Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize #13738802 10/21/20 08:27 PM
B
BillyVanWard Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
I got one of these things a while back and liked it so much I bought 20 of 'em on a larf. Been handing 'em out to friends and, really, anyone who sufficiently impresses me. Gave one to a waiter the other day after talking BBQ with him. Suffice it to say he was surprised.

https://countrysmokers.com/grills/CS150PPG

It works impressively well and after over 100 days of hard use is still going strong. It holds a decent sized pork shoulder or enough ribs to feed 4 normal people. I've gotten into mesquite smoking lamb ribs after trying some at the legendary Jack Stack BBQ in KC (I think that was hickory, tho) and wolfing 'em down either straight up or adding to a green chile or adobo stew. I've never had meat so tender, flavorful, and succulent. I'm plenty fine with pork, but the lamb blows it clean out of the water.

Considering how much money it's saved me now that I almost never patronize others' BBQ, I'm still way ahead of the game even after giving away a bunch of 'em. The $10 big bags of pellets from Thugmart work great with it. Power use is almost nil after initial ignition, which can be done manually if power is an issue.

I love ribeyes, so I'll get that thing smoking real good at low heat, hammer the steaks for a half hour or so, and finish up in a near red-hot cast iron skillet. The result is so good it defies description.

Lock the buckles, grab the handle, and it transports with delightful ease. I drive an overland expedition vehicle that was once my favorite machine on Earth. This little smoker has booted it from the throne at about 1/225th of the cost. All hail the new king!

"He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,"
General John Kelly, United States Marine Corps (Ret.), describing Donald "Dolt45" Trump

Never be upset by the success of another. Never be pleased by the pain of another.

Ezekiel 23:20
Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: BillyVanWard] #13738835 10/21/20 08:43 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
your post sounds like an infomercial

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: BillyVanWard] #13738837 10/21/20 08:43 PM
Derek ๐Ÿ Offline
Queen of Bees
Queen of Bees
Is this the ghost of Billy Mays?

Ebolacane Researcher
CovidNado Chaser
McRib Pro Staff
Team Beans
Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: tmd11111] #13738864 10/21/20 08:52 PM
B
BillyVanWard Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by tmd11111
your post sounds like an infomercial

Considering that it's written and almost certainly silent, that's quite a feat.

Do you think that about all the product reviews on here (of which there are MANY), or just, for some reason, mine.

I'm retired since age 38 and day trade stock for about two hours a week for an especially good living. I'm in no way affiliated with anyone who sells anything.

General John Kelly, United States Marine Corps (Ret.), describing Donald "Dolt45" Trump

Never be upset by the success of another. Never be pleased by the pain of another.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #13738866 10/21/20 08:53 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Derek ๐Ÿ

roflmao

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: BillyVanWard] #13738869 10/21/20 08:54 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by BillyVanWard
I got one of these things a while back and liked it so much I bought 20 of 'em on a larf. Been handing 'em out to friends and, really, anyone who sufficiently impresses me. Gave one to a waiter the other day after talking BBQ with him. Suffice it to say he was surprised.

It works impressively well and after over 100 days of hard use is still going strong. It holds a decent sized pork shoulder or enough ribs to feed 4 normal people. I've gotten into mesquite smoking lamb ribs after trying some at the legendary Jack Stack BBQ in KC (I think that was hickory, tho) and wolfing 'em down either straight up or adding to a green chile or adobo stew. I've never had meat so tender, flavorful, and succulent. I'm plenty fine with pork, but the lamb blows it clean out of the water.

Considering how much money it's saved me now that I almost never patronize others' BBQ, I'm still way ahead of the game even after giving away a bunch of 'em. The $10 big bags of pellets from Thugmart work great with it. Power use is almost nil after initial ignition, which can be done manually if power is an issue.

I love ribeyes, so I'll get that thing smoking real good at low heat, hammer the steaks for a half hour or so, and finish up in a near red-hot cast iron skillet. The result is so good it defies description.

Lock the buckles, grab the handle, and it transports with delightful ease. I drive an overland expedition vehicle that was once my favorite machine on Earth. This little smoker has booted it from the throne at about 1/225th of the cost. All hail the new king!

I would bet the farm that if you and Myron Mixon competed, and you let him use whatever smoker, wood, meat...etc. he wanted...you would rate his final product as being significantly inferior to your pellet smoker grub. Heโ€™s just a hack.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #13738870 10/21/20 08:55 PM
B
BillyVanWard Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B

Had to look that one up. LOL!

Nope, not a ghost, but that just ghost to show ya.

If'n ya likes restaurant-quality smoked meat for dirt cheap, it's worth looking into. If you're vegan or facing a septuple bypass, perhaps not so much. It's quite simple, really.

I thought rednecks liked BBQ.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: Derek ๐Ÿ] #13738875 10/21/20 08:56 PM
T
TCK73 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

clap

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: Sawhorse] #13738876 10/21/20 08:57 PM
Mark C Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

I would bet the farm that if you and Myron Mixon competed, and you let him use whatever smoker, wood, meat...etc. he wanted...you would rate his final product as being significantly inferior to your pellet smoker grub. Heโ€™s just a hack.

But he could steal Myron's wife if he wanted to.

Originally Posted by TexasBlonde
You are not a good or nice person.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: Sawhorse] #13738881 10/21/20 08:59 PM
B
BillyVanWard Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B

The behavior of certain groups when they get their hackles up is absolutely fascinating. Please, don't let up.

In your bet, you'd likely be down the sum of exactly one farm. It is my estimate that a more skilled BBQer with better hardware (there is only so much you can do with a little sub-$200 box, of course) would run circles around me, and I'd be the first to applaud.

That said, it's great to have a cheap, easily-dealt-with little box that does so well. Sorry if it, for some profoundly incomprehensible reason, upsets you, buttercup.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: Mark C] #13738883 10/21/20 09:00 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Mark C
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

But he could steal Myron's wife if he wanted to.

While in one of the Canadian provinces even.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: BillyVanWard] #13738894 10/21/20 09:04 PM
B
BillyVanWard Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
I love reading replies borne of threatened indignation. It's odd how trying to inspire people to truly live well often so rankles our rubes.

Know that a great life is within the grasp of most of us. Just gotta have imagination and ATTITUDE.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: BillyVanWard] #13738899 10/21/20 09:07 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

In your bet, you'd likely be down the sum of exactly one farm. It is my estimate that a more skilled BBQer with better hardware (there is only so much you can do with a little sub-$200 box, of course) would run circles around me, and I'd be the first to applaud.

What if you and Myron had the exact same equip, wood, aprons and stuff... letโ€™s say it all comes down to skill and awesomeness.
You getting the โ€œWโ€œ?

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: BillyVanWard] #13738900 10/21/20 09:07 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

The behavior of certain groups when they get their hackles up is absolutely fascinating. Please, don't let up.

That said, it's great to have a cheap, easily-dealt-with little box that does so well. Sorry if it, for some profoundly incomprehensible reason, upsets you, buttercup.

Some are treating you like a Richard because thatโ€™s how you have come here and acted, Buttercup-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize [Re: BillyVanWard] #13738906 10/21/20 09:10 PM
cocodrie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Tell us more about this day trading and retired since 38?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide