soggybottom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by soggybottom
I
Originally Posted by WAWI
I would also second Dave's opinion on catastrophic policy. I'm under cobra currently and pay 24k a year for a family policy. I will be shopping hard for a 10k deductible where I pay 100 percent upto that point when my cobra runs out. In hindsight I wish I would have done this already.

That would be great but this is what I always had. it was 500mth for my family. I paid anything under 7k. Now that is pretty much how all policies work now but the cost is 1200 mth.
The way it works now when you get sick you spend all the wealth your family might have and then you beg for money on the internet. sad
Think about WAWI plan ,24k a year!!? That is outrageous and unsustainable. If you make 50-60k can you pay over 10K for insurance? not unless you live under a bridge.

When you say you are paying 500 a month are you self employed or is your employers paying the rest. Most full coverage plans I have seen with low deductibles cost in the range of what I pay. You have to add the employer portion to get the real cost. I'm self employed so I pay entire amount

I was employed but this was 2007 and I paid my own insurance.

pledge= fishstick
Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: CaptainCrunch] #13711649 09/26/20 03:01 AM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Pre-Covid, the medical industry was spending a half a billion dollars a year on lobbying. Far and away the largest lobbying effort in history. This is what we describe as corruption in other countries, but call it legal here in America.

This^^^

Is Medicare Socialized Medicine???

How are Medicare hospital stay, surgeries, and doctor bills calculated?

Last edited by Spiderman; 09/26/20 03:15 AM.

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: Fishin' Nut] #13711798 09/26/20 12:33 PM
O
Oldrabbit Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by Fishin' Nut
Surprise Billing should be illegal, unless the patient can agree to the charge(s) before treatment. Then it is no longer a surprise. I remember getting bills from ER physicians and anesthesiologists who where out of network. Was never told, just got a bill for hundred's of dollars after insurance had paid.

I had the same experience, went to an "Approved IN Network ER" with what we thought was a hear attack. Two of the attending doctors were NOT in network at said in network ER and got the surprise bills from them. Found out later that both hospitals in town were in network but the insurance company preferred us to use the other one. When your ticker is messed up the extra few miles to the other hospital is not on your mind. Needless to say, I had the heart cath done at the preferred one later on once they thought they had it figured out.

Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: CCTX] #13711837 09/26/20 01:37 PM
Beak47 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
It is weird how the charges work. My wife is not yet to Medicare and went to a “Doc in the Box” with bronchitis. She did not even see a physician but saw a PA. She had Aetna through TRS as a retired teacher. The office visit with a “PA” was $350! Of course Aetna wasnt gonna pay that so the patient gets hammered. As was mentioned before the medical profession has helped create this. My thought is that if Biden is elected his plan will be as bad or worse to push his left agenda.

Hardcore Texan
Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: CCTX] #13711846 09/26/20 01:50 PM
Beak47 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
And for you young Forum members out there dreaming of retirement- MEDICARE IS NOT FREE! My Part B is $144 a month and Supplement (Medigap) is up to $250. Part D medicine is $25. That being said I have never had a Copay going through doctors visits including testing as well as 2 Surgeries. Just a heads up.

Hardcore Texan
Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: Spiderman] #13711934 09/26/20 03:09 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Pre-Covid, the medical industry was spending a half a billion dollars a year on lobbying. Far and away the largest lobbying effort in history. This is what we describe as corruption in other countries, but call it legal here in America.

This^^^

Is Medicare Socialized Medicine???

How are Medicare hospital stay, surgeries, and doctor bills calculated?

The closest the USA has to Socialized Medicine is VA care. FYI, I have been getting great VA care for many years. Yes there have been problems. Had a bad Doc once. Filed a complaint, as many other patients did, and he no longer worked there. But overall, my health care (even appointment times) have been far better than when I was being seen by civilian Docs before I got into the VA system. I don't have to worry about cost. I have a medical problem, I just make an appointment or go into the urgent care/emergency room.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: CCTX] #13711954 09/26/20 03:39 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Theres no single problem or fix. Emit, you may be the exception for great VA care. All we ever hear is how bad it is. Anyway, it's a revolving door for docs and insurance companies. They both get to line each others pockets. The docs may get the short end of that deal but they still get paid. Bottom line is money over morals but that's a whole different topic. My thoughts are no network, no state borders for insurance, just total free market where prices have to be set and shown before the work is done. You have to get the insurance out of the position they are in with the upper hand and let the people get that back. The only way to do that and keep it a free market is with a true free market and competition. That and crack down like a bad @$$ on anybody that works together to fix prices or services

Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: the skipper] #13711960 09/26/20 03:53 PM
E
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by the skipper
Theres no single problem or fix. Emit, you may be the exception for great VA care. All we ever hear is how bad it is. Anyway, it's a revolving door for docs and insurance companies. They both get to line each others pockets. The docs may get the short end of that deal but they still get paid. Bottom line is money over morals but that's a whole different topic. My thoughts are no network, no state borders for insurance, just total free market where prices have to be set and shown before the work is done. You have to get the insurance out of the position they are in with the upper hand and let the people get that back. The only way to do that and keep it a free market is with a true free market and competition. That and crack down like a bad @$$ on anybody that works together to fix prices or services

Free market and competition only works for larger cites for an industry like health care.

Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13711971 09/26/20 04:34 PM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by Emit [/quote

Free market and competition only works for larger cites for an industry like health care.

Proof?
Is this a theory?
Don't you think there are a huge number of doctors and nurses which would love to work in small towns.
Is there suddenly a logistics problem?
Can we not ship medical supplies to small cities.
This is BS

Last edited by outfishdya; 09/26/20 04:35 PM.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: outfishdya] #13711982 09/26/20 04:44 PM
E
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by outfishdya
Originally Posted by Emit

Free market and competition only works for larger cites for an industry like health care.[/quote

Proof?
Is this a theory?
Don't you think there are a huge number of doctors and nurses which would love to work in small towns.
This is BS

Where is the competition when you only have 1 County hospital and the closest other ones are in Cites 45 minutes or more away? You must not know how Free Market and Competition work. There actually has to be a market big enough to drive competition.

Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13711986 09/26/20 04:47 PM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw

Proof?
Is this a theory?
This is BS[/quote

Where is the competition when you only have 1 County hospital and the closest other ones are in Cites 45 minutes or more away? You must not know how Free Market and Competition work. There actually has to be a market big enough to drive competition.

Hmm
Drive 45 miles or pay 10x the costs....
Seems like an easy decision.
Convince will always be a premium, but it doesn't mean monopoly

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: CCTX] #13711991 09/26/20 04:53 PM
N
Near Nuthin' Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
This EO is a political stunt for the election. It is essentially a rebranding of Obama Care.

Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: outfishdya] #13711993 09/26/20 04:54 PM
E
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E

Hmm

Yup, you clearly don't understand living in Rural America nor how Free Market and Competition works. But you are like my dad was. He would drive 30 miles to save 2 cents per gallon for gas. It would cost him more to drive there and back, but he had his principle to live by.

Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13712030 09/26/20 05:31 PM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O

Hmm

Yup, you clearly don't understand living in Rural America nor how Free Market and Competition works. But you are like my dad was. He would drive 30 miles to save 2 cents per gallon for gas. It would cost him more to drive there and back, but he had his principle to live by.

I pay more for gas to use the old country store. I chit chat with the olds who are in there each morning and listen to them talk about how screwed up the left has made our nation. I am nothing like your cheap dad was. I also support the local fishing supply store. If I didn't think all doctors were scum sucking bastages, I might support them too. They have shown their colors. Green and greed.

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: The back door to socialized medicine [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13712169 09/26/20 07:57 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Proof?
Is this a theory?
This is BS[/quote

That is how the free market works. If health care or insurance is important to you, then you’ll find a way. People live in the sticks for many reasons, and choose to do so giving up a lot of things they can get in the big city.

To say have a true market health insurance system wouldn’t work because there are people who live out in the country is, no offense, one of the silliest arguments to not have a true free market system. We have to stop governing this way. Free markets woke, but the government only creates winners and losers with everything it does. Let the free markets work, let people choose, and let individuals determine what’s best for them.

We are so far away from free markets in a lot of industries, but the “people living in the country” argument might be the weakest one I’ve ever seen for arguing against free markets.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide