Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
thumponator long term use question #13820470 12/26/20 08:51 PM
5wtflyfisher Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
https://www.thumponator.com/index.html

Anyone have one of these? Looking at getting a thumper and like this smaller foot print. How long have you had one and any issues? I was wondering how they held up long term.

Thanks!!! J

Re: thumponator long term use question [Re: 5wtflyfisher] #13820977 12/27/20 03:13 PM
CHAMPION FISH Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
I have a thumper that a friend built for me. I have had it for 3 years with no problems. Just recently changed the battery out. They work very well in my opinion.

[Linked Image]
" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com
Re: thumponator long term use question [Re: 5wtflyfisher] #13821548 12/28/20 12:26 AM
Fonso Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
The Thumponator is relatively new. My goal was to produce a $200 thumper, and I have accomplished that.
10 Prototypes went out in April, and everyone was happy with the results.
The Production versions started selling in September, and are the same with the exception of the enclosure of the electronics and extra connectors to make replacement of the controller easier and to add a future on/off remote module
15 Production Thumponators are on the water as of today (ill try to get some of them to chime in on what they like and dislike)

I'm still using one of the prototype Thumponators with an hour meter, and and I'm at 250hrs and going strong. (note: some of those hours are just letting it thump in the garage to rack up hours to see if / when anything will break)
all the parts are easily replaceable.

only failure so far has been when a new owner tried to spin the gear motor by hand (big no-no) and sheared spinner that lifts the weight (free replacement part was sent and user replaced it with no issues)

as you noted, the footprint is smaller (9 inches square) and it uses a 1lb lead weight as you have probably seen in the video you referenced.

Come January (as soon as i get the parts in) It will come standard with the knob to control the tempo, and a wifi module that will allow you to change the tempo and pause/resume the thumponator from an iphone (it should also work from any smart phone)

and since it the Christmas season, Mrs. Claus (my wife) said that all existing Production Thumponator owners will get a "FREE" wifi module upgrade (they will just need to agree to ship back the old controller after a couple of weeks of testing. a swap out video will be posted, only a screw driver needed)
Prototype thumponators will also have the option to upgrade for a minimal cost (less than $15)

so for everyone thumponator that's sold from January and on, 2 random thumponator owners will be getting a FREE WIFI upgrade until all of them are upgraded.

Merry Christmas

https://thumponator.com a fishing thumper
Whitney, TX
Crestliner Bay 2200
[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide