investment. My sweetheart is from the area so besides earning a better return on investment compared to most real estate ventures, it gives us a reason to visit her people in perfect weather while escaping the worst dog days of summer in Texas.

Our campsites rent annually but most are only used in warm weather with a few winter exceptions when campers ice fish or go waterfowling. The big difference with seasonal parks compared to full time mobile home or RV parks is that no one is allowed to live full time in a seasonal park. While both are regulated, there are often different state and local rules that regulate seasonal/temporary campgrounds vs full time mobile home/RV parks.

Both have to deal with public water system requirements but parks with full time residents have many other regulatory and tenant issues to contend with. In our case all of our campers also have a primary residence, are financially sound with many wintering in Florida or the south. Depending on their stage in life, they spend the summers or long summer weekends at our campground. It’s their summer lake place.

Our campers are required to pass a criminal and financial background check so no sex offenders are allowed. We have park rules that allow everyone to have a good time while building a strong, highly desirable community.

Many of our families are second generation and spent the summers of their youth on the glacier lake chain so they love visiting and love their summer lake life. Another advantage, we don’t allow campers to build things that block their neighbors front porch view of the lake so there is that….

I’m in the process of slowly transforming some of the old seasonal trailers into modern cool lake cabins plus I’m doing a Sprinter van build. Previously I restored a vintage Airstream. I’m fairly up on the van life, RV, tiny home, overland, and basically everything sustainable with a view movement. Plus I understand the business side of it so if you’re considering it, feel free to reach out via PM and I’ll try to help.

Re: Small RV park boom [Re: flee fly] #13846170 01/14/21 05:44 PM
L
Leonardo1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
I live real close to the ones mentioned on 199. Have to pass them every time I head to the metroplex. I don't think there are a lot of Oil & Gas workers residing in them currently. I know when they were built that industry was booming but recently their isn't a lot of work nearby. Mitchell RV park, closest to Perrin, has been around for thirty years or more. I can remember passing it as a kid. At one time when the Mitchell family owned it, it was a destination for Blue Grass music and people came from all around. If I remember correctly their daughter was a professional musician and played in a band for Vince Gil. Once they sold it, improvements were made for the putt putt golf, par three golf, pavilions, ect… They have a lot of loyal customers and host many events.

The one between Gibtown and 199 is failry recent and looks to be permanent residents. Not many amenities or at least they aren't apparent while passing by. The one located at 199/920 initially housed many folks who worked construction at the power plants. The one closest to Springtown housed a lot of people who worked at the Patterson or Warrior Yard and a few other companies in that area.

On another note, the Mexican food joint Mas Salsa is worth a stop.

Re: Small RV park boom [Re: RayBob] #13846181 01/14/21 05:53 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Originally Posted by RayBob
The RV makers are making them more livable. My wife and I have looked into the idea of selling everything and moving into a large 5th wheel. We are about to retire. Make sense, the amount of space we actually use in this big house is about the same in a larger 5th wheel.

Don't move into CCTX's neighborhood. That would be tantamount to pulling a doublewide onto his front lawn.

Damn trailer trash.

Haha! I get slapped on the wrist if I park my boat in my semi circular drive for more than 48Hrs.
One of my neighbors has a very nice motor home—he gets a pleasant letter within 48hrs also if he has it parked in front for maintenance.

[Linked Image]
Re: Small RV park boom [Re: WAWI] #13846184 01/14/21 05:57 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
Lot of pedophiles living in them

Wth roflmao

They seek out places like that and extended stay places because they are temporary and they dont register

Yep. We have several on campus each semester (Covid has thankfully limited that), usually 15 to 20...and one of them was getting his master's degree. His parole/probation officer (?) found out his mom had been having swim classes for kids at their house while he was in class on campus. This did not go over well. He had to move out of his parent's house and into one of the weekly rate motels on Division. He said there were several sex offenders living there. Apparently due to Texas laws regarding residence requirements with regards to schools and day cares and such, many can't find a home elsewhere, so that's where they live.

Re: Small RV park boom [Re: LoneStarSon] #13846189 01/14/21 06:01 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
Lot of pedophiles living in them

Wth roflmao

They seek out places like that and extended stay places because they are temporary and they dont register

Yep. We have several on campus each semester (Covid has thankfully limited that), usually 15 to 20...and one of them was getting his master's degree. His parole/probation officer (?) found out his mom had been having swim classes for kids at their house while he was in class on campus. This did not go over well. He had to move out of his parent's house and into one of the weekly rate motels on Division. He said there were several sex offenders living there. Apparently due to Texas laws regarding residence requirements with regards to schools and day cares and such, many can't find a home elsewhere, so that's where they live.

Told you, they are full of heathens

Re: Small RV park boom [Re: flee fly] #13846190 01/14/21 06:04 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
They are really cheap in TEXAS for a place to live. I have found none in florida arizona california that are reasonable like in texas.... Which is why I snowbird in Texas.

I paid 250-300 a month in Zapata and Nacogdoches for long term, both places had people who lived there.

Re: Small RV park boom [Re: flee fly] #13846215 01/14/21 06:21 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Sign of the times. eeks

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Small RV park boom [Re: CCTX] #13846254 01/14/21 06:45 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by CCTX
Originally Posted by RayBob

Damn trailer trash.

Haha! I get slapped on the wrist if I park my boat in my semi circular drive for more than 48Hrs.
One of my neighbors has a very nice motor home—he gets a pleasant letter within 48hrs also if he has it parked in front for maintenance.

When I lived in Flower Mound the HOA sent me a violation letter for my boat being in the driveway. I had moved it out for a few hours while cleaning the garage.

Re: Small RV park boom [Re: flee fly] #13846385 01/14/21 08:39 PM
S
Space Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
There is a water park about 10 miles west of Katy on I-10 and I always wondered why anyone would build there considering there is a huge water park in Katy and the expansion of I-10 past Sealy. Last month I noticed about 50 travel trailers and RV parked there. RV park/Water Park great idea a fun weekend getaway but I think it is more construction workers than weekenders, plus there are 2 more large RV parks before Sealy, RV parks have got to be moneymakers.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide