Forums59
Topics1,039,368
Posts13,963,443
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616929 07/02/20 10:08 PM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Read the comments on Abbott's Twitter post where he talks about this order.

Just my opinion, but I think we're f'd. I hope I'm wrong, but I bet we get right back to a significant business shutdown like before.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616933 07/02/20 10:14 PM
C
CBoone Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
It's getting out of control with the reaction to this. There is simply too much $$$$$$ involved within the healthcare system and gov (plus all the lobbyist groups that pad the pockets of said politicians).

Is the virus real? Yes

Will a mask help you in any way shape or form? No - a surgical mask is useless very quickly in non-sterile environments (and that is if you're trained in using PPE correctly), a N95 mask is still going to allow virus particles to be exhaled into the environment - after all they're only designed to protect inhalation, and cloth masks are absolutely useless. Like trying to stop a flood with a chain link fence. Those are facts - not opinions.

Tell me something - if masks were the be-all-end-all to keep you safe - why has Dallas County seen a "mass" rise in cases when masks have been MANDATED for two weeks? Don't give me some 14 day incubation BS - science says now it's within 5 days.

Also if this virus is so bad that everyone "must" wear a mask - why are used masks allowed to go in the regular garbage? If what these politicians are pimping is true - that is bio-med waste and should be disposed as a hazardous material.....

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: CBoone] #13616938 07/02/20 10:21 PM
S
spazm09 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by CBoone
It's getting out of control with the reaction to this. There is simply too much $$$$$$ involved within the healthcare system and gov (plus all the lobbyist groups that pad the pockets of said politicians).

Is the virus real? Yes

Will a mask help you in any way shape or form? No - a surgical mask is useless very quickly in non-sterile environments (and that is if you're trained in using PPE correctly), a N95 mask is still going to allow virus particles to be exhaled into the environment - after all they're only designed to protect inhalation, and cloth masks are absolutely useless. Like trying to stop a flood with a chain link fence. Those are facts - not opinions.

Tell me something - if masks were the be-all-end-all to keep you safe - why has Dallas County seen a "mass" rise in cases when masks have been MANDATED for two weeks? Don't give me some 14 day incubation BS - science says now it's within 5 days.

Also if this virus is so bad that everyone "must" wear a mask - why are used masks allowed to go in the regular garbage? If what these politicians are pimping is true - that is bio-med waste and should be disposed as a hazardous material.....

You need to educate yourself a bit more on the topic.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: spazm09] #13616939 07/02/20 10:22 PM
C
CBoone Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by spazm09

Is the virus real? Yes

Educate me please

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616941 07/02/20 10:24 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Two weeks is the incubation period.
Masks are a tool and nobody said they were the end all, they just say they help.

Baby steps and more concern. If it transports to the public it should show results.
I still believe more of a game plan is needed. Show what different case results will force the govt to do.
The bottom line should be death rate. Thats the only thing that matters anyway.

Mark mentioned the 3C's the Japanese have used. Who knows what fits us best.

Last edited by Allison1; 07/02/20 10:28 PM.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616942 07/02/20 10:24 PM
T
Tallgrass05 Offline
bill maher's protege
bill maher's protege
T
The hateful messages Abbott is getting are not surprising.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: CBoone] #13616947 07/02/20 10:29 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

Is the virus real? Yes

The masks aren’t the be all end all. They just help. Not sure why that concept is so hard for you to understand. It’s just like washing your hands, it helps. It’s vastly better than a shut down. Even Trump is now saying to quit being an idiot and wear a mask.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Jpurdue] #13616952 07/02/20 10:36 PM
C
CBoone Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by Jpurdue

Is the virus real? Yes

The masks aren’t the be all end all. They just help. Not sure why that concept is so hard for you to understand. It’s just like washing your hands, it helps. It’s vastly better than a shut down. Even Trump is now saying to quit being an idiot and wear a mask.

All they do is give people a false sense of security. 99% of the people on the street don't put them on, take them off, or wear them correctly - with a virus that makes them useless. Not sure whats so hard for you to understand. If everyone was trained and fitted for PPE (like they are in hospitals) you and I could agree on their effectiveness. Their effectiveness as a tool doesn't jive with fining people. That's my opinion and it isn't going to change.

Who cares what Trump says?

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616955 07/02/20 10:37 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I like this. When Texas now has 6900 in hospitals with covid-19 and the average was from 1100-1800 in April and May, something's gotta be done. Bring the masks on and wear 'em with pride. I'm gonna make my own that has a big ole' MAGA emblem on front.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: CBoone] #13616956 07/02/20 10:37 PM
S
spazm09 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

Is the virus real? Yes

Educate me please

No, do it yourself.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: spazm09] #13616958 07/02/20 10:39 PM
C
CBoone Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C

Is the virus real? Yes

Educate me please

No, do it yourself.

You seem to know so much, so please share your knowledge - otherwise shut up.

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616963 07/02/20 10:42 PM
S
Scagnetti Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Abbott is a fraud and is nothing more than a front man for the Democraps

I also know spinals dewd, and he ain’t no spinal. He’s faking it big time and he can walk better than you and me

[Linked Image]

Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616964 07/02/20 10:42 PM
S
spazm09 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
You need to do it yourself because when I cite credible sources you're just going to blow them off. Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated. Back up your talk.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: Mark Perry] #13616969 07/02/20 10:45 PM
S
spazm09 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott issues statewide mask mandate [Re: spazm09] #13616973 07/02/20 10:48 PM
C
CBoone Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
You need to do it yourself because when I cite credible sources you're just going to blow them off. Find me an epidemiologist who is currently saying masks dont help like you've stated. Back up your talk.

That's what I thought.

I don't deny PPE works - it indeed works - HOWEVER - people need to be trained how to put it on, take it off, as well as they need to be fitted for it. The general public is not. Period. All it does it create a false sense of security and leads to more spread whereas just maintaining 6' and washing your hands as well as just not being a disgusting human being can and is effective. I can go find 10 epidemiologist who say what I say and I can go find 10 who agree with you. There's no point in arguing. My opinion is what it is and yours is what it is.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide