Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13628377 07/13/20 01:30 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Me and my baby girl went out for the morning and came in at 2pm, dropped her off and picked up Mason. Caught many small schooling sandbass in front of Meadowmere. At 1pm they were schooling in the middle of the lake in front of Meadowmere, when me and mason returned they were schooling on both the east point coming out of the cove and the west main point. The school at the west main point was at least a 100 yards long, but all small fish.. Was fun, but it was hot, and I mean HOTT>>> Good day with "allot of fish caught on small castmaster spoons on light braided line. The bait theyu are chasing are 1 inch glass minnows. Left at about 7pm and enjoying a cold one.. Was 99 and temp on boat was 107 on the temp gauge, brown carpet doesn't help. Jump in the water and when you get out you still feel hot.. Going to break out the Sombrero tomorrow.

Video

Last edited by prosise; 07/13/20 03:15 AM.
Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13629604 07/14/20 12:24 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Hot today, was slow in the morning. Not any schools seen on top around meadowmere, murrell, or on the north side. Was surprised not to see them in the dove ramp area as well. Fished a few points for bass while Mason fished for sandies, bass were fair. Caught 4 on a watermellon red flake french fry on a Carolina rig, nothing on the sand bass side. Went exploring and found some neat stuff, then little man cut his finger. Saw a boat in the mouth of dove, just west of the island at 2pm catching small schooling fish.

Prosise

Last edited by prosise; 07/14/20 12:54 AM.
Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: prosise] #13630473 07/14/20 05:42 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Headed out Wednesday after 5 to chase them for a couple of my grand daughters. They won't mind the small schoolers to play with.

Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13631119 07/15/20 02:29 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Launched at 830am at dove with my daughter, my kids sleep schedules are all out of wack. Did allot of looking around but not much seen, spent several hours at the beach before coming back down and fishing several points with a carolina rig. Landed a couple keepers (largemouth bass) on a random point in @ 12 ft of water. Pulled out at 2pm and headed home to swap kiddos. Launched at 4pm at dove and fish were schooling in the ramp cove, caught many small fish.. They died down about 5 and I went to the carolina rig for (bass) , caught 5 keepers. Then I got my butt kicked, two break offs and a bent wire hook.. Mason caught my pouty face when I broke off the second time.. Fishing a dark watermelon 4" ring craw, and they liked it. Not much sandbass info, but hope it helps, heading out early for revenge on a few fish with the worm..

[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 07/15/20 03:51 AM.
Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13631853 07/15/20 07:34 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P

Launched at 5 at Dove Ramp, fished the point right at the ramp until @ 7'ish. Drove out to the long point at Murrell and started catching good fish right off the drop @ 27 ft. Had a good visit and caught allot of fish which were very thick.. Allot of little fish were out there but good fish also. Had several at 14.5 and a couple over 15. (((forgot to add))) You will not see many large schools on your graph, just fish hugging the bottom. There were some schools seen coming thru on the graph of a friend of mine. I tend to see fish on the bottom and they react to the bait. I do not vertical jig too much, I will cast and then work it back. It allows me to cover more area. )))))) 2 Guide boats with some kids showed up and we moved them right on the fish. Nothing better than seeing the kids get on the fish. Saw a couple doubles which is always a good time. Fishing slowed around 9:30 and moved to a point to fish for some bass. Wind was pretty high and trolling motor was on non-stop. Yes I need a spot lock. I see one in the future. Ended up back at Dove launch and picked up a dink on a Carolina rig. When I pulled out i had a low tire, picked up a nail.. When I finished (12:00 noon) I noticed fish schooling 20 feet from the boat launch and the school was pretty big. Hope you all get on some fish, might check out Murrell all the way out on the end just off the drop.. Wind let up and turning out to be a nice day. Using the big spoon right on the bottom.. Had rough idle all of a sudden, pulled carbs and cleaning out jets as I type..

Made a time lapse video from when I started fishing to the end, the beginning is dark so give it about 10 seconds. Ran out of battery and missed about 30 mins. Good day on the water.. Will be heading to the salt mine for the next 3 days. Take care all & God Bless.

Time Lapse Video

Last edited by prosise; 07/17/20 04:10 PM.
Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: prosise] #13633429 07/16/20 11:24 PM
F
Fishn Frank Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
Hey we appreciate your posting up the info on Grapevine! Going out tomorrow morning so wish us luck. Will look for you next week in the brown boat. Black Ranger for me. Thanks

Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13636424 07/19/20 10:59 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Not a whole lot of info. Launched at 7am and the parking lot was full, i really thought there was a local bass club tournament rolling. Bass boats were zipping around like mosquitoes. Headed right out to the point at Murrell and picked up a few really nice fish before i got hung up. Spent 10 minutes fiddling with that before we got back on track, fish moved on. Think you really have to make a good presentation to get them to bite, they were thick but they were shy. A gentleman and his wife were using small shad and doing well, but the spoon wasn't knocking them out. One think i saw allot, small fish following my bait up. Mason almost landed a monster sandie but it three the hook at the boat, was sure hoping to get more of them. Gar are working overtime in this area so i think it's a mute point. Spent a couple hours at the beach, then some time hunting old bottles before we returned looking for fish. Probably 1:30pm caught a dozen right off the drop with the white jig at the very end of the point. Allot of small sandies looking for bait shallow, picked up several on a small jig reeling slow (@6ft). Little man was worthless today, stayed up all night and was not hitting on all cylinders. Got a full tummy of shrimp tacos, going to get a good night sleep and hit it hard with both the little ones in the AM. Boat traffic was crazy today, and the village idiots are still out there in rental pontoon boats.. Be safe all, and hope to get more info tomorrow. God Bless

Prosise

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: prosise] #13637218 07/20/20 05:27 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
J
Thanks for the update. I will probably go out middle of the week again. See if the evenings are starting to pick up again.
Slow and hard to find the last 2 times I was out.

Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13637900 07/21/20 02:11 AM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Not much info to share, I bass fished from 5 to about 9 then stopped by the main point at murrell and it was a ghost town. Seeing some bait but no fish. Worked my way up the lake fishing info that was given to me and I ran into some schooling sandies on the point east of Rocky point. Pretty thick and real nice fish, Think it was about 10am. Also landed a monster Bass on a small blade lure.. Added the picture to brag a little.. Spent the day with the kids at the beach, cleaned out about 3 gallons of metal scrap from the sand. Came down and hit the usual spots with no takers, while we were headed to dove ramp there was a Massive school chasing shad west of the island.. Some small but some were real nice fish.. I think you have to be at the right place at the right time at this point of the summer. I would fish sunrise and sunset around the dove ramp, Island if I wanted to run into some schooling fish. Other than that i do not really have anything solid right now. Bass fishing is pretty good. Caught some dinks early, then slowed down on a point with a finess red shad power worm and landed two in the 2lb range, and another around a pound on one drop. Take care all & be safe. We went thru 3 gallons of water today.. BTW, the sandbass below was my daughters, she was dangling a spoon behind the boat when the fish were schooling and caught a nice one..

Short Video of some highlights (((click)))

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13640523 07/22/20 09:51 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Launched at 4am and fished for bass until about 9. Other than small schools on the north east side of the lake popping up every now and then it was quiet. Nothing seen at the hump at Murrell.. Went up to the beach for a couple hours and on my way back just did some looking. Ran into small schooling fish in the middle of the lake near Meadowmere park at 1:30pm. Action lasted 80 minutes. Had the gopro running so I threw together a time lapse from the time I left the Beach to the ramp.. Caught allot and at one time had a big "something" on that was feeding on the sand bass.. Tried the big spoon down below the schools and picked up a couple better fish.. Caught many right at the boat without casting. Right now you just have to be looking for bait, and at the right place at the right time. Bass fishing is pretty good on Craw worms in the 12-14ft range.
Take care all & God Bless. Will be heading to the salt mine for 3 days..

Time lapse video <<<<CLICK>>>

Last edited by prosise; 07/23/20 12:46 AM.
Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13649671 07/29/20 11:42 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Last update for this thread. Fished Sun, Mon, and today with no pattern to share. I specifically fished for bass all three days, if the sandbass showed up I would have some fun. Sunday I fished surface sandies for 80 minutes non-stop near Rock ledge park, and I saw many boats huddled just west of me towards the Hotel.. Monday was much different, cloudy and tough. Nothing to share for monday. Seeing a few schools pop up and then nothing. Today wasn't too bad, started near rock ledge park, moseyed down to Murrell and the fish were there but they were small. No big numbers, but out of the blue they started working small shad on the surface. The thing is, there were not many fish surfacing but I threw a small torpedo and picked up many. A guide was working the drop about 30 yards from me and catching fish as well down deep.. Saw a jug-line swim near the boat, called the owner and delivered a 10lb catfish which he couldn't find. After I delivered the cat I had engine probs, think I may have a stater problem. Will troubleshoot and see what the issue is. Lake water is hot, fish are all over the place, and random. I pulled up at Dove ramp at 11:30 and small sandies were schooling on the ramp. Caught a couple, chased them for about 10 mins and then gone. Follow the shad, you will find the fish. It has been a great time on the water, and wish you all many blessings. God Bless, get those kids out to wet a line, and will hopefully cross paths with you all soon. Me and mason will still be out fishing, but will not be updating the fishing report. If you have any questions, shoot me a IM. I will get to it and get back to you. Thank to all for the positive feedback, and it is much appreciated.

BTW : bass- I am fishing in the 18-22ft range right now and doing ok..

Take care and see you all soon...

Brent & Mason Prosise

Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13818360 12/24/20 05:46 PM
P
prosise Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
P
Last little icing on the cake for Grapevine. Still catching allot of fish, but most have been smaller fish. Really have to finesse then. But on that note I got a Christmas gift from Lady Grapevine, thought it was a catfish until it hit the surface. Biggest bass I have caught with a jjgging spoon. Using 6lb braided, with a 15lb flouro leader. Definitely lucky, Mason said she was probably yawning when I snagged her lip. But was very happy, and she was released. As long as you ease up to spots with your trolling motor you will do pretty good, but they are gone if you drive up with the big motor.
Pix from sun & mon. I Put the chair on the front of the boat and just sitting back and finesse fishing this small cordell jig. Primarily fishing murrell, they will be there but you have to beat them on the head. Yesterday it was nonstop until the wind picked up, waves were coming over the back of the boat. I was anchored and it was tough to leave. Only boat i saw was a downrigger outfit that was looking around.

Merry Christmas all, and many blessings for all of you and your families

Prosise

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 12/24/20 05:49 PM.
Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13821788 12/28/20 05:20 AM
E
Ed-n-eddy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
E
thumb

1987 Whaler Super Sport 17, Yamaha 90
1981 Whaler Sport 13, Johnson 50
Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: JWC Nauticstar] #13822297 12/28/20 07:53 PM
B
Budlitego Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Thanks For The Report!

Re: Grapevine Sandies [Re: prosise] #13829827 01/03/21 01:44 AM
D
Doulos DRA Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Was wondering if you'd stopped fishing for a while.... Glad to see you're still at it, thanks for the update!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide