Forums59
Topics1,039,301
Posts13,962,524
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Question before livescope purchase.... [Re: pugman] #13608945 06/26/20 03:31 PM
C
cantcatch5 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I did what you are talking about and bought Livescope with the intention of getting a trolling motor with gps 6mos-a year later... I replaced my trolling motor after 2-3 trips out. Livescope is awesome but the trolling motor is even better for me. I bought a Garmin Force and it is awesome to troll along looking at the built in side view, see something and go over to it and look at it with livescope all using the handheld remote.

The biggest perk of the anchor mode isn’t just using it while actively fishing, it is still being in place when you catch a fish and take it to the livewell, work on a tangled line, retie after breaking off, change jigs, etc...I fish with my son almost exclusively and it is great when helping him as well.

I am not an advocate of debt at all but Cabela’s has 0% intrest for a year right now. If you planned on saving up for the trolling motor over the next few months you could pay cash for your Livescope and make payments at no intrest on the trolling motor for a few months.

Re: Question before livescope purchase.... [Re: pugman] #13609753 06/27/20 03:41 AM
N
NELA Bassguy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
I would say that it depends on how good you are at boat positioning. I fish alot of single standing trees with livescope mounted on the TM and no spot lock which is more difficult than brushpiles IMO because they are smaller.

I use the livescope to basically fly by monitor. I dont look at my maps or anything like that. I use the livescope to find the tree and then navigate the trolling motor to the tree. While fanning my livescope to see which way I need to setup to deal with the wind.

I will say that in a tough wind this is almost impossible and that spotlock would be so much easier, but it can be done. I would definitely not attempt if you are not very good at boat handling.

Re: Question before livescope purchase.... [Re: pugman] #13610376 06/27/20 09:49 PM
Drycreek3189 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Not trying to hijack your thread pugman, but I’m trying to get in the game also and figure more info is a good thing ?

I’ve seen the Force TM mentioned here a couple times and I read some older reviews where users complained that at times the Force lost GPS signal (I guess) and swung the boat violently to get back on target and almost threw them off the boat. Is that a thing of the past or has anyone had that happen ?

Re: Question before livescope purchase.... [Re: pugman] #13610477 06/27/20 11:56 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

There are two types of Livescoper's...

Squatters: those that utilize the anchor mode on there trolling motor will put the transducer on a stand-alone pole.
https://shut-up-and-fish.com/the-poleducer-1/

Chasers: those that do not utilize the anchor mode of the trolling motor and have the transducer on the trolling motor shaft. Total boat control is of the essence. Tip: prop speed is important to manage your boat control.

Our PoleDucer was recently mentioned in a Field & Stream article.
Section 3
https://www.fieldandstream.com/story/fishing/ultimate-guide-to-spider-rigging-for-crappies/

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide