Forums59
Topics1,037,826
Posts13,935,169
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use #13754416 11/03/20 03:51 AM
A
Asleep At The Reel Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
I have been asked to do a Livescope video on what to do when you get it installed for the first time and what settings to fish with. Although several of the settings I am changing all the time, this is a great walk through of Livescope and the menu options. Hope it helps you all.

https://lonestarwarriorsoutdoors.org/

ASLEEP AT THE REEL (YouTube)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpYfRLf2MT7MkD-jsDrbMkw
Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13754592 11/03/20 12:57 PM
gborg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Good to see you back on the forum . Thx for the intel sir.

Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13755026 11/03/20 04:12 PM
F
F4 Gator Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
Great video Chris! Thanks for the Livescope tutorial. thumb

[Linked Image]

Phormer Phantom Phlyer
Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: gborg] #13756126 11/04/20 08:36 AM
A
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Originally Posted by gborg
Good to see you back on the forum . Thx for the intel sir.

Thank you sir. Been busy but good to be back!

Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13756792 11/04/20 07:27 PM
L
lurenthewind Offline
Angler
Angler
L
Chris, what Software version do you have on your GLS10 black box? My LS is about a year old and I discovered the head unit was several revisions behind so I recently updated it to SW Version 13.20. The black box was also updated from SW version 2.20 to 2.41 and it screwed up the images on my LS. A bunch of guys on BBC are complaining of the same problem and someone created a way to convert it back to 2.20 but I have not tried doing that yet because if you make a mistake while doing the reversion it can brick your unit.

Now they have come out with a new version 2.53 for the black box and I am afraid to load it. I have no idea what this change is supposed to address.

The change from 2.20 to 2.41 was done when the Perspective View came out and lots of folks, including me, are finding out it degraded their forward view and/or down view images.

So Far, no on has been successful at getting Garmin to fix the problem even though several have tried. I sent Garmin and e-mail about it and never even got a response

Wayne.

Last edited by lurenthewind; 11/04/20 07:28 PM.

Luck will beat skill any time you have enough of it!
Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13756795 11/04/20 07:28 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: lurenthewind] #13756812 11/04/20 07:46 PM
A
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
A
Originally Posted by lurenthewind
Chris, what Software version do you have on your GLS10 black box? My LS is about a year old and I discovered the head unit was several revisions behind so I recently updated it to SW Version 13.20. The black box was also updated from SW version 2.20 to 2.41 and it screwed up the images on my LS. A bunch of guys on BBC are complaining of the same problem and someone created a way to convert it back to 2.20 but I have not tried doing that yet because if you make a mistake while doing the reversion it can brick your unit.

Now they have come out with a new version 2.53 for the black box and I am afraid to load it. I have no idea what this change is supposed to address.

The change from 2.20 to 2.41 was done when the Perspective View came out and lots of folks, including me, are finding out it degraded their forward view and/or down view images.

So Far, no on has been successful at getting Garmin to fix the problem even though several have tried. I sent Garmin and e-mail about it and never even got a response

Wayne.

I am not sure which version I have but the last time I updated was about 4-5 months or more before perspective view came out. I know the newest update changes a menu option that allows to get rid of the ghost tree but that is all I know. I used it the other day on someone else's boat. I saw the issues with perspective view and decided not to update as that is not something I am needing. I will try and remember to look next time I am at my boat, but I store it about 20 miles from my house. Sorry I cannot give you any more info.

Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13757077 11/04/20 11:09 PM
T
TreeBass Offline
Lt. Dan
Lt. Dan
T
Great video, thanks for sharing thumb

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others

Sure-Life Products
Dobyns Rods
Holding The Line Guide Service
www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13757604 11/05/20 01:24 PM
L
lurenthewind Offline
Angler
Angler
L
When I did the 2.41 update, I was not aware of the problems it was causing or I would not have done it. I just started researching it after it screwed up my images.

Garmin does not provide SW Updates one at a time. All they have on their Website at any given time is the latest version and if you do that update it automatically does all the updates from where ever your unit is at currently to the very latest version and they do not provide any capability to revert back to an earlier software revision.

I think I will just try to load the makeshift fix that a guy at BBC came up with. It seems to work fine if you don't make a mistake when you are installing it and reverts the black box back to V 2.20 which is the pre-perspective view.

Wayne

Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13757718 11/05/20 02:53 PM
T
TomRom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
I had the latest version already on the Echomap Ultras that I bought this past May. I did have some ghost tree but it was minor. Nothing like people have been showing. I uploaded the latest version 2.53 along with 14.10 for the Echomap Ultras. I fished yesterday and could detect the slightest thin arch line. I could tell it was there but the fish swam right through it and I could see them do it. In talking with one of the Garmin software engineers, she said the ghost tree has always been there from day one. I dont think its a big deal or hindrance to the Livescope system on the lakes that I have been fishing. I know some have had real issues and cant seem to get their units adjusted to deal with it to their satisfaction. I do think there are some that if they cant see their 1/32 ounce jig they are not going to be happy. Older units seem to operate better on the older version of the Livescope software. If yours does, I would role it back to the older version. If that works I would not do any updates. Thats what I did with the Gen 3's that I had.

Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: lurenthewind] #13757721 11/05/20 02:54 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
When I did the 2.41 update, I was not aware of the problems it was causing or I would not have done it. I just started researching it after it screwed up my images.

Garmin does not provide SW Updates one at a time. All they have on their Website at any given time is the latest version and if you do that update it automatically does all the updates from where ever your unit is at currently to the very latest version and they do not provide any capability to revert back to an earlier software revision.

I think I will just try to load the makeshift fix that a guy at BBC came up with. It seems to work fine if you don't make a mistake when you are installing it and reverts the black box back to V 2.20 which is the pre-perspective view.

Wayne

if you have a decent hard drive, just download each software update as they come out. you can always install a previous version. however, garmin will not allow you to download older software versions.

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13757739 11/05/20 03:05 PM
L
lurenthewind Offline
Angler
Angler
L
I am doing that now but when I realized my unit, which was only about 8 months old, was 7 revs behind, I had no choice but to do them all at once, that is the only option Garmin has available. I could have done the head unit and not done the black box, but at that time I did not know the new version for the black box screwed up the images, so I just brought the whole system up to current revision--big mistake!

Now, every revision that comes out gets downloaded and saved onto an SD card.

My advice is that if you currently have 2.20 on your black box, do not do any updates to it unless Garmin comes out with something specifically to fix this, which is not very likely.

Wayne

Last edited by lurenthewind; 11/05/20 03:06 PM.

Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: lurenthewind] #13758054 11/05/20 06:30 PM
T
TomRom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
What units are you running for your livescope?

I am doing that now but when I realized my unit, which was only about 8 months old, was 7 revs behind, I had no choice but to do them all at once, that is the only option Garmin has available. I could have done the head unit and not done the black box, but at that time I did not know the new version for the black box screwed up the images, so I just brought the whole system up to current revision--big mistake!

My advice is that if you currently have 2.20 on your black box, do not do any updates to it unless Garmin comes out with something specifically to fix this, which is not very likely.

Wayne

Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #13758526 11/06/20 12:10 AM
B
Brickmaker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Enjoyed your video.

Re: BASIC AND ADVANCED LIVESCOPE SETTINGS, This is what I use [Re: lurenthewind] #13759274 11/06/20 02:32 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Wayne

Gotcha. Let us know if you can link the software hack you mentioned. I would go ahead and update to 2.53 otherwise. the reviews thus far seem pretty good contrary to the inconsistent review of 2.41. i am sure someone has the 2.20 version they can put on drop box for download. i was planning to update to get the depth adjustments on the screen for my 93sv plus. Good luck!

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide