Forums59
Topics1,039,298
Posts13,962,461
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: ckcrew] #13783992 11/25/20 12:35 AM
R
R83steve Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Whew! 😳 A lot of sadness in this world

"Sometimes I guess there just aren’t enough rocks “.
Forest Gump
Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: ckcrew] #13783994 11/25/20 12:40 AM
T
Trickster Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
T
I had a close co-worker whose daughter was murdered in their house by her husband while their 2 very young children were upstairs. He had retired and was looking forward to spending time with this wife traveling. They were the only ones to be able to take the kids in and they both had to go back to work. He retired again this year at age 71. Very strong individuals.

Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: Trickster] #13784006 11/25/20 12:54 AM
TexDawg Offline
Top Dawg
Top Dawg
Originally Posted by Trickster
I had a close co-worker whose daughter was murdered in their house by her husband while their 2 very young children were upstairs. He had retired and was looking forward to spending time with this wife traveling. They were the only ones to be able to take the kids in and they both had to go back to work. He retired again this year at age 71. Very strong individuals.

Jeez, that’s horrible

Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: ckcrew] #13784011 11/25/20 12:58 AM
RATZ Online Happy
Activity Coordinator
Online Happy
Activity Coordinator
y'all got me beat

If God is your co-pilot then change seats

https://abaltcustomlures.com/

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: ckcrew] #13784017 11/25/20 01:01 AM
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Bunkeroid Bob
B
I worked closely with someone for a few years in the same lab between 1996 and 1999. He was originally from a little town near Lake Fork but moved to Garland, I gave him a ride to work with me a few times, met his wife a few times etc. Well, he starts missing work a lot of mondays and his wife would call work to see if we knew where he was. We could tell it was a substance problem of some sort. Eventually he just walked out of work one day and that was the last I saw him.

Fast forward a few years and take a day off during the week to fish Fork. After fishing I stop in at an eating establishment near Fork. I strike up a conversation with the owner and the owner tells me where he lived in a nearby town. I tell him about this friend of mine from work that used to live in the same town. I tell him my friends name and he says "Oh yeah, I knew him well. Did you work with him Before or After he was in the pen for killing ___ ____?"

Wait, whut? He killed somebody? The owner tells me the story of how this friend of mine owed somebody some money for an 8ball of some dope when he was 17. The dope dealer said he was coming to get his money. This friend of mine said he didnt have it. The dealer guy said he was coming for it anyway and would beat the tar out of him if he didnt have the money. So the story goes that my friend was under his car on a creeper with a 12 gauge hog leg in his hands. The dope dealer grabs my friend by his feet, pulled him from under the car and my friend unloads the 12 gauge right into the dealers chest.

I was flabbergasted. I never knew it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: ckcrew] #13784045 11/25/20 01:21 AM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Those are some wild conversations.

I worked with a couple of guys from California that had been in prison out there. Both were bikers, and both had crazy stories.

Myself, well I did have a customer ask me a weird question during a mundane conversation-
I was working on his front end loader, and he was making small talk while I worked, things like sports, fishing, pickups etc. He then asked what size foot I had, said it looked big. I told him not really, size 9. He talked a little more and asked me if I knew his daughter since we lived 20 miles apart and I replies yes. He then asked if I ever *&c%d her, and I told him he77 no, and if I did, I wouldn't tell you. He just said, why not, its a natural thing. It was about the time Tombstone came out in the theaters, and from then on I referred to him as the Mad Cat, since his first name was Johnny. Weird dude for sure.

Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: TCK73] #13784235 11/25/20 03:13 AM
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by TCK73

I worked with a couple of guys from California that had been in prison out there. Both were bikers, and both had crazy stories.

Myself, well I did have a customer ask me a weird question during a mundane conversation-
I was working on his front end loader, and he was making small talk while I worked, things like sports, fishing, pickups etc. He then asked what size foot I had, said it looked big. I told him not really, size 9. He talked a little more and asked me if I knew his daughter since we lived 20 miles apart and I replies yes. He then asked if I ever *&c%d her, and I told him he77 no, and if I did, I wouldn't tell you. He just said, why not, its a natural thing. It was about the time Tombstone came out in the theaters, and from then on I referred to him as the Mad Cat, since his first name was Johnny. Weird dude for sure.

OMG Wow!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: ckcrew] #13784243 11/25/20 03:19 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by ckcrew
What's the weirdest conversation you've had?

A guy struck up a conversation with me at a dinner party and asked how many kids i had after talking about sports for a few minutes. i told him just one and naturally i asked how many he had. he said he had 2 then proceeded to tell me that his ex wife went nuts and killed both of their kids execution style while he was on a business trip. well, the conversation kinda came to an awkward halt after that. This happened about 7 years ago but till this day I never bring up kids in conversation unless i know for a fact the other person's kids are alive and well.

Well that escalated quickly!

eek2

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: TCK73] #13784284 11/25/20 04:01 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

If a man asks you about your foot size, while adding that “it looks big”, the answer to a subsequent “Do you know my daughter?” question is always an emphatic “No”. It’s not “I don’t believe I do” or “I don’t think so”...you don’t ask her name, you don’t ask anything. You just say “No”.

Foot size questions always telegraph daughter questions. Be ready and just say “No”.

Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: Sawhorse] #13784310 11/25/20 04:36 AM
B
Bob Davis Offline
Bunkeroid Bob
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

If a man asks you about your foot size, while adding that “it looks big”, the answer to a subsequent “Do you know my daughter?” question is always an emphatic “No”. It’s not “I don’t believe I do” or “I don’t think so”...you don’t ask her name, you don’t ask anything. You just say “No”.

Foot size questions always telegraph daughter questions. Be ready and just say “No”.

roflmao Duly noted.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: David Welcher] #13784319 11/25/20 04:44 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by David Welcher
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
had a brand new full size Bronco in 87 , a guy smashed into it first week I had it . AAA recommended their preferred body shop . After three times , the shop owner could never get it right . He finally got it right the fourth time . He was an avid bass fisherman . He wanted to take me for a full day on the California Delta . I couldn't resist . On the drive their , I asked him how he got into the body shop business . Without hesitation --- he tells me he killed a guy when he was 19 , and spent 12 years in prison learning the craft . He shot him in the back because he thought he was a gang member from Stockton. If that wasn't a shocker --- he then tells me how one time two weeks after he just bought his brand new 1987 Ranger , with a 200 Yamaha on the back , he's night fishing the Delta by himself when he comes along a group of Vietnamese fisherman fishing from the bank . All of a sudden he says he hears " splashs " around his boat --- he assumes they are throwing rocks at his new boat . He proceeds to take out a 357magnum and empties all six shots towards the lights on the bank -- he hears screaming and yelling ( in Vietnamese ) , cranks up the big motor and tears outa there . I asked him if he hit anyone he says " don't know , don't care " . Crazy , violent and a bass fisherman --- who would have thought !!!!
I couldn't wait for that day to be over .

But did you catch any fish?

no , I didn't catch a single fish . I was focused on making sure I didn't piss him off . He had asked me to get something from the glove box area , when I opened it up , there was the loaded .357 . Since he was drinkin and smoking some weed --- I just figured I would lay low and stay out of his way . I can honestly say it was the worst day fishing in my life .

Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: ckcrew] #13784424 11/25/20 12:15 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
This thread has some of the weirdest stories I've ever read on the TFF...goodness people are nuts

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: ckcrew] #13784680 11/25/20 03:38 PM
J
Jamoke Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Lived in Arizona years ago, a new neighbor moves in next door. I see their little dog is out of the fence So I walk up to the front door with the dog. A young woman opens the door with a boy about 8 years old standing next to her. She Thanks me and says the dog is the boy's therapy dog, and he needed it because he saw his father murdered by her brother the previous year. This was with the boy standing right there. The story gets weirder. She says she is a nurse and starts doing home care for an elderly couple on the other side of me. She is really in their home ALL the time. One night I get a call at 11pm, it is this women she says the wife is not breathing. I was a flight medic at the time, I rush over and start doing CPR, with the woman just standing there. I'm doing CPR for a few minutes and I ask where is the ambulance? She says she only called me and not 911. After the Wife was gone she really messed with the old man, probably took him for everything he was worth. I tried to talk with him about it because we were neighbors for So long and we always had a good relationship. He got mad at me and said she was the best thing, he wouldn't even let his children or grand children come by anymore. It was So sad I was glad when I PCSed to Texas. Been here ever since. The scariest thing is that the Old woman had been complaining about this girl taking advantage of them days before she died. I'm still not sure she didn't put a pillow over that old women's face.

Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: LoneStarSon] #13784689 11/25/20 03:46 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Originally Posted by TexDawg
Dang, that’s rough, poor guy

Originally Posted by SgtDag
Sounds like the man needed to talk, I hope he’s doing alright

I have had many, many odd/awkward/strange conversations...there are a lot of people hurting in this world and I'm just glad they feel they can trust me. That being said, be kind to people, you never know what they are going through.

I won't go into what I've had shared with me, but suffice it to say, the world is cruel and there are some very dark and disturbed people in this world.

They need some professional help and a lot of prayer! angel2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: well, this conversation took a turn [Re: ckcrew] #13784767 11/25/20 05:05 PM
O
Oldrabbit Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Back in high school I worked at a grocery store and was friends with one of the butchers. I came in one morning and asked where ??? was as he usually worked that day. I was told he was murdered the day before and the shock at 17 years old was big. He was looking into the person who got his girlfriend hooked on drugs. Fast forward 35 years, I drive the same road home every day and notice a car parked on the side of the road for a few days. Get to work a few days later and find out the lady had committed suicide by pistol. A few years later a lady I sold a shotgun to killed herself in the plant parking lot. I was worried she used the shotgun I sold her, but it was by overdose.
This is a very strange and sad world we live in for sure.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide