Forums59
Topics1,039,911
Posts13,972,087
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: COVID-19 Case Mortality Rate for Children [Re: Jpurdue] #13640232 07/22/20 06:55 PM
H
H.Town_paddler Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
My daughters softball league started back around 5 weeks ago. Since then Houston has been a hot spot. 12 girls in a dugout screaming, cheering, sharing bats, mistakenly putting on someone else’s glove, etc. Not one case from the entire organization. Through all age groups there has to be thousands of kids. My kids will be going back to school. Obviously kids are not effected by it if they get it, and I’m starting to think they don’t get it at all on any large scale.

Re: COVID-19 Case Mortality Rate for Children [Re: H.Town_paddler] #13640258 07/22/20 07:08 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler
My daughters softball league started back around 5 weeks ago. Since then Houston has been a hot spot. 12 girls in a dugout screaming, cheering, sharing bats, mistakenly putting on someone else’s glove, etc. Not one case from the entire organization. Through all age groups there has to be thousands of kids. My kids will be going back to school. Obviously kids are not effected by it if they get it, and I’m starting to think they don’t get it at all on any large scale.

Soccer dad at my office had the same experience until he and his whole family contracted it causing our office team to all be tested or quarantined and tested before returning to work. I guess he didn't consider the lives outside his own household he would be effecting.

Re: COVID-19 Case Mortality Rate for Children [Re: hook_n_line] #13640266 07/22/20 07:11 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Too many unknowns for children right now. Are you willing to risk your kid's long term health is the question? Is covid-19 like dry drowning? Is it like shingles? Will it be like HPV? Nobody knows. Homeschooling my son has decided to do. It will also prevent the chance of indoctrination. I was already having to explain to my granddaughter the reason behind fishing and hunting and real food doesn't start at McDonald's or the grocery store.

What's the long term damage to kids trying to learn from home on a computer screen? What's the long term damage from kids not socializing for a year? What's the long term damage financially for parents who have to have one parent stay home to supervise all this? What's the long term damage to kids who have terrible home environments? It's a complicated problem that each family needs to make their own choice on.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: COVID-19 Case Mortality Rate for Children [Re: Jpurdue] #13640269 07/22/20 07:13 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
I know a person that coaches and runs 2 different leagues. He is up close and personal with kids all the time. He got it, his wife didnt get it nor did any of his kids. His or his team. Was really surprised his wife didnt cause they are together all the time. She has been tested 3 times now. Strange stuff.

Re: COVID-19 Case Mortality Rate for Children [Re: Jpurdue] #13640273 07/22/20 07:14 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
My kid will be at school the minute they open the doors by the way.

Re: COVID-19 Case Mortality Rate for Children [Re: hook_n_line] #13640275 07/22/20 07:14 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D

Soccer dad at my office had the same experience until he and his whole family contracted it causing our office team to all be tested or quarantined and tested before returning to work. I guess he didn't consider the lives outside his own household he would be effecting.

Do you go to the grocery store? How about the mailbox? Gas station? Walk down the street? Do you buy toilet paper?
I hope you don’t do any of those things. If you do, then you’re not thinking about all the other lives you could affect.

The point I am making is that you are more or less saying that what they are choosing is not important, or essential, so it’s not worth the risk. I would be willing to bet there are some choices that you make that could be judged the same way.

Re: COVID-19 Case Mortality Rate for Children [Re: Jpurdue] #13640314 07/22/20 07:30 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Too many unknowns for children right now. Are you willing to risk your kid's long term health is the question? Is covid-19 like dry drowning? Is it like shingles? Will it be like HPV? Nobody knows. Homeschooling my son has decided to do. It will also prevent the chance of indoctrination. I was already having to explain to my granddaughter the reason behind fishing and hunting and real food doesn't start at McDonald's or the grocery store.

What's the long term damage to kids trying to learn from home on a computer screen? What's the long term damage from kids not socializing for a year? What's the long term damage financially for parents who have to have one parent stay home to supervise all this? What's the long term damage to kids who have terrible home environments? It's a complicated problem that each family needs to make their own choice on.

I agree each family is left to make their own decision. I would rather have a healthy kid make it to be a healthy adult. There are plenty of "only child" survivors. Not all home school is on a computer screen. Only one of my parents worked while the other took care of 5 kids and yes it was tough but we made it.(used to be the norm). People should watch out for children in bad environments, My folks took in 2 on top of the 5 of their own and my wife and I have taken in 1. You're right though. to each his own. All we can do is keep the children safe because when we are gone they will be faced with difficulties of their own.

Re: COVID-19 Case Mortality Rate for Children [Re: Davedave] #13640323 07/22/20 07:39 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
Angler
Angler
H
Originally Posted by Davedave

Do you go to the grocery store? How about the mailbox? Gas station? Walk down the street? Do you buy toilet paper?
I hope you don’t do any of those things. If you do, then you’re not thinking about all the other lives you could affect.

The point I am making is that you are more or less saying that what they are choosing is not important, or essential, so it’s not worth the risk. I would be willing to bet there are some choices that you make that could be judged the same way.

It was a statement not a judgement. I think about every life I could have an affect on. I put a glove on at the gas station(per the wife) Don't go to the grocery but once a month because we catch or harvest what we eat. Toilet paper is delivered and bills are online. I have a father in law who we take care of so yes we are extra cautious and have been for years.

Re: COVID-19 Case Mortality Rate for Children [Re: Jpurdue] #13640341 07/22/20 07:48 PM
L
Leonardo1 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
L
One of the Cook's Children's affiliates put out some meaningful data regarding children. It aligns withy your research.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide