Texas Fishing Forum

Abbott issues statewide mask mandate

Posted By: Mark Perry

Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 08:51 PM

Starts tommorrow. No expiration date.
Posted By: wyliepirate

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 08:54 PM

First offense is a warning, second can be a fine of $250 I think my wife said.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 08:55 PM

There you go. I have always said that if you make it mandatory I will wear a mask.

Good job! thumb

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by wyliepirate
First offense is a warning, second can be a fine of $250 I think my wife said.

Yes. No jail time allowed. Mostly gonna be education rather than fines from what we were told.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:02 PM

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronav...th-20-or-more-cases-of-covid-19/2399932/
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:03 PM

This ought to stop it.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:04 PM

I recall Abbott stating that he did not have the authority to do that
Posted By: Not2Old2Fish

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:06 PM

So put the Mask On, open the bars, so WAWI can show some pictures of drinks and Hawties.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:07 PM

There are still a few counties with less than 20 cases. Go HERE to see how many your county has.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:12 PM

I refuse to comply with this [censored]. I’ll lay it out before I pay it out. Wouldn’t be the first time.
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:15 PM

I've been wearing a mask to avoid saying hi to people I know. I'm sure they recognize me, but the mask makes it less weird when I don't acknowledge them. Or maybe it makes it even more uncomfortable, which in that case, that's fine too.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:18 PM

One of the things I've learned is a smile in public cheers people up.
I keep smiling but nobody knows.

I have started wearing safety glasses.
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:20 PM

http://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/efficacy-facemasks-coronavirus.php

Bandana is not the best thing to use....better off with some of the home sewn masks....I have gotten several off Facebook that you can insert a filter in...dispose of the filter after each use and throw the mask in the washer. I think they were $5/ea.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:22 PM

Can I golf maskless?
Posted By: Kattelyn

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:24 PM

Saw this coming.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Can I golf maskless?

Seems like if you can safely distance while outside especially exercising which golf is then you are OK.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Can I golf maskless?

Not at some nudist colonies...but you can golf pantless....
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:36 PM

The order does not apply to anyone 10 years old or younger, individuals with health conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask or someone who is consuming food or drink.

thank you!

some common sense in this one at least.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
The order does not apply to anyone 10 years old or younger, individuals with health conditions that prevent them from wearing a mask or someone who is consuming food or drink.

thank you!

Hop, ugly means you and I have to wear one.
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:45 PM

I isn’t wearing diddly squat Regardless who issues the order!!!!! thumb
Posted By: Not2Old2Fish

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chug-bug-bang1

I hope Covid don't turn you into diddly squat frkazoid

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1

thank you!

Hop, ugly means you and I have to wear one.

well there is that.
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:59 PM

Does my painters dust mask count?
Posted By: lanman71

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 09:59 PM

You show 'em!
Posted By: Wylie Jeff

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:01 PM

I think we are all gonna get this crud. Key now is do not over run the health care system. WEAR THE MASK!
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:01 PM

He didn't order wearing diddly squat, he ordered masks.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:03 PM

thank you!

Looks like I'm gonna be doin alot of day drinking.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:04 PM

More so than I already do
Posted By: PondFish

Originally Posted by Stump jumper

That's what I've been using
Posted By: kjwolvy

Guess Im not leaving Runnels county for awhile. So much for 4th plans
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:08 PM

Read the comments on Abbott's Twitter post where he talks about this order.

Just my opinion, but I think we're f'd. I hope I'm wrong, but I bet we get right back to a significant business shutdown like before.
Posted By: CBoone

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:14 PM

It's getting out of control with the reaction to this. There is simply too much $$$$$$ involved within the healthcare system and gov (plus all the lobbyist groups that pad the pockets of said politicians).

Is the virus real? Yes

Will a mask help you in any way shape or form? No - a surgical mask is useless very quickly in non-sterile environments (and that is if you're trained in using PPE correctly), a N95 mask is still going to allow virus particles to be exhaled into the environment - after all they're only designed to protect inhalation, and cloth masks are absolutely useless. Like trying to stop a flood with a chain link fence. Those are facts - not opinions.

Tell me something - if masks were the be-all-end-all to keep you safe - why has Dallas County seen a "mass" rise in cases when masks have been MANDATED for two weeks? Don't give me some 14 day incubation BS - science says now it's within 5 days.

Also if this virus is so bad that everyone "must" wear a mask - why are used masks allowed to go in the regular garbage? If what these politicians are pimping is true - that is bio-med waste and should be disposed as a hazardous material.....

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by CBoone
It's getting out of control with the reaction to this. There is simply too much $$$$$$ involved within the healthcare system and gov (plus all the lobbyist groups that pad the pockets of said politicians).

Is the virus real? Yes

Will a mask help you in any way shape or form? No - a surgical mask is useless very quickly in non-sterile environments (and that is if you're trained in using PPE correctly), a N95 mask is still going to allow virus particles to be exhaled into the environment - after all they're only designed to protect inhalation, and cloth masks are absolutely useless. Like trying to stop a flood with a chain link fence. Those are facts - not opinions.

Tell me something - if masks were the be-all-end-all to keep you safe - why has Dallas County seen a "mass" rise in cases when masks have been MANDATED for two weeks? Don't give me some 14 day incubation BS - science says now it's within 5 days.

Also if this virus is so bad that everyone "must" wear a mask - why are used masks allowed to go in the regular garbage? If what these politicians are pimping is true - that is bio-med waste and should be disposed as a hazardous material.....

You need to educate yourself a bit more on the topic.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by spazm09

Is the virus real? Yes

Educate me please

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:24 PM

Two weeks is the incubation period.
Masks are a tool and nobody said they were the end all, they just say they help.

Baby steps and more concern. If it transports to the public it should show results.
I still believe more of a game plan is needed. Show what different case results will force the govt to do.
The bottom line should be death rate. Thats the only thing that matters anyway.

Mark mentioned the 3C's the Japanese have used. Who knows what fits us best.

Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:24 PM

The hateful messages Abbott is getting are not surprising.
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:29 PM

Is the virus real? Yes

The masks aren’t the be all end all. They just help. Not sure why that concept is so hard for you to understand. It’s just like washing your hands, it helps. It’s vastly better than a shut down. Even Trump is now saying to quit being an idiot and wear a mask.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Is the virus real? Yes

The masks aren’t the be all end all. They just help. Not sure why that concept is so hard for you to understand. It’s just like washing your hands, it helps. It’s vastly better than a shut down. Even Trump is now saying to quit being an idiot and wear a mask.

All they do is give people a false sense of security. 99% of the people on the street don't put them on, take them off, or wear them correctly - with a virus that makes them useless. Not sure whats so hard for you to understand. If everyone was trained and fitted for PPE (like they are in hospitals) you and I could agree on their effectiveness. Their effectiveness as a tool doesn't jive with fining people. That's my opinion and it isn't going to change.

Who cares what Trump says?
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:37 PM

I like this. When Texas now has 6900 in hospitals with covid-19 and the average was from 1100-1800 in April and May, something's gotta be done. Bring the masks on and wear 'em with pride. I'm gonna make my own that has a big ole' MAGA emblem on front.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:37 PM

Is the virus real? Yes

Educate me please

No, do it yourself.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:39 PM

Is the virus real? Yes

Educate me please

No, do it yourself.

You seem to know so much, so please share your knowledge - otherwise shut up.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:42 PM

Abbott is a fraud and is nothing more than a front man for the Democraps

I also know spinals dewd, and he ain’t no spinal. He’s faking it big time and he can walk better than you and me

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:42 PM

You need to do it yourself because when I cite credible sources you're just going to blow them off. Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated. Back up your talk.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:45 PM

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/do-face-masks-decrease-the-risk-of-covid-19-transmission/

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:48 PM

You need to do it yourself because when I cite credible sources you're just going to blow them off. Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated. Back up your talk.

That's what I thought.

I don't deny PPE works - it indeed works - HOWEVER - people need to be trained how to put it on, take it off, as well as they need to be fitted for it. The general public is not. Period. All it does it create a false sense of security and leads to more spread whereas just maintaining 6' and washing your hands as well as just not being a disgusting human being can and is effective. I can go find 10 epidemiologist who say what I say and I can go find 10 who agree with you. There's no point in arguing. My opinion is what it is and yours is what it is.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:49 PM

That's what I thought.

I don't deny PPE works - it indeed works - HOWEVER - people need to be trained how to put it on, take it off, as well as they need to be fitted for it. The general public is not. Period. All it does it create a false sense of security and leads to more spread whereas just maintaining 6' and washing your hands as well as just not being a disgusting human being can and is effective. I can go find 10 epidemiologist who say what I say and I can go find 10 who agree with you. There's no point in arguing. My opinion is what it is and yours is what it is.

Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:55 PM

That's what I thought.

Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated.

Read the article - the scientific community is divided

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 10:57 PM

Paywall
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:01 PM

Cuz the first shutdown did alot of good there's no stopping it or the world.whats the point
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:07 PM

Just left bucees in Terrell and about 1/4 of the people weren’t wearing a mask I was one of them.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
http://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/efficacy-facemasks-coronavirus.php

Bandana is not the best thing to use....better off with some of the home sewn masks....I have gotten several off Facebook that you can insert a filter in...dispose of the filter after each use and throw the mask in the washer. I think they were $5/ea.

We have used these since the virus started. Wash the masks and add a new insert.

It's been working so far.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:10 PM

The mask you wear is helping other people be more safe. It is making the cloud of particles you exhale or sneeze or cough into the air smaller. It doesn't do much in the way of protecting the person wearing it. If a microdrop of spittle with COVID hits the outside of your mask, it is going to be pulled into your nose or mouth just by regular breathing.

Bottom line is it is still incumbent upon you to keep yourself safe. Even wearing a mask, keep your distance from others. Cary your own pen with a stylus to touch a keypad or sign a receipt. When you exit a store, do not touch your mask until after sanitizing your hands. Then only touch the ear straps. Put the used mask on the dashboard of your car and let it get some sun. Wash your hands often. And soap protects you by physically removing any bacteria from your hands, not by killing germs. Any anti-bacteria affect from your soap occurs after 2-3 minutes, so your drain pipes should be germ free. Simply scrub your hands well, rinse and repeat. The germs are removed.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:11 PM

That's what I thought.

Read the article - the scientific community is divided

Just because they found 3 people on the globe that say they “aren't sure” doesn’t mean scientist are divided. You don’t even have to be a scientist to know that even if they do nothing for the person wearing the mask they’ll do a lot to slow asymptomatic spread of a virus that is primarily spread by droplets. In addition to that, Plenty of links have already been posted on other threads on this forum that link to solid reputable scientific studies that show masks slow the spread. And for a final time, I don’t care what you do. Don’t wear one. Pay the fine. I’m young and healthy, I’ll be fine. But stop being a Karen and quit the constant whining and pretending you have some sort of profound instight not shared by 99% of the scientific community.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Just left bucees in Terrell and about 1/4 of the people weren’t wearing a mask I was one of them.

I hardly see anyone wearing one in Longview.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by COFF
The mask you wear is helping other people be more safe. It is making the cloud of particles you exhale or sneeze or cough into the air smaller. It doesn't do much in the way of protecting the person wearing it. If a microdrop of spittle with COVID hits the outside of your mask, it is going to be pulled into your nose or mouth just by regular breathing.

Bottom line is it is still incumbent upon you to keep yourself safe. Even wearing a mask, keep your distance from others. Cary your own pen with a stylus to touch a keypad or sign a receipt. When you exit a store, do not touch your mask until after sanitizing your hands. Then only touch the ear straps. Put the used mask on the dashboard of your car and let it get some sun. Wash your hands often. And soap protects you by physically removing any bacteria from your hands, not by killing germs. Any anti-bacteria affect from your soap occurs after 2-3 minutes, so your drain pipes should be germ free. Simply scrub your hands well, rinse and repeat. The germs are removed.

thumb
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:14 PM

One of the concerns is that it makes everything you touch more likely to be contaminated. By touching your own mask, which people do even more often than normally touching their face, you are touching a much more contaminated item, which in turn makes every else you touch more contaminated than it would have been.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pintail711
Originally Posted by BCBassCat

I hardly see anyone wearing one in Longview.

It’s [censored] Longview dewd!

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:16 PM

[
Just because they found 3 people on the globe that say they “aren't sure” doesn’t mean scientist are divided. You don’t even have to be a scientist to know that even if they do nothing for the person wearing the mask they’ll do a lot to slow asymptomatic spread of a virus that is primarily spread by droplets. In addition to that, Plenty of links have already been posted on other threads on this forum that link to solid reputable scientific studies that show masks slow the spread. And for a final time, I don’t care what you do. Don’t wear one. Pay the fine. I’m young and healthy, I’ll be fine. But stop being a Karen and quit the constant whining and pretending you have some sort of profound instight not shared by 99% of the scientific community.

It's actually the medical experts sending out mixed messages throughout this ordeal that created this confusion about wearing a mask so don't get too righteous about it.
Posted By: stroker46

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮
There you go. I have always said that if you make it mandatory I will wear a mask.

Good job! thumb

WOW? Republican leadership!
Posted By: Flags

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:17 PM

I won't wear one. If I get a ticket, I get a ticket. I see my country going down the tubes and I'm just tired of the BS.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Flags
I won't wear one. If I get a ticket, I get a ticket. I see my country going down the tubes and I'm just tired of the BS.

You do you man. I'm not going to shame anyone for not wearing one though I think it would help if they did. But what I cant stand is the spread of misinformation.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:23 PM

Lol, JPurdue you of all people calling someone else a Karen, c'mon man, that's exactly what you've been since day one of this thing
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:23 PM

Wearing a mask is that constant reminder that we are fighting a pandemic. That should keep everyone on track to be
careful and follow the rules that have been set. I think the problem with this virus is people cant see it.
If this virus was causing skin blisters, or all your hair falling out, or purple ears....you can bet people would be doing
everything possible to avoid it. But since you cant see it, we just walk around like it dont exist...until its too late.
Dont think it's not out there,..it really is. We all need to slow this down, and protect our families, our friends and
neighbors until there is a vaccine to combat this horrible monster. angel
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floon Swenson
Read the comments on Abbott's Twitter post where he talks about this order.

Just my opinion, but I think we're f'd. I hope I'm wrong, but I bet we get right back to a significant business shutdown like before.

Twitter is not real life and it shouldn’t be used as a barometer of what is going on in reality. But, yes, there was a lot of resistance in the replies.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hancock
[

It's actually the medical experts sending out mixed messages throughout this ordeal that created this confusion about wearing a mask so don't get too righteous about it.

Korean study showed ZERO reduction in viral particles coughed through a mask. Spazm, sir, take your own advice.
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:26 PM

I've always said, we should be wearning masks. bolt grin

I think the Governor handled himself well in the video and the way he explained it, we could roll with it. Especially if it keeps businesses open. I want the economy good.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
I've always said, we should be wearning masks. bolt grin

I think the Governor handled himself well in the video and the way he explained it, we could roll with it. Especially if it keeps businesses open. I want the economy good.

Yes.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean
[

Korean study showed ZERO reduction in viral particles coughed through a mask. Spazm, sir, take your own advice.

Source please.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:29 PM

[

Not recently. Let’s not forget just about every country on the planet has come to the same conclusion as well. They all just did it much earlier than we did. Shelter in place the old and weak. Everyone else be responsible and get on with your life. For right now being responsible means wearing a mask when indoors around strangers.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:31 PM

[

Source please.

Do you read Korean?

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:32 PM

[

I've read a few studies along those lines. I wish the experts would now share the data on contact tracing and other means of the virus spreading. Seems we are kept in the dark or they really just don't know. Being mandated to wear a mask while out walking just seems ridiculous. The order allows outdoor activities and swimming laugh

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:33 PM

No I can only write it. : (
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:36 PM

Bosque County has less than 20. I'm heading to the ranch and getting away from all you filthy heathens.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:38 PM

I can cite ten sources where cloth masks provide little to no benefit but we’ve been over this countless times on this forum. Make it worth my while with a friendly wager by putting your money where your mouth is or it’s just not worth it.

Social distancing works. Grandpa’s hanky? Debatable. wink

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
[
One of the concerns is that it makes everything you touch more likely to be contaminated. By touching your own mask, which people do even more often than normally touching their face, you are touching a much more contaminated item, which in turn makes every else you touch more contaminated than it would have been.

Agree that it isn't perfect. Most people wearing masks don't get Covid on them.
But consider if you did. Like you said you get the virus on the outside of the mask and you get them on your fingers then into your body. But consider that if you were not wearing a mask you get them on your face and also get them in your body.
It just means you are better protected wearing the mask and using it properly. I take mine off by the ear loop, then wash it.

It has to be better than not wearing one, especially if I were to sneeze and had it.
Posted By: lanman71

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:41 PM

I wonder if Trump said to wear masks if the anti-mask people would still be throwing a little whiny temper tantrum.

Just quit going to crowded places. Pretty easy!
Posted By: HasBen

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:43 PM

I just took a buff I wear in the boat when fishing and put it around my neck when I leave the house. If I have to enter a mandatory mask business, I just pull it up over my nose. Light, breathable, and meets the requirements for a face covering.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:45 PM

Some people are funny. "We want to open everything!!!" "Ok. Wear a mask and we will continue to open up" "I ain't wearing no stupid mask" lol. I dont get it at all. It's just a mask while you are around other people, no different than putting on clothes to go in public. I dont hear all the crying about "no shirt, no shoes, no service" which is the exact same thing.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by outfishdya
[

Agree that it isn't perfect. Most people wearing masks don't get Covid on them.
But consider if you did. Like you said you get the virus on the outside of the mask and you get them on your fingers then into your body. But consider that if you were not wearing a mask you get them on your face and also get them in your body.
It just means you are better protected wearing the mask and using it properly. I take mine off by the ear loop, then wash it.

It has to be better than not wearing one, especially if I were to sneeze and had it.

It isn't about keeping you from getting it. If you have it and wear a mask, you are more likely to spread it with your hands to others.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by the skipper
Some people are funny. "We want to open everything!!!" "Ok. Wear a mask and we will continue to open up" "I ain't wearing no stupid mask" lol. I dont get it at all. It's just a mask while you are around other people, no different than putting on clothes to go in public. I dont hear all the crying about "no shirt, no shoes, no service" which is the exact same thing.

He did not say indoors. It is 100 deg outside. Wearing that mask may kill people

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by lanman71
I wonder if Trump said to wear masks if the anti-mask people would still be throwing a little whiny temper tantrum.

Just quit going to crowded places. Pretty easy!

No, I support Abbott and I think he’s missed the mark on this. I’ve said it over and over again, stop putting your MFING hands around your face without washing your hands. I dip a can of snuff a day. I wipe my snuff down and use a plastic spoon to get a fat now.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/02/20 11:59 PM

read this.

I consider the mayo clinic a reliable source.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:03 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.
Lol, JPurdue you of all people calling someone else a Karen, c'mon man, that's exactly what you've been since day one of this thing

The Wuhan Prince roflmao
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Westside.

roflmao
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:24 AM

You don’t need to wash your mask. Just toss
It in the passenger seat of your truck. It will bake at 150 degrees for a few hours. No germ can survive that.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:41 AM

Now let's see if all the scared folks come out. They been all over the internet screaming they cant leave their house cause nobody will wear a mask. I suspect they ain't going anywhere but the keyboard to gripe about something else.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:52 AM

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:55 AM

I just ordered me some cheap masks. I want the thinnest, most comfortable offered.
I wonder if I can just draw it on with face paint....

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:02 AM

Just because they found 3 people on the globe that say they “aren't sure” doesn’t mean scientist are divided....... But stop being a Karen and quit the constant whining and pretending you have some sort of profound instight not shared by 99% of the scientific community.

C’mon..... Let's stop with the spread of misinformation and have a friendly wager of $50 per peer reviewed lit citation from Medline and the like showing little to no benefit of cloth face coverings preventing viral spread. You and Spaz can split the fee. With 99% of the scientists in agreement you should be fine. wink

I’ll even donate the proceeds to the next TFF GTG.

grill

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:03 AM

I may wear a pillow case with the eyes cut out

Originally Posted by WAWI

May want to re think that

happy8 Hahaha

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:07 AM

Just because they found 3 people on the globe that say they “aren't sure” doesn’t mean scientist are divided....... But stop being a Karen and quit the constant whining and pretending you have some sort of profound instight not shared by 99% of the scientific community.

C’mon..... Let's stop with the spread of misinformation and have a friendly wager of $50 per peer reviewed lit citation from Medline and the like showing little to no benefit of cloth face coverings preventing viral spread. You and Spaz can split the fee. With 99% of the scientists in agreement you should be fine. wink

grill

Nobody is arguing cloth masks do the wearer much good, but they sure do an okay job knocking down expelled droplets which helps other people. Stop taking the arguments to extremes and saying if it doesn’t offer complete protection it offers no protection.

The only thing that does the wearer much good is a properly fitted N95 that is put on and taken off correctly. That’s been stated on here a dozen times before.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:09 AM

Just wear the mask and toss it in the trash instead of a bio/hazard bag like the good little sheep ya'll are... thumb

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:11 AM

grill

Nobody is arguing cloth masks do the wearer much good, but they sure do an okay job knocking down expelled droplets which helps other people. Stop taking the arguments to extremes and saying if it doesn’t offer complete protection it offers no protection.

The only thing that does the wearer much good is a properly fitted N95 that is put on and taken off correctly. That’s been stated on here a dozen times before.

Why are you arguing with a doctor. I think he knows more than you
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:24 AM

You may rethink that. I made one out of a screen door.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:25 AM

grill

You didn’t feel that way before when you trashed him three ways to Sunday three months ago when he didn’t agree with you. I have a lot of respect for Jackson, he’s clearly a smart man, but I’m very confident he’s wrong on this one. The other doctors (MDs) on here like CCTX have made it very clear masks are helpful.
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:26 AM

My wife says a mask makes me look more mysterious...whatever that means...:) Okie land will probably implement something like this shortly.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:31 AM

I’m not surprised. I told y’all Clay Jenkins was winning. That doesn’t mean I like it. It just means I’m not surprised. Things will most likely get more locked down again soon.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:35 AM

grill

I thought he was a dentist?
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:37 AM

I can't wait till halloween.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Davedave
I’m not surprised. I told y’all Clay Jenkins was winning. That doesn’t mean I like it. It just means I’m not surprised. Things will most likely get more locked down again soon.

Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price voted against the face mask ordinance

Obviously he sold out to the North Dallas white establishment
Posted By: COFF

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by H.Town_paddler

Shots fired! Shots fired! roflmao

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:06 AM

Jpurdue, I said he knows more than you. I felt that way 3 months ago too. I'm convinced of it now.
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:08 AM

Hard pass, I’m not wearing one.. I will be making a trip to a gun shop tomorrow tho to add to the arsenal.. the more these idiots speak and the more I see on the news, the more I feel like I need more in the safe., With record background checks last month I’m not alone.. fun fact, “mask” won’t keep the commies away but lead will,

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:11 AM

Abbot will announce a state wide curfew just before the 4th of July fireworks display
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkus
Hard pass, I’m not wearing one.. I will be making a trip to a gun shop tomorrow tho to add to the arsenal.. the more these idiots speak and the more I see on the news, the more I feel like I need more in the safe., With record background checks last month I’m not alone.. fun fact, “mask” won’t keep the commies away but lead will,

Good luck finding any guns. 3.8 Million sold in June. I'm ok with what I have, but sure wouldn't mind shopping, just in case.
thumb
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:28 AM

Good luck finding any guns. 3.8 Million sold in June. I'm ok with what I have, but sure wouldn't mind shopping, just in case.
thumb

yep, i was one of them!!!! The one i bought is capable of shooting BULL/$??? without splattering it!!!!!

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:31 AM

thumb

I think I want a tavor 12.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:47 AM

The growing list of states with universal mask mandates includes North Carolina, California, Nevada, Rhode Island, New York, Delaware, Connecticut, New Mexico, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas, Kansas, and Washington.
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:55 AM

thumb

I think I want a tavor 12.

Been looking for a tavor x95 myself.. I did pick up a Remington r15 today for a decent price..

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderman

The growing list of states with universal mask mandates includes North Carolina, California, Nevada, Rhode Island, New York, Delaware, Connecticut, New Mexico, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas, Kansas, and Washington.

I dont see Alabama on that list. Another reason I gotta head there. It's like the promised land. The land of milk and honey.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:02 AM

Is this legal ??

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Is this legal ??

[Linked Image]

It covers the mouth and nose ....

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderman

I dont see Alabama on that list. Another reason I gotta head there. It's like the promised land. The land of milk and honey.

Just got back, now in Louisiana on the bayou

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:09 AM

I'm jelly, Texifornia is giving me the sad.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:16 AM

I got frustrated with it all and quit my job.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:21 AM

I quit mine every day but they keep rehiring me.....
Posted By: Chug-bug-bang1

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti
Abbot will announce a state wide curfew just before the 4th of July fireworks display

Bearer of bad news or just a hoax in the waiting.......... bang

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:28 AM

I quit mine every day but they keep rehiring me.....

I ain't going back!!
grin

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 10:58 AM

You won't be allowed in.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 11:27 AM

I wrote my first claustrophobia mask exemption note yesterday so that counts for something. banana

Baby steps. wink

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 11:32 AM

The non-maskers are one reason the virus will be prolonged as a problem.
Posted By: gander

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 11:53 AM

It should....I am going to use a bandana....Ellis County Sheriff says he has no intention of enforcing the EO.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tallgrass05
The non-maskers are one reason the virus will be prolonged as a problem.

Democrats stomping their feet and throwing baby tantrums is the big reason it will be prolonged.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:04 PM

I wrote my first claustrophobia mask exemption note yesterday so that counts for something. banana

Baby steps. wink

Likely it won’t do them any good. Business are private property and they can deny service just like they can for no shoes no shirt no service. The ADA does not cover masks. Most business are just providing alternate options like curb side pick up for those who claim to be unable to wear a mask.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by gander
It should....I am going to use a bandana....Ellis County Sheriff says he has no intention of enforcing the EO.

I may do the also. Along with a 10 gallon hat, spurs, chaps and a six shooter. I'll be the covid cowboy.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:08 PM

Baby steps. wink

Likely it won’t do them any good. Business are private property and they can deny service just like they can for no shoes no shirt no service. The ADA does not cover masks. Most business are just providing alternate options like curb side pick up for those who claim to be unable to wear a mask.

I'm not so sure about this. The ADA pretty much covers every thing and we cant question it or request documentation.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:17 PM

From what I can see, all a store is required to do is make a reasonable accommodation. Just about everyone has curb side pick up. I’ve seen lots of comments online of people who have been denied access to a building even though they attempted to exploit the medical exemption loop hole. Who knows though, I’m sure this one will wind up settled in a court.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:26 PM

From what I can see, all a store is required to do is make a reasonable accommodation. Just about everyone has curb side pick up. I’ve seen lots of comments online of people who have been denied access to a building even though they attempted to exploit the medical exemption loop hole. Who knows though, I’m sure this one will wind up settled in a court.

That piece of guidance is pretty shaky and those people rewrite things none stop. It does not say we can deny service to them and their definition of reasonable accommodations can be pretty unreasonable. I was forced to build a wheel chair accessible area on a bar in one store because a table in the same area was no longer considered reasonable. When you have to defend an ada complaint after the fact you may see things a little different.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:32 PM

That piece of guidance is pretty shaky and those people rewrite things none stop. It does not say we can deny service to them and their definition of reasonable accommodations can be pretty unreasonable. I was forced to build a wheel chair accessible area on a bar in one store because a table in the same area was no longer considered reasonable. When you have to defend an ada complaint after the fact you may see things a little different.

Curbside pickup is not denying service. It’s denying access to a building while there is a government issued order requiring masks during a global pandemic. A person could come in with a note from their dentist saying they can’t wear clothes, they aren’t going to get much traction there either. I’ve been involved with dozens of ADA cases at work, the solution always comes back to a reasonable accommodation.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:35 PM

I feel for deaf people that communicate by reading lips

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:39 PM

If curbside service gonna be deemed reasonable, will they deem it reasonable for all issues covered under ADA. I suspect that will be viewed as a slippery slope. No more need for wheel chair ramps, no dogs in the buildings, no toilets 20.5 inches from wall, or whatever the standard is now. We can just curbside them all?????? I suspect this one will be sorted out in court and I'm not gonna be the one paying to defend it.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 12:56 PM

Read the national law review opinion on it JP and see. If it's as clear. And remember I believe you a in a manufacturing environment where I suspect most the issues you deal with are employee related. You have time to plot out a reasonable accommodation. Service retail type establishment have to make quick calls that can then be torn apart at the pleasure of lawyers with hindsight in their favor. For you guys that havent dealt with it there are absolutely people who troll business looking to get their "rights under ada" violated.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:07 PM

I have shared all I know and have read on the topic. I certainly could be wrong here. You are correct manufacturing environments are different. I also don’t blame you for not wanting to get caught up in an expensive lawsuit as a small business owner.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:09 PM

Baby steps. wink

Not talking about a business. I'm talking about the new "requirement" to wear a mask when social distancing isn't possible.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archive...K5xdzdTCFc6f-FnLJ1zsrqvxXKnR3jvR-hISvQ8c

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:13 PM

The ADA does not cover people not wearing a mask. Nobody is stomping their feet except the non-maskers. As I stated last April, there may not be one peak, it could be a series of peaks, and states that were slow to act will keep the virus and need for protective measures going longer. Note also the mayors of many large cities sent a letter to Abbott about the need for masks and social distancing weeks ago. And this is why other states are imposing quarantines--we're a mobile society and states doing a good job don't want the virus coming back in.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:19 PM

The ADA does not cover people not wearing a mask. Nobody is stomping their feet except the non-maskers. As I stated last April, there may not be one peak, it could be a series of peaks, and states that were slow to act will keep the virus and need for protective measures going longer. Note also the mayors of many large cities sent a letter to Abbott about the need for masks and social distancing weeks ago. And this is why other states are imposing quarantines--we're a mobile society and states doing a good job don't want the virus coming back in.

Why did the mayors of large cities allow 4 weeks of riots during a pandemic? Because the spread was slowing and they need it to be an issue through the Summer.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:20 PM

Everyone (and rightly so) gets concerned when the government starts dictating policies that impact our personal lives. We worry about government overstepping their authority and history shows they have tried and failed on many occasions.

On this issue mandating wearing of mask. I don't personally feel this is a constitutional infringement on my rights. The minor inconvenience caused to me is heavily outweighed by the potential of reducing the spread of a highly contagious virus.

At the end of the day, this is not a constitutional rights battle that need be fought.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Everyone (and rightly so) gets concerned when the government starts dictating policies that impact our personal lives. We worry about government overstepping their authority and history shows they have tried and failed on many occasions.

On this issue mandating wearing of mask. I don't personally feel this is a constitutional infringement on my rights. The minor inconvenience caused to me is heavily outweighed by the potential of reducing the spread of a highly contagious virus.

At the end of the day, this is not a constitutional rights battle that need be fought.

thumb
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:27 PM

The good and bad news being reported out as of yesterday. We are dealing with a new mutation of COVID 19. It has a higher transmissible rate but is less deadly.

If 100% of the people wore mask, COVID 19 would go away faster. But there are a bunch of people that will resist everything. Sad thing is, people doing the right thing are protecting the people not wearing masks, while the people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone else at risk.
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird

6 pages to get the reasonable answer. Lot of folks seem to get oppression confused with inconvenience.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
If 100% of the people wore mask, COVID 19 would go away faster.

Try living a healthy lifestyle and/or washing your hands. If you're close enough to smell someone's fart, you're close enough to smell what they're digesting.

Since I was little, I've washed my hands regularly and tried not to get close enough to smell people's fart.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:34 PM

I have shared all I know and have read on the topic. I certainly could be wrong here. You are correct manufacturing environments are different. I also don’t blame you for not wanting to get caught up in an expensive lawsuit as a small business owner.

I have a person that comes in not often but not rarely either. He has a son that God bless him has a really hard time. I have a fairly good size place that allows you to spread out alot, back area covered patio, etc. He does the same thing every time, Do you mind if we sit at the bar? (Which is right in the middle of everything) of course we say go ahead cause we arent stupid. Next thing you know all kinds of yelling and tantrums get started. It's really unnerving type stuff that clears the area out within minutes. It upsets staff, customers, children around them. You name it and they will stay for hours. I'd bet my last dollar he is trolling business all over. Who in their right mind as a care giver would do that. Business are fearful to a fault of this kind of stuff, which is why some gd pitbull ends up in a dining room because we cant question it, ask for documentation, nothing. They say service animal that's the end of the conversation. I think the masks are an infringement, I dont think the burden should be placed on the business to enforce as we are not police. I dont think I should have to chase customers around the store like herding cats. Now before some clown jumps on me we have spread out bar seats, closed off tables, removed tables, staff has been wearing masks for months , sanitizer all over the place, etc etc etc. Most every business I know is doing their part. The government should do their own dirty work. Go out and write tax paying customers tickets, let the LEO decide if a person is exempt, Business has been treated very badly by government and we will remember it at the ballot box and when they come asking for donations for their little campaigns.
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:34 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:37 PM

Obviously they cover it because they are already giving preliminary guidance on it and opinions. If they weren't gonna cover it why would they give guidance professor, they have already cited copd, asthma, cystic fibrosis, and god knows what else. It's in a publication already.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:56 PM

Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by chickenman
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
If 100% of the people wore mask, COVID 19 would go away faster.

Try living a healthy lifestyle and/or washing your hands. If you're close enough to smell someone's fart, you're close enough to smell what they're digesting.

Since I was little, I've washed my hands regularly and tried not to get close enough to smell people's fart.

A sneeze indoors can carry 26 feet.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 01:59 PM

WTH is a non-masker? The mask is a placebo so you don't suck somebody's spit.

It will not stop the virus from exiting the mouth of someone infected and entering your lungs.

Why do the "scientific" posers keep lying?

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:10 PM

It will not stop the virus from exiting the mouth of someone infected and entering your lungs.

I bet those same people screaming about everyone wearing masks don't wear eye protection. Since most other similar viruses can enter through the eyes - and there is current research in the process of being peer reviewed saying that COVID-19 can indeed and does likely enter that way...where are the mask pimps screaming for eye protection mandates as well?

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:14 PM

I get that they were trying to conserve masks for healthcare workers but look at how easily Fauci seems to lie here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRa...AGMfgSWSJDBoQP2190x0GdgU&app=desktop
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:19 PM

I bet those same people screaming about everyone wearing masks don't wear eye protection. Since most other similar viruses can enter through the eyes - and there is current research in the process of being peer reviewed saying that COVID-19 can indeed and does likely enter that way...where are the mask pimps screaming for eye protection mandates as well?

My guess the reason for no eye protection mandate is that infected people aren't shedding the virus into the air through their eyes. If people's eyes were vaping this stuff into the air, then I expect them to be telling everyone to wear goggles.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:20 PM

dont feel so bad... they'll be ok.

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S

dont feel so bad... they'll be ok.

[Linked Image]

A Monica Lewinsky mask!

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:21 PM

Dont suicide me Bill......

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:25 PM

pretty sure bill is busy right now...

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:27 PM

Once solution would be to turn the infected loose and do away with all restrictions. Let the virus do what it does and use the old survival of the fittest mentality.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:33 PM

Conjuctival epithelium is a transmission source and five minutes on medline and you can see for yourselves.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:40 PM

Conjuctival epithelium is a transmission source and five minutes on medline and you can see for yourselves.

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 02:57 PM

A global pandemic has moved up a few spots on my list of how I think the human race will go extinct. People's unwillingness to do something as minorly inconvenient as wearing a mask gives me no hope that we could handle a more deadly disease.

And no, global warming is not anywhere on my list. At least not directly.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:00 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S
[Linked Image]

Lol

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Floon Swenson

My guess the reason for no eye protection mandate is that infected people aren't shedding the virus into the air through their eyes. If people's eyes were vaping this stuff into the air, then I expect them to be telling everyone to wear goggles.

Except that's not how that works. For the vast majority of people - mask wearing increases the amount of face touching - leading to the fomite spread of the virus - especially from those who wear gloves.

N95 masks - especially the ones with the valve - exhaust contaminated particles back into a contaminated environment. They protect on inhalation - they don't protect the environment from exhalation. So even someone wearing a N95 mask can contract the virus from an infected person also wearing a N95 via the eyes. I won't even speak on cloth masks because any amount of "protection" they offer is so insignificant it's not even worth debating with someone who truly thinks they help.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:21 PM

Found a good mask

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:23 PM

Found a good mask

[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:26 PM

you wouldn't last a week in a restaurant environment, the ada will cover those of us who can't wear masks due to respiratory problems, I have a set of plates on my truck to back me up and if need be can go to my drs. so write that ticket!
those of us with half a brain know enough not to put ourselves at any more risk than needed but I will be damed if someone is going to tell me to purposely choke myself by restricting my breathing with a mask. even a buff over mouth and nose restricts it too much.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:32 PM

I'm leaning towards voting for Abbott again now that he has taken a positive step towards slowing the spread of Covid-19.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by BillS2006
I'm leaning towards voting for Abbott again now that he has taken a positive step towards slowing the spread of Covid-19.

I'm voting for him again, people need to go read the mask order and abide by what it says.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:46 PM

Looks like one health official has the guts to attribute some of the surge to protests. The rest are afraid their careers will get canceled if they speak the truth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kx...d-gatherings-during-holiday-weekend/amp/

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Looks like one health official has the guts to attribute some of the surge to protests. The rest are afraid their careers will get canceled if they speak the truth.

Yeah its dumb for anyone to say the protests had nothing to do with it. But its aldo dumb to say reopening had nothing to do with it. Its ALSO dumb to say the ONLY reason for the surge is increased testing.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 03:52 PM

I like what Abbott said about masks and protests.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 04:19 PM

A global pandemic has moved up a few spots on my list of how I think the human race will go extinct. People's unwillingness to do something as minorly inconvenient as wearing a mask gives me no hope that we could handle a more deadly disease.

A mask will not protect you from a virus.

Look it up skippy. It keeps you from spitting in other people's mouth. Social distancing works. If you are in the high risk group, STAY HOME! The virus passes through masks without slowing down.
Posted By: Canino

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

And LA County now says so also:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rotests-led-spike-coronavirus-cases.html

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 04:45 PM

Look it up skippy. It keeps you from spitting in other people's mouth. Social distancing works. If you are in the high risk group, STAY HOME! The virus passes through masks without slowing down.

Spazm..... Our purveyor of truth yet ignoring so many facts along the way that are uncomfortable for you to hear.

Make no mistake.... I wear a surgical mask every day. I wear eye protection every day. The difference is that I understand what a cloth mask will and won't do for a lay person untrained in infection control protocols. If you believe free Covid testing didn't cause a spike in positive cases, good for you. If you believe that corona virus testing is the same thing as Covid-19 testing, good for you. If you believe there isn't money in you being hospitalized for Covid, I don't know what to tell you. Surely you know about the money behind testing positive for Covid-19, no matter the comorbidities.

If you want to have look at citation references just say the word and we can go there and bore everyone to tears. I'm asking you to use your brain and think of which part of this makes sense and which doesn't.

Stay six feet away from everyone all of the time. If you have flu like symptoms, stay home. If you're putting your trust in a cloth face covering without any training you're betting on a losing horse.

J
Posted By: gander

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 04:57 PM

https://www.easttexasmatters.com/he...ain-covid-19-before-shutting-down-again/

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 05:04 PM

Spazm..... Our purveyor of truth yet ignoring so many facts along the way that are uncomfortable for you to hear.

Make no mistake.... I wear a surgical mask every day. I wear eye protection every day. The difference is that I understand what a cloth mask will and won't do for a lay person untrained in infection control protocols. If you believe free Covid testing didn't cause a spike in positive cases, good for you. If you believe that corona virus testing is the same thing as Covid-19 testing, good for you. If you believe there isn't money in you being hospitalized for Covid, I don't know what to tell you. Surely you know about the money behind testing positive for Covid-19, no matter the comorbidities.

If you want to have look at citation references just say the word and we can go there and bore everyone to tears. I'm asking you to use your brain and think of which part of this makes sense and which doesn't.

Stay six feet away from everyone all of the time. If you have flu like symptoms, stay home. If you're putting your trust in a cloth face covering without any training you're betting on a losing horse.

J

I'm gonna ask a yes or no question. Please give me a one word answer.

If we had 2 isolated populations of people that were identical in every way except one group ALL wore cloth masks and the other group didnt, are you telling me that you think virus transmission would be identical in both groups?
Posted By: cocodrie

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 05:17 PM

The whole gas station was triggered just now, I just went in maskless to buy some Miller lites and grizzly. Sorry.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 05:49 PM

The CDC, AMA and ADA says we should wear a mask.
The US health experts, VP and now the president has even said it. The governor and many mayors are on board.

Thats the backing you get wearing a mask. If they are all wrong there is no harm. If they are right I help the economy and protect lives.

I also wear safety glasses.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 06:07 PM

Let's get some qualifiers going here.

How educated are these people? Are these they ones I see touching their mask repeatedly without washing their hands and face? The ones with it down around their chin then back up while touching door handles, pens, etc.? Their transmission will be greater.

A more educated and hygienic group would be identical or possibly lower.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 06:28 PM

Identical in every way except masks... that includes education and hygiene

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 06:34 PM

Let's get some qualifiers going here.

How educated are these people? Are these they ones I see touching their mask repeatedly without washing their hands and face? The ones with it down around their chin then back up while touching door handles, pens, etc.? Their transmission will be greater.

A more educated and hygienic group would be identical or possibly lower.

If there were an equal amount of virus in the air in both cases you might be correct. However, since the virus is not aerosolized and is primarily transmitted via droplets, there will be vastly less virus in the air and on surfaces in the population that wore masks. This is because any mask will knock down a large percentage of the droplets.

Let me use an analogy here that might help better explain this to some people. Let's say there is a virus that spreads by fecal matter. We aren't talking about something that spreads via farts, we are talking about something that spreads by actual poo splatter. So if you have a blow out while walking the grocery aisles, even whitey tighties are going to keep most of your poo on you. This is basically exactly how COVID spreads, only it's droplets expelled out of your mouth when you cough or sneeze. A mask is going to knock down a big chunk of that.

If you have evidence to the contrary you should share your information with the rest of the worlds MDs, epidemiologist, and political leaders. You'd probably make a fortune and could tour the country giving speeches.
Posted By: Canino

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 07:01 PM

Identical in every way except masks... that includes education and hygiene

The no-mask people can simply go to a protest, then the transmission rate for both will be identical as well.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 07:51 PM

J

Truth. We did that until the riots. Busloads of people gathering in rage which went home and spread the China flu. STUPIDLY supported by liberals everywhere who now say the mask is the cure all. PLEASE stay home if you are int the high risk category. If you don't care enough for your own wellbeing to stay home don't expect others to sacrifice for more for you. A mask is an illusion.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 07:53 PM

Left wing groups are sending infected people out to spread it in red states.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 08:05 PM

That’s why I’ve been drinking my own urine every day because that protects you from COVID-19

So far it’s been working

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 09:28 PM

Ummmm...

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti

That’s why I’ve been drinking my own urine every day because that protects you from COVID-19

So far it’s been working

I'm not surprised.....
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 10:01 PM

Probably better for ya than bleach. Try it with a shot of Tequila.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 10:43 PM

[

That study if its the same one I read had 4 subjects and the samples were taken 10 cm from the mask. ONE study.
I will admit that most of the studies showed that the virus does to through a mask but many studies show that it helps.
Posted By: JAlfred

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate - 07/03/20 11:04 PM

Mask sign at vintage clothing store in Phoenix:

"If you choose not to wear a mask, we respectfully ask that you postpone your visit, we will be happy to debate the efficacy of masks with you when this is all over and you come in to sell your dead grandmother's clothes."
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum