Forums59
Topics1,041,170
Posts13,994,859
Members144,250
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617601 07/03/20 01:07 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
I have shared all I know and have read on the topic. I certainly could be wrong here. You are correct manufacturing environments are different. I also don’t blame you for not wanting to get caught up in an expensive lawsuit as a small business owner.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Jpurdue] #13617602 07/03/20 01:09 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
Originally Posted by COFF
Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler
I thought he was a dentist?

Shots fired! Shots fired! roflmao

I wrote my first claustrophobia mask exemption note yesterday so that counts for something. banana

Baby steps. wink

Likely it won’t do them any good. Business are private property and they can deny service just like they can for no shoes no shirt no service. The ADA does not cover masks. Most business are just providing alternate options like curb side pick up for those who claim to be unable to wear a mask.

Not talking about a business. I'm talking about the new "requirement" to wear a mask when social distancing isn't possible.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archive...K5xdzdTCFc6f-FnLJ1zsrqvxXKnR3jvR-hISvQ8c

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: WAWI] #13617607 07/03/20 01:13 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
The ADA does not cover people not wearing a mask. Nobody is stomping their feet except the non-maskers. As I stated last April, there may not be one peak, it could be a series of peaks, and states that were slow to act will keep the virus and need for protective measures going longer. Note also the mayors of many large cities sent a letter to Abbott about the need for masks and social distancing weeks ago. And this is why other states are imposing quarantines--we're a mobile society and states doing a good job don't want the virus coming back in.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Tallgrass05] #13617617 07/03/20 01:19 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
The ADA does not cover people not wearing a mask. Nobody is stomping their feet except the non-maskers. As I stated last April, there may not be one peak, it could be a series of peaks, and states that were slow to act will keep the virus and need for protective measures going longer. Note also the mayors of many large cities sent a letter to Abbott about the need for masks and social distancing weeks ago. And this is why other states are imposing quarantines--we're a mobile society and states doing a good job don't want the virus coming back in.

Why did the mayors of large cities allow 4 weeks of riots during a pandemic? Because the spread was slowing and they need it to be an issue through the Summer.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617621 07/03/20 01:20 PM
T Bird Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Everyone (and rightly so) gets concerned when the government starts dictating policies that impact our personal lives. We worry about government overstepping their authority and history shows they have tried and failed on many occasions.

On this issue mandating wearing of mask. I don't personally feel this is a constitutional infringement on my rights. The minor inconvenience caused to me is heavily outweighed by the potential of reducing the spread of a highly contagious virus.

At the end of the day, this is not a constitutional rights battle that need be fought.

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: T Bird] #13617624 07/03/20 01:23 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by T Bird
Everyone (and rightly so) gets concerned when the government starts dictating policies that impact our personal lives. We worry about government overstepping their authority and history shows they have tried and failed on many occasions.

On this issue mandating wearing of mask. I don't personally feel this is a constitutional infringement on my rights. The minor inconvenience caused to me is heavily outweighed by the potential of reducing the spread of a highly contagious virus.

At the end of the day, this is not a constitutional rights battle that need be fought.

thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617628 07/03/20 01:27 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
The good and bad news being reported out as of yesterday. We are dealing with a new mutation of COVID 19. It has a higher transmissible rate but is less deadly.

If 100% of the people wore mask, COVID 19 would go away faster. But there are a bunch of people that will resist everything. Sad thing is, people doing the right thing are protecting the people not wearing masks, while the people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone else at risk.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: T Bird] #13617636 07/03/20 01:32 PM
T
Ted Dyer Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by T Bird

6 pages to get the reasonable answer. Lot of folks seem to get oppression confused with inconvenience.

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13617639 07/03/20 01:33 PM
chickenman Offline
1:28
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
If 100% of the people wore mask, COVID 19 would go away faster.

Try living a healthy lifestyle and/or washing your hands. If you're close enough to smell someone's fart, you're close enough to smell what they're digesting.

Since I was little, I've washed my hands regularly and tried not to get close enough to smell people's fart.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Jpurdue] #13617640 07/03/20 01:34 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I have shared all I know and have read on the topic. I certainly could be wrong here. You are correct manufacturing environments are different. I also don’t blame you for not wanting to get caught up in an expensive lawsuit as a small business owner.

I have a person that comes in not often but not rarely either. He has a son that God bless him has a really hard time. I have a fairly good size place that allows you to spread out alot, back area covered patio, etc. He does the same thing every time, Do you mind if we sit at the bar? (Which is right in the middle of everything) of course we say go ahead cause we arent stupid. Next thing you know all kinds of yelling and tantrums get started. It's really unnerving type stuff that clears the area out within minutes. It upsets staff, customers, children around them. You name it and they will stay for hours. I'd bet my last dollar he is trolling business all over. Who in their right mind as a care giver would do that. Business are fearful to a fault of this kind of stuff, which is why some gd pitbull ends up in a dining room because we cant question it, ask for documentation, nothing. They say service animal that's the end of the conversation. I think the masks are an infringement, I dont think the burden should be placed on the business to enforce as we are not police. I dont think I should have to chase customers around the store like herding cats. Now before some clown jumps on me we have spread out bar seats, closed off tables, removed tables, staff has been wearing masks for months , sanitizer all over the place, etc etc etc. Most every business I know is doing their part. The government should do their own dirty work. Go out and write tax paying customers tickets, let the LEO decide if a person is exempt, Business has been treated very badly by government and we will remember it at the ballot box and when they come asking for donations for their little campaigns.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617641 07/03/20 01:34 PM
chickenman Offline
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Tallgrass05] #13617646 07/03/20 01:37 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Tallgrass05

Obviously they cover it because they are already giving preliminary guidance on it and opinions. If they weren't gonna cover it why would they give guidance professor, they have already cited copd, asthma, cystic fibrosis, and god knows what else. It's in a publication already.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617680 07/03/20 01:56 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: chickenman] #13617683 07/03/20 01:59 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by chickenman
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
If 100% of the people wore mask, COVID 19 would go away faster.

Try living a healthy lifestyle and/or washing your hands. If you're close enough to smell someone's fart, you're close enough to smell what they're digesting.

Since I was little, I've washed my hands regularly and tried not to get close enough to smell people's fart.

A sneeze indoors can carry 26 feet.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617684 07/03/20 01:59 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
WTH is a non-masker? The mask is a placebo so you don't suck somebody's spit.

It will not stop the virus from exiting the mouth of someone infected and entering your lungs.

Why do the "scientific" posers keep lying?

Ecclesiastes 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide