Texas Fishing Forum

A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize

Posted By: BillyVanWard

A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:27 PM

I got one of these things a while back and liked it so much I bought 20 of 'em on a larf. Been handing 'em out to friends and, really, anyone who sufficiently impresses me. Gave one to a waiter the other day after talking BBQ with him. Suffice it to say he was surprised.

https://countrysmokers.com/grills/CS150PPG

It works impressively well and after over 100 days of hard use is still going strong. It holds a decent sized pork shoulder or enough ribs to feed 4 normal people. I've gotten into mesquite smoking lamb ribs after trying some at the legendary Jack Stack BBQ in KC (I think that was hickory, tho) and wolfing 'em down either straight up or adding to a green chile or adobo stew. I've never had meat so tender, flavorful, and succulent. I'm plenty fine with pork, but the lamb blows it clean out of the water.

Considering how much money it's saved me now that I almost never patronize others' BBQ, I'm still way ahead of the game even after giving away a bunch of 'em. The $10 big bags of pellets from Thugmart work great with it. Power use is almost nil after initial ignition, which can be done manually if power is an issue.

I love ribeyes, so I'll get that thing smoking real good at low heat, hammer the steaks for a half hour or so, and finish up in a near red-hot cast iron skillet. The result is so good it defies description.

Lock the buckles, grab the handle, and it transports with delightful ease. I drive an overland expedition vehicle that was once my favorite machine on Earth. This little smoker has booted it from the throne at about 1/225th of the cost. All hail the new king!
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:43 PM

your post sounds like an infomercial
Posted By: Derek šŸ

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:43 PM

Is this the ghost of Billy Mays?

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
your post sounds like an infomercial

Considering that it's written and almost certainly silent, that's quite a feat.

Do you think that about all the product reviews on here (of which there are MANY), or just, for some reason, mine.

I'm retired since age 38 and day trade stock for about two hours a week for an especially good living. I'm in no way affiliated with anyone who sells anything.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Derek šŸ

roflmao
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by BillyVanWard
I got one of these things a while back and liked it so much I bought 20 of 'em on a larf. Been handing 'em out to friends and, really, anyone who sufficiently impresses me. Gave one to a waiter the other day after talking BBQ with him. Suffice it to say he was surprised.

It works impressively well and after over 100 days of hard use is still going strong. It holds a decent sized pork shoulder or enough ribs to feed 4 normal people. I've gotten into mesquite smoking lamb ribs after trying some at the legendary Jack Stack BBQ in KC (I think that was hickory, tho) and wolfing 'em down either straight up or adding to a green chile or adobo stew. I've never had meat so tender, flavorful, and succulent. I'm plenty fine with pork, but the lamb blows it clean out of the water.

Considering how much money it's saved me now that I almost never patronize others' BBQ, I'm still way ahead of the game even after giving away a bunch of 'em. The $10 big bags of pellets from Thugmart work great with it. Power use is almost nil after initial ignition, which can be done manually if power is an issue.

I love ribeyes, so I'll get that thing smoking real good at low heat, hammer the steaks for a half hour or so, and finish up in a near red-hot cast iron skillet. The result is so good it defies description.

Lock the buckles, grab the handle, and it transports with delightful ease. I drive an overland expedition vehicle that was once my favorite machine on Earth. This little smoker has booted it from the throne at about 1/225th of the cost. All hail the new king!

I would bet the farm that if you and Myron Mixon competed, and you let him use whatever smoker, wood, meat...etc. he wanted...you would rate his final product as being significantly inferior to your pellet smoker grub. Heā€™s just a hack.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:55 PM

Had to look that one up. LOL!

Nope, not a ghost, but that just ghost to show ya.

If'n ya likes restaurant-quality smoked meat for dirt cheap, it's worth looking into. If you're vegan or facing a septuple bypass, perhaps not so much. It's quite simple, really.

I thought rednecks liked BBQ.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:56 PM

clap
Posted By: Mark C

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sawhorse

I would bet the farm that if you and Myron Mixon competed, and you let him use whatever smoker, wood, meat...etc. he wanted...you would rate his final product as being significantly inferior to your pellet smoker grub. Heā€™s just a hack.

But he could steal Myron's wife if he wanted to.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 08:59 PM

The behavior of certain groups when they get their hackles up is absolutely fascinating. Please, don't let up.

In your bet, you'd likely be down the sum of exactly one farm. It is my estimate that a more skilled BBQer with better hardware (there is only so much you can do with a little sub-$200 box, of course) would run circles around me, and I'd be the first to applaud.

That said, it's great to have a cheap, easily-dealt-with little box that does so well. Sorry if it, for some profoundly incomprehensible reason, upsets you, buttercup.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mark C

But he could steal Myron's wife if he wanted to.

While in one of the Canadian provinces even.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:04 PM

I love reading replies borne of threatened indignation. It's odd how trying to inspire people to truly live well often so rankles our rubes.

Know that a great life is within the grasp of most of us. Just gotta have imagination and ATTITUDE.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:07 PM

In your bet, you'd likely be down the sum of exactly one farm. It is my estimate that a more skilled BBQer with better hardware (there is only so much you can do with a little sub-$200 box, of course) would run circles around me, and I'd be the first to applaud.

What if you and Myron had the exact same equip, wood, aprons and stuff... letā€™s say it all comes down to skill and awesomeness.
You getting the ā€œWā€œ?
Posted By: steveiam

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:07 PM

The behavior of certain groups when they get their hackles up is absolutely fascinating. Please, don't let up.

That said, it's great to have a cheap, easily-dealt-with little box that does so well. Sorry if it, for some profoundly incomprehensible reason, upsets you, buttercup.

Some are treating you like a Richard because thatā€™s how you have come here and acted, Buttercup-
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:10 PM

Tell us more about this day trading and retired since 38?
Posted By: steveiam

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by cocodrie

Or how you inherited enough money you can act like you really do that-

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:14 PM

What if you and Myron had the exact same equip, wood, aprons and stuff... letā€™s say it all comes down to skill and awesomeness. You getting the ā€œWā€œ?

That's a tough question. My money would be on the guy with more experience, and that sure ain't me......yet. On the other hand, it's not rocket science and I'm an excellent chef (but only about half as good as my old lady, who is an artiste).

I'm not really inclined to view cooking as a competition sport, so there's that. I expect I'd place well in the eating part, though.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:18 PM

That's a cool looking little smoker. When you're talking about the power consumption, I'm assuming that you have to have at least some power running to it to spin the auger, right? I'm thinking for tailgates or campsites - that kind of deal. I'd have to plug this into a generator, correct?

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by steveiam
Originally Posted by cocodrie

Or how you inherited enough money you can act like you really do that-

I will be inheriting a lot of money soon, but I paved my own way long before.

My family and I were in the rental property biz in Old East Dallas for 30 years. It was extremely lucrative, but horrifying, too. I've been shot. I've shot others. Thank goodness it's over.

At age 8 I was doing the grounds and painting. At 10 I was laying sheetrock and subfloors. At 12 I was doing the books and taxes. And so on......

For 15 years I drove a Massachusetts road salt-ravaged 1st gen 4Runner I bought for $120, then put $600 and a weekend of work into and never had to do anything but fluids and filters again. During that time, I invested every penny I would have spent on a car payment, full coverage, etc. In that 15 years, my idiot half-sister went thru about a quarter million dollars worth of Expedingles or Expedoodles or whatever ya calls 'em.

That put things in a great position.

To finish the grand slam, I invested heavily in two things:
1) The legalization of cannabis in Canada, EARLY, the I got out before the green flag dropped. That was scary, but made a fortune.
2) As Hurricane Harvey bore down on Houston, I invested everything in sheetrock and shingles. Not quite as lucrative, but a sure thing.

Now I simply bet on very predictable patterns as a pattern day trader. Many stocks fluctuate during the day like waves on the lake. Buy $100K worth and make 1% and a thousand bucks flies into your pocket. I rarely own a stock for longer than 30 minutes, and often for just a few seconds. Do that 10 or so times a month and you have a six figure income working 2-3 hours a week.

After an early life of very hard work, that's quite refreshing.

Did I address your concerns acceptably?
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:30 PM

popcorn

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:31 PM

That's a cool looking little smoker. When you're talking about the power consumption, I'm assuming that you have to have at least some power running to it to spin the auger, right? I'm thinking for tailgates or campsites - that kind of deal. I'd have to plug this into a generator, correct?

Yaaaaaaay! A reply that's not borne of pathetic interpersonal rancor. Finally an adult shows up smile

You are correct, sir. A bit of juice for the auger and fan. More juice for initial ignition, but that can be achieved manually. AC power is required. I'd expect a motorcycle or tractor battery and a cheesy inverter would do fine. Been meaning to plug it into the ol' Kill-O-Watt to see how much juice it sucks, but ain't gotten around to it yet.

I can't find any other product that matches up with this little monster. The concept apparently upsets some of my fellow anglers, but I find it rather pleasing.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:34 PM

Some are treating you like a Richard because thatā€™s how you have come here and acted, Buttercup-

Hmmm....I've made a bundle of excellent, informative, helpful, entertaining posts. I prefer not to be a knob unless others done up an' done it first. If I've been unfairly unkind to anyone here, I earnestly apologize.

Fair enough?

Tight lines.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:56 PM

Tell us more about buying up materials prior to natural disasters. It sounds like an honest days work.....
Posted By: Trickster

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 09:57 PM

thanks
Posted By: Jon

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 10:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up. That grill looks really handy. When you get a chance, can you measure the 194 sq in main cooking grill and see what the dimensions are? Web site doesn't say.
I'm presuming that's not going to hold much of a brisket but maybe a bigger one could be cut in half or something and made to fit. As far as ribs, steaks, burgers, and maybe some little fresh caught brook trout up in Colorado food that thing ought to be handy like pockets.

And, if you have access to an amp meter, can you see what the amps run both at fire up with auger, fan, and igniter
and then same after it's fired up and running for a bit?

I know the Electrical questions is a lot to ask and it's OK if you can't do those - no worries.
Factory says minimum 300 watt and min 110VAC. So easily in the range of an inverter. I bet a deep cycle trolling battery would run that sucker quite a while.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 10:05 PM

Here, put this in yer pipe an', er, smoke it.

Lamb ribs so good that it would make Myron hisself slap his mama.....AFTER caving her skull in with a fencepost at the tail end of a 50 foot full sprint running start. T'was a turr'ble crime. Turr'ble, I tells ya. Few things are as chilling as an exceptionally-depraved, ultra-gory, lamb rib-fueled act of matricide.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go look up who this Myron is. I assume he's some sort of BBQ person.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 10:14 PM

Hmmm....I've made a bundle of excellent, informative, helpful, entertaining posts. I prefer not to be a knob unless others done up an' done it first. If I've been unfairly unkind to anyone here, I earnestly apologize.

Fair enough?

Tight lines.

ā€œKnobā€, thatā€™s a Canadian term, I got a Canadian co-worker that call everyone that, in an affectionate way of course

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
Tell us more about buying up materials prior to natural disasters. It sounds like an honest days work.....

When a natural disaster is coming, buy stock in things that are gonna get mussed up. smile The Houston thing was exceptional, tho - huge storm, huge population center. It was a slam dunk.

I certainly felt pretty honest when I was doin' it. The feeling of making what was once 3-5 years hard work salary with a few mouse clicks is downright rapturous, almost as as smoking some nice, fatty lamb ribs smile

The pandemic has also been extremely lucrative. I got together with two guys smarter than I and we carefully figured out what was gonna get used and consumed at much greater rates. Look around and figger out what's different. That's what ya wanted to buy!

My friends did very well. I didn't participate, satisfied with my few hours a week followed by total detachment and zero distraction/exposure. We gots all we needs and then some, and then some more, and then yet much more, so now I'm focusing of fishing, traveling, having fun with my old lady, and trying like hell to ensure my friends retire wealthy so I ain't gotta worry about (or support) 'em.

Mom was a safe investor. Good for her, but I beat 30 years of her efforts in 17 months with risk and setbacks very near ZERO.

Oh, and I've also pulled 7 digits (over about 25 years) writing/editing in my spare time. Like what I'm doing now, LOL. That earns about a grand a month in a safe savings acct. If you're into rock, guitars, guns, fishing, and certain other things, you've read my work. Some of you here write quite well - if you're not making bank on that, CHANGE THAT!

If you're a clod, you're prolly stuck with whatcha got (unless you're an orange clod who had it all handed to ya). Sorry for the buzzkill. If you're not, though, there's a GEYSER of easy dough out there if you just attack it right. If you're a boss, riches await, plain and simple. Working oneself to death until too old to care anymore sucks, and I've known many exceptionally insightful and able people who just didn't GO FOR IT and ended up somewhere far beneath their aptitude.

Now, back to BBQ.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jon
Thanks for the heads up. That grill looks really handy. When you get a chance, can you measure the 194 sq in main cooking grill and see what the dimensions are? Web site doesn't say.
I'm presuming that's not going to hold much of a brisket but maybe a bigger one could be cut in half or something and made to fit. As far as ribs, steaks, burgers, and maybe some little fresh caught brook trout up in Colorado food that thing ought to be handy like pockets.

And, if you have access to an amp meter, can you see what the amps run both at fire up with auger, fan, and igniter
and then same after it's fired up and running for a bit?

I know the Electrical questions is a lot to ask and it's OK if you can't do those - no worries.
Factory says minimum 300 watt and min 110VAC. So easily in the range of an inverter. I bet a deep cycle trolling battery would run that sucker quite a while.

Man, it's awesome. I don't wail about products much, but this thing is Tsar Bomba splendid and bang-fer-the buck. Some food makin' stuff purchases don't turn out that good - disuse, etc. This thing is paying back - the last many times I've had a fancy restaurant BBQ, the check made my jaw drop. Fine, I know what I'm getting into goin' in, but still - damn! And now my friends are making great stuff and xmas shopping is done early. It literally rejuvenated the life of some friends who had bad pandemic stagnation in a small apartment. Smoking the hell outta all kinds of stuff can be very soothing and engaging.

A DC batt would run the howlin' dog snot outta it. I ran it off the group 27 in my boat for a pork shoulder and it didn't make much of a dent.

I assure you I'll post those dimensions and amp draw. It's taco night today, tho. Hey......naw, it's useless for crispy beef tacos. Or....is it?

Jon, man, were it my company you'd already know all that data, LOL.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 11:49 PM

BVW, Have you ever had a barbe Ć  queue with debarked wood? Kind of trippy, like a cross of CatBoss and Thurston Howell III. I'm definitely reading your posts in the voice of Thurston Howell III.
Posted By: Big Possum

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/21/20 11:59 PM

I ordered a similar one on-line...delivered by USPS on 9-9-20. Their Gps records show that. Apparently it was stolen from my porch.
I live alone and that size looked perfect.

I will not order another....to expensive.

.I hope the thief burns his fingers on it.
Posted By: Bassnhog

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 12:13 AM

Are you by chance the younger brother of the "Flex Seal" marketing gentleman?
Posted By: lconn4

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 12:20 AM

[Linked Image]

I thought this was about someone else...
bolt
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 01:19 AM

Lamb ribs so good that it would make Myron hisself slap his mama.....AFTER caving her skull in with a fencepost at the tail end of a 50 foot full sprint running start. T'was a turr'ble crime. Turr'ble, I tells ya. Few things are as chilling as an exceptionally-depraved, ultra-gory, lamb rib-fueled act of matricide.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go look up who this Myron is. I assume he's some sort of BBQ person.

Three time World BBQ Champion with a nasty mouth. You can see his young a55 on TV per BBQ Pit Masters Cook Off's
Something about that white meat that doesn't look appealing to me.....
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 01:23 AM

He is well past a limit and is culling every cast now.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 01:33 AM

I am so exhausted reading this post. I need a drink. WTF?
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman

I see your drink and raise you a double..... yawn
Posted By: Derek šŸ

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 02:52 AM

[Linked Image]

I prefer my Lamb cooked to medium at best Not well done.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by ReelBusy
BVW, Have you ever had a barbe Ć  queue with debarked wood? Kind of trippy, like a cross of CatBoss and Thurston Howell III. I'm definitely reading your posts in the voice of Thurston Howell III.

Great post, LOL! Yeah, I've had a debarked barbe a queue, but it was after my dog died! [rimshot]

Ah, Jim Backus, what a great, underrated actor.

Being discriminating is a good thing, and I'm about as far from Mr. Howell as yer gonna find. I don't even own a shirt with a collar on it. I do, however, have a practice polo pony.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bassnhog
Are you by chance the younger brother of the "Flex Seal" marketing gentleman?

Yes, I am. You've found me out. Kudos for a meaningful, relevant post that has added much to the conversation.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 11:24 AM

Something about that white meat that doesn't look appealing to me.....

Ah, you like the dark meat, do ya?

I must admit I had a similar thought upon first seeing it, but that's just what lamb ribs do. Got a problem with it, talk to the lamb. I can say without a doubt that those who have eaten my lamb ribs find 'em exceedingly palatable.

If white meat upsets ya, avoid crappie and flounder at all costs.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Duke 22
Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman

I see your drink and raise you a double..... yawn

If you get that exhausted THAT easily, perhaps drinking isn't in your best interests.

Men who exhaust oddly easily tend to fall short in other areas much more important than chatting about smoked meat wink

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 11:29 AM

I prefer my Lamb [sic] cooked to medium at best Not well done.

I concur.....unless it's lamb ribs. Cook those at medium and you'd better bring some helpers to assist in chewing it. We're talking shoe leather here. Ya gotta break that collagen down, man.

I'd expect someone on the, uh, McRib pro staff who oddly thinks "lamb" is a proper noun to know better. Oh, wait.....no, I wouldn't.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 11:41 AM

OK, time to get my Flex Seal hat back on and do some more, uh, culling. roflmao

An interesting feature of this machine is a sort of fire box function. Crank the dial to 500 degrees, slide the center plate over to let the fire out, and you have a sort of blast furnace tandoori lookin' thing that really lays the fire to the chow. I've never had a cooking tool like it.

We love chicken wings, but on normal smoker settings the skin gets leathery. I'm not greatly adverse to that, but most don't care for it. Put that thing on dragon mode and you quickly get perfect, crispy chicken skin, which is obviously one of nature's finest creations. The dry rub is of utmost importance here, just like with the ribs.

[Linked Image]

Combined with a white Alabama-style BBQ sauce/dip, this is one of the best things I've ever eaten.

OK, cue up the anguished wails and whines about how the meat is the wrong color, or it was so hard to read this that self-medicating is necessary. Infomercial references are also welcome. Venting rational, astute grief is an essential part of the human condition. Don't hold back.
Posted By: Cast

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 06:18 PM

It takes 300 watts or about three amps to start and 100 watts to run the auger. The Superduty inverter is rated at 400 watts. This might make a great addition to the truck toolbox.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 06:26 PM

[Linked Image]

Combined with a white Alabama-style BBQ sauce/dip, this is one of the best things I've ever eaten.

Given that these wings were made by you, Iā€™m probably not the only person that finds your assessment of them shocking.
Posted By: Beer Money

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 06:39 PM

Any interest in trading one of those for a Rtic Soft Pack 40 Can Cooler, Kanati Camo full of beer?
https://rticoutdoors.com/shop/coole...GO856wEBq4HhBXsSEor3fO7cg9IaAl8lEALw_wcB
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 07:10 PM

I love reading replies borne of threatened indignation. It's odd how trying to inspire people to truly live well often so rankles our rubes.

Know that a great life is within the grasp of most of us. Just gotta have imagination and ATTITUDE.

you my man
have something to offer

don't listen to The Haters
& i know you don't need it
but
i will back you in any BBQ challenge you want to make

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/22/20 07:16 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

fabulous
i would be honored to beat Myron
with a fencepost
for 1 of those ribs

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/23/20 06:00 PM

[Linked Image]

Given that these wings were made by you, Iā€™m probably not the only person that finds your assessment of them shocking.

Really, those who created the smoker and my old lady's fantastic rub, carefully developed over years, get most of the credit. Same with the ribs - she carefully scores the fat layer in a sweet crosshatch befitting a racing engine cylinder wall and administers that staggering dry rub. I'm merely the monkey who threw 'em in there and turned the little dial. The ease at which that little box makes great chow is stunning.

Stunning, I tells ya!

It's fascinating how confidence in others threatens and clings to little men. People often have no clue how much their posts reveal to others. I love this stuff, for studying the human condition is my first love.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/23/20 06:05 PM

Any interest in trading one of those for a Rtic Soft Pack 40 Can Cooler, Kanati Camo full of beer?
https://rticoutdoors.com/shop/coole...GO856wEBq4HhBXsSEor3fO7cg9IaAl8lEALw_wcB

Howdy. Ya know.....maybe! Still got a few left. Depends on the beer and the quality of your posts, which I'll check out.

If it's say, Bud Lite, expect to be kidnapped by my associates and thrown, screaming, from a helicopter.

Billy don't do swill.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/23/20 06:15 PM

you my man
have something to offer

That's a downright obscene understatement, but I'm gonna let it slide 'cuz of yer good attitude, brother. laugh

I don't play don't listen - I try to regard everyone, for most, even some of these glassy-eyed, mouth-breathing, knuckle draggin' cretins, have something to offer. You've likely noticed that I upset them much more (considerably) than they upset me (less than zero). The brutal tribal thought exhibited by some of these poor souls is fascinating tragicomedy to me. Common sense insists clowns be analyzed, then laughed at.

but

Thanks, but know that the only challenge is for the eaters and guests to be happy. If someone does better than I at that, or anything, I heartily and earnestly applaud.

Nice to meet ya, Butch. You seem like a pretty good ol' boy. Perhaps one of these daze I'll bring ya a foil-wrapped lamby treat when passing by your way.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/23/20 06:17 PM

you my man
have something to offer

That's a downright obscene understatement, but I'm gonna let it slide 'cuz of yer good attitude, brother. laugh

I don't play don't listen - I try to regard everyone, for most, even some of these glassy-eyed, mouth-breathing, knuckle draggin' cretins, have something to offer. You've likely noticed that I upset them much more (considerably) than they upset me (less than zero). The brutal tribal thought exhibited by some of these poor souls is fascinating tragicomedy to me. Common sense insists clowns be analyzed, then laughed at.

but

Thanks, but know that the only challenge is for the eaters and guests to be happy. If someone does better than I at that, or anything, I heartily and earnestly applaud.

Nice to meet ya, Butch. You seem like a pretty good ol' boy. Perhaps one of these daze I'll bring ya a foil-wrapped lamby treat when passing by your way.

thanx
have a good weekend
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/23/20 06:25 PM

Can I interest you in a truck to haul that fancy smoker around in?
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/24/20 03:56 PM

hmmm
Posted By: Davedave

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/24/20 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
hmmm

Bully
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/24/20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
hmmm

Bully

David- stop bullying Bob THIS INSTANT!

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/24/20 08:26 PM

Jimmy is Billy
Guaranteed..
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/24/20 08:36 PM

Jimmy peppers?
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/24/20 08:45 PM

Buy a Jambo

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/24/20 10:03 PM

Ok now we have Billy worshipping newbies coming out of the woodwork, yā€™all getting played

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/24/20 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Ok now we have Billy worshipping newbies coming out of the woodwork, yā€™all getting played

Oh, stop it, ya goofball. I've inspired many, many people to post on forums. Many have inspired me to post on forums.

If you think anyone is posting unreasonable, inaccurate, or irrelevant information, feel free to rebut......IF YOU DARE.

You, TexDawg, are a windbag. I only took a quick look, but I think I saw only ONE newbie. We have singular and plural in our language for a reason.

Furthermore, liking someone's style and expressing it is FAR from worship. In fact, I'd suspect many would find it an insulting trivialization of the concept.

It is neither honorable or gentlemanly to dishonestly slant language in order to gain a bogus advantage in pushing an incorrect position. Go slap yer mama NOW for failing to teach you to be earnest and accurate, son.

97,000 posts? Wow. Do you win anything at 100,000?

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by TexDawg

Oh, stop it, ya goofball. I've inspired many, many people to post on forums. Many have inspired me to post on forums.

If you think anyone is posting unreasonable, inaccurate, or irrelevant information, feel free to rebut......IF YOU DARE.

You, TexDawg, are a windbag. I only took a quick look, but I think I saw only ONE newbie. We have singular and plural in our language for a reason.

Furthermore, liking someone's style and expressing it is FAR from worship. In fact, I'd suspect many would find it an insulting trivialization of the concept.

It is neither honorable or gentlemanly to dishonestly slant language in order to gain a bogus advantage in pushing an incorrect position. Go slap yer mama NOW for failing to teach you to be earnest and accurate, son.

97,000 posts? Wow. Do you win anything at 100,000?

sarcastic

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 02:57 PM

sarcastic

You are flat-out being OWNED, Holmes. Owned, I tells ya.

I can't help but ask about that 97K posts thing. Are you a virgin? Do you ever actually fish? Are any people annoyed at how you choose to distribute you time?

I've been told I have too much time on my hands here simply for writing an essay that took 10 minutes. Do you ever get such comments regarding your efforts here, much or most of which seems likely to be a tragic waste of time in the only life you'll ever have (again, sorry, Hindus and karma people, of which there is seemingly at least one in these here parts).

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 03:20 PM

sarcastic

You are flat-out being OWNED, Holmes. Owned, I tells ya.

I can't help but ask about that 97K posts thing. Are you a virgin? Do you ever actually fish? Are any people annoyed at how you choose to distribute you time?

I've been told I have too much time on my hands here simply for writing an essay that took 10 minutes. Do you ever get such comments regarding your efforts here, much or most of which seems likely to be a tragic waste of time in the only life you'll ever have (again, sorry, Hindus and karma people, of which there is seemingly at least one in these here parts).

roflmao
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 03:20 PM

Ol billy can't type less than 1,000 words per post

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Not accurate, and, can you explain why longer posts are apparently bad?

Wordshunners suck.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Not accurate, and, can you explain why longer posts are apparently bad?

Wordshunners suck.

See, this is how I know Billy isnā€™t a lib. If he was, he wouldnā€™t call them ā€œwordshunnersā€. He wouldā€™ve called them wordists or wordophobes or something more in line with the lib way of arguing, which is to call everyone who doesnā€™t agree with them a racist or xenophobe or whatever they think fits.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 05:47 PM

Only a "Political Hack" can take a post about a pellet smoker and make it a political issue! Love it when smart people on this forum can call the OP out! No Mr. Van Ward you are not the smart one! You are just entertainment! popcorn2
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 10:49 PM

Billy has got to be someone's troll account.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dawson Hefner

Tall Grass has outwitted
everyone
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by Dawson Hefner

Tall Grass has outwitted
everyone

Zero chance TG could ever say he was a libertarian, no matter how hard he was trying to pass as someone else.

Re: A tiny pellet smoker deserving of a Nobel Prize - 10/25/20 11:43 PM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum