Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: VIP Fishing] #13717107 10/01/20 02:53 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
I want a Stealth Camper Van. Been looking for one for awhile. Might have to build one. But would prefer is someone already got it started.

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: VIP Fishing] #13717127 10/01/20 03:14 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
RV parks and extended stay motels are full of pedophiles

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: WAWI] #13717132 10/01/20 03:25 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by WAWI

And old biddies that have to try and get up in everyone's business. A lot of drama and BS in some of them. Lots of people with nothing to do but be nosey.

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: VIP Fishing] #13717149 10/01/20 03:46 PM
Pilothawk Online Sad
Pumpkin Head
Online Sad
Pumpkin Head
There are several in Tennessee.

KANSAS JAYHAWK BASKETBALL - Where tradition comes from [Linked Image]
2008 NATIONAL BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS-ORANGE BOWL CHAMPIONS 2008
52 Conf Champs /5 Nat'l Champs
Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: Bob Davis] #13717185 10/01/20 04:30 PM
B
basscaster46 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
We have been doing the RV thing occasionally the past 4 years. Bought ours in 2016. We have camped at Tyler State Park with the grandkids 2 years ago, and it was good but the reservation thing is a beating and sometimes you get the worst spot. There are a lot of "theme" RV parks across the country and many really nice spacious campgrounds. We like the Bluegrass festivals and jams in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. MountainView, Arkansas is awesome for example. The whole town revolves around Acoustic instrument pickers and jammers. I went in September a few years back and there was a "Mountain Dulcimer" convention going on. Great people, good time for us there. 3 Weeks ago, we spent a week at Grapeland, Texas. Salmon Lake Park. Big bluegrass festival, but the park is terrific. Really clean facilities, lake with slide and diving board for kids, old saloon like buildings to play in, etc. Last week, we were at the Texarkana RV Music Park. There is also a nice park hidden in Canton that not many know about. It is spacious but has the concrete pad. It has a nice pond. It is Mill Creek Ranch Resort. It is a nice quick getaway.

One thing we always look for in an RV park is "Full Hookup" which means Sewer, Electric and Water. The smaller RVs have much smaller Grey Water and Black Water holding tanks. We found out real quick that the Grey water tank (33 gallon) will fill up with just one of my wifes showers. So if you don't have a full sewer hookup you have to pull it to the dump station to empty every day. Same thing with the blackwater tank (poo and p), but it doesn't fill as fast as the grey water tank.

You would be amazed at some of the monster RV rigs "Olds" pull around and set up. It is inspirational to us and we are in in mid 60s. Couples in their 80's still backing these rigs in, connecting up 5th wheel trailers, pulling cars behind them etc. Amazing stuff to me.

The other thing to consider in RVs is their weight and the "safe" capability of your tow vehicle. The salesman will try to sell you that 40 footer to pull with your Pathfinder but do not be fooled by the snake oil. Run the calculations on weights and pulling and cargo capacities. A friend bought a 2020 Ford Explorer and a 32 Foot RV hitch tow trailer. He has the equalizer hitch and all but said it only feels stable pulling around 62-63 mph. I think he bought more trailer than tow vehicle capabilities. I bought a smaller trailer but a bigger tow vehicle. Ford website has a lot of info on this stuff.

Good luck.

Boy they sold your friends a line of bs. A explorer pulling a 32 travel trailer that is ridiculous. That is a unibody and does not have the weight rating for that. Not to mention short wheelbase would be a very scary ride.
80 % of gvwr is about all you want to pull with any vehicle. I know the ecoboost 3.5 will pull but the explorer is not what I would want as a tow truck

I got all day I’m retired
Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: Mark Perry] #13717192 10/01/20 04:41 PM
K
ko bass attack 27 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

And old biddies that have to try and get up in everyone's business. A lot of drama and BS in some of them. Lots of people with nothing to do but be nosey.

Don't know about the pedophiles but we got plenty of park drama.

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: PowerLizard] #13717217 10/01/20 05:29 PM
B
BillS2006 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by PowerLizard
You have to reserve Texas State Parks well in advance. You should be making Spring reservations now. You make a deposit for the first day. If you cancel, they refund your deposit less a $5 fee.
Oklahoma has nice state parks too and I believe they are first come, first served. That works well if you can arrive early. It doesn’t work so well if you arrive late on Friday night.

TP&W will only take 3 month advance reservations and charge the full amount to your credit card at the time of the reservation.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/park-reservation-information/

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: ko bass attack 27] #13717282 10/01/20 06:36 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by ko bass attack 27
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Don't know about the pedophiles but we got plenty of park drama.

There is always that one old couple that think they are the "mayors" of the park and will try to tell you the way things are done. roflmao

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: VIP Fishing] #13717287 10/01/20 06:39 PM
W
wingnut Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
My wife and I bought a new travel trailer about a year ago. We are retired and in our late 60's. We stay almost exclusively in Texas state parks. They are clean, well kept, secure, and dog friendly. In the last year we have stayed in Abilene, Meridian, and Brownwood state parks as well as Ft. Griffin State historic park. I have not had any trouble securing online reservations a couple of weeks in advance. The more popular parks may require more time in advance. If you want to reserve on a holiday weekend, you might need to reserve a month in advance. We purchased an annual pass for around $100, and it waives entry fees + gives you 50% off your 2nd night of camping. It paid for itself in the first week of camping. When we return from a trip, I put the trailer in the shop and get it completely ready to go next time. We don't get in a hurry, and usually drive 60-65 mph. Good luck and I hope you enjoying RVing as much as we have.

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: VIP Fishing] #13717296 10/01/20 06:50 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I have a 33 rv, diesel, tow my wifes jeep cherokee trail hawk and then my boat behind that. I love my set up. Im retired/self employed.

Rv parks in texas are dirt cheap at 250-350 a month, I dont hit the state parks often. Ive priced going to florida and its going to set me back 7-900 a month to ever do that, which is why I go to tx.

I cant even find a long term park in calif to try and go there for a while.

Ive done a few months at falcon, 3 months in east texas and lots of trips in between.

Id have been to none of those texas lakes w out my rv etc. I used to tow my boat with it and launch with it which was fine but towing triples is much better, I can park the rv and have a car to drive around etc.

The 5th wheels are huge totally different thing than a rv, I like what ive got, I use the rv to tow my rock crawler also and for other vacations etc.

Mines a thor 33sw 2013-2017 that model was avail, now they are 36 foot.

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: VIP Fishing] #13717323 10/01/20 07:23 PM
B
bigrebar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Wife and I are only 50ish, but we talk about the RV retirement all the time. Maybe not full timers, we plan to keep a homestead somewhere. But we want to make the Alaska trip, and as much of the Great United States of America as we physically and financially can once we retire. I get so excited dreaming about it that I already know our RV of choice and we are at least 12 years away from retirement or more. We travel well together and are looking forward to it.

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: bigrebar] #13717325 10/01/20 07:26 PM
S
Smurfs Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by bigrebar
Wife and I are only 50ish, but we talk about the RV retirement all the time. Maybe not full timers, we plan to keep a homestead somewhere. But we want to make the Alaska trip, and as much of the Great United States of America as we physically and financially can once we retire. I get so excited dreaming about it that I already know our RV of choice and we are at least 12 years away from retirement or more. We travel well together and are looking forward to it.

?

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: VIP Fishing] #13717334 10/01/20 07:39 PM
B
bigrebar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
From what I’ve read about RV’ing to Alaska, there are some very basic items to consider and this is what I’ve concluded in my research.

The trailer is better suited for the trip if it is less than 30’, only requires a 30 amp service, and has great suspension and frame dependability.

Fox Mountain 235RLS by Northwood with a Onan Gen set. If purchased new, retails for $45-50K from I’ve seen this year.

The Airstream’s are also very popular, but man, even a 30 year old Airstream brings in top dollar on resale.

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: bigrebar] #13717342 10/01/20 07:52 PM
J
Jeff From Iowa Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
From what I’ve read about RV’ing to Alaska, there are some very basic items to consider and this is what I’ve concluded in my research.

The trailer is better suited for the trip if it is less than 30’, only requires a 30 amp service, and has great suspension and frame dependability.

Fox Mountain 235RLS by Northwood with a Onan Gen set. If purchased new, retails for $45-50K from I’ve seen this year.

The Airstream’s are also very popular, but man, even a 30 year old Airstream brings in top dollar on resale.

Theyll all work on 30, you just may or may not be able to run both air conditioners....

frame and suspension is depenent on brand and cost, nothing to do with length.

Re: RV's and RV Parks [Re: Jeff From Iowa] #13717347 10/01/20 07:58 PM
B
bigrebar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Jeff From Iowa

Theyll all work on 30, you just may or may not be able to run both air conditioners....

frame and suspension is depenent on brand and cost, nothing to do with length.

Correct. The less than 30' comes from several RV forums. Seems to be a consensus that only 10% to 15% of the RV slips from the Canadian line into Alaska have slips for trailers over 30 foot. And even if they do, even less offer 50amp service.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide