The world needs ditch diggers too.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Student loans [Re: spacejunkie] #13780976 11/22/20 06:24 PM
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Having the government paying off student loans=Irresponsibility (or whatever you wanna call it) to vote democrat—Fact
Anything, whether it’s good for the country or not, just another power grab for the democrats to gain control of our democracy!

Last edited by Bass-N-Buck Master; 11/24/20 04:40 AM.
Re: Student loans [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13781059 11/22/20 07:30 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by butch sanders
looking better all the time for my daughters free masters degree

100%

Re: Student loans [Re: butch sanders] #13781134 11/22/20 09:26 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

100%

Oh, you're a Catholic? I'm sorry, you can't come.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Student loans [Re: butch sanders] #13781284 11/22/20 11:42 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

If this applies to future loans. I am going off to have the college experience. My degree will have studies in the title.

Re: Student loans [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13781353 11/23/20 12:31 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

But what if legislation could be passed that would lower your current payments? To be clear, I’m not talking about eliminating any of your current balance, just maybe providing some help by way of lowering your payment amount...say lowering it 50%. (e.g. Nothing gets paid off or “forgiven”, you would just have a lower payment.)

Personally, I would be okay if they lowered the interest rate and the interest owed to say prime and adjust the interest back to what it would be if that was the case when the loan originated...You wouldn't be changing the principal owed, so the schools would get their money, and you'd still be lowering the debt owed...and not putting the taxpayers on the line for a 'forgiveness' type deal.

I'm gonna sound contrary again, sorry. That's not how student loans work. By the time you're in repayment, you're done with school and the college has long since been paid. If I defaulted on my student loans, it wouldn't bother A&M one bit - they got paid, in advance and in full, every semester.

Fact but no point trying to post facts on here...........

Re: Student loans [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13781355 11/23/20 12:35 AM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

Let us know when you post some facts.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Student loans [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13781614 11/23/20 04:54 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

I only ever post facts, why would someone possibly be motivated to post non facts?

Re: Student loans [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13781629 11/23/20 05:30 AM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

I only ever post facts, why would someone possibly be motivated to post non facts?

Joe Friday?

Re: Student loans [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13781630 11/23/20 05:42 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

You’ve posted zero facts. You weren’t involved in the student loan process at all, since you didn’t take any out and paid cash for your son. You weren’t involved in researching the student loan process, since you were fishing and reading texts from your wife and son on your fish finder. You are confusing private lenders with what’s being discussed as being forgiven by the feds, which are federally backed loans, not private loans, which your wife and son asked you about.

You haven’t posted facts at all. You’ve posted about personal experience - which you weren’t really involved in - about different types of loans than what the proposal to forgive student loans is for.

Why you’re motivated by non-facts is what we’ve been questioning for three days now.

[Linked Image]
Re: Student loans [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13781920 11/23/20 03:18 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

You’ve posted zero facts. You weren’t involved in the student loan process at all, since you didn’t take any out and paid cash for your son. You weren’t involved in researching the student loan process, since you were fishing and reading texts from your wife and son on your fish finder. You are confusing private lenders with what’s being discussed as being forgiven by the feds, which are federally backed loans, not private loans, which your wife and son asked you about.

You haven’t posted facts at all. You’ve posted about personal experience - which you weren’t really involved in - about different types of loans than what the proposal to forgive student loans is for.

Why you’re motivated by non-facts is what we’ve been questioning for three days now.

Thank you so much for being a loyal fanboy, it truly makes me feel special that you care so deeply about me and my family.

You must be a very unhappy person or your life just plain sucks to be so consumed with posting your opinion over and over about another persons life and what constitutes or defines being involved or not in their familys decisions.

Everyone else on here knows that you dont simply spend one hour or one afternoon or one day with your family choosing a college for your son to attend.

But hey its your story ^^^^ and your opinion you keep re posting about my life so by all means keep on fanboying if it is giving you some joy and adding to your daily happiness Im not one to try and beat you down about it or try and deny you.

Just out of mild curiosity, did you even actually read my post? I find it quite humorous that I started with line one and yet here you are, as predictable as a baby is to cry at least once a day.........

Here is the line I am referencing.

"I will try and explain some facts to you guys, despite me knowing better than to bother since many of you will just grab one line and reply again picking it apart or twisting it around etc".

Re: Student loans [Re: spacejunkie] #13781992 11/23/20 03:59 PM
Ghost4BH Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”.

- not Gump from Iowa

Re: Student loans [Re: spacejunkie] #13782032 11/23/20 04:36 PM
L
lowew79 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
My idea to avoid this IN THE FUTURE ( I know a tad off topic since we are discussing already given loans), is to do away with federal loans for college and universities completely. I know that is VERY extreme and to be fair I likely have not considered all angles, but that would FORCE these insane tuition prices down. These institutions would have to come down to reality in terms of fees and tuition or fold up and disappear since no one could afford to go.

It'd be brutal for a while but I think the free market would correct this insane inflation. If the government quit enabling these colleges to do this [censored], they would HAVE to adjust.

Politicians are like diapers, they both need to be changed often, and for the same reason - Unknown
Re: Student loans [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13782385 11/23/20 08:56 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Thank you so much for being a loyal fanboy, it truly makes me feel special that you care so deeply about me and my family.

You must be a very unhappy person or your life just plain sucks to be so consumed with posting your opinion over and over about another persons life and what constitutes or defines being involved or not in their familys decisions.

Everyone else on here knows that you dont simply spend one hour or one afternoon or one day with your family choosing a college for your son to attend.

But hey its your story ^^^^ and your opinion you keep re posting about my life so by all means keep on fanboying if it is giving you some joy and adding to your daily happiness Im not one to try and beat you down about it or try and deny you.

Just out of mild curiosity, did you even actually read my post? I find it quite humorous that I started with line one and yet here you are, as predictable as a baby is to cry at least once a day.........

Here is the line I am referencing.

"I will try and explain some facts to you guys, despite me knowing better than to bother since many of you will just grab one line and reply again picking it apart or twisting it around etc".

https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/repayment

You can make payments before they are due or pay more than the amount due each month. Paying a little extra each month can reduce the interest you pay and reduce the total cost of your loan over time. Contact your loan servicer to discuss these options.

[Linked Image]
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide