Page 1 of 2 1 2
Wow- Not sure how to title this- #13725844 10/10/20 02:51 AM
S
steveiam Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
The wife and I were outside at 8:45 tonight and saw an suv hit something in the road, I saw the suv using their brakes but they didn’t stop, we thought they had hit something that had fell off of a trailer or something-
We have very little traffic on the road in front of me, but did see a few cars hit debris after the initial impact-
A very short time later we have several emergency vehicles out here-

A man was walking in the dark (we have no streetlights and no other houses nearby) and it was him that was hit-
The guy must have walked past my house about three minutes before being hit-
Just sitting on the front porch now watching the process-
Hard to imagine-
So sad-

Last edited by steveiam; 10/10/20 02:54 AM.

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725850 10/10/20 02:56 AM
lakeforkfisherman Offline
Elliptical Mechanic
Elliptical Mechanic
That’s terrible!

LET’S GO BRANDON!!!
Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725851 10/10/20 02:57 AM
K
Kicker16 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Dang! Prayers up for the guy angel2

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725853 10/10/20 02:58 AM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Wow. Prayers up

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725855 10/10/20 02:58 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S
The officer I spoke with said it was a young lady that hit him, that she called it in right after it happened-
I bet she was obviously traumatized and this a dark country road, has to be why she didn’t stop-
I feel sorry for her too-

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725857 10/10/20 03:00 AM
G
Gusick Online Sick
TFF Guru
Online Sick
TFF Guru
G
Hope it wasn't anyone you know. It's bad either way, but

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725858 10/10/20 03:00 AM
K
Kicker16 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Geez that's to bad for both involved. Atleast she call for help.

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725865 10/10/20 03:05 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by steveiam
The officer I spoke with said it was a young lady that hit him, that she called it in right after it happened-
I bet she was obviously traumatized and this a dark country road, has to be why she didn’t stop-

You are obligated to stop in an attempt to render aid - or at least wait until authorities arrive. Leaving the scene is frowned upon unless there is a continuing safety issue. Staying on the scene will make it easier for authorities to FIND the accident location. Also, a person could try to insure they don't get hit by another vehicle if the victim is lying in the road. The choice to not stop is inexcusable - period. What if the victim bled out, and just having someone apply pressure to a wound would save their life? A charge is due.

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725868 10/10/20 03:09 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Sad deal that happens way too often.

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: Flippin-Out] #13725872 10/10/20 03:20 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

You are obligated to stop in an attempt to render aid - or at least wait until authorities arrive. Leaving the scene is frowned upon unless there is a continuing safety issue. Staying on the scene will make it easier for authorities to FIND the accident location. Also, a person could try to insure they don't get hit by another vehicle if the victim is lying in the road. The choice to not stop is inexcusable - period. What if the victim bled out, and just having someone apply pressure to a wound would save their life? A charge is due.

What if the person was trying to call 911 and didn’t have cell service?

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: Flippin-Out] #13725873 10/10/20 03:21 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
S

FYI he wasn’t still in the road after he got hit, he was in a field-
No one could have seen him out there in this darkness-
We are out in the county, the cops showed up about ten minutes or so after we saw the impact, I had no idea a person had been hit-
He was dead when they found him-
The officer that I talked to said she called 911 right after she hit him-

Last edited by steveiam; 10/10/20 03:23 AM.

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13725876 10/10/20 03:32 AM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler

Or the person driving wasn’t sure where exactly they were and 911 told them to drive to a cross road. Do you think that’s a possibility? No you’re ready to charge someone. Effing dumb. All the information you have is based on an online post that said someone got hit and the driver didn’t stop. Slow down dude.

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725899 10/10/20 04:28 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Praying for the victim's family and for the lady who accidentally hit him. A very bad accident indeed. The Lord Jesus Christ has control. angel2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13725912 10/10/20 05:01 AM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F

Or the person driving wasn’t sure where exactly they were and 911 told them to drive to a cross road. Do you think that’s a possibility? No you’re ready to charge someone. Effing dumb. All the information you have is based on an online post that said someone got hit and the driver didn’t stop. Slow down dude.

The eyewitness who posted this story clearly stated the vehicle DID NOT STOP - not even to check the victim's condition before continuing down the road! She didn't even come back to see if he was in the road, face down in a ditch of water, etc. THAT is a problem; not having cellular service at the moment is not, had that been the case. The impact was apparently significant enough for the eyewitness to hear an impact sound. And a driver doesn't even stop to make an assessment as to what needs to be done? I don't have to slow down; I'm thinking very clearly, but that driver wasn't. Apparently I'm not as "woke" as you on the driver's inexcusable actions.

Re: Wow- Not sure how to title this- [Re: steveiam] #13725915 10/10/20 05:15 AM
C
Coach Hark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Steve also said it was a young lady. IF it was a 16-17 year old girl or could have been any young driver, they’re going to freak out. The young lady called 911. Give her credit for that, I don’t think we need to try and prosecute over a TFF post.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide