Page 1 of 2 1 2
ATT internet out again looking at alternatives #13743935 10/26/20 02:49 AM
S
Stump jumper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
I got a mailer for Rise Broadband. Anyone using them? I have an extra cable if I go with Spectrum but they will need to run cable from street to house. Also right now I have computer on an ethernet cable to modem which if I go Spectrum it will be wireless.

2200 Bay Champ/200 Mercury Optimax
2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 Crewmax 5.7L
Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13743939 10/26/20 02:51 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Donโ€™t come on here bragging about having computers, modems, internet, and such.

[Linked Image]
Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13743950 10/26/20 02:59 AM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Had a bad experience with spectrum.
I wouldn't wish their poor service on Billy....

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13743951 10/26/20 02:59 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: outfishdya] #13743953 10/26/20 03:02 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by outfishdya
Had a bad experience with spectrum.
I wouldn't wish their poor service on Billy....

It's the worst. At&t was much better and that's not a high bar to reach

Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13743961 10/26/20 03:21 AM
S
Stump jumper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
ATT tech is coming tomorrow. I will see what he says. Last guy was real good. Hopefully same one. He told me next time to call him directly and gave me a router.

Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13743965 10/26/20 03:31 AM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
I have Spectrum and it's outstanding but I understand it's very location specific. Some areas are great, some are pretty bad.

You might want to double check whether Spectrum would HAVE to be wireless. You might have to buy a router if they provide a modem only. I've never seen a provider not have some way to go wired (but it might be something new I'm not familiar with). Or do you mean they wouldn't put the equipment where you could run a wire?

Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13743975 10/26/20 03:52 AM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Iโ€™ve had ATT for over 12 years with minimal problems

I get at least 3 pieces of promotional mail a week from Spectrum and I seldom hear anybody switching from ATT to Spectrum

[Linked Image]

Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Scagnetti] #13743986 10/26/20 04:44 AM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Scagnetti
Iโ€™ve had ATT for over 12 years with minimal problems

I get at least 3 pieces of promotional mail a week from Spectrum and I seldom hear anybody switching from ATT to Spectrum

I switched from ATT to Spectrum a few years back, but it was strictly a speed issue. My ATT connection was solid, but limited in speed with no prospect of improvement. Spectrum was simply better speed for the same money, but if ATT had been close to the same speed I would have just stayed with them.

Now I get 400/20 from Spectrum for the same price ATT was charging for 150/12, and I have the option of going to 950. And I do need the speed, I work from home and have a server here that processes and moves a lot of client data between here and various live servers.

Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13744013 10/26/20 10:33 AM
Bigbob_FTW Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
ATT is giving me 1gig service for 39.99/no. No issues at all.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Canino] #13744197 10/26/20 02:16 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Canino
I have Spectrum and it's outstanding but I understand it's very location specific. Some areas are great, some are pretty bad.

You might want to double check whether Spectrum would HAVE to be wireless. You might have to buy a router if they provide a modem only. I've never seen a provider not have some way to go wired (but it might be something new I'm not famithey wouldn't put the equipment where you could run a wire?

Rise is wireless and Spectrum is cable. I don't want to run cable to my room with computer desk. With ATT I have a cable from modem to my docking station. ATT tech is out now. No signal to house or box at street he had to run to the main box on I30. You would think ATT would know of this type of outage. I mentioned fiber and he said they are going to start running it to more areas in January but also said places in downtown Rockwall don't have it. I actually have better response time on my phone with internet off. Might be the fact that ATT just upgraded the 4G signal out here.

Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13744213 10/26/20 02:39 PM
Derek ๐Ÿ Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees
I just had Spectrum installed a couple weeks ago. They just bored all new lines in our area and it's our only hi speed option on our street. They ran a line from the from the new main box in the alley and installed a box on the side of my house next to the meter. They followed the Dish cables in the attic and installed the jack in the same wall cut out as the dish. I installed the modem and router behind the bedroom tv so it's not seen. That's my only wired connection.

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13744243 10/26/20 03:18 PM
R
ReelBusy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Stump jumper

You might want to double check whether Spectrum would HAVE to be wireless. You might have to buy a router if they provide a modem only. I've never seen a provider not have some way to go wired (but it might be something new I'm not famithey wouldn't put the equipment where you could run a wire?

Rise is wireless and Spectrum is cable. I don't want to run cable to my room with computer desk. With ATT I have a cable from modem to my docking station. ATT tech is out now. No signal to house or box at street he had to run to the main box on I30. You would think ATT would know of this type of outage. I mentioned fiber and he said they are going to start running it to more areas in January but also said places in downtown Rockwall don't have it. I actually have better response time on my phone with internet off. Might be the fact that ATT just upgraded the 4G signal out here.

Wireless vs cable is in reference to getting service to your house from the provider. You can have wifi in your house from either provider. Spectrum is better than Rise on their worst days.

Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: ReelBusy] #13744275 10/26/20 03:42 PM
S
Stump jumper Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by ReelBusy

Wireless vs cable is in reference to getting service to your house from the provider. You can have wifi in your house from either provider. Spectrum is better than Rise on their worst days.

Originally Posted by ReelBusy

Yep I understand the outside versus inside. Rise i wireless to the house while Spectrum is cable. Anyway DSL is fixed. He redid outside wiring connections at both boxes. Still no Bueno and power supply to modem was bad. I will stay with ATT for now. With just me in house and no streaming DSL is fine.

Re: ATT internet out again looking at alternatives [Re: Stump jumper] #13744378 10/26/20 05:06 PM
C
Canino Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
Yeah that makes sense not wanting to run cable. In my house the cable was already in the attic, so I just had them put the drop in the office closet coming down from the ceiling, and my modem and router sit on a shelf in that closet.

I remember now I did keep having trouble with ATT with some kind of splitter on the side of the house. They would have to come out every 12-18 months when the signal failed, and the tech would install a new one. I finally got a plastic enclosure for it to protect it from the weather and the last one lasted several years without problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide