Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13701294 09/15/20 01:22 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Me and mason went out feom 5pm to 730 yesterday evening. Nothing seen at Murrell or around the island. Didn't go anywhere else, we were just out looking around. Nothing to report down. Would prob go up and as others are discussing with the cooler weather, shallower areas or points. Water temp main lake surface @ 78 from 84 of last week. Heading out this afternoon to wet a line bass fishing. Some good reports received yesterday, one being a 7 pounder. That is a monster IMO for GV.

Prosise

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13702061 09/16/20 06:43 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
After Remote learning me and Mason headed out for a couple of hours of bass fishing. One bass with little man and then we headed down around the island, ran into some Sandies which were up closer to the top. . Caught about 30 right at 7:30pm. Mom picked up little man so I could do some more bass fishing, Intel from yesterday really had me fired up, and the intel was spot on. Thanks you MR. "B" ..... Fishing buddy was not messing around when he said he had located many good spots.. Fished from 8:15 to 11:15 and only had two bites, and they were good. Throwing a 8" craw worm texas rig on 12lb braided. For the record, I should have been throwing 20lb or better.., First fish was my PB on grapevine, the second fish was my new PB on grapevine ( I really thought the second fish was a catfish because it had some shoulders). Good Blessed me with time spent with Mason, and these two bites.. On the second fish I was marking a waypoint and working the worm with the left arm when I got hammered.. Take care all.. Only fished one spot for sandbass, they are moving around allot.

Video of last night.

Hogs on GP Video Link

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/16/20 02:29 PM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13702182 09/16/20 12:51 PM
Bruce's Online Sad
TFF Celebrity
Online Sad
TFF Celebrity
Nice. Good job finding the big girls. They are fattening up. .

Bruce's Sprinkler Repair
817-798-7246
52 years experience
State Licensed Irrigation
LI0017483

Fishing Texas lakes one at a time

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13702280 09/16/20 02:27 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
cheers

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13706373 09/21/20 01:56 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Cliff Note Version. I was shocked when I got cold this AM, had to grab the jacket.... Sand bass fishing sucked. I caught fish but only 3-4 each time I found some. Bass fished from 4am -11 then went to the beach until 1pm. Fished around but couldn't really find any quality sand bass that wanted to play. Went back to bass fishing around 5 and pulled out at 7:30. Bass fishing is solid, had a good number of solid fish before the sun came up on the boat ramp at Scotts Landing. Fished a 8" craw worm, and a 10" red shad power worm all day. Early the bass were in the 5-8ft range, late afternoon all the fish were right in the 14ft range on the area i was fishing. Last spot I fished, I caught three fish in the same spot with the 10" worm. Was a real treat to finish the day. Highlight of the day, I saw a man driving a Ranger @ 50 hit a wake from a Wakeboat and it launched up into the air. His cover for his motor came loose on the landing. I checked on him and he was ok.. Prop was out of the water about 4 feet..

Caught a pretty nice spot..

Prosise

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/21/20 02:17 AM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13706669 09/21/20 02:51 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Saturday Morning Report:
Good fishing all over. Meadowmere at sun up was great for 30 minutes staying with the birds.
Rock Crusher area was good but had to dig through the short ones. Murrell Point was good till 11 am.

Had to drift fish and use anchor. Wish I had a trolling motor.

Just a note: Minn Kota - Ulterra's suck. $2200 and 3 years old and already having major issues. Taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13707876 09/22/20 04:12 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
That is good info, when I launched sunday the white cranes were going crazy near the island. Between the island and the south shore area.. There were three boats up there, and one appeared to be driving around in the middle. Didn't want to deal with the guy in the boat so I headed to murrell to spot check it.. I should have eased up to the cranes working just to check it out. I definitely missed out on that one.. I know I should be looking shallower, but I still am working the deeper stuff for the bigger fish. I see the cranes working just east of murrell all the time, but they are working bait, never pick up any sandies over on that shallower area during the summer time. This would explain allot. I need to focus on the shallower areas, Im showing signs of localitis..
Went out last night at 6pm to 1am and bass fished a spot that I really wanted to go over thoroughly. For the record, I broke my own rule and pulled the net out of the back storage compartment, and assembled it before I started fishing.. I am superstitious on the high spectrum. Got about 8 short strikes/thumps but nothing was ever there afterwards.. So I goose egged last night.. That is hard to say, but I'm ok with it. Man I love to worm fish structure, probably my most favorite thing to do. Rained on me until about 9pm, then was really nice.. Have 6th grade school help today, but heading out again this evening.. Will spend a little time looking shallower for some Sandies.. Anyone know the points that historically support the sandies? I just look for the bait, and try to narrow in on them. Take care all..

Prosise

Last edited by prosise; 09/25/20 01:37 AM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: prosise] #13707991 09/22/20 05:32 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Yes shallower early. 10 to 12 ft, but by 8:30 on a sunny day they have moved out to the deeper 20' + structure.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13715128 09/29/20 02:12 PM
B
BassRaiderFisherman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
I just bought spoons, chatterbaits, and squarenosed c [Linked Image]
ranks...I might test them out at Murrell Sunday for some AM fishing in the BassRaider

I fished around Stewart Creek Park at Lake Lewisville last Sunday but only caught 1 white bass. Water was too choppy to enjoy anything.

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13715215 09/29/20 03:55 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Oh yeah.. You will have some fun, just be prepared for the wake boats out on main lake. They are crazy out in mid-day times.. With the cooler wx you might see less. I am heading out this afternoon, if I run across anything I will let you know. Dern sandies are not in the same place day to day. If you launch in the back of meadomere you can have some shelter feom the traffic if it gets bad. If you dont have an anchor let me know, I found another anchor and with a chain and some rope you are in business... Instant message me if you need one. It is nice to anchor with the wind sometimes and take a break, or work a spot..

Prosise

Re: Grapevine? [Re: prosise] #13715320 09/29/20 05:46 PM
B
BassRaiderFisherman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Are you fishing by the island at Twin Coves?

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13715501 09/29/20 08:45 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Lately I have been fishing for bass, and the fall pattern kicked in. I have fished just about every point, and drop that I know. Any for some reason I have gotten hung up on just about every darn rockpile I have fished lately. The Sandbass are like looters right now, you never know where they are going to be..

Prosise

Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13716226 09/30/20 02:42 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Don't really like fishing after a light front with bird blue skies, but I needed to get out of the house. Went out at 4pm and got home at 12pm last night. It was really windy yesterday and by the time I got to the lake it was starting to let up. The wind was coming out of the west straight down the lake. There were swells at rock ledge, and a mud line that was pretty large. Took about 20 gallons over the front of the boat fishing the rocks. New bilge pump test passed with flying colors. One thing, there is so much bait everywhere that the fish are going to really eat well for a while. I hit several spots fishing for bass, but it was slow. The lake definitely has turned, looks real green down the lake. Picked up two dinks on a Jig in about 10ft of water fishing a rock pile. Just before dark the lake was glass, headed to scotts landing to worm fish for a while and caught @ a 2lb in about 12ft of water on a rock ledge. I know the fish are shallow, I saw a man with his daughter catch about a 2lb bass off the bank using a bobber. I fished shallow for a bit but was targeting bigger bites. If I don't feel chunky rocks, gravel, or the very seldom brush I don't typically produce. That is so important on GV. If I am using a worm, jig, or crankbait I have to make contact. I left there about 10pm and headed out of the cove, turned on my flashlight and the bait is up at the surface. (most are 1.5" to 3") Was thick all the way out of the cove, out into the lake, and then some.. Went to the ramp just west of dove and bait was super thick as far as you could see, gar and other fish blowing up on the surface as far as you could see. Even at Dove at midnight the shad were everywhere, and I mean thick. I did fish the point at dove to wrap up the evening, a slight breeze picked up from the south and was just enough to move the boat.. Moon was almost full, and I mean to tell you beautiful out on the lake. Only saw one other boat who was catfishing, he was catching bait near the ramp I was fishing earlier. Fishing definitely slow, stopped at Murrell, and two other spots and looked for the sandbass but they were a ghost town. Fall transition is in full swing, lake temp 73.2 on the surface when I got to the lake.
I will go out this afternoon but not until midnight, wish I could but I have to work the next 3 days..

Moon was bright and real nice to be out.. that bright light in the top of the picture below was the moon..
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 09/30/20 02:44 PM.
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13718654 10/03/20 03:01 AM
T
TxDanFishMan Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Those are some great reports Prosise.

Night fishing can definitely be peaceful and productive.

Slide right, coming in .... Fish On!
Re: Grapevine? [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13720378 10/05/20 01:26 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Launched at 640, trailered at 630. Left right behind the tournament that started shotgun style. Long story short, I didn't fish for sandbass, but I caught some. Fished meadomere, and twin coves for the first part of the day. Caught some sandies on a crank bait working rocks at the point at meadomere. Worked hard, but only caught 4 keepers that were close. Picked up Mason and we headed up the lake to hunt for some bottles. Found some really cool navy buttons, and some odd bottles. Fished around some main points up upper end and was slow until I ran into rock.. Spinner bait Rocked up the lake, and I mean shallow.. Only bad thing is i lost one of my favorite nichols spinner bait that I have had for 25 years. Pattern is rocks and making contact, broke off on a good fish which was hugging the rocks. Fish from 1-4lbs and good numbers. Tons of bait up the lake, birds dive bombing like crazy. I am thinking of going up past the beach maybe tomorrow and try around the rocks on the north shore on the other side of the long point which separate's the main creek.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 10/05/20 12:48 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide