Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: HOAs.... [Re: RedRanger] #13738198 10/21/20 01:20 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
Originally Posted by RedRanger
I enjoy my HOA. Keeps the neighborhood looking clean, all yards are nicely landscaped, no junk hanging around houses or on the street. They keep the community pool spotless, keep the pond stocked with channel cats. Keep the walking trails well groomed and the trees and bushes sculptured.

They have a huge pool party each year with bands and free food, in the winter time they have a adult poker party for Christmas, in the spring they have Easter egg hunt for the kids. No complaint with my HOA, they keep the neighborhood looking excellent.

I agree here.

Re: HOAs.... [Re: patriot07] #13738209 10/21/20 01:24 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
My best HOA story is that I dint live in one and hope to never have a bad HOA story. Good luck to you. I couldn’t do it.

I've lived with and without them. My buddy doesn't have one. Had some hispanics move in next door and proceeded to put about 30 goats, 40-50 chickens, a dozen pigs, several donkeys, and I can't even remember what else. They used plywood and tarps to build shelters all over the 2.5 acre lot for them. Feces from the animals contaminated all the ponds in the neighborhood. Summer drought came and the grass died and the animals died and they piled them up and had a bonfire. It was awful.

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: HOAs.... [Re: ChanceHuiet] #13738234 10/21/20 01:36 PM
B
Brock Landers Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
To hell with an HOA. To hell with having neighbors. I'll take my land with my house where I can walk outside and take a leak if I want to or shoot guns if I want to. No way I can live in one of those ant farm subdivisions

Damn straight. Ain't no city slicker gunna tell me how to live.

[Linked Image]

Re: HOAs.... [Re: patriot07] #13738262 10/21/20 02:01 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
try building in an hoa hood, I have met some real winners in the power hungry dept.

I drew and submitted plans for a large deck in one, got all permits and got started, hoa said I needed one from them and an arch review, wanted me to pull posts I had already set.
it did not end well for them when I pointed out they had no authority to permit me for anything, never went back there after I got done.

bunch of busy body idiots are on most hoa boards, I think they are a bad deal.

Re: HOAs.... [Re: patriot07] #13738272 10/21/20 02:09 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
I don't think I would do well with a HOA.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: HOAs.... [Re: Brock Landers] #13738274 10/21/20 02:10 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Brock Landers
To hell with an HOA. To hell with having neighbors. I'll take my land with my house where I can walk outside and take a leak if I want to or shoot guns if I want to. No way I can live in one of those ant farm subdivisions

[Linked Image]

That guy lives about 2 miles down the road from my gate.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: HOAs.... [Re: Derek 🐝] #13738275 10/21/20 02:10 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Derek 🐝
Originally Posted by patriot07
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
My best HOA story is that I dint live in one and hope to never have a bad HOA story. Good luck to you. I couldn’t do it.

I've lived with and without them. My buddy doesn't have one. Had some hispanics move in next door and proceeded to put about 30 goats, 40-50 chickens, a dozen pigs, several donkeys, and I can't even remember what else. They used plywood and tarps to build shelters all over the 2.5 acre lot for them. Feces from the animals contaminated all the ponds in the neighborhood. Summer drought came and the grass died and the animals died and they piled them up and had a bonfire. It was awful.

Feces from the animals contaminating all the ponds in the neighborhood is my favorite part. roflmao Come on p07. You're better than this.

Just what I was told. They used to eat catfish from the ponds but they said that so much went into the pond behind his house that he wouldn't do it any more. "Contaminated" is probably the wrong word.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: HOAs.... [Re: Brock Landers] #13738280 10/21/20 02:12 PM
410MAN Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

[Linked Image]

A huge yard sale . I will bid $4.45 for floor jack and $1,27 for the burn barrel.

Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: HOAs.... [Re: patriot07] #13738286 10/21/20 02:16 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
It’s alright we keep ours pretty chill. dont make your neighbors live next to trash is pretty much my motto . We have to go all Karen sometimes and I hate it but it’s what I/ we signed up for . Don’t get paid to do it there’s no crazy perks I just do it to try and help the community.

Not all hoas are bad even tho I know how freaking annoying they can be on both sides of the fence .

Re: HOAs.... [Re: 410MAN] #13738288 10/21/20 02:17 PM
N
Nickbyrd Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
N
Originally Posted by 410MAN

[Linked Image]

A huge yard sale . I will bid $4.45 for floor jack and $1,27 for the burn barrel.

10 bucks takes the Busch fridge and the aluminum ladder .

Re: HOAs.... [Re: patriot07] #13738289 10/21/20 02:21 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
When I moved into a new development in San Antonio I got written up for putting my trash out for pickup, on trash day, but in a plastic trash bag instead of the authorized trash can. It was the day that the trash company was scheduled to deliver my trash and recycling cans. LOL

Where I am living now in the country there is an HOA that really only covers 1 item. Use and maintenance of the gravel road that serves 3 homes. There had been an ongoing feud between my other 2 neighbors on the road and it was getting in major disrepair. Potholes deep enough people were driving into the ditch to avoid them. Couple ties a year the one neighbor would try to refill the holes with gravel that had kicked into the ditch, but they would open right back up. The older guy would then complain night and day that the other one was not doing it right and all his kids traffic was tearing up the road. Oh, the road, its an easement on the old mans property. The older one even went so far as to have a few loads of (wrong size) rock brought in and then tried to block the other neighbor from using the road until he paid his share of the costs. He even went so far as to try to put a lean on the guys property to get the money. The larger gravel slowed down the kids, and made it really rough for them to fly up and down the road on their motorcycles, but didn't solve the issue. After years of this, I repaired the pot holes with some concrete mix, 3/4 and smaller gravel last fall and the holes never opened again. The HOA simply says that 2 of the 3 of us have to agree on actions to maintain the road, and that we all have to share in the costs. Old guy just moved out, so maybe with the new neighbor coming in we can have peace in the neighborhood, naw, what is the fun in that. LOL

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: HOAs.... [Re: Brock Landers] #13738313 10/21/20 02:48 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F

[Linked Image]

All that's lacking is a big sign saying, "The dog will eat your butt". Actually saw that at a house in rural SE Oklahoma.

Re: HOAs.... [Re: Nickbyrd] #13738355 10/21/20 03:20 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
Not all hoas are bad even tho I know how freaking annoying they can be on both sides of the fence .

This is where I was at with my proposal. I sent it to the arch committee and basically told them, "hey, I'm super flexible - make whatever changes you want and I'll make sure it isn't a huge cost driver and I'll build it however you want me to." They just replied that it had been denied - didn't try to work with me at all. So I appealed, which goes to the full HOA. I offered to downsize and to take any suggestions the community had on material/design changes, but they all said they liked it how it was and voted to approve it and now the arch committee (well at least one guy) is up in arms over it. He resigned the following day. Never meant to tick anyone off. I'd still downsize it if it would make him feel better, but I'd have to go through the approval process again and I'm not doing that.

The point of the restrictions is to keep the place from looking like trash, not for neighbors to control every aspect of what you build. Wish folks would keep that in mind.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: HOAs.... [Re: patriot07] #13738361 10/21/20 03:26 PM
Billy Blazer 300 HPDI Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I lived in the Autum Creek Subdivision in Friendswood, Tx years back. They filed against me for the color of my screens on my windows. They wanted them black, I had dark brown. I sold the house so I have no idea what happened.

I have a good friend that lived in the subdivion down in Brazoria County. This is the place the HOA lady was hated, one of the people that lived in the subdivision shot her. Pretty sure she lived. I think it was BarX Subdivision. My buddy told me she was the meanest get in your face scream at you person that ever walked the earth. He said everybody that lived there pretty much hated her. This whole deal with this lady made the news in the Houston area. Seems like all this went on in the mid 90's.

Seems like there was another HOA person up north of Houston that was shot too.

HOA's where you have barns and sheds seem to be the ones with the most problems.

Thanks, Billy
Re: HOAs.... [Re: patriot07] #13738436 10/21/20 04:33 PM
D
Donpilot Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
D
I lived in a subdivision with no HOA. Kid across the street parked his car in the front yard, on the grass. No engine, no hood, 4 wheels in the summer, 2 in the winter (snowtires) with 2 cement blocks. Sat like that for 3 years.he couldn't park in the driveway because the pick-up truck frame (no motor no bed) was blocking the gate. I like my HOA.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide