Forums59
Topics1,039,337
Posts13,963,100
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Flags] #13617023 07/02/20 11:22 PM
S
spazm09 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Flags
I won't wear one. If I get a ticket, I get a ticket. I see my country going down the tubes and I'm just tired of the BS.

You do you man. I'm not going to shame anyone for not wearing one though I think it would help if they did. But what I cant stand is the spread of misinformation.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617025 07/02/20 11:23 PM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Lol, JPurdue you of all people calling someone else a Karen, c'mon man, that's exactly what you've been since day one of this thing

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617027 07/02/20 11:23 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Wearing a mask is that constant reminder that we are fighting a pandemic. That should keep everyone on track to be
careful and follow the rules that have been set. I think the problem with this virus is people cant see it.
If this virus was causing skin blisters, or all your hair falling out, or purple ears....you can bet people would be doing
everything possible to avoid it. But since you cant see it, we just walk around like it dont exist...until its too late.
Dont think it's not out there,..it really is. We all need to slow this down, and protect our families, our friends and
neighbors until there is a vaccine to combat this horrible monster. angel

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Floon Swenson] #13617028 07/02/20 11:24 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Floon Swenson
Read the comments on Abbott's Twitter post where he talks about this order.

Just my opinion, but I think we're f'd. I hope I'm wrong, but I bet we get right back to a significant business shutdown like before.

Twitter is not real life and it shouldn’t be used as a barometer of what is going on in reality. But, yes, there was a lot of resistance in the replies.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: ReelBusy] #13617029 07/02/20 11:25 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Hancock
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
[
Just because they found 3 people on the globe that say they “aren't sure” doesn’t mean scientist are divided. You don’t even have to be a scientist to know that even if they do nothing for the person wearing the mask they’ll do a lot to slow asymptomatic spread of a virus that is primarily spread by droplets. In addition to that, Plenty of links have already been posted on other threads on this forum that link to solid reputable scientific studies that show masks slow the spread. And for a final time, I don’t care what you do. Don’t wear one. Pay the fine. I’m young and healthy, I’ll be fine. But stop being a Karen and quit the constant whining and pretending you have some sort of profound instight not shared by 99% of the scientific community.

It's actually the medical experts sending out mixed messages throughout this ordeal that created this confusion about wearing a mask so don't get too righteous about it.

Korean study showed ZERO reduction in viral particles coughed through a mask. Spazm, sir, take your own advice.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617030 07/02/20 11:26 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
I've always said, we should be wearning masks. bolt grin

I think the Governor handled himself well in the video and the way he explained it, we could roll with it. Especially if it keeps businesses open. I want the economy good.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Bob Davis] #13617032 07/02/20 11:28 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
I've always said, we should be wearning masks. bolt grin

I think the Governor handled himself well in the video and the way he explained it, we could roll with it. Especially if it keeps businesses open. I want the economy good.

Yes.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: JacksonBean] #13617035 07/02/20 11:28 PM
S
spazm09 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by JacksonBean
[
Just because they found 3 people on the globe that say they “aren't sure” doesn’t mean scientist are divided. You don’t even have to be a scientist to know that even if they do nothing for the person wearing the mask they’ll do a lot to slow asymptomatic spread of a virus that is primarily spread by droplets. In addition to that, Plenty of links have already been posted on other threads on this forum that link to solid reputable scientific studies that show masks slow the spread. And for a final time, I don’t care what you do. Don’t wear one. Pay the fine. I’m young and healthy, I’ll be fine. But stop being a Karen and quit the constant whining and pretending you have some sort of profound instight not shared by 99% of the scientific community.

It's actually the medical experts sending out mixed messages throughout this ordeal that created this confusion about wearing a mask so don't get too righteous about it.

Korean study showed ZERO reduction in viral particles coughed through a mask. Spazm, sir, take your own advice.

Source please.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: ReelBusy] #13617036 07/02/20 11:29 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
[

Not recently. Let’s not forget just about every country on the planet has come to the same conclusion as well. They all just did it much earlier than we did. Shelter in place the old and weak. Everyone else be responsible and get on with your life. For right now being responsible means wearing a mask when indoors around strangers.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: spazm09] #13617042 07/02/20 11:31 PM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by spazm09
[

Source please.

Do you read Korean?

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: JacksonBean] #13617045 07/02/20 11:32 PM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
[

I've read a few studies along those lines. I wish the experts would now share the data on contact tracing and other means of the virus spreading. Seems we are kept in the dark or they really just don't know. Being mandated to wear a mask while out walking just seems ridiculous. The order allows outdoor activities and swimming laugh

Last edited by Hancock; 07/02/20 11:49 PM.
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617048 07/02/20 11:33 PM
S
spazm09 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
No I can only write it. : (

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617055 07/02/20 11:36 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Bosque County has less than 20. I'm heading to the ranch and getting away from all you filthy heathens.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13617063 07/02/20 11:38 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

I can cite ten sources where cloth masks provide little to no benefit but we’ve been over this countless times on this forum. Make it worth my while with a friendly wager by putting your money where your mouth is or it’s just not worth it.

Social distancing works. Grandpa’s hanky? Debatable. wink

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: outfishdya] #13617065 07/02/20 11:39 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by outfishdya
[
One of the concerns is that it makes everything you touch more likely to be contaminated. By touching your own mask, which people do even more often than normally touching their face, you are touching a much more contaminated item, which in turn makes every else you touch more contaminated than it would have been.

Agree that it isn't perfect. Most people wearing masks don't get Covid on them.
But consider if you did. Like you said you get the virus on the outside of the mask and you get them on your fingers then into your body. But consider that if you were not wearing a mask you get them on your face and also get them in your body.
It just means you are better protected wearing the mask and using it properly. I take mine off by the ear loop, then wash it.

It has to be better than not wearing one, especially if I were to sneeze and had it.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide