Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Moto-Moto
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa
Originally Posted by Davedave

Thank you.

Your not even smart enough to know when I ignore you, youll still see my posts. bang roflmao

*you're

hahayouknowyouhitthebottomofthebarrelwhenyourcorrectingpunctuationandgrammar youmissedyou'll

NEXT? soap

Last edited by Jeff From Iowa; 11/22/20 02:49 AM.
Re: Student loans [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13780410 11/22/20 02:55 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

But what if legislation could be passed that would lower your current payments? To be clear, I’m not talking about eliminating any of your current balance, just maybe providing some help by way of lowering your payment amount...say lowering it 50%. (e.g. Nothing gets paid off or “forgiven”, you would just have a lower payment.)

If you mean lower tuition, I wouldnt be upset if they did that, it would help a lot of people.

But you should probably start another thread for that conversation or duckhunter will be on here crying about ya not sticking with the context of this thread...

No. I meant for your current student loan balance. I don’t know what your total balance is (you don’t have to disclose it) but say you’re paying $200 a month. My legislation would have you keep your current balance, but you would pay a reduced monthly payment. Obviously it would last longer.

Re: Student loans [Re: Sawhorse] #13780413 11/22/20 02:57 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

But what if legislation could be passed that would lower your current payments? To be clear, I’m not talking about eliminating any of your current balance, just maybe providing some help by way of lowering your payment amount...say lowering it 50%. (e.g. Nothing gets paid off or “forgiven”, you would just have a lower payment.)

If you mean lower tuition, I wouldnt be upset if they did that, it would help a lot of people.

But you should probably start another thread for that conversation or duckhunter will be on here crying about ya not sticking with the context of this thread...

No. I meant for your current student loan balance. I don’t know what your total balance is (you don’t have to disclose it) but say you’re paying $200 a month. My legislation would have you keep your current balance, but you would pay a reduced monthly payment. Obviously it would last longer.

Gotcha yeah who knows what theyll do if they do anything at all.

I personally dont have any balance I pay in full each semester but I could see where that would certainly help people who have payments.

Re: Student loans [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13780416 11/22/20 02:58 AM
Moto-Moto Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Davedave

Thank you.

Your not even smart enough to know when I ignore you, youll still see my posts. bang roflmao

*you're

hahayouknowyouhitthebottomofthebarrelwhenyourcorrectingpunctuationandgrammar youmissedyou'll

NEXT? soap

Cute.

Re: Student loans [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13780421 11/22/20 03:06 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

I personally dont have any balance I pay in full each semester but I could see where that would certainly help people who have payments.

The comment on your post before the last post ^^ has me now wondering if DuckHunter would vote for, or against my legislation.

DuckHunter: I don’t have all the details ironed out, but my proposed legislation is gaining momentum. Can I count on your support?

Re: Student loans [Re: Moto-Moto] #13780425 11/22/20 03:08 AM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

*you're

NEXT? soap[/quote]

Cute. [/quote]

Just call me "CAPTAIN OBVIOUS", I love to point out the obvious!!!

Re: Student loans [Re: Sawhorse] #13780436 11/22/20 03:17 AM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L

Personally, I would be okay if they lowered the interest rate and the interest owed to say prime and adjust the interest back to what it would be if that was the case when the loan originated...You wouldn't be changing the principal owed, so the schools would get their money, and you'd still be lowering the debt owed...and not putting the taxpayers on the line for a 'forgiveness' type deal.

Re: Student loans [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13780459 11/22/20 03:41 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

The point is, you’re talking about loans (the 93,000 pay off no matter when you pay it off) that are not the way typical student loans work, but you were adamant they were facts. When asked a simple question about your “facts” you went on to say you didn’t know, because your wife and son were texting it about while you were fishing (and reading about it on your depth finder) and didn’t actually know because you weren’t involved. You didn’t know if it was a private lender loan? Kind of a big fact, because, as Zeek was alluding to, it makes a big difference. I’m 99% sure those aren’t the loans that will be cancelled.

You adamantly stated facts that don’t actually matter in the context of the story, then admitted that you don’t even know what kind of loan was being discussed, which is pointless to this conversation.

thumb

I dont remember how to set up my garmin live scopes or my helix units, if I do a update and dont write down each screen I have hidden and not hidden, as well as which ones I save to which favorites slot. And I used them last week, not over 3 years ago.

I cant remember where the buttons are for my direct tv remote that is upstairs or in my shop since it is different than the one down stairs, I have to turn on a light and get my readers.

WHO cares what you think is important or not, or 99%, certainly not me. Ive said many times NOBODY has any idea what loans may even be considered, this comes up every few years and never has gone any place.

Either way thanks for your concern on my affairs Ill say it again I have NO payments, none of it matters to me. But if it helps out someone struggling to get food on the table or keep their power on by all means Im all for it........

[/quote]

Jeff, my point is, you said you were stating facts, but you don’t know what you’re talking about. You were talking about private loans, not federally insured loans. You’re now admitting that no one even knows what the proposal is.

Bottom line, you don’t know what you’re talking about, and you just admitted it for the third time.

[Linked Image]
Re: Student loans [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13780465 11/22/20 03:47 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I’m not trying to argue for college debt cancellation.

But if it helps out someone struggling to get food on the table or keep their power on by all means Im all for it........

confused 3

[Linked Image]
Re: Student loans [Re: spacejunkie] #13780471 11/22/20 03:52 AM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

The comment on your post before the last post ^^ has me now wondering if DuckHunter would vote for, or against my legislation.

DuckHunter: I don’t have all the details ironed out, but my proposed legislation is gaining momentum. Can I count on your support?

I want the government completely out of it. That’s how we got into this mess to begin with. There is a chance that I’d support your legislation, but right now I’m a nay.

[Linked Image]
Re: Student loans [Re: LoneStarSon] #13780546 11/22/20 08:04 AM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

Personally, I would be okay if they lowered the interest rate and the interest owed to say prime and adjust the interest back to what it would be if that was the case when the loan originated...You wouldn't be changing the principal owed, so the schools would get their money, and you'd still be lowering the debt owed...and not putting the taxpayers on the line for a 'forgiveness' type deal.

I'm gonna sound contrary again, sorry. That's not how student loans work. By the time you're in repayment, you're done with school and the college has long since been paid. If I defaulted on my student loans, it wouldn't bother A&M one bit - they got paid, in advance and in full, every semester.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Student loans [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13780583 11/22/20 12:25 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

I'm gonna sound contrary again, sorry. That's not how student loans work. By the time you're in repayment, you're done with school and the college has long since been paid. If I defaulted on my student loans, it wouldn't bother A&M one bit - they got paid, in advance and in full, every semester.

I'm amazed people can graduate from "Higher Education" and not know that.

So much ignorance in this thread; some people should get a refund.

I am all for forgiving student loans as long as the degree/certification/diploma/title is null and void and a national registry is established that tracks void degrees/certifications/diplomas/titles. Don't pay the loan on your car or house and they repo them. Don't pay the loan on your degree/certification/diploma/title and you lose it.

Hey, how about forgiving home loans next?

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Student loans [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13780750 11/22/20 03:03 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
Private Dancer
Online Content
Private Dancer
L

I know that, but my fingers typed school instead of lenders.

hammer

Re: Student loans [Re: LoneStarSon] #13780801 11/22/20 03:40 PM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"

I know that, but my fingers typed school instead of lenders.

hammer

roflmao

I do like John's idea in principle. Default on your loans, void your degree. Repay the loans to reinstate the degree.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Student loans [Re: Sawhorse] #13780868 11/22/20 04:35 PM
B
Bass-N-Buck Master Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by HasBen
[quote=Jeff From Iowa

Your tax dollars pay for k-12....

And as I said I’m paying for my kid, I have No debt or loans.

I have not read any place that federal taxes will be raised to pay for this if Any form of it ever got approved.

I’m more inclined to say let’s fund k-12 and college 2 years etc. than let’s continue to spend millions in other countries. Let’s get our house straight before trying to help everyone else.

You’re just doing a bit, right...just goofing...having a little fun on the TFF, right. There is no way you’re being serious.

That’s what trump was doing putting our country 1st but liberals were too ignorant to see that, they want all the power so they can control the people. Do as I say not as I do! That’s why they give out welfare to control the recipients, now they want to forgive student loans they prey on the weak to control the strong. Basically bribing them,This should scare every American!

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide